• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

rNilla

Someone on reddit did the math:

1. 2 wins needed to get to Rank 1. (1st class item gives 1.1 x 50 (55 Exp))
  2. 22 more wins to get to Rank 2. (2nd class item gives 1.1 x 1.1 x 50 (60 Exp))
  3. 40 more wins to get to Rank 3.
  4. 40 more wins to get to Rank 4. (3rd class item gives 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.1 x 50 (66 Exp))
  5. 36 more wins to get to Rank 5.

My Hunter needs the gauntlets and my Warlock just needs boots but no way am I grinding from 0 to 3 after grinding from 1 to 4.

X-Frame

B2vOBJJIAAA5TlL.jpg:large

:lol

Grrrr, haha. Turning it into ass energy or throwing it on an alt?

Im not liking you right now...from the two nightfalls this morning I get a legendary sniper (epitaph) and a second Ice breaker... Like I said it would give me shit I already had. I guess the second ice breaker is cool even though I dont really care for the ice breaker.

Well, I already have a Hawkmoon. That's probably why I got it.

This is interesting but with Nightfall and Bounties I'm guessing a realistic figure is maybe half these games.

Bounties and the Iron Banner Buff (Temper?) it will be faster. But you won't win all of them, medallions = about 90% of a win I think?

Also, Nightfall XP buff does not apply to Iron Banner.

Future

Solod the weekly. With the arc burn seemed fine even with added difficulty with fully upgraded weapons and level 29.

Am reaching the point though that I want to level my other armors and exotics.... But not sure how I can? Dequipping my exotic drops my light too far, and if I'm lower levels the strikes are too hard. Do they expect me to grind lower level shit to max those out???

I mean I know I can switch my armors just before turning in bounties, but man it's annoying that I feel like I am wasting xp grind when I play the missions themselves

Also, fuck light switch. Want to make a build around melee and change your style. Sorry we are going to make a mod that makes it so its way to risky to do that and instead make you stay far from everyone and use the same perks and guns that excel at that forever. Yeah

Man, I was unable to play the first IB and I'm regretting it since rank passed over this first time. 140 wins? That won't happen. I can play about 15 games a night at the most, wins or losses. That only equals 105 game total. That's pretty insane. Hopefully the bounties won't be too terrible.

Someone on reddit did the math:

1. 2 wins needed to get to Rank 1. (1st class item gives 1.1 x 50 (55 Exp))
  2. 22 more wins to get to Rank 2. (2nd class item gives 1.1 x 1.1 x 50 (60 Exp))
  3. 40 more wins to get to Rank 3.
  4. 40 more wins to get to Rank 4. (3rd class item gives 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.1 x 50 (66 Exp))
  5. 36 more wins to get to Rank 5.

Did some math with my average time per PvP game (7:03) and W/L (~1:1) and assuming IV doesn't deviate too far from my existing averages:

64W to level 3
104W to level 4
168W total

168W•2(W+L)•7.05m/60(m/h) = 39.48h total.

If I evenly distribute across 7 days, that's 5.64 hours/day. Lol probably not happening. Will prob sly just level up to arms for my titan and hope for warlock boots (watch the raid drop titan arms for me this week ;-;)

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Three Nightfalls with Lunlunqq (Thank you! ), got another Gjallahorn and some Coins. I really wish we could trade in this game, I'd give this Ballerhorn to one of you guys in a second. For free. No, really.

Sullichin

Kicking ass in IB with a measly 267/300 Hawkmoon.
I did notice my TDYK do slightly more damage at 300 this time though, but bonus damage rounds...
Also, maxed zombie apocalypse is ridiculous in IB. Yesss

Ghazi

Did some math with my average time per PvP game (7:03) and W/L (~1:1) and assuming IV doesn't deviate too far from my existing averages:

64W to level 3
104W to level 4
168W total

168W•2(W+L)•7.05m/60(m/h) = 39.48h total.

If I evenly distribute across 7 days, that's 5.64 hours/day. Lol probably not happening. Will prob sly just level up to arms for my titan and hope for warlock boots (watch the raid drop titan arms for me this week ;-;)
But that's without the later tempered buff, right. Wonder how much of a bonus it'll give on Saturday...

Can anyone confirm which exploit zone was patched out in Winter's run?

Was it under the under platform area, on the rock, or up the cliffs?

Cliffs are fine. I tried the Weekly Strike last night and had no problem with it (other than taking twice as long as NF due to lack of Arc burn).

Destiny: New Sparrow
Short vid of the Tumbler. Very fun and a nice little addition to the game.

Fucking hell that's slick. I always like boosting fast up cliffs/ramps and then airbraking to do a 360 but this looks dope as hell. PRE-ORDER REDEEMED.

The way I see it, there are 6 more days of 600 exp worth of daily IB bounties. Plus I think you get extra exp when you are handing in Bounties with the Nightfall buff on (correct me if I'm wrong on that one).

Currently need 6600 exp to get to level 5 for IB - 3600 exp from IB bounties = 3000 exp needed from winning IB games.

So I need about 50 wins over the next 6 days to get to level 5 (not counting the tempered buff, which could give about 15%+ extra exp for winning games).

Seems doable, but hopefully all of the IB bounties are the +100 rep ones like the ones they had for today

spyder_ur

So what's the cheap/easy spot for the Nightfall this week? Is one even needed? I could see the hardest part being that first room with the three waves when Dinklebot randomly decides "I'll work faster" as though that idea never occurred to him before.

Guys, I've been thinking of any idea regarding trading and I wanted to post it here before I put it on Bungie's forums.
Idea: The Giving Box
Put a box/chest near a highly populated area within the Tower(Bounty Tracker area seems good)
Allow players to put 1 item every hour(Just a scenario) into the Giving Box
Once per day/24 hours, a player can go to the Giving Box and get a random item from all the things within the box
Donating items would get you Box Rep(Placeholder name), and having high Box Rep would allow you to buy some exclusive cosmetic items from a separate Giving Box Vendor
This system would allow players to give away exotic/legendary stuff that they don't need, but does not let people "sell" items on Ebay/otherwise

lunlunqq

Three Nightfalls with Lunlunqq (Thank you! ), got another Gjallahorn and some Coins. I really wish we could trade in this game, I'd give this Ballerhorn to one of you guys in a second. For free. No, really.
Anytime, bro. That was fun. RNGesus wasn't happy with me today. I will try to raid tonight and what happens.

Lima

Oh so the ultra low framerate on Xbox One is a real problem and has to do with...party chat.

The more people in your party chat the worse the framerate gets. Like how the fuck is this happening?

Bungie Help posted about it on Twitter.

Shito

So what's the cheap/easy spot for the Nightfall this week? Is one even needed? I could see the hardest part being that first room with the three waves when Dinklebot randomly decides "I'll work faster" as though that idea never occurred to him before.
Right at the back of the room, in the little "tunnel". You can pretty much snipe everyone from here, apart from a few dregs/captains which you have to cautiously go after.

For the fallen walker, stay at the "room's" entrance, in the corner at your right when entering. Snipe from there, the walker won't shoot at you, and the adds won't care for you. Slowly dispose of them when the walker is dead.

For the boss, stay in the room to the left of the entrance. Adds won't enter and won't spawn here. Snipe the boss, being careful when it spawns in front of you.

matmanx1

Guys, I've been thinking of any idea regarding trading and I wanted to post it here before I put it on Bungie's forums.
Idea: The Giving Box
Put a box/chest near a highly populated area within the Tower(Bounty Tracker area seems good)
Allow players to put 1 item every hour(Just a scenario) into the Giving Box
Once per day/24 hours, a player can go to the Giving Box and get a random item from all the things within the box
Donating items would get you Box Rep(Placeholder name), and having high Box Rep would allow you to buy some exclusive cosmetic items from a separate Giving Box Vendor
This system would allow players to give away exotic/legendary stuff that they don't need, but does not let people "sell" items on Ebay/otherwise

Sounds like fun but you know people would just put random level 3 items in there just to mess with folks. I think you would have to have some kind of restrictions in place to stop the "giving box" from filling up with garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom