• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighOnPCP

So I just played about 8 matches of Iron Banner and first off I gotta say it doesn't feel too different from last time or from regular crucible in general BUT there is a difference (gotta look more into it, record gameplay and analyse damage etc.) but I felt some player died quicker than others and that I sometimes lived forever in a gunfight and sometimes 3-5 shots I'm dead. But I like it so far, it seems way better than last time.

The big "problem"...out of those 8 games I got 1st never having less than 5-6 caps and 20 kills....my team still lost like 6 out of those 8 lol.

DON'T PLAY WITH RANDOMS if you really wanna enjoy it. I was mad the whole time even though I personally did REALLY good.

Mupod

nice matches everyone. Not worried at all about this event if I can keep getting GAF groups like that.

Hopefully get some raid upgrades tomorrow. I'm holding my own as a 27 but a bit more gear wouldn't hurt. Getting oneshotted by hawkmoon isn't very fun

Anyone need 2 more for an iron banner team? Tokems and I have been doing pretty well with just the two of us but it would be nice to join up with a team of 4

Van Owen

Banned
Ugh, another hard raid complete, another week at 29. Not sure how long I can keep doing this week after week just to get one piece of gear.

DesertFox

Holy shit blind watch still sucks ass. My team had a 4000 point lead then capped A, spawns flipped and we atrophied to lose the fucking match. Why do I get matched with these fucking neanderthals that don't understand proper map control.

If IB wasn't so focused on wins I wouldn't care, but this blows having my progress stymied by idiots that the game shackles me to.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You and I are the only ones from GAF :p

I stand corrected. Big Cabrito is really good. Feels good winning some games after losing like over a dozen of them today.

Did Bungie changed the scoring system for IB control? Seems like capping and controlling flags is more rewarding than before.

It does seem like it. I got so many kills but points aren't as much as people just capturing.

wonzo

Banned
that feel when you get the 10 kill iron banner bounty with the final blow
noah.png

Sullichin

Did Bungie changed the scoring system for IB control? Seems like capping and controlling flags is more rewarding than before.
No, I don't believe so. But more people are aware that it's best for a group to capture a zone so everyone gets points, stuff like that. You get way more points when you stick with your team in control as assists and the other contextual bonuses like zone assault pile up.

The best part of IB for me is all of the close games and playing with people who are actually paying attention / are pretty good. I've been on some shitty teams and getting an On the Bright Side medal is pretty annoying in IB, and again I wish they didn't break Thorn, but for the most part I'm happy with IB version 2. The scoring system is better, I haven't played on First Light or Bastion in a zillion games, there's actual power differences although skill is still paramount. I don't notice a handicap being at level 28 vs level 29, though, so I'm at 28 to use voidfang vestments.

My friend is really upset theres no IB chest piece, as IB can't help him get to level 30 at all. I really lucked out I guess in that the chest is the only piece of raid armor that has dropped for me. I'm now rank 4 and can be level 30 after some more marathon helium filament farming, and I'm pretty happy with my level 30 loadout too. BUT I wish the gloves had faster handcannon reload; if they let you reroll the upgrades I would in a second.

Midas

We finished the hard raid at level 30 in an hour and fifteen minutes. It's so much easier when you don't have a 28 in the fire team.

Also got the MIDA Multi Tool. First exotic drop in nightfall for severals weeks. Worth upgrading? Not sure what I should upgrade. I also have Plan C, Pocket Infinity, Invective and Thorn which I haven't leveled at all... Any suggestions on where to begin?

Sullichin

We finished the hard raid at level 30 in an hour and fifteen minutes. It's so much easier when you don't have a 28 in the fire team.

Also got the MIDA Multi Tool. First exotic drop in nightfall for severals weeks. Worth upgrading? Not sure what I should upgrade. I also have Plan C, Pocket Infinity, Invective and Thorn which I haven't leveled at all... Any suggestions on where to begin?
I hear its outclassed by VOC but the MIDA is awesome. Ultra fast reload, big clip, good fire rate and impact, boosts movement speed.

Thorn WAS the best PVP handcannon until the latest patch mistakenly changed the damage over time tick to 3 from 7. They said it was unintentional. If you like handcannons in PVP it's worth leveling if/when they fix it. It's not worth the exotic slot before the Mark of the Devourer upgrade, then it becomes a beast.

Midas

I hear its outclassed by VOC but the MIDA is awesome. Ultra fast reload, big clip, good fire rate and impact, boosts movement speed.

Thorn WAS the best PVP handcannon until the latest patch mistakenly changed the damage over time tick to 3 from 7. They said it was unintentional. If you like handcannons in PVP it's worth leveling if/when they fix it. It's not worth the exotic slot before the Mark of the Devourer upgrade, then it becomes a beast.

I have VoC, hmm. I didn't have time to try MIDA but I'll give it a go after work today. If I like how it feels I might just level it even though I have a maxed VoC.

ocean

Banned
I have VoC, hmm. I didn't have time to try MIDA but I'll give it a go after work today. If I like how it feels I might just level it even though I have a maxed VoC.
VoC is solar, which can be an advantage in certain scenarios. Outside that, I like MIDA a lot better than VoC. It's got great fire rate and the sights (which I concede are not everyone's cup of tea) are fantastic. Once you unlock the hair trigger perk you'll be getting crits like crazy.

That said, it's hard to justify giving it the Exotic slot. VoC gets more play time on my PVE runs just by virtue of being Legendary.

I don't like how Suros is good from any distance except shotgun range. That's all I hear in every game is a freaking Suros. Some guy tried to use Thorn on my team and he got smoked with a negative KDR.

Why did they nerf the almighty Thorn...

Midas

VoC is solar, which can be an advantage in certain scenarios. Outside that, I like MIDA a lot better than VoC. It's got great fire rate and the sights (which I concede are not everyone's cup of tea) are fantastic. Once you unlock the hair trigger perk you'll be getting crits like crazy.

That said, it's hard to justify giving it the Exotic slot. VoC gets more play time on my PVE runs just by virtue of being Legendary.

If the fire rate is better, it's probably worth giving it a go. I use Voc all the time, it's fantastic for the raid. Just like you say, it's a legendary weapon. I guess that's what's so good about the raid weapons - exotics branded as legendary.

Hmm, which stat sites are there out there? I know about DestinyDB and Tracker - but I think there's another one? I remember one of them listing a lot more data of your specific games.

I don't like how Suros is good from any distance except shotgun range. That's all I hear in every game is a freaking Suros. Some guy tried to use Thorn on my team and he got smoked with a negative KDR.

Why did they nerf the almighty Thorn...

Yeah, yesterday playing in Shores of Time some guys were popping headshots in B from the spawn point next to C with just a Suros, they didn´t bother to bring a sniper rifle, i mean, that´s insane, that gun should not have that kind of range.

Can't play with randoms anymore, I'm done for the night. You can tell who are the PvE heroes that got screwed by RNG and are forced to play IB for the required gear to get to 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom