• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

That's probably why you don't understand why people don't like Xur.

It doesn't affect you, but having to deal with so many SUROS and now TLW, plain sucks.
So the solution is to get rid of him? And alienate the PVE players while doing so? ^^
There's a common ground that could be found, if Bungie was not so keen on keeping the PVE and PVP so entwined...

69 hadronic essence.

gg

For reference, I think each legendary piece has two Hadronic bubbles that require 25 each. Could be the same for exotics, since I think I figured that I'd need 200 total. If everything went perfectly. With being a bit short on gear, I invested some into a blue chest piece with +15 light, and I accidentally spent some on a blue before that, not realizing upgrading it wouldn't give me light since it was a pre level 20 blue.

How do people get five hard Atheon drops? Is it about your grimore score? Or just random. I only ever get three hard Atheon drops without doing normal?

I'm not certain of this, but I think you always have a chance at 5 drops, it's just that each of them are individual.

Basically, pay attention to how many shards/energy you are getting. Every 2 is another drop.

You could get 8 shards and a sparrow and that is "5 drops".

Note: I could totally be full of shit at this.

Tawpgun

I think the way some exotics are set up is perfect right now without Xur.

You have the exotic bounties, which also need to be made harder and not just do a million strikes or get so and so nightfall kills with fusion.

Things like the thorn bounty are the right direction. You come across someone with this sweet handcannon and you ask how they got it. They tell you how they got this exotic quest that culminated in trying to kill a boss wizard in a tough strike. That's a good story.

The mythoclasts is good too. I beat atheon on hard mode.

I know RNG can be a bitch but getting one to drop makes you feel like winning the lottery and you feel like you have a gun that makes you special and unique.

Having exotics in the nightfall loot table is great too. It's a nice (potential) reward for something challenging.

One cool idea I had is to perhaps tie exotics to certain random rare public events that happen on different planets in diff locations.

Think of them like a unique or sort of harder version of a public event. Ideally it would be something unique, not just more harder extraction crews/ longer vex sacrifices etc.

If you come across this event and are able to conquer it you are guaranteed an exotic tied to tbe event

Shito

I think the way some exotics are set up is perfect right now without Xur.
People are already angry against the game's RNG (rightfully so in my opinion), and you want to make it even *more* random?
Tsk.

Having Xur sell some exotics but not all of them is actually the perfect setup.

Rubenov

List of the guns I want, in priority order:

1. Vision of Confluence
2. Hawkmoon
3. Fatebringer
4. Gjallarhorn
5. Hezen vengeance

2 level 30 characters for weeks not enough to get these... rolling out a 2nd alt.

zewone

So the solution is to get rid of him? And alienate the PVE players while doing so? ^^
There's a common ground that could be found, if Bungie was not so keen on keeping the PVE and PVP so entwined...

Even strictly looking at Xur from a PVE stance, he decreases the length of the game.

You now have less reasons to log in and play to get a shot at certain exotics if they are just handed to you every weekend. Why do strikes or go for Exotic chests in the raid when you can just wait to buy what you want?

The only way I think he would be okay is if he sold en exotic engram and only one exotic engram. And the engram has a chance of turning into any exotic in the game.

Even then, I'm not crazy about the idea of guaranteed exotics.

Sullichin

It doesn't affect you, but having to deal with so many SUROS and now TLW, plain sucks.
Nah, no it doesn't.

Suros still needs a nerf - it's just the easiest weapon to use. TLW is beastly but I wouldn't be surprised if many people don't stick with it. Nevertheless, it feels balanced against the other great HCs; you can be outshot at mid-long range if you use it as a "normal" handcannon.

I'm currently giving the edge to Thorn in PVP still when it comes to best handcannons. Hawk and TLW are newer to me, and they all feel different from each other and are all very good, but when I use the others I really miss that DOT.

Actually having a lot of fun going against other TLW users. Rumble is awesome when you have a rival that's using the same or similar weapons.

Even if it did bother me it would hardly be a reason for me to hate Xur. I wanted this weapon forever, I saved up coins and waited, and now I have it. I also wouldn't have had Icebreaker without Xur. I bought that when I was feeling pretty shitty about the game around level 23-24 and it made PVE a novelty again.

Also, all of my friends who play are almost always consistently short on coins when Xur rolls around with something good. There's definitely a lot of people waiting for Suros to come around again.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

this reeks of madness.

are you saying those two guns are OP in PvP? if so, it's better for the game if just a few people have them?

if you aren't saying they're OP in PvP, why does having to "deal with so many" suck?

spyder_ur

don't know if it's commoe knowledge and I'm just late to the site but destinystatus.com shows the exact number of XP needed to upgrade your equipped weapons or level up. It also shows your rep with every single faction as well as how much XP until the next level. A lot faster than guesstimating bubbles and viewing each vendor individually.

That's really helpful, thanks. Used DestinyTracker before but it's been buggy lately and this has more detail.

It's funny how many sites like this (Destiny Tracker, LFG, Public Events finder) etc. are filling in some of the holes of what should have been (IMO) Bungie's responsibility to put in the game or the app.

Tawpgun

People are already angry against the game's RNG (rightfully so in my opinion), and you want to make it even *more* random?
Tsk.

I think It diminishes the exoticness of them.

zewone

The only exotics he doesn't sell are Mythoclast and the two PS exclusive exotics. He also doesn't sell the bounty exotics, but a majority of those stink anyways.

Pickman

Bleh. All this work and time? How did you get your gun? What about the people who go 0-15 and get Thunderlord in the Crucible? They deserve it more than someone who earned the coins to actually buy it, in your eyes? Furthermore every time I see this complaint it reminds me how starkly inconsiderate we can be in ignoring the majority of the playerbase. Not even everyone in this thread can afford everything they want from Xur every week. Pop quiz: is the average player more likely or less likely to have the coins than us?

I can say that I did my first raid last night and I still don't have tier 2 of Crucible unlocked, and I already feel like I play this game way too much. I'm lucky if I can buy something from Xur every 2 weeks.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
So far TLW isn't my cup of tea. I need to get the 2nd hipfire upgrade before really deciding, but so far hawkmoon is better for me.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
People are impossible to please. First, Bungie are assholes for never selling desirable weapons through Xur, or always selling the same shit.

Then, Xur finally sells a weapon everyone wants and now owners of The Last Word from before Xur are pissed.

Seriously, come on guys.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Even strictly looking at Xur from a PVE stance, he decreases the length of the game.

You now have less reasons to log in and play to get a shot at certain exotics if they are just handed to you every weekend. Why do strikes or go for Exotic chests in the raid when you can just wait to buy what you want?
And thus, the explanation for why everyone on GAF has stopped playing and the first Destiny OT died its untimely death.

The only way I think he would be okay is if he sold en exotic engram and only one exotic engram. And the engram has a chance of turning into any exotic in the game.

Even then, I'm not crazy about the idea of guaranteed exotics.
"More randomness please Bungie!"
The only exotics he doesn't sell are Mythoclast and the two PS exclusive exotics. He also doesn't sell the bounty exotics, but a majority of those stink anyways.
There are five.

Thorn, Pocket Infinity, and Invective are among the best weapons in the game. That's more than half. whoops.
Tsk.

ka-thunk. Simple as that.
Hawk, stop playing Rumble. We should party up.
But I love rumble! :(

But okay I love Skirmish with a team even more :D I'll post in here asking for Crucible groups more.

rNilla

People are impossible to please. First, Bungie are assholes for never selling desirable weapons through Xur, or always selling the same shit.

Then, Xur finally sells a weapon everyone wants and now owners of The Last Word from before Xur are pissed.

Seriously, come on guys.

Can't we all just Gjallarhorn?

Mindlog

Are the special sparrows going to be rare or legendary?
Have to know whether or not to buy some spare drive upgrades.

Few things in crucible are more amusing than killing a Sunsinger immediately after the resurrect.

zewone

Nah, no it doesn't.

Suros still needs a nerf - it's just the easiest weapon to use. TLW is beastly but I wouldn't be surprised if many people don't stick with it. Nevertheless, it feels balanced against the other great HCs; you can be outshot at mid-long range if you use it as a "normal" handcannon.
I'm talking SUROS pre-patch. Even now, it's still pretty good and easy to use. TLW beats all other guns in the game. Hawkmoon can get a lucky two shot, that's about it.
this reeks of madness.

are you saying those two guns are OP in PvP? if so, it's better for the game if just a few people have them?

if you aren't saying they're OP in PvP, why does having to "deal with so many" suck?
SUROS pre-patch was probably top 3 guns in the game for PVP, and it's still good. TLW is without a doubt the best gun in PVP. It sucks because there will be less variety. Why would you use any gun but the best? Also, people obviously want an advantage over their opponent, otherwise people would not have bitched about Iron Banner.

don't know if it's commoe knowledge and I'm just late to the site but destinystatus.com shows the exact number of XP needed to upgrade your equipped weapons or level up. It also shows your rep with every single faction as well as how much XP until the next level. A lot faster than guesstimating bubbles and viewing each vendor individually.

Holy shitballs, I was just trying to figure out how close I was to a mote via the web page this morning. I couldn't figure it out, and BLAM! Right there with this website. All three at a time. Awesome!

http://destinystatus.com/psn/PrivateWHudson

LiK

I noticed alts share Glimmer but they don't for ranks etc. kinda annoying having to rank up again in those various factions for emblems/gear.

Seriously, come on guys.
The thing about Xur selling TLW is that it means he's not selling Gjallarhorn

TsuWave

Bleh. All this work and time? How did you get your gun? What about the people who go 0-15 and get Thunderlord in the Crucible? They deserve it more than someone who earned the coins to actually buy it, in your eyes?

the guy i quoted had already mentioned the reward system needs tweaking so i didn't feel the need to address that.

Furthermore every time I see this complaint it reminds me how starkly inconsiderate we can be in ignoring the majority of the playerbase. Not even everyone in this thread can afford everything they want from Xur every week. Pop quiz: is the average player more likely or less likely to have the coins than us?

it would be silly to be able to afford everything you want from xur anyway, but let's not act like 17 coins for an exotic weapon takes a crazy amount of grinding. two characters, do the weekly heroic once on each, put coins in the vault, pick it up with the other character, and you're pretty much set for the exotic weapon and it takes like a hour weekly to do this

zewone

And thus, the explanation for why everyone on GAF has stopped playing and the first Destiny OT died its untimely death.

"More randomness please Bungie!"

There are five.

Thorn, Pocket Infinity, and Invective are among the best weapons in the game. That's more than half. whoops.

I don't mind randomness in a loot game. It's one of the reasons I like to play them.

Pocket Infinity stinks now, no mater how much you try to convince people it's still amazing post patch. Invective is awesome, but not worth using an exotic slot. Thorn is pretty fun in PVP, crappy in PVE.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm talking SUROS pre-patch. Even now, it's still pretty good and easy to use. TLW beats all other guns in the game. Hawkmoon can get a lucky two shot, that's about it.

SUROS pre-patch was probably top 3 guns in the game for PVP, and it's still good. TLW is without a doubt the best gun in PVP. It sucks because there will be less variety. Why would you use any gun but the best? Also, people obviously want an advantage over their opponent, otherwise people would not have bitched about Iron Banner.
Welp. I won't be maining TLW and it isn't the best under all circumstances. Why? I really love other guns? By the way Pocket Infinity shuts down both the Regime and TLW pretty easily. There are counters for everything. Last Word also requires a degree of skill to use in comparison to SUROS Regime so if everyone just throws it on and expects to win in the Crucible I'm going to be having a VERY good week.
Pocket Infinity stinks now
Haha alright, I see.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Can't we all just Gjallarhorn?

Lol. I have that beastly weapon, and if Xur sells it, is it going to be a little less special to own one? Yeah, but I'd rather people enjoy an awesome gun than be slaves to RNGesus forever.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Lol. I have that beastly weapon, and if Xur sells it, is it going to be a little less special to own one? Yeah, but I'd rather people enjoy an awesome gun than be slaves to RNGesus forever.

He already sold it, but it was the 2nd week, I believe. So it was before most people knew the extent of its awesomeness.

breakfuss

TLW has a bee's dick of range, just smack them from afar with pretty much anything and they will die!

(ಠ_ಠ) No idea what that means.

Ehh, I'm going to buy TLW simply because I can afford to, but it won't see much use. Hand cannons aren't my thing. I know they're cool, though. I've witnessed someone completely wrecking nightfall with Fatebringer.

DjRalford

Are the special sparrows going to be rare or legendary?
Have to know whether or not to buy some spare drive upgrades.

Few things in crucible are more amusing than killing a Sunsinger immediately after the resurrect.

Yeah, In a clash game the other day I took a few people out with Gjallarhorn, one of them resurrected and immediately died again to Gjallarhorns 2nd rocket, easiest multi kill ever.

Strider

He already sold it, but it was the 2nd week, I believe. So it was before most people knew the extent of its awesomeness.

It was also before many people had enough strange coins too. As for me I bought exotic gear the Monday before the first reset. Couldn't get enough strange coins the 2nd week to buy it :(

Shito

Allow me to quote myself:

Without him, I'd still be a lvl 26 hunter, with no exotic armor and some crappy exotic secondary weapons. I would have been forced to switch over to a titan because of the RNG, the class I least want to play. All of that after countless hours of play, while my girlfriend would have been a lvl 29 titan with arma, ice breaker, hawkmoon and patience and time, because she's been that lucky.
I would have quit the game a long time ago.
In my personnal experience, no Xûr would actually have shortened the game. :)

Daemul

Fuck my life, I just got my third G-Horn in the nightfall. So pointless, I wanted a damn Thunderlord. Why is that Machine gun so damn hard to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom