• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm in for the Thurs night Raid again if that's ok! (PSN: DaveS78)

I'd also be up the Weekly as I did the Nightfall last night and don't have any alternates capable of doing it again.

EDIT: Oops, nevermind! Skipped over the part about being in it the previous week.
Hehe, sorry! I'll put you in for an Alt spot. Just want to try and ensure as many people can get it who haven't had the chance yet.
I didn't get a chance to play last night with the unexpected arrival of my Xbone. I'll have to solo the NF real quick before the Raid.
I was thinking I'd be doing IB before the Raid but I'd be down to blitz the Nightfall with you if you're interested. Haven't done it on either character yet.

k1t4j

Anyone for VoG normal now?
i'm a lvl30 titan. and will be taking 2 lvl 28's with me. anyone wanna tag along?

1. Milkypooz (me) - 30 Titan
2. SupBeeCheese - 28 Titan
3. Snaggletooth000 - 28 titan
4. Mango15 - 30 Hunter

Is it on PSN? May I join lv29 hunter

kitaj84

Jito

Banned
i'm a lvl30 titan. and will be taking 2 lvl 28's with me. anyone wanna tag along?

4. Mango15 - 30 Hunter

Hey I'll tag along if you've got space and you're on PSN, I'm lvl 28 Titan, Tag = MoStabby

That's why you get a weapon like TLW and have fun doing it. I try to make the best of the most mundane tasks

I've just been doing it for an hour with TLW, that gun makes it even more mundane if anything. There's no challenge at all.

Hehe, sorry! I'll put you in for an Alt spot. Just want to try and ensure as many people can get it who haven't had the chance yet.

I was thinking I'd be doing IB before the Raid but I'd be down to blitz the Nightfall with you if you're interested. Haven't done it on either character yet.

Sweet, lets do it! I imagine we could easily knock out the NF and Weekly before the Raid. I'll scarf down dinner quick.

Wow...some guys get really salty in Iron Banner. I wrecked everyone with my Infinity Pocket in 5 matches and got loads of messages saying how much I suck =D Never experienced such a warm welcome in normal Crucible. But IB is really good this time around, level advantages are clearly enabled!

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Yo... What the fuck is up with the pocket infinity... This shit is glitching on me like crazy lately. Sometimes it doesn't fire in full burst mode, other times my kids take 5 seconds to confirm.

Bungie needs to fix this shit. The Pocket is my baby. :(

benjammin

4. Mango15 - 30 Hunter

Benjammin172 if there's a spot open. Lvl 29 Hunter with maxed voc, ib, and hezen vengeance

you sure? got any source?

sorry just I really need to know, everything I have found does not indicate that.

I perfectly understand.

This wasn't where I read it before, but it seems to have the same information:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-29-destiny-the-dark-below-expansion-content-revealed

The six-player raid is called Crota's End, and is set in the Hellmouth. As the existing raid, Vault of Glass, unlocked some time after the release of Destiny, so will players have to wait for Crota's End to unlock soon after the release of The Dark Below.

zewone

Yo... What the fuck is up with the pocket infinity... This shit is glitching on me like crazy lately. Sometimes it doesn't fire in full burst mode, other times my kids take 5 seconds to confirm.

Bungie needs to fix this shit. The Pocket is my baby. :(

Equip a different gun. Re-equip PI.

Problem solved.

kidko

Wow...some guys get really salty in Iron Banner. I wrecked everyone with my Infinity Pocket in 5 matches and got loads of messages saying how much I suck =D Never experienced such a warm welcome in normal Crucible. But IB is really good this time around, level advantages are clearly enabled!

What's your level? Is PI fully leveled up? Just curious because I was feeling a little weak with it. Maybe just an off night

I have really avoided much of the PVP in this game (it just isn't my thing), but I've started playing some for the Iron Banner. I don't have great weapons.... The best thing I have is an almost fully upgraded (missing last damage increase) Pocket Infinity. My main weapon is a standard legendary scout rifle. I'm level 29, and tend to do OK one on one, but I don't really know the maps that well yet....

However... does that even matter? I mean, as long as I try it seems like my team (matchmade) does fine enough to make sure that I'm winning at least one out of every five matches. Is there really any reason to team up and get better beyond the fact that you'll earn reputation slightly faster?

Easy. Sell materials for glimmer at a vendor.

Which actually makes me wonder what's even the point of material at this point?

Might as well just cost us XP and cash and cut out the middle man.

I thought they said something about hunting them instead of farming them. So they'd be enemy drops maybe?

Jito

Banned
What's with the new stunt sparrows as well? I don't see how they fit into the current game universe at all. Like the Guardians are meant to be the top of the top soliders/mercanaries protecting the last of humanity and fighting back against the darkness, yet they're out there now pulling sweet stunts, flips an shit. It's just such a clash of themes I thought I wouldn't see until later in the games life cycle. It's so silly and out of place.

Edit: Actually it fits in with dancing quiet well. As in, not at all in the slightest.

LordofPwn

Does anyone have any good idea as to where the Crota's End Raid Entrance will be? Vault of Glass was pretty obvious.
I hope its an extension of the DLC areas want to go in fresh.

someday

Banned
Thursday, 8:15PM Eastern Time - Hawkian's Happy Time Newb-Friendly Normal Raid
1. schwagger15 (if you can make it!)
2. Hawkian
3. OPEN
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

These runs are for people kinda new to the raid, brand new to the raid, or just not confident/comfortable with all aspects of it yet. Anyone can attend except those who were in it the previous week. If you've raided before, we'll focus on giving you roles you're NOT comfortable with, to get a little more experience and improve as an overall player. Lots of hands will touch the relic!

Very laid-back atmosphere, please bring your most patient self, our (many) wipes will be opportunities to laugh and figure out what went wrong, rather than getting frustrated or blaming anyone at all. :)

Please quote this post and post your PSN ID if you want in for tomorrow's raid! It is first come first serve, so please make sure to quote something from this post so that I can see it easily.

These are streamed, so please Opt-In in the PSN Party settings if you'd like to be able to be heard by the viewers (of course if you'd prefer not to be then just don't opt-in). For those that tune in, I always try to narrate the general strategies and offer tips in a way that can be helpful even if they don't necessarily apply to the group I'm running with at the time.

Friday, 9:00PM Eastern Time - Hawkian's Pay-it-Forward Weekly Heroic/Nightfall Clinic

You guys know the drill here, I guarantee you safe passage through the Weekly Strike of your choice and show you a viable cheesy (for Nightfall) or lactose-free (for Heroic) strategy that is easy to replicate; you use this knowledge to help someone else out when the time comes!

--

Sorry to post this a little later in the day than I intended, but please reply if you want in for tomorrow's raid! Still 4 slots for the moment.
I'd like to do the newbie raid tomorrow. I've gone through it once and it was fun but I would love to get comfortable with it. I'm still unsure about what all happened, I was so lost! I'm a level 29 Titan. PSN - someday

zewone

I thought they said something about hunting them instead of farming them. So they'd be enemy drops maybe?

I would take that too. Put some notorious mobs drop bundles, or have trash enemies drop mats.

What's with the new stunt sparrows as well? I don't see how they fit into the current game universe at all. Like the Guardians are meant to be the top of the top soliders/mercanaries protecting the last of humanity and fighting back against the darkness, yet they're out there now pulling sweet stunts, flips an shit. It's just such a clash of themes I thought I wouldn't see until later in the games life cycle. It's so silly and out of place.

Pumpkin heads. You hate 75% of this game, don't you? lol

spyder_ur

Just my weekly stuffs post, we've got open spots for tomorrow's Newbie raid!

2. Hawkian
3. OPEN
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

These runs are for people kinda new to the raid, brand new to the raid, or just not confident/comfortable with all aspects of it yet. Anyone can attend except those who were in it the previous week. If you've raided before, we'll focus on giving you roles you're NOT comfortable with, to get a little more experience and improve as an overall player. Lots of hands will touch the relic!

Very laid-back atmosphere, please bring your most patient self, our (many) wipes will be opportunities to laugh and figure out what went wrong, rather than getting frustrated or blaming anyone at all. :)

Please quote this post and post your PSN ID if you want in for tomorrow's raid! It is first come first serve, so please make sure to quote something from this post so that I can see it easily.

These are streamed, so please Opt-In in the PSN Party settings if you'd like to be able to be heard by the viewers (of course if you'd prefer not to be then just don't opt-in). For those that tune in, I always try to narrate the general strategies and offer tips in a way that can be helpful even if they don't necessarily apply to the group I'm running with at the time.

Thanks hawkian. I'm almost positive I will be able to make it but will know for sure midday tomorrow and will let you know if that's the case.

My psn is spyder_ur and I'll be taking my 28 Titan, by the way.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What's your level? Is PI fully leveled up? Just curious because I was feeling a little weak with it. Maybe just an off night
Yeah it was cleaning up last night. I did have to unequip and reequip once to get the full auto to work properly.
I'd like to do the newbie raid tomorrow. I've gone through it once and it was fun but I would love to get comfortable with it. I'm still unsure about what all happened, I was so lost! I'm a level 29 Titan. PSN - someday
you're in!

edit: nice schagger. we'll have at least 3 28+, this will be a walk in the park! :D

Jito

Banned
Pumpkin heads. You hate 75% of this game, don't you? lol

They can get away with that as it's a holiday themed event that doesn't really need an explanation, whilst stunt sparrows were just thrown into the game. It's a love / hate relationship that I'm hoping will be resolved with all these promised updates and the first DLC. Only time will tell!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Edit: Actually it fits in with dancing quiet well. As in, not at all in the slightest.
Is this one a serious complaint?

Guardians need to blow off steam. All Dark and no Light makes hunters something something.
They can get away with that as it's a holiday themed event that doesn't really need an explanation, whilst stunt sparrows were just thrown into the game. It's a love / hate relationship that I'm hoping will be resolved with all these promised updates and the first DLC. Only time will tell!
it won't be.

Does anyone have any good idea as to where the Crota's End Raid Entrance will be? Vault of Glass was pretty obvious.
I hope its an extension of the DLC areas want to go in fresh.

I'd love to know this as well.

I've seen some things where people say it's inside the temple of Crota, near the "World's Grave" area, but no solid evidence.

Jito

Banned
Is this one a serious complaint?

Guardians need to blow off steam. All Dark and no Light makes hunters something something.

it won't be.

Yeh it is a serious complaint (not that it's top of my list of shit to complain about), kinda messes with the tone of the game when you throw a stunt sparrow into the mix. Then again there's not much of a tone or atmosphere set up in the game as is due to the lack of story.

Qwell

Anybody going to do a Hard Raid today? Looking to run with my L29 Titan.

PS4 x_Magik_ox
I was about to ask the same thing, I'm on the west coast so won't be available until around 5 or 5:30pm PST but I would be up for an HM raid with my lvl 30 warlock. I even have the oracles checkpoint so it would be a nice quick run if anyone is setting one up or would want to join.

SharkJAW

I was about to ask the same thing, I'm on the west coast so won't be available until around 5 or 5:30pm PST but I would be up for an HM raid with my lvl 30 warlock. I even have the oracles checkpoint so it would be a nice quick run if anyone is setting one up or would want to join.
That's exactly what I'm looking for. Is it okay if I get in on that?

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
2. Hawkian
3. OPEN
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

8:15pm EST should be 5:15pm PST right? save me a spot then.

PSN: BEHOLDER-Y 27 Hunter

jett

D-Member
Ah man I just realized the Hard Light is an exotic version of the Shingen-E.

I need a Hard Light now. Suros Schmuros.

btw if you finish a raid you won't get any more rewards until the next week, right?

coy

Thanks again for the run. Thankfully the Armamentarium was a dupe - but the shards will be put to good use. The Plan C is fun to use, so I can't wait to level it up. maybe you're my good luck charm, since I usually get useless purples or energy/shards too. I also tried my luck for the 3rd time, switching in my baby alt as Sepiks was aboot to die (thanks again ashley_us & dawnoflife) but no dice...oh well.

I'll see how the raid goes this week, and if it's more energy/shards, I may slow this down and pick up DA...you hear me Bungie? YOU HEAR?

It was real fun! Hope my buddy and his lady in the background weren't too distracting during the 2nd run lol. And with the luck I was having, I thought it'd just continue on for the last run. How arrogant of me.

I am dying at work. Running on <4 hrs sleep on multiple days was so much easier as a younger lad when I didn't have to be a responsible person and could mess around doing who knows what. Yet, I'm sure the PS4 will be powered on within 15 minutes of my return home for another hours-long session. The hooks, they're in me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom