• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booties

Banned
Got all the normal mode raid gear last night for my hunter. So glad I don't have to play anymore. On the road to 30 and to more sleep.

TsuWave

Xur is fuckin dumb.

It's like welfare exotics. They are pretty cheap and so everyone will have them. I don't even have TLW but now it loses some of its appeal.

Hope bungie nerfs or removes Xur next expansion and fixes the way you get exotic loot. It should be a reward for doing something amazing. And some exotics should be purely RNG to simulate the rareness.

i have said this a few times. i think xur selling exotic weapons is a terrible design choice because it makes finding one less rewarding, it definitely takes from the wow factor, when you can play the game minimally and have enough coins for when he shows up. It's like, i've put all this work and time and finally got that one exotic i wanted and then a week later xur pops up and he's selling it and now everyone has it. Not to mention the borefest that pvp becomes when everyone is in there with the same shit.

Some people may not like to admit it but great part of the appeal of destiny is having gear/weapons others don't. IMO, the game sells itself on that with the "become legend" tagline, and i think everyone looking the same (light level system has all level 30's looking the same, and not, shaders do not count) and having the same gear/weapons takes from that.

with that said, i do understand that not everybody has the same amount of time to invest on a game, so much like the criticisms i offered i also previously mentioned one possible solution that may help those without time or RNG luck. A selection of exotic weapons (maybe with different perks than the ones you get randomly or for completion of tasks) that is available through xur, ideally, these would be different weapons, but the game just doesn't have enough content for this, maybe the extensions would help if they added like x amount of new exotic weapons.

I want the cloning process to be perfect. I don't want to have an evil me running around wrecking shit. There can only be one evil me annoying you and that's me! :p

-----------------------

You'll get your Hawkmoon, fig. You'll get it just like I got mah Last Word. Well, not exactly like how I got the Last Word. But you will get one.

It'll be an abomination bred for unthinkable evil. :p

I doubt I'll get it before the DLC hits....

Wait...

Xur has never sold:
-Hard Light
-Universal Remote
-MIDA Multi-tool

Pretty much universally considered the weakest items he can offer.

Is Universal Remote considered weak? I just got it a couple days ago and haven't leveled it up yet, but the perks make it sounds pretty badass. And it seems to make the top exotic weapons ranking lists, although all of those seem to have been written in early October.

If you're on for clinic hours tonight I'd be happy to get you through the Nightfall

I might be. I'll ping you once my wife finishes watching Grey's anatomy and I can get the TV. I may also need to run a Tiger Strike first for some mats to push me to 26. I have FB, P&T and an Arc Machine Gun.

realcZk

I got big plans for tonight. I'm going to level up to 26 or so and have a buddy carry my weak warlock ass through the nightfall. It's going to give me a Gjallarhorn. I'm going to do tiger strikes with my Gjallarhorn until I find a legendary helm. Then I'll level the helm and get to level 29. Then I'll do the hard raid with my weak ass warlock and get all the raid gear to hit 30 in one run, as well as a Hawkmoon.

I got big plans for tonight. I'm going to level up to 26 or so and have a buddy carry my weak warlock ass through the nightfall. It's going to give me a Gjallarhorn. I'm going to do tiger strikes with my Gjallarhorn until I find a legendary helm. Then I'll level the helm and get to level 29. Then I'll do the hard raid with my weak ass warlock and get all the raid gear to hit 30 in one run, as well as a Hawkmoon.

Will read tomorrow when you post about running out of Hadronic Essence before even getting to 26. I'm so desperate, I'm thinking about sharding this Heart of something Fire yellow chest piece to get more Hadronic.

gdt

I'm looking to do a hard raid for the first time today. Lvl 29 hunter with maxed VoC, Corrective Measure. Plenty of experience with the normal raid.

Shito

Some people may not like to admit it but great part of the appeal of destiny is having gear/weapons others don't.
I don't agree with this at all.
It would if Destiny were a real MMO, with hundreds of people in town and in the fields around them, and a whole world to live into.
But as is, the "I have something you don't have" is limited to the tower, where I only see like a dozen other people at once, not caring one bit about what gear they are rocking or not.

Deku Tree

Hardmode Raid tonight 9pm EST on PS4

Hello! I am looking to set up another hard raid tonight on PS4. Yesterday I tried to set up a static group but a few people in it weren't online or didn't respond to invites... Priority will go to level 30's but one or maybe two level 29's are possibly OK too. (We got it done with one 29 in about 1.5 hours last night, and I'm looking for a similar type of clear hopefully.) Bring ammo packs and 300 attack weapons.

I will otherwise put people on the list based upon when they responded to this message. If you want to join please quote this message (or send me a PM) and tell me if I'm on your friends list or not (I'm PS4 DekuBleep) and what level you are (29 or 30). If I'm not on your FL then please add me and quote say "DGAF hard raid group" or something like that.

Invites will go out at around 8:55pm EST and we will start looking for ALTS at 9:05pm EST if needed. I will check the topic a few times through the day and provide an updated list of people who responded. It is OK if more than 6 people respond to this message, a lot of times we get no shows and we end up inviting all of the alts and still possibly looking for another to join after that just like last night...

E92 M3

i have said this a few times. i think xur selling exotic weapons is a terrible design choice because it makes finding one less rewarding, it definitely takes from the wow factor, when you can play the game minimally and have enough coins for when he shows up. It's like, i've put all this work and time and finally got that one exotic i wanted and then a week later xur pops up and he's selling it and now everyone has it. Not to mention the borefest that pvp becomes when everyone is in there with the same shit.

Some people may not like to admit it but great part of the appeal of destiny is having gear/weapons others don't. IMO, the game sells itself on that with the "become legend" tagline, and i think everyone looking the same (light level system has all level 30's looking the same, and not, shaders do not count) and having the same gear/weapons takes from that.

with that said, i do understand that not everybody has the same amount of time to invest on a game, so much like the criticisms i offered i also previously mentioned one possible solution that may help those without time or RNG luck. A selection of exotic weapons (maybe with different perks than the ones you get randomly or for completion of tasks) that is available through xur, ideally, these would be different weapons, but the game just doesn't have enough content for this, maybe the extensions would help if they added like x amount of new exotic weapons.

Yes, I'd rather have RNG and crave weapons I'm not getting lucky with. At this point though, I don't care anymore. Some of the best weapons can't be purchased. I made a thread on Bungie.net about Bungie possibly releasing purchase data statistics but no one responded because it wasn't ranting, bitching or complaining.

you just crushed my hopes and dreams! now im nervous! i have no idea how much hadronic essence i have in my vault, probably not even 200.

shiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!

200 would be a pretty good start. I only have 12 hours on my warlock and most of it was at a low level where you don't get essence for sharding. I think I went from 14 to 25 in about 4 hours. I did a couple of minor upgrades and only have 14 pieces of Hadronic.

zewone

I don't agree with this at all.
It would if Destiny were a real MMO, with hundreds of people in town and in the fields around them, and a whole world to live into.
But as is, the "I have something you don't have" is limited to the tower, where I only see like a dozen other people at once, not caring one bit about what gear they are rocking or not.

You show off in PVP, not the Tower.

Sullichin

Xur is fuckin dumb.

It's like welfare exotics. They are pretty cheap and so everyone will have them. I don't even have TLW but now it loses some of its appeal.

Hope bungie nerfs or removes Xur next expansion and fixes the way you get exotic loot. It should be a reward for doing something amazing. And some exotics should be purely RNG to simulate the rareness.

Can't disagree more, Xur is necessary and a great part of the game. I've wanted TLW forever and was very happy to finally be able to buy it. It shouldn't upset you that other people are using a gun you like.

Of course I wish the reward system was more consistent and, well, rewarding. Doing Nightfall or the Raid for just shards or energy is a bummer.

Shito

You anti-Xûr people are crazy. ^^
Without him, I'd still be a lvl 26 hunter, with no exotic armor and some crappy exotic secondary weapons. I would have been forced to switch over to a titan because of the RNG, the class I least want to play. All of that after countless hours of play, while my girlfriend would have been a lvl 29 titan with arma, ice breaker, hawkmoon and patience and time, because she's been that lucky.
I would have quit the game a long time ago.

Also, it's funny hearing people wanting to get rid of Xûr, while others are desperately asking for a raid currency and vendor... :)

You show off in PVP, not the Tower.
I don't play PVP.

ocean

Banned
don't know if it's commoe knowledge and I'm just late to the site but destinystatus.com shows the exact number of XP needed to upgrade your equipped weapons or level up. It also shows your rep with every single faction as well as how much XP until the next level. A lot faster than guesstimating bubbles and viewing each vendor individually.

Mouth so potty!!

You think that's bad?

tumblr_inline_nc4hvsLkRW1sgy3ln.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
As result, many folks who dont master TLW mechanics (or worse yet, take it to pve) will forsaken that gun in favour of SR or some other auto/shoty combo.
Yeah, that's accurate.
TLW surge in PVP will be temporary like with Suros. It'll go back to normal in a few days. I've rarely seen Suros now. The most recent I saw it last night was in Skirmish.
During a handful of Rumble matches and 5 Clash matches last night, I saw people tearing shit up with a Galahad-E, Invective, Silvered Hushwind, The Last Word, Hawkmoon, New Monarchy's shotgun (can't remember the name), Praedyth's Revenge (god I hate snipers), and a variety of fusion rifles. Suros Regime users kept coming in at the bottom! Just anecdote, though, it's a phenomenal rifle regardless, and in the right hands it will be as deadly as ever (well, since the nerf). Honestly, it's kinda cool how many choices there are.

Won a couple Rumble matches with Thorn, which feels so damn good. and so damn evil. This is with an extremely basic build too, not even swapping to Gunslinger, just one piece of Hand Cannon reload armor. I was at or juuust barely above 1.0k/d in these matches though, it'll be awesome to see how I can do with a real build with it. I need to die less in general :(

Swapped back to Hawkmoon for a couple clash matches tho
it's my gun i love it so much zomg.
i have said this a few times. i think xur selling exotic weapons is a terrible design choice because it makes finding one less rewarding, it definitely takes from the wow factor, when you can play the game minimally and have enough coins for when he shows up. It's like, i've put all this work and time and finally got that one exotic i wanted and then a week later xur pops up and he's selling it and now everyone has it.
Bleh. All this work and time? How did you get your gun? What about the people who go 0-15 and get Thunderlord in the Crucible? They deserve it more than someone who earned the coins to actually buy it, in your eyes? Furthermore every time I see this complaint it reminds me how starkly inconsiderate we can be in ignoring the majority of the playerbase. Not even everyone in this thread can afford everything they want from Xur every week. Pop quiz: is the average player more likely or less likely to have the coins than us?
Not to mention the borefest that pvp becomes when everyone is in there with the same shit.
This isn't even possible. You have to pick an exotic, by design, and I see a pretty big variety of guns in the Crucible.

If you mean the temporary spike in use of a weapon after sale, that's just easy kills to mop up for me XD And of course, temporary.
Some people may not like to admit it but great part of the appeal of destiny is having gear/weapons others don't.
*shrug* Raid gear (and soon Iron Banner gear) is the only path to 30, Raid weapons can only be obtained in the raid, some only on hard including the Mythoclast. There are plenty of weapons left out there that people have that I don't, and I want them.

But that's barely any of the appeal. Having certain items in particular isn't even a requirement for the Platinum trophy in this game.
with that said, i do understand that not everybody has the same amount of time to invest on a game, so much like the criticisms i offered i also mentoned one possible solution that may help those without time or RNG luck. A selection of exotic weapons (maybe with different perks than the ones you get randomly or for completion of tasks) that is available through xur, ideally, these would be different weapons, but the game just doesn't have enough content.
But... besides your different perks thing this is exactly what we have right now. What. All of the Exotic Bounty weapons, Hawkmoon, Monte Carlo, and the Mythoclast can't be obtained from Xur.

I get not liking Xur because you want to be the only one to have [insert gun he can sell here]. But Destiny is just not like that.
Is Universal Remote considered weak? I just got it a couple days ago and haven't leveled it up yet, but the perks make it sounds pretty badass. And it seems to make the top exotic weapons ranking lists, although all of those seem to have been written in early October.
Not by me. I don't have it yet but I want it, I have a build in mind. I've heard lots of complaints though; I think it's misunderstood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom