• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midas

Not that great of an idea if the plan is to get Iron Banner kit, doing strikes gets you more sapphire wire per rare Engram anyway.

No, Iron Banner gear is not something I plan to get. But I will probably play strikes anyway. Need to do something to level up the sub class.

k1t4j

Ok so I went in first with AE, for the bounty and it was really really good. I twas dropping people left and right. I got that bounty done in 2 IB matches.

But then, then fellow gaffers I went in with VoC and good god I love this weapon even more.

Thunderlord was wrecking people as well, thanks to it I managed to finish the bount I thought I could never do, kill 10 guardians with 1 life.

It takes so long to level up the rep even with 2 out of 3 games being a win :(

Carn82

PvP-noob/amateur here; got some IB-questions:

- IB is basically Control, right?
- Does rank carry over to the next IB?
- LvL 29 hunter with some maxed weapons like the Suros (yes, guilty) and the A1.as0929291; should be okay right?

Might want to try it out a bit and get some doable bounties done.

MrMuscle

PvP-noob/amateur here; got some IB-questions:

- IB is basically Control, right?
- Does rank carry over to the next IB?
- LvL 29 hunter with some maxed weapons like the Suros (yes, guilty) and the A1.as0929291; should be okay right?

Might want to try it out a bit and get some doable bounties done.

- yes
- no
- yes

Im lvl 29 and really not a PvP guy. Played 10 matches (mostly solo) last night, got to rank 1,75. So i think you will be just fine.

Carn82

- yes
- no
- yes

Im lvl 29 and really not a PvP guy. Played 10 matches (mostly solo) last night, got to rank 1,75. So i think you will be just fine.

Alright, thanks! I havent played much Crucible (only for some exotic bounties and the occasional easy ones); usually end up in the middle, with exceptions to the top 3 and bottom 3, depending on the other teams/players skills.

Does anyone happen to know if the tempered buff gives bonus rep for turning in IB bounties? I'm stitting on a bunch of completed ones and can't find the answer anywhere. :/

(I'm assuming not but to be a safe I figured I'd ask)

Carn82

They scaled it so mobs are harder solo, but easier in groups.

We had more difficulty with the Weekly on 28 than with the Nightfall; anyone else who had the same experience? Didnt help that we died during Sepiks in the Weekly, so we couldnt backtrack when the going got rough.

Shito

It costs a mote of light each time so not everyone would be willing to spend them. I have tonnes of em, but others may not
Yeah, I have a bunch of them, and I'm totally willing to use them here. I'm not a pvp lover, I'm just doing the IB to see how high I can get without playing too much of it, so I'll take anything helping me rank faster. ^^

Can anyone confirm if temperred buff affects bounty reputation gains?
I'd like to know this as well.
I suppose they do...

We had more difficulty with the Weekly on 28 than with the Nightfall; anyone else who had the same experience? Didnt help that we died during Sepiks in the Weekly, so we couldnt backtrack when the going got rough.
Did the nightfall and the weekly back to back with my girlfriend yesterday, and the weekly was a breeze after the nightfall. It's the exact same thing, with less armored enemies. Also, you can play the weekly more aggressively than the nightfall, not fearing to have to start it all over if you wipe at the boss, so that helps speeding it up even more.
I can understand how weeklies without burns can be longer to complete than the nightfall, but this week really I don't see how that would be the case. :)

amar212

6th raid completed, still don't have a single piece of raid gear.

Fuck EVERYTHING.

I got my first Raid gear in my 4th week of play (3 characters), so you will be fine.

My friend have done more than 20 Hard Raids so far (also 3 characters) and he still don't have Vex.

RNG is a cruel mistress but she adores pleasure delaying.

<< solos nightfall and weekly heroic.

Working as intended?

EDIT: sorry i did not fully solo nightfall, friends joined on sepkis so they could get it as well, but i could of done it lol

areal

Anyone got ten minutes to run a strike (the Nexus, I guess) so that I can get get the clan trophy? I tried it earlier but it turns out that the weekly doesn't count.

Zakalwe

Banned
Ugh... Going to wait for Steroyd and anyone else. Winning games and doing well, but no one using voice comms makes for a frustrating experience.

Even more than before because the option is /right/ there.

Anyway...

Is anyone up for the NF? Running it with my 30 Titan now. Feel free to jump in.

Psn: astropoff

Zakalwe

Banned
Yeah it's a damn shame. I'm hoping it's just because people don't know. Bungie should've put a notice when you start the game, like they do with other things.

I'm politely messaging players with an FYI type message. Hopefully it is just ignorance of the fact and it'll catch on.

Things like running up to a HW spawn just before someone takes it, or someone capping the third point and flipping the game, etc... Easy to avoid with voice comms.

broony

Ugh... Going to wait for Steroyd and anyone else. Winning games and doing well, but no one using voice comms makes for a frustrating experience.

Even more than before because the option is /right/ there.

Anyway...

Is anyone up for the NF? Running it with my 30 Titan now. Feel free to jump in.

Psn: astropoff
2 minutes. PSN Megabroon

Carn82

I can understand how weeklies without burns can be longer to complete than the nightfall, but this week really I don't see how that would be the case. :)

heh. Yeah I guess I should blame the fact that we just kinda sucked yesterday. Having one guy being afk every few minutes didnt help.

excowboy

Sapphire wire farming? Strike playlist? What's the most effective approach? First time I'm out of material. I have 1757 hadronic essence...

Play Tiger strikes with your main (Warlock) then dump all the engrams in your vault. Collect them with your Hunter, decrypt, dismantle?

Zakalwe

Banned
Thanks again broony, quick and painless!

Helm of Saint 14, worse stats than the one I have.

I own every exotic weapon in the game aside from Monte Carlo and SGA. At this point I only really want two things:

Fatebringer
Praxic Fire

I've a feeling I'll be waiting a while. Can't complain of course, but I do wish we could trade. So many dupes...

Bring on the DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom