• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

excowboy

Well, after some test, public events seem totally random now, unless you want to stay at least 20 minutes in a same zone. 3 gold Bounty is no longer worth the wait.

Have you tried the Moon? Was doing the patrol bounty last night and had 3 Warsats (2 Archers Line, 1 Anchor of Light) within 20 mins.

Also, has anyone noticed that when doing a Warsat event its best not to kill all the enemies? Kill everything apart from a Dreg and then hide behind the Warsat - you won't get another wave of enemies until 30% - repeat 3 times, event done.

Have you tried the Moon? Was doing the patrol bounty last night and had 3 Warsats (2 Archers Line, 1 Anchor of Light) within 20 mins.

Also, has anyone noticed that when doing a Warsat event its best not to kill all the enemies? Kill everything apart from a Dreg and then hide behind the Warsat - you won't get another wave of enemies until 30% - repeat 3 times, event done.

Yeah I noticed this last night when my bro was running around leveling my hunter. He kept dying and then the adds would just run away until the next wave.

Still got 3 stars tho.

So things I like about the patch.

- preview of items.
- current/max stats from working on items shown.
- more bounty slots.

Things I don't like:

- Unintentional need to HC's.
- changes to nightfalls/weekly.

This is the first time I have pvp'd in destiny since about a month ago...

OP weapons and 1 hit kills everywhere, I forgot how much of a mess this was.

Use a handcannon/autorifle or go home

Deku Tree

Wait... Can I do the invective 25 k/d ratio in Iron Banner? Being level 30 will make me seem better than I usually am in PvP. Would be nice to finally get that one out of my bounty inventory.

excowboy

Yeah I noticed this last night when my bro was running around leveling my hunter. He kept dying and then the adds would just run away until the next wave.

Still got 3 stars tho.

It works everytime, until a random turns up and starts shooting everything! Obviously, they're not that tricky if you're high enough level but I was playing with my alt last night so it was the easy option.

Hyun Sai

Didn't try the moon, but the Earth run is definitely fucked up.

True, been doing that forever solo.

LiK

Wait... Can I do the invective 25 k/d ratio in Iron Banner? Being level 30 will make me seem better than I usually am in PvP. Would be nice to finally get that one out of my bounty inventory.

Sure

I'm trying to do Thorn with Corrective Measure kills and it's slow going. I'll see if I can get more tonight with Gaffers.

Deku Tree

Cool... I haven't really played PvP since I was doing the Thorn bounty a long while ago.

Edit:

Sure

I'm trying to do Thorn with Corrective Measure kills and it's slow going. I'll see if I can get more tonight with Gaffers.
Oh yeah. Good idea. Do you have a void 77 Wizard for before heavy ammo drops or is your Atheon's epilogue any good in PvP?

jett

D-Member
No PS3 gamers here that like Crucible/IB over PVE?

Everyone wants to do the Raid and the weekly shit, which I give l'm really fed up with.

Jito

Banned
This is the first time I have pvp'd in destiny since about a month ago...

OP weapons and 1 hit kills everywhere, I forgot how much of a mess this was.

Use a handcannon/autorifle or go home

First time I've played in a while as well.

Wrecking shit using a pulse rifle.

Git gud ;)

E92 M3

It just came to me why my special weapons are reloading slower...did the patch glitch the special reload on the raid gauntlets? Can anyone test that please?

LiK

Cool... I haven't really played PvP since I was doing the Thorn bounty a long while ago.

Edit:

Oh yeah. Good idea. Do you have a void 77 Wizard for before heavy ammo drops or is your Atheon's epilogue any good in PvP?

I have the 77 but I'm not a fan of FRs. Currently using Comedian shottie. AE seems too weak atm. I haven't fully upgraded it so I may not use it tonight. Gonna just try to rank up with my Suros.

X-Frame

Is it possible to hit Rank 4 with Iron Banner with 3 characters in the week or is that an outrageous goal?

Assuming I can play for around 3 hours a night and the weekends.

E92 M3

Yep, seems like the special reload increase is glitched and not applying anymore. Unfortunately, there is not enough noise being made for Bungie to notice =/

Jinjo

Is it possible to hit Rank 4 with Iron Banner with 3 characters in the week or is that an outrageous goal?

Assuming I can play for around 3 hours a night and the weekends.

Lol. From rank 2 to 3 already takes 2400 rep. With 3 hours each night? Not a chance. You get 66 rep on win and doing all 6 bounties give you about 750 rep. Those numbers are with the 33% bonus rep.

Jito

Banned
So the new shaders stock for the guardian outfitter actually just meant those two new shaders? Nothing new is going to come up on stock refresh seeing as it's the exact same today.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
all pvp, it's terrible, I just forgot how bad it was.

IB right now for me is everyone hanging back with sniper rifles especially the ice breaker because of ammo regen, and just popping shots, or if someone is running around they most likely have an AR in their hand.

funny, you left out the bane of my multiplayer existence, fusion rifles. i fucking hate fusion rifle players. MP would be VASTLY better if you didnt spawn with secondary ammo.

Ridwald

I tried to catch up on the thread since the patch and i don't think i've seen someone talk about the exotic bounties (neither does the patch notes ...) but it seems they have been modified.

A friend of mine had the bounty for Invective (a dubious task) at the PVP level in his list and they modified the requirements to complete this part : now the assists are considered as a kill for the 25 K/D ratio (it's even written in the bounty). I have it as well on my warlock and maybe i will be able to finish it ...

I also have the bounty for Thorn (A light in the dark) running at the PVP level but the text in the bounty seems to be the same as before. I'll have to try it in PVP and hope that assists do count as well :)

3 Hard Raids, 3 Nightfalls: <4 hours in real-time, probably <3.5 of actually playing

NF1: 3 Legendary weapons
NF2: 3 Legendary weapons
NF3: 10 Shards, 6 Strange Coins, 7 Strange Coins

Lots of fun though, w00t. Finally got a Praetorian Foil, so that counts as my "1 cool item" for the week.

Lol. They should just call IB, Campfest 2014. What an utter piece of shit mode this is. Woo hoo. One shot kills from 23's on me a 29. It is all sniper camps, auto rifles and fusion. Thanks for making hand cannons garbage before kicking off IB Bungie. Guess I should join the wankfest and fully level my Suros. Wooooooooooooo.

IB just makes the fuck awful PvP balancing that much worse.

Oh and to edit, fully leveled icebreaker still doesn't even one shot kill titans who are 6 levels below you. Awesome.

Shito

I tried to catch up on the thread since the patch and i don't think i've seen someone talk about the exotic bounties (neither does the patch notes ...) but it seems they have been modified.

A friend of mine had the bounty for Invective (a dubious task) at the PVP level in his list and they modified the requirements to complete this part : now the assists are considered as a kill for the 25 K/D ratio (it's even written in the bounty). I have it as well on my warlock and maybe i will be able to finish it ...

I also have the bounty for Thorn (A light in the dark) running at the PVP level but the text in the bounty seems to be the same as before. I'll have to try it in PVP and hope that assists do count as well :)
Nothing changed, apart from the description maybe: assists were always counted in this part of the Invective bounty. :)

I'm at work, can anyone tell me what the weekly/nightfall are and their modifiers?
Sepiks. Arc Burn for the weekly. Add angry and lightswitch to the nightfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom