• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Haha. Figs and Nami, you guys are killing me. Too much.

Hey. Thanks for jumping in crucible with us last night. Sorry for the performance. We had some ridiculous lag on our end which is why we backed out a few times. Not sure if you saw the same thing.

We finally got a good connection later in the evening and got back to our winning ways.

Join us anytime you want

Yea, the lag was shit. Ammo pickups didn't work and the guys didn't lose any health when I shot them. It was pretty bad.

LordofPwn

First of all, four Ballerhorns killing Atheon in 17 seconds is not a thing that happened. We're getting that from the time the group starts shooting at him, until his death animation. This annoys the shit out of me because every time I see this mentioned it's in conjunction with OMG Bungie is gonna nerf Gjallarhorn OMG broken OMG cheese. Let's take a look at the video, eh? It is plainly, incontrovertibly obvious that they have Time's Vengeance going on while killing him in that video. Unless I am meant to believe that the fight started, they were teleported, grabbed the relic and killed all the Oracles in the 3 seconds before Time's Vengeance kicks in that we are shown, they didn't kill Atheon in 17 seconds. Maybe you see this as a minor point but it does get on my nerves a little bit, because the video is titled "World Record Speed Kill (17seconds)" -_- We just ignore the time since the fight began that came before that 17 seconds?

Second, they're 5 level 30s and one 29, and the 2 people without Gjallarhorns are also shooting at the boss. They just fucking wreck him. They aren't even using Weapons of Light; crazily faster kill times are possible than this. There's nothing wrong with that. They're all max or near max level. They have maxed weapons. They get Time's Vengeance successfully. They are playing the game. The idea that this is somehow comparable to the things Bungie has shown a desire to fix, such as a single player being able to throw grenades at the final boss and cause him to fall off a ledge, going from full health to 0 health instantly and awarding people who didn't even participate in the fucking fight with some of the rarest loot in the game, is absolutely baffling to me.

Hey you want to join our 6 Level 30 maxed Gjallarhorn Atheon Hard Beat Down attempt? figure we can beat him with only 10-12 seconds of times vengeance ~22 Gjallar rockets with 35% damage boost on top of TV.

How many hitpoints does Atheon have anyways and how much damage does 1 Gjallarhorn rocket do with TV?

Strider

bought the last word, still think fatebringer is the best hand cannon, well its certainly my favorite out of the ones i have

For PvE the Last Word is outshined by a few other handcannons including fatebringer... plus it's nice to keep that exotic slot open for special/heavy weapon.

For PvP Last Word is amazing and shits all over Fatebringer.

Zakalwe

Banned
Totally agree. Bought it anyways cuz why not...but FB is better, and not consuming an exotic slot :)

Better in pve for sure and the larger maps maybe, but on smaller maps there's no question: TLW tops it.

For PvE the Last Word is outshined by a few others... plus it's nice to keep that exotic slot open for special/heavy weapon.

For PvP Last Word is amazing and shits all over Fatebringer.

Preach.

Better in pve for sure and the larger maps maybe, but on smaller maps there's no question: TLW tops it.

Preach.

Is it better than Hawkmoon or Thorn in PvP on the smaller maps? I'd rather not buy it if one of the guns I have can be swapped in.

Watch someone find an OP use for TLW on Sunday, after I passed on it.

Jaeyden

bought the last word, still think fatebringer is the best hand cannon, well its certainly my favorite out of the ones i have

This. I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with TLW. I got it about a month ago, leveled it up and then basically abandoned it. It's cool and fun and sounds great but it's not that great of a hand cannon IMO.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Once again my stupid team decides it's a good idea to take the 3rd point when we have 2 already. We're now losing, thanks mouthbreathers.

Tawpgun

Xur is fuckin dumb.

It's like welfare exotics. They are pretty cheap and so everyone will have them. I don't even have TLW but now it loses some of its appeal.

Hope bungie nerfs or removes Xur next expansion and fixes the way you get exotic loot. It should be a reward for doing something amazing. And some exotics should be purely RNG to simulate the rareness.

lunlunqq

There's a lot of TLWs in the crucible now, lol.
How does it measure up against the Suros in PVP? Now may be a good time to get some good crucible results. Everybody got try out their brand new unleveled toy. They may fall easy prey to the time tested reliable PVP weapons such as the regime.

Zakalwe

Banned
Is it better than Hawkmoon or Thorn in PvP on the smaller maps? I'd rather not buy it if one of the guns I have can be swapped in.

It's better than every Handcannon in rumble. It's the best primary in the game for rumble.

IMO.

Smaller maps it beats them because that's exactly what it's built for. Hawkmoon and the others top it in the larger maps or equal it in maps with lots of good sight lines.

It kills so quickly at close to mid range, especially if you can headshot, and all from hip fire so you don't need to lose split seconds and speed going in to ADS.

I consistently kill shotgun and AR users at close range with it much more than I do with any other HC, and I'm a decent shot.

If you love HCs don't pass on it, it's a unique experience.

How does it measure up against the Suros in PVP? Now may be a good time to get some good crucible results. Everybody got try out their brand new unleveled toy. They may fall easy prey to the time tested reliable PVP weapons such as the regime.

At close to mid it tears Regime users down. At long range you get beat.

It also takes a bit more skill to handle, Regime is much easier to kill with. Nowhere near as satisfying, though.

If you're a good shot you won't find Regime a problem in general.

Varvor

Lol Xur selling TLW, damn i guess ill stay away from pvp for about a week before general populace stops using that gun due to its steep leafning curve (happened with SR and that went on sale twice).

Outside of the vitrol of no longer being less uniqe snow flake, is this the best set of items that xur sold thus far? Now mind you i got EVERY SINGLE one of thousr items, but damn some one would go broke to bring all thouse good stuff.

Namikaze1

:lol you fucking narcissist.
I want the cloning process to be perfect. I don't want to have an evil me running around wrecking shit. There can only be one evil me annoying you and that's me! :p

-----------------------

You'll get your Hawkmoon, fig. You'll get it just like I got mah Last Word. Well, not exactly like how I got the Last Word. But you will get one.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
1. holy shit at the posting rate since last night aahahaha.
2. there's going to be so much Thorn vs. Last Word in the Crucible this week and I will LOVE IT

What gun did you use in pvp for the thorn bounty? I tried AE and it was not pretty.
77 Wizard. Here was my session, did it all in one go: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=132828056&postcount=13260

beastly fusion rifle.
Xur is fuckin dumb.

It's like welfare exotics. They are pretty cheap and so everyone will have them. I don't even have TLW but now it loses some of its appeal.

Hope bungie nerfs or removes Xur next expansion and fixes the way you get exotic loot. It should be a reward for doing something amazing. And some exotics should be purely RNG to simulate the rareness.
I hope Bungie never turns Destiny into the game you want it to be :)

The exotic bounties are rewards for pulling off their requirements and can't be obtained anywhere else. Hawkmoon, Monte Carlo, and the Vex Mythoclast are purely RNG.

lunlunqq

Xur is fuckin dumb.

I never get anything from the RNG in this game. So I say bless good Xur because getting something in some non-dramatic way >> never getting anything.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I never get anything from the RNG in this game. So I say bless good Xur because getting something in some non-dramatic way >> never getting anything.
nailed it

They're all completely different weapons, and all are viable. Only pass on TLW if you specifically aren't interested in it, otherwise it's something you can't get anywhere else.

LiK

TLW surge in PVP will be temporary like with Suros. It'll go back to normal in a few days. I've rarely seen Suros now. The most recent I saw it last night was in Skirmish.

lol

I can see it now, in a couple of weeks people will be doing the Gjallahorn thing on TLW

"why oh why didn't I buy it? Please Xur, bring back TLW next week!!"

:)

E92 M3

Xur is fuckin dumb.

Xur: Space Welfare IV

I know everyone is excited by TLW, I mean shit, I'm buying it when I get home (not touching it till I level it up tho) but is anyone else wondering how Bungie is gonna handle the exotics and raid gear from TDB?

I'm guessing with how everything in this game is practically designed for maximum grinding that they're probably gonna include some mat upgrade exclusive to TDB, otherwise the only barrier to hitting 32 would be the usual loot table BS since I'm sure by now most of us have a pretty big surplus of ass mats sitting around...

Also have they mentioned when the raid will unlock? A week or two after it drops?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey you want to join our 6 Level 30 maxed Gjallarhorn Atheon Hard Beat Down attempt? figure we can beat him with only 10-12 seconds of times vengeance ~22 Gjallar rockets with 35% damage boost on top of TV.

How many hitpoints does Atheon have anyways and how much damage does 1 Gjallarhorn rocket do with TV?
I'm not level 30. :'(

But yes, with 6 30s, all Max Gjallarhorns, and WoL, 10s of Vengeance or even below it should be possible

It does a bajillion dmg give or take.
Does the Thorn DoT stack if other teammates are using it too?
Nah- no DoTs of any kind stack in Destiny. I was disappointed by this for about 15 secs before doing some theorycrafting and realizing how OP it would become

edit: Also, a speedclear of Atheon with no Time's Vengeance (just grab the relic and run no matter what) would be fun as hell too; in theory Time's Vengeance is a 4x modifier so it could still be possible in just 3-4 teleport rounds, and possibly under 2 minutes

It's better than every Handcannon in rumble. It's the best primary in the game for rumble.

IMO.

Smaller maps it beats them because that's exactly what it's built for. Hawkmoon and the others top it in the larger maps or equal it in maps with lots of good sight lines.

It kills so quickly at close to mid range, especially if you can headshot, and all from hip fire so you don't need to lose split seconds and speed going in to ADS.

I consistently kill shotgun and AR users at close range with it much more than I do with any other HC, and I'm a decent shot.

If you love HCs don't pass on it, it's a unique experience.

At close to mid it tears Regime users down. At long range you get beat.

It also takes a bit more skill to handle, Regime is much easier to kill with. Nowhere near as satisfying, though.

If you're a good shot you won't find Regime a problem in general.

nailed it

They're all completely different weapons, and all are viable. Only pass on TLW if you specifically aren't interested in it, otherwise it's something you can't get anywhere else.

lol

I can see it now, in a couple of weeks people will be doing the Gjallahorn thing on TLW

"why oh why didn't I buy it? Please Xur, bring back TLW next week!!"

:)

Crap. Alright, I'll buy it on one condition...Someone needs to carry my 26ish Warlock through the Nightfall and a normal raid before he leaves, just to make sure I'm not destined to get it for free.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Crap. Alright, I'll buy it on one condition...Someone needs to carry my 26ish Warlock through the Nightfall and a normal raid before he leaves, just to make sure I'm not destined to get it for free.
If you're on for clinic hours tonight I'd be happy to get you through the Nightfall

Posting again but I have the Oracle CP on hard. Need to get my 27 Hunter through that, the Templar and the first gorgon chest. Can switch to 30 Warlock after for GK and Atheon. Anyone down for it? on PS4.

Varvor

1. holy shit at the posting rate since last night aahahaha.
2. there's going to be so much Thorn vs. Last Word in the Crucible this week and I will LOVE IT
As a TLW user i believe that pvp wise TLW will win out but, thorn requers a lot of skill to use. I tip my hat every time to thouse that best me in Thorn Vs TLW fight.

TLW has this specific style to it which requers to use a gun in specific way to get advantage which does not translate well in comperison to Thorn.

Thorn is this super clumbersom gun with amazing payload, you need to time your shots for ammo and reload are limited, furthermore aiming is also bulky.

Like i said, Thorn requers more raw skill where TLW needs twitch skill with knowledge of guns mechanics to be taken advantage.

As result, many folks who dont master TLW mechanics (or worse yet, take it to pve) will forsaken that gun in favour of SR or some other auto/shoty combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom