• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need the IB gloves to get my titan to 30... Also need the boots to get my warlock to 30... Do u guys think getting to level 3/4 on two characters is doable in a week?

Deku Tree

Can anyone confirm which exploit zone was patched out in Winter's run?

Was it under the under platform area, on the rock, or up the cliffs?

It's the platform. Boguester posted a video sometime earlier showing that you can still get under the platform but it looks much harder and you have to jump behind the whole platform and quickly go under it because a kill timer starts.

EDIT: beaten. Yeah this video:

It's very accurate from the hip at anything between close to mid. You just need to manage the recoil, it has really sticky auto aim but the recoil makes it difficult to manage in the heat of the moment.

It has the least recoil of any of the hcs I have but I dunno. Something feels off about its aim or sights, can't say what exactly. Close range it's a monster though.

I ended up doing today's IB bounties which were super easy. By the time I turned those in I was about 3/4 towards level 3 starting from 2. I reckon in another couple days I should hit 4 and get my gloves.

Playing as a 29, the amount of damage I'm doing to 30s is barely a scratch under what it normally is. Even with dudes a couple levels below me I get a bonus 1 to 2 damage per hit. It's not a big deal. I'd like to see what I'd do to someone under 25 but I didn't run across any on the opposing teams.

Need the IB gloves to get my titan to 30... Also need the boots to get my warlock to 30... Do u guys think getting to level 3/4 on two characters is doable in a week?

Someone on reddit did the math:

1. 2 wins needed to get to Rank 1. (1st class item gives 1.1 x 50 (55 Exp))
  2. 22 more wins to get to Rank 2. (2nd class item gives 1.1 x 1.1 x 50 (60 Exp))
  3. 40 more wins to get to Rank 3.
  4. 40 more wins to get to Rank 4. (3rd class item gives 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.1 x 50 (66 Exp))
  5. 36 more wins to get to Rank 5.

MADGAME

Under platform area. But someone still found a way under it.

Under the platform, confirmed. Not sure about the others, as the platform was the only one that I used.

Underneath the platform. The cheese spoiled, so Bungie put an invisible wall over it to protect us from the smell.

It's the platform. Boguester posted a video sometime earlier showing that you can still get under the platform but it looks much harder and you have to jump behind the whole platform and quickly go under it because a kill timer starts.

EDIT: beaten. Yeah this video:

Thanks guys. Still can be solo'd but much more dangerous now. Nightfall will be tricky.

EL CUCO

Thanks guys. Still can be solo'd but much more dangerous now. Nightfall will be tricky.

I personally never used that spot. I always thought it was a higher risk since there is little space to move around. Hanging around the entrance has always worked for me.

Has anyone done any research on what gametype yields the most likely chance to get Hawkmoon? Tiger strikes, crucible, nightfalls, etc.?

I'm so tired of seeing people with it in crucible to the point that if someone kills me and I see they're using it I make it my mission to go after only them in a jealous rage. The sad part is that I usually manhandle them with my Fixer. Those people aren't worthy to wield that beast of a HC.

Hoodbury

2. 22 more wins to get to Rank 2. (2nd class item gives 1.1 x 1.1 x 50 (60 Exp))
  4. 40 more wins to get to Rank 4. (3rd class item gives 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.1 x 50 (66 Exp))

Ugh, good to know. But also keep in mind those probably don't include bounties and now losses give points too when you get a win afterwards right?

darkwing

Has anyone done any research on what gametype yields the most likely chance to get Hawkmoon? Tiger strikes, crucible, nightfalls, etc.?

I'm so tired of seeing people with it in crucible to the point that if someone kills me and I see they're using it I make it my mission to go after only them in a jealous rage. The sad part is that I usually manhandle them with my Fixer. Those people aren't worthy to wield that beast of a HC.

I've run 615 strikes and no Hawkmoon :(

B2vOBJJIAAA5TlL.jpg:large

:lol

Strider

Bungie needs to have it like R* where we can transfer between consoles. That would be so great. I'd actually buy a PS4 right now to play with you guys. It'd be nice to have access to friends on both consoles under 1 account. I definitely don't want to restart my character though.

Yea that'd be dope. I'd probably buy the XB1 copy to play with friends over there. Plus I could show off my Monte Carlo and Hawkmoon lol :p

Jinjo

So to get to Rank 5 from my Rank 3, I need 76 wins?? -_-

That's excluding bounties and tempered buff, but yeah. Bungie is not gonna allow you to get to level 5 without giving up your job, what do you think lol. And here I was hoping Bungie would, you know, take people who don't have 12 hours a day to game into consideration.

I got mine from a Nightfall, some of my buds have one from the Crucible, some even from the Cryptarc decoding a legendary engram...there´s no "most likely chance" just RNG, pure luck.

Doesn't seem too bad if you play with Gaffers. but that's a lot of games lol

I wasn't considering the bounties as well, which accounts for at least half of the reputation (estimated). So cut the wins in half and I think it would be more realistic, assuming I do all of the bounties every day (which I will).

Ugh, good to know. But also keep in mind those probably don't include bounties and now losses give points too when you get a win afterwards right?

Yeah, the losses give rep so it doesn't seem as hard. I should play on one of my 28s, but I think I really just want the weapons so I'll go with my lvl 30 Hunter.

LiK

I wasn't considering the bounties as well, which accounts for at least half of the reputation (estimated). So cut the wins in half and I think it would be more realistic, assuming I do all of the bounties every day (which I will).

Yea, the bounties will help a lot.

Yeah I won't be wasting my time. I just need boots for my level 29 warlock and hunter. Would rather just test my luck doing the raid weekly until the dark below launches.

I'll take my level 30 Titan with maxed weapons into IB just for the fun of it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Bungie needs to have it like R* where we can transfer between consoles. That would be so great. I'd actually buy a PS4 right now to play with you guys. It'd be nice to have access to friends on both consoles under 1 account. I definitely don't want to restart my character though.
Damn I wish you could too!
Not taking the Tempered buff into account though. For most people who don't have time to play every day, using that toward the end of the week to squeeze as much in as possible will be crucial.

I most likely won't be playing any Destiny tonight, maybe very late, but for the rest of the week I'm gonna be looking for people to group up for Iron Banner quite a bit
Skirmish? Dang
Yeah no. I recognize nightfall rewards when I see them

ocean

Banned

This is interesting but with Nightfall and Bounties I'm guessing a realistic figure is maybe half these games.

LiK

The only reason I'm playing IB is to rank up and get the second shader. Don't mind getting the gear for variety but not my top priority at lvl 30 already.

Mupod

Yikes. I'm hoping the 12 hour buff gets significantly more potent by the end. And there's bounties too. My plan is to fill my whole inventory with completed bounties and turn them all in with the tempered buff, then play like a madman all Sunday.

Greenymac

Im not liking you right now...from the two nightfalls this morning I get a legendary sniper (epitaph) and a second Ice breaker... Like I said it would give me shit I already had. I guess the second ice breaker is cool even though I dont really care for the ice breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom