• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you guys have better luck after I left? I really do feel like there is some skill matching behind the scenes. I couldn't gain any traction playing with a group of pros like you guys, but when I went in on my own I did pretty well. I think the people that get matched up with you are top tier PvP players.
they mentioned that groups would get matched with each other I think. 2-3 groups matched with other 2-3, and 4-6 groups with other 4-6 or something like that.

Did you guys have better luck after I left? I really do feel like there is some skill matching behind the scenes. I couldn't gain any traction playing with a group of pros like you guys, but when I went in on my own I did pretty well. I think the people that get matched up with you are top tier PvP players.

Haha you were still contributing well, I mean we were wrecking faces basically every round when we actually had a full team of Gaffers going. There definitely may be something to what you are saying about the match making. Especially one round against some super-pro-MLG team, the only time we actually got blown out. Those guys were nuts.

Suros Regime, The Last Word, or Thorn? I'm guessing with the HC nerfs I'll go with Suros, but fig and nik's posts allude to something about Suros. Them being everywhere, but not really saying if they were doing well or not.

Suros still does really, really well. There's a reason it is the most common weapon by a large margin, also because it's easier to use than something like TLW or HCs in general.

Edit: Also, there is an easy IB bounty for Auto Rifle head shots.

BreakJohn

got home anxious to start up destiny and play some iron banner, upon loading up the game it keeps getting stuck on this tiny 1mb update and giving me an error code called wasp. i sigh and think maybe if i reset my console and connection it'll get better. nope problem is still going, so i google error code wasp and apparently the fix to this is to delete and reisntall the game... really? like fucking really.. before i delete this huge fucking game which i bought digitally btw i'd like to ask if anyone here knows a work around to this problem. i'd appreciate it so much.

Qwell

Anyone wanna do a hard raid? I wanna know if I'm grinding this iron banner glove for a reason

1. ToastyToast (psn: toasty_T) 29 Titan
I'm up for a hard raid, 29 hunter with a bunch of maxed weapons and multiple hard clears.

PS4 = Qwell

got home anxious to start up destiny and play some iron banner, upon loading up the game it keeps getting stuck on this tiny 1mb update and giving me an error code called wasp. i sigh and think maybe if i reset my console and connection it'll get better. nope problem is still going, so i google error code wasp and apparently the fix to this is to delete and reisntall the game... really? like fucking really.. before i delete this huge fucking game which i bought digitally btw i'd like to ask if anyone here knows a work around to this problem. i'd appreciate it so much.

I had the "boar" problem on PS3 yesterday, and in the end, I just had to wait for Bungie to fix their shit. Give it some time.

BreakJohn

I had the "boar" problem on PS3 yesterday, and in the end, I just had to wait for Bungie to fix their shit. Give it some time.

yea thats what i'll do, i just asked a friend of mine who had this error code and he said just wait a little while and it usually resolves itself. still im shocked the answer bungie gives on their own website is to delete and re install the game. that shit legit shook me.

Anyone have experience with VoC in IB? It's the only primary I have maxed at the moment. (Well I have a maxed Vex Mytho and Dr Nope...)

I think I have like 48 regular bounties waiting for me when I get home so I can probably max a new weapon first. Any suggestions?

Suros Regime, The Last Word, or Thorn? I'm guessing with the HC nerfs I'll go with Suros, but fig and nik's posts allude to something about Suros. Them being everywhere, but not really saying if they were doing well or not.
What?! There were handcannon nerfs? Was this part of the patch?

Streaks

Not sure what it is but I just got a patch after an Xbox One hard reboot. Didn't get a real good look at the size though. Shouldn't be the one from last night since I was playing all last night without issue.

maomaoIYP

The level differences in the IB aren't all that apparent.
I was doing about 1 damage per round difference between a level 30 and a level 26 (I'm 28) on a pulse rifle. Not all my weapons are maxed though, but having a maxed legendary machine gun makes a world of difference.
In general grenades feel somehow a LOT stronger, and there are just a lot of better players in general playing the IB, hence the perceived increased difficulty. I saw a pretty good player I regularly run into wrecking everyone's shit at level 28, there's still a large difference if you're a considerably good player.
I like the new connection bars the patch brought it, but the servers are still connecting people with red bars into a game full of greens.
Also if you play in with a fireteam you will most likely win.
Somehow I was put into that shitty tiny ass map on Mars (red sandy exterior, base with 2 large ass doors) non-stop. I played it over 6 times in about 2 hours. I don't know if they've messed with the map rotation.

I've been using The Last Word in pvp for weeks now and today I switched back to Suros Regime for the headshots with autorifle bounty and I was very surprised by how bad I performed with it.
I can't believe how much better TLW is.
I felt completely handicapped with the Suros.

I've been using The Last Word in pvp for weeks now and today I switched back to Suros Regime for the headshots with autorifle bounty and I was very surprised by how bad I performed with it.
I can't believe how much better TLW is.
I felt completely handicapped with the Suros.

Yeah, it was pretty weird getting used to the Suros again after a few weeks.

jett

D-Member
I wish you could access all of the stores and vendors straight out from the menu while in orbit. What's the point of physically going into the shithouse knowon as the tower, just wastes my time.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Finally got one win out of like seven games. Boggles my mind a bunch of high level people are incompetent in PVP. People are just doing things by themselves instead of coordinating. I think groups of two is good, one guy can cover the other, etc.

JayEH

Lost in IB 20000-19995.

doc-rivers.gif

Lima

Man we straight up molested some of these guys tonight. This IB is so much fun. It's how it should have been the first time.

Mupod

I need 3 for fresh normal raid. Starting as soon as we're full. Have a 30 and two 29s, so it should go fast.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

If you're okay with a first timer, PSN = Mupodpsn

I gotta eat real quick but that won't take more than ~10mins

Ghazi

I hate having to farm for materials.

What the fuck is wrong with Bungie.

Can't you buy them soon? They're patching that in, I assume, before the next expansion. Doesn't really help right now, though :(

E: Xbox Live is having trouble guys, I assume that's the cause of Vulture errors.

Anyone wanna do a hard raid? I wanna know if I'm grinding this iron banner glove for a reason

1. ToastyToast (psn: toasty_T) 29 Titan

If for some reason you guys want to wait until 9:30 PM Pacific to run it, add me to this list.

I doubt it though. West coast and evening classes don't mix well with Destiny :(

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Why isn't Iron Banner always available?! This is so much fun! I would never leave.
It lasts for a week, and this is the second time they have done it with the retail game. Most of the stuff I wanted that was level 3 last time is now level 5, so I'll probably stop at the weekly credit limit as usual. They don't even have the Hunter chest armor available this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom