• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladelaw

Is there any kind of skill based matchmaking in PVP? I feel like I'm in this bubble of either being godlike or sucking hard. Either that or my performance is strongly coorelated to which map we're on.

My wife is being awesome and playing Banner for me while at work. Between the two of us we should get enough rep to hit rank four by next tuesday.

Strider

It's chaotic fun. I love how everyone is just going full on nuts in there. Unleash the beast.

Not gonna lie though. Even though I'm 29 I can feel that I'm more powerful than these mid/lower 20 scrubs :p And it's rewarding beating the level 30s since I know they have a slight advantage over me.

Despite my frustrations with teammates (It even put a level 7 on my team once -___-) other than that it's pretty fun. We'll have to get a group together this week and dominate.

JoeTonic

Neo Member
It has nothing to do with him, congrats for him that is amazing. It is the fact that we have Level 29 players who have done the raid dozens of times who are still struggling to get to 30, the RNG system is fucked and that is a great example of how unfair it can be.

It feels like Bungie just buried their heads in the sand when it comes to worst-case scenarios in Destiny. There's so many parts of the game where extreme RNG can just fuck you over horribly. Even small things like needing shards, and getting energy from 5 daily missions in a row. It's so demoralising to have your progress taken entirely out of your control.

breakfuss

- head to tower
- random invite
- come help with nightfall
- ok
- 3 of us get all the way to the end
- 2 guys die
- leader says let me leave and come back so I can respawn
- takes us all out to orbit

fuck you man, just.. fuck you.

Lol. It's an easy mistake to make.

patchday

Finally finished my first raid.

Received:
Chest - Shattered Vault Cloak and Shards and Energy
Prime Zealot Greaves - Templar Reward
Prime Zealot Cuirass - Gatekeeper Reward
Vision of Confluence. - Atheon Reward
Chatterwhite - Atheon Reward.

Not bad for my first time.

me too on my Hunter. got 2 raid pieces: chest & boots

I thought I was blessed by RNG just like you. But little did I know RNG would spit on me from that point forward and only drop me fucking raid chest pieces for ALL my characters ever since in the raid. Be it Normal or Hard.

And to top it all off- I have yet to defeat HM Atheon even tho I'm assmaxed L29 (max VoC, max Gallahorn, max pradeth sniper, max max max max it doesnt matter)

I am seriously bitter and full of rage

Zakalwe

Banned
The Last Word feels wildly inaccurate passed close range. Feels like shots that look on target miss a lot of the time. Maybe it has less aim assist than other hand cannons. For any map approaching mid range encounters I switch to Fatebringer/Hawkmoon and do a lot better.

It's very accurate from the hip at anything between close to mid. You just need to manage the recoil, it has really sticky auto aim but the recoil makes it difficult to manage in the heat of the moment.

WipedOut

It has nothing to do with him, congrats for him that is amazing. It is the fact that we have Level 29 players who have done the raid dozens of times who are still struggling to get to 30, the RNG system is fucked and that is a great example of how unfair it can be.

I've been level 28 for weeks, was at 29 but changed my gear which bumped me back down. I've been grinding away in strikes and other ways then going through the raid.

LiK

Not gonna lie though. Even though I'm 29 I can feel that I'm more powerful than these mid/lower 20 scrubs :p And it's rewarding beating the level 30s since I know they have a slight advantage over me.

Despite my frustrations with teammates (It even put a level 7 on my team once -___-) other than that it's pretty fun. We'll have to get a group together this week and dominate.

I'm on tonight. Feel free to join in if you see me open.

noomi

For the guys that I am raiding VoG HM today, I'll actually be home in about an hour, so we can get started early if everyone is online and good to go :) If not, 1PM is still fine as well, see you guys soon.

Where: VoG Hard Mode
When: Tuesday November 18th
Time: 1PM EST | 12PM CST | 10AM PST | 6PM GMT

1. noomi85 - hunter - level 30
2. a_javierp - titan - level 30
3. Rubenov25 - warlock - level 30
4. Kartik21 - hunter - level 30
5. Messiek - warlock - level 30
6. Noisepurge - hunter - level 29

Vault of Glass - Hard
PS4

8:30pm eastern

Currently looking for 2 more for the night.

1) Kor of Memory
2) aMadTeaParty_7
3) Ratsult2
4) JPBrowncoat
5)
6)

Usually on Tuesdays we run a normal raid, but we're trying for a hard mode run this time through. We don't care about level as much as we do weapon upgrades.

We will not being using the Spirit Bloom Cave for the Confluxes unless we absolutely have to.

We will not be pushing the Templar off the Edge unless we absolutely have to.

We generally like to raid in an optimistic manner, so please don't ask to join if you are going to assume the worst and ask that we use as much cheese as possible. Have some more faith in yourself and in us, and we'll all have a good time (feel free to ask anyone thats raided with me, we all like to laugh and joke around).

NastyBook

Jumpships should give you mats when you break them down. That way, Bungie'll immediately make the rate in which they drop these worthless pieces of shit lower. Karuna, Falling x10.

Deku Tree

The season pass, right? Because I bought The Dark Below and didn't have anything in the Postmaster this morning.

Oh I don't know. I bought the Digital Guardian edition anyway. You should be sure to check all three characters or at least your main. I think these things only get sent to one of your characters and it is usually sent to the first character that I created for me.

patchday

Lmfao, got the knucklehead radar from nightfall.

I'm a fucking Warlock

I could use that helm for my Hunter. Too bad this stupid game won't let us trade. Cause I got a vault full of legendary Warlock crap. An entire suit. But cant make a warlock right now. Got 2 titan 1 hunter (all L29).

For the guys that I am raiding VoG HM today, I'll actually be home in about an hour, so we can get started early if everyone is online and good to go :) If not, 1PM is still fine as well, see you guys soon.

Where: VoG Hard Mode
When: Tuesday November 18th
Time: 1PM EST | 12PM CST | 10AM PST | 6PM GMT

1. noomi85 - hunter - level 30
2. a_javierp - titan - level 30
3. Rubenov25 - warlock - level 30
4. Kartik21 - hunter - level 30
5. Messiek - warlock - level 30
6. Noisepurge - hunter - level 39

How many expansion packs is this? :p

ERMint13

So here's a dumb question...

Whenever I play crucible should I be changing my subclass to be the highest agility/recovery option available? Everybody has the same standard armor/health but agility and recovery still depend on what you've got set in your subclass menu, right?

I think IB would be different but for regular crucible I believe that is correct.

Does anyone know if level 29's with maxed weapons are doing OK in IB? I have my level 30 Titans but they need nothing. My Warlock needs gloves....

I've been level 28 for weeks, was at 29 but changed my gear which bumped me back down. I've been grinding away in strikes and other ways then going through the raid.

Hahaha, you don't have to defend yourself. I have a Level 30 Titan, 29 Warlock (just needs boots) and 29 Hunter (just needs boots) and have had runs just as good as yours.

Just giving empathy to those at 29 and haven't even gotten 1 piece of gear yet.

Just want those boots and the damn Vex and I will be done with the raid!

Sullichin

Oh fuck I only have to be rank 3 to buy the IB boots? I'm almost there from last time!

This almost makes up for maxing out Thorn for no reason!

Oh fuck I only have to be rank 3 to buy the IB boots? I'm almost there from last time!

This almost makes up for maxing out Thorn for no reason!

Nope, gauntlets are level 4 only.

I think IB would be different but for regular crucible I believe that is correct.

Does anyone know if level 29's with maxed weapons are doing OK in IB? I have my level 30 Titans but they need nothing. My Warlock needs gloves....
You will be fine, everyone is 29 anyway so...yeah.

Dave_6

Wow, Rumble does not like me. Three of the worst games I've ever had but then I usually just play team games. Guess I need to prepare for the worst in IB even though my Hunter is nearly a 29.

Anyone want to be the 6th on our IB team of Gaffers right now? Just had a dude drop out after our team was wrecking 3 straight rounds. Last round was 20k - 7k, haha. PS4

E92 M3

Yea I'm on PS4.

Bungie needs to have it like R* where we can transfer between consoles. That would be so great. I'd actually buy a PS4 right now to play with you guys. It'd be nice to have access to friends on both consoles under 1 account. I definitely don't want to restart my character though.

I'm not great at PVP, my K/D is 0.8, but it's been going up, add me. I'm XB1 and the majority of my friends never play crucible.

GT: Axoman909

I added you.

MADGAME

Can anyone confirm which exploit zone was patched out in Winter's run?

Was it under the under platform area, on the rock, or up the cliffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom