• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

Also it seems IB gear is just regular Legendary gear with the ability to hit 30 Light. I'll still want a complete raid gear set because for example raid boots give Heavy Ammo whereas the IB boots are just auto or scout right ammo for example.

Still, getting to 30 is infinitely more important.

Thank you IB.

yeah but DLC raid right around the corner. If you buying dlc, you will get to L30 easy with just one raid piece surely if you're already L29.

Yep, both sides are using their best weapons and it's mainly Suros, TLW, Mythoclast and maybe some other wide variety of weapons I didn't recognize. But with a good team, it's not an issue and if you're higher level than some dudes, you can survive. No normalization crap.

Disappointed I haven't seen any low level 20 guys. I've only seen 26+. Hope they show up tonight. I wanna crush them!

I played maybe 10 matches this morning, and the lowest rank player i saw was a 28, maybe a few 30s, and almost everyone 29... the thirst for those gauntlets is very real lol.

LiK

A couple questions:

1) Should I use ascendent materials to upgrade my vendor bought legendary armor past the second defense upgrade?

2) At level 25 should I even bother with Iron Banner? I don't have any legendary or exotic weapons at this point.

You can try IB and see how you do. It's not totally bad for people at your level. Even if you're not killing as much, you can help capture points and let the higher level guys do the dirty work.

Definitely a difference this time around, second game 2.4kd and stomped the other team. Medallion idea makes this so much better, no one quit from the other team too. Going to play some Dragon Age, then jumping back on this tonight.

Also I didn't notice any camping that's out of the ordinary, but I've only played 2 matches so far.

I'll roll with you tonight.

rNilla

What? Easiest nightfall and weekly ever.

Devil walker dead in under one minute.
Sepkis prime dead in 90 secs.

Yup, except everything kills me instantly. I think I'm just impatient this morning. Didn't have much trouble with this Strike last time it was Nightfall.

Of course every single IB Titan gear has Intelligence on it...amazing variety there, Bungie. So using my 110 intellect raid helmet, 120 intellect Alpha Lupi chest piece along with the IB gauntlets and Legs is going to probably bring my intellect in the mid 300's. -_-

LiK

Of course every single IB Titan gear has Intelligence on it...amazing variety there, Bungie. So using my 110 intellect raid helmet, 120 intellect Alpha Lupi chest piece along with the IB gauntlets and Legs is going to probably bring my intellect in the mid 300's. -_-

Now you're super smart!

For those who don't go on Reddit, take warning.

DO NOT BUY THE IRON BANNER BUFF TODAY!!!! It instantly activates. It is not a consumable, you know, like every other fucking thing in this game. No warning, just instantly turns on. It is unknown if we only get to buy one this entire week, or maybe one a day. Either way, lots of people bought it this morning, then went to work, and their possibly one time 12 hour buff just ticked away. The buff also gets stronger as the week progresses. So, sometime on the weekend is a good time to use it if we only get one.

I'm pretty sure it's just once. I think it's supposed to be more effective the longer in the week you wait to activate it. I'm planning on popping it friday night and grinding.

You can try IB and see how you do. It's not totally bad for people at your level. Even if you're not killing as much, you can help capture points and let the higher level guys do the dirty work.

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try then and see how it goes.

Mupod

I'm pretty sure it's just once. I think it's supposed to be more effective the longer in the week you wait to activate it. I'm planning on popping it friday night and grinding.

I can play 12 hours straight on Sunday if I want, so that's what I'm doing.

Really hoping to get the nightfall and maybe even the normal raid done tonight. Once again I'll be relying on the generosity of GAF for help, but I'll be somewhat less useless this week. Plus I have Fireborn now!

Pretty good hard raid. Got Corrective Measure, Atheons Epilogue and finally the goddamn Vex Mythoclast all of which I was missing.

Time to delete this alt and make a Titan.

noomi

- head to tower
- random invite
- come help with nightfall
- ok
- 3 of us get all the way to the end
- 2 guys die
- leader says let me leave and come back so I can respawn
- takes us all out to orbit

fuck you man, just.. fuck you.

Trakan

- head to tower
- random invite
- ok
- 2 guys die

You have a timer that pops up and tells you it's happening for like ten seconds. Why didn't you tell him to stop?

I'm tempted to keep re-rolling my second Lash. So much fun. The gunsmith should do this. Great mote sink.

A reason to use the gunsmith? That's not Bungie logic you're thinking with.

LiK

- head to tower
- random invite
- ok
- 2 guys die

*delete from friends list* amirite?

Deku Tree

- head to tower
- random invite
- ok
- 2 guys die

You didn't shout "stop! stop!" during the ten second countdown to going to orbit on your screen?

*delete from friends list* amirite?

Wasn't it a random tower invite?

Midas

Oh, I thought he meant random invite from friend. I ignore all tower invites.

Seems like a good idea. I did however not do that in the beginning, and met some great players who I still raid with on a weekly basis. It's not all bad...

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Got the gloves for my alt. So my Hunter and Warlock are at level 30 now. Just need to get Titan to level 30 and I'm gonna do Iron Banner for that.

Pretty good hard raid. Got Corrective Measure, Atheons Epilogue and finally the goddamn Vex Mythoclast all of which I was missing.

Time to delete this alt and make a Titan.

Yeah was a good run! Pretty smooth too.

I get the timepiece and VoC.

Really wanted VoC so that's good but would've killed for the helmet or chest or the Vex.

NastyBook

Anybody looking to run the Nightfall?

PSN: GibbShift

ArcBurn two weeks in a row? Where the fuck is Solar? Would tear through this NF if that were the case.

Question about farming glimmer: Does the difficulty of the level you are attempting to farm increase glimmer amounts per kill when using Wax Idols/Ether Seeds/etc.? If so, is it the same amount of bonus across all of the "Hard" modifiers? Or does each tier of difficulty provide more Glimmer bonuses?

ocean

Banned
ArcBurn two weeks in a row? Where the fuck is Solar? Would tear through this NF if that were the case.

That's exactly the problem. Every burn, void burn, no burn, arc burn, arc burn. They know giving us solar is just a recipe for 4 minute speed runs. VoC + Ice Breaker or Gjallarhorn would just eat things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom