• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Future

Played 2 matches of iron banner. Only got progress on one bounty (total xp). Headshot sprees and all the skill based ones seem really difficult if you are an average player like me. Guess I will have to pull out the suros and get AR head shots

Also there should be some kind of boost for killing high level players in IB. Considering how much harder it is to do, should at least get xp gains each time you do it to make it worth the risk

Sounds like fun but you know people would just put random level 3 items in there just to mess with folks. I think you would have to have some kind of restrictions in place to stop the "giving box" from filling up with garbage.
You could have an levelgate(i.e. only level 18+) for stuff I guess

I thought I read something a week ago that said that it was going to get easier to level Iron Banner rep the closer it got to the end of the event (something about helping the casual players). Did Bungie ever clarify if/how this is going to be implemented. I can't find the details on their forums.

Temujen

Neo Member
Anybody doing or planning a hard raid?

Level 30 Titan, Vision of Confluence, Ice Breaker maxed.

Tired of destinylfg.net - too many annoying kids.

PSN: Temujen1975

I thought I read something a week ago that said that it was going to get easier to level Iron Banner rep the closer it got to the end of the event (something about helping the casual players). Did Bungie ever clarify if/how this is going to be implemented. I can't find the details on their forums.
The Tempered Buff
Tempered boosts XP, and is better if you use it later in the tournament

lol.. one of our friends got the hawkmoon from the raid chest and again from atheon

i was jelly

Yeah... and then one of our OTHER friends got all of the raid gear in one go-round...

meanwhile, I still don't have a raid chest for my titan(s) after playing through the raid however many times.

But that's cool though because I can play IB and get that chest... right? RIGHT???

Bladelaw

So what's the cheap/easy spot for the Nightfall this week? Is one even needed? I could see the hardest part being that first room with the three waves when Dinklebot randomly decides "I'll work faster" as though that idea never occurred to him before.

In that room there are a couple train cars you can hide behind (near the hive green glowy rocks) and the enemies will mostly ignore you. At the walker there's some solar panels you can stand on and snipe away. At Sepiks theres a room to your left when you enter the arena that's safe unless sepiks teleports to the window. If it does run half way down the stairs.

It definitely affects Crucible. Maybe I'll try and squeeze that in tonight before bed so the rest of the week can be all gains all the time.

What time will this be? This will likely be too late for you but I'll be on looking to do it about 1130-12 your time. If whatever you're doing keeps you busy until that late I'll run it with you but otherwise no worries, get it and go to bed ;P

Also, I'll want some Hawkian dissection on determining if that Starfire Protocol will be better than Praxic Fire. It's tough because I use fusion grenades almost exclusively for grenades and I can really see getting a lot of utility out of having three of them OR being able to swap the trait to something else other than two grenades and still have two fusion grenades. On the other hand, Praxic allows me to get in multiple more grenades in Oprah Mode which is more bang for your buck than one more grenade upon recharge. That said, you're out of Radiance far more than in it so.... yeah, back and forth. I mentioned yesterady that it probably makes sense to use both and have Starfire for most encounters but swap to Praxic for bosses.

Trakan

Iron Banner is still garbage. Letting people within 3 levels compete is pretty dumb. Not only is it easy to hit level 27, but it feels like regular multiplayer. Unless they implement the same system as single player where it's a 33% damage reduction per level, it's not even worth playing.

I did get a Gjallarhorn from Nightfall though, so I'm happy about that.

DjRalford

Right at the back of the room, in the little "tunnel". You can pretty much snipe everyone from here, apart from a few dregs/captains which you have to cautiously go after.

For the fallen walker, stay at the "room's" entrance, in the corner at your right when entering. Snipe from there, the walker won't shoot at you, and the adds won't care for you. Slowly dispose of them when the walker is dead.

For the boss, stay in the room to the left of the entrance. Adds won't enter and won't spawn here. Snipe the boss, being careful when it spawns in front of you.

I was in there after reset, 2 groups of enemies spawned in the corner and ran out the door taking pot shots at me on the way, so be careful.

Shito

I was in there after reset, 2 groups of enemies spawned in the corner and ran out the door taking pot shots at me on the way, so be careful.
Strange, never had that happen to me.
Either they patched this, or you somehow stepped outside the room / went down the stairs?
Will be careful of this when doing it tonight, though. :)

Deku Tree

It's going to be boring if the new weeklies and nightfalls do not include the DLC strikes. I hope they have some weekly activities that incorporate all of the DLC somehow.

ERMint13

Yep that spot doesn't work as well anymore. You have to go to the bottom and get on the ledge near the water. Push all the way to the left.

DjRalford

Strange, never had that happen to me.
Either they patched this, or you somehow stepped outside the room / went down the stairs?
Will be careful of this when doing it tonight, though. :)

I was in the room behind the barred window, my partner in crime stayed at the entrance to the boss area.

Not sure if that was the reason for the spawning as I've never seen it before today either.

Dante316

Iron Banner is still garbage. Letting people within 3 levels compete is pretty dumb. Not only is it easy to hit level 27, but it feels like regular multiplayer. Unless they implement the same system as single player where it's a 33% damage reduction per level, it's not even worth playing.

I agree the difference shouldve been alot bigger., there shouldve been a bigger difference between lvl 27 and 30. Same with 28 and 29.

Shito

I was in the room behind the barred window, my partner in crime stayed at the entrance to the boss area.

Not sure if that was the reason for the spawning as I've never seen it before today either.
Hmm, that may be because of this, yeah. I only ever done this by myself, or with my girlfriend staying in the left room with me.
I think you have to have no one outside of this room for this group not to spawn.

CornDogg

Pretty sure staying in the entrance causes a Captain and some additional adds to spawn in that room, who then (in my experience) run towards the entrance to try to slaughter whoever is hanging around.

Where would you have them draw the line, then? Level 28? That's not hard to hit either - it can be done without a single piece of raid gear.

So 29?

So then IB is a fight between 29s and 30s? Not a very compelling solution. Their goal is to make it more challenging if you are underleveled/undergeared, not impossible. Sounds like you won't be pleased with IB unless level 30s are raid bosses.

They have to keep the experience somewhat accessible. They've put restrictions in place to make it more centered around the higher level players, but they can't just make it so level 30s stomp anybody who isn't level 30. Rather, they make it so if a player is say, 26 or 27, and they run into a 30 on the battlefield, that player should consider not engaging alone

Has anyone compared the new Sparrow to the Raid Sparrow? Is the new one equal or better stat-wise? Those tricks and the (finally) different color scheme is neat on the new Sparrow but I wouldn't want to loose that double boost.

Van Owen

Banned
Ugh, need one piece of gear to hit 30, and if I don't get it tonight in the raid I don't see myself grinding out PVP matches in Iron Banner to get it.

Guys, I've been thinking of any idea regarding trading and I wanted to post it here before I put it on Bungie's forums.
Idea: The Giving Box
Put a box/chest near a highly populated area within the Tower(Bounty Tracker area seems good)
Allow players to put 1 item every hour(Just a scenario) into the Giving Box
Once per day/24 hours, a player can go to the Giving Box and get a random item from all the things within the box
Donating items would get you Box Rep(Placeholder name), and having high Box Rep would allow you to buy some exclusive cosmetic items from a separate Giving Box Vendor
This system would allow players to give away exotic/legendary stuff that they don't need, but does not let people "sell" items on Ebay/otherwise

I'd almost prefer just allowing us to make a trade with somebody once a week. I don't see how it would be any worse than just randomly getting something you didn't really earn.

Not sure if I'm gonna bother with IB. I've already got 3 raid gloves and 5 boots.

Gloves higher stats aren't worth replacing the raid buffs from the gloves imo.

The stats on the boots would be an upgrade though so there's always that I guess.

I need a helmet goddammit :'(

The new sparrow is sick though :p

Deku Tree

You mean the DLC strike.

Xbox versions get only one.

Yes that is what I mean, sorry. The PS exclusive Destiny strike on Mars is basically one extra room, otherwise it is almost the same as one of the story missions with a few extra enemies thrown into the mix. This is all I am expecting (or less) out of the new PS exclusive DLC strike.

CREMSteve

Need two for HM raid.

PSN: Akai_XIII.

Good run, thanks. Always nice to play with people who know what they're doing.

Feel bad about the drops though, I really don't need any new gear, but I got the chest, two sets of gloves, two sets of boots, another Hard Light, another Atheon's Epilogue and another ship.

All I want is a Mytho, Gallo or IB. Would give all my gear drops away for any one of those. >.<

GhaleonEB

Two questions.

Is the Grotto area in Old Russia new, or did I just now stumble upon it? It's a cave off the Rocketyard. Too high level my current character but I'm curious to check it out later.

Other question is, do we start getting weapon parts and other items from dismantling gear at a certain level? I'm level 11 now and only twice have received anything other than glimmer for dismantling gear; I've taken apart upwards of 50 items at this point.

Mattiator

What say you fine gaffers.
Attempting triple play tonight. I have a max level gunslinger and bladedancer. A level 27 defender and a level 28 sun singer. The only rl I have are steel oracle maxed and the truth unupgraded.
What is my best chance.
Thanks.

Hoodbury

Someone mentioned you can only buy it once.

What was their reasoning though? It hasn't been live for 12 or 24 hours yet so how do we know it isn't purchasable again?

*edit - not doubting them, just curious on what makes them say you can only buy it once.

spyder_ur

Right at the back of the room, in the little "tunnel". You can pretty much snipe everyone from here, apart from a few dregs/captains which you have to cautiously go after.

For the fallen walker, stay at the "room's" entrance, in the corner at your right when entering. Snipe from there, the walker won't shoot at you, and the adds won't care for you. Slowly dispose of them when the walker is dead.

For the boss, stay in the room to the left of the entrance. Adds won't enter and won't spawn here. Snipe the boss, being careful when it spawns in front of you.

In that room there are a couple train cars you can hide behind (near the hive green glowy rocks) and the enemies will mostly ignore you. At the walker there's some solar panels you can stand on and snipe away. At Sepiks theres a room to your left when you enter the arena that's safe unless sepiks teleports to the window. If it does run half way down the stairs.

Cool, that will prove helpful. Sounds like my Patience and Time will get a workout.

On a related note, I actually really like strikes but they also feel like a huge missed opportunity. The strategy for them, especially at the higher levels, is almost always to find a safe spot to snipe and shoot rockets from for a while. Wouldn't it be cool if there were some urgency? Maybe a heist/theft mission where the end has you running away from enemies to a safe spot? Maybe clearing out certain objectives in an undetermined order? Some more dynamic bosses that do more than lumber around a room would be nice.

Someone on reddit did the math:

1. 2 wins needed to get to Rank 1. (1st class item gives 1.1 x 50 (55 Exp))
  2. 22 more wins to get to Rank 2. (2nd class item gives 1.1 x 1.1 x 50 (60 Exp))
  3. 40 more wins to get to Rank 3.
  4. 40 more wins to get to Rank 4. (3rd class item gives 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.1 x 50 (66 Exp))
  5. 36 more wins to get to Rank 5.

When you take into account the daily bounties which can give you 300-500ish, I'd imagine those numbers would be lower...at least that's the hope.

Hoodbury

Two questions.

Is the Grotto area in Old Russia new, or did I just now stumble upon it? It's a cave off the Rocketyard. Too high level my current character but I'm curious to check it out later.

Other question is, do we start getting weapon parts and other items from dismantling gear at a certain level? I'm level 11 now and only twice have received anything other than glimmer for dismantling gear; I've taken apart upwards of 50 items at this point.

I think you only get weapon/armour parts if you dismantle green or rarer items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom