• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard raid really isn't hard, it just takes good gear and a good team. I would definitely try it.

You're missing out on the chance of a lot of gear and extra materials if you don't.

There are plenty of experienced players here who would happily help you, myself being one.

*laughs uncontrollably*

Yeah a garundamnteed way to get an assload of shards is to run a hard raid with your level 29's trust me.

I ran out of ass shards before the weekly reset, after I had done 3 hard raids I was sitting on 50-60 shards, by time I done the Nightfalls and Weekly heroics and the dailies, I was in the 70-80 range, that's not including all the duplicate kit that I had no other choice but to shard, plus the third worse case scenario of getting about 10 shards/energies for completing a Nightfall.

You will get your investment back in spades easily.

Only thing that sucks, is the material farming, but here's hoping Bungie fix that soon.
Alright dudes, I'm gonna take your words for it. I'm sitting on about 80 shards and I think that will get my main and alt to level 29 and then I suppose I'll start running the hard raid too. I guess with how many times I'll have to run the damn raid to get all the pieces of gear, I'll be swimming in shards by that time anyway.

Zakalwe

Banned
I don't even do those anymore. Too tedious.

Oh, I get them done in 2-3 games. 1 if I'm particularly on the ball. I jus don't contribute much when I do.

The only one I avoid is buckshot bruiser. The Handcannon one is a lot easier now I have Hawkmoon, and the myhoclast makes the fusion one cake.

As a side note: blade dancers taking a Gjallahorn to the face and not dropping. ;_;

LiK

Oh, I get them done in 2-3 games. 1 if I'm particularly on the ball. I jus don't contribute much when I do.

The only one I avoid is buckshot bruiser. The Handcannon one is a lot easier now I have Hawkmoon, and the myhoclast makes the fusion one cake.

As a side note: blade dancers taking a Gjallahorn to the face and not dropping. ;_;

Yea, Bladedanncers don't seem to go down with RLs. bug? I can take them out with Shotties tho.

Namikaze1

So the game glitched but I'm not gonna complain since I love this glitch. Did daily and got a legendary engram. When going back to orbit, the rewards show a legendary primary engram and two rare primary engrams. My character screen shows I have 3 legendary primary engrams and no rares. Well, aside from the rare that dropped from killing a fallen. I ain't complaining.

Namikaze1

One gave me shards.
One gave me the New Monarchy Auto Rifle which I already have so I dismantled it.
The last gave me an exotic I got multiple times already. I dismantle that one too. If you been reading my post these past few days, you probably know what the exotic is.

Rixa

So the game glitched but I'm not gonna complain since I love this glitch. Did daily and got a legendary engram. When going back to orbit, the rewards show a legendary primary engram and two rare primary engrams. My character screen shows I have 3 legendary primary engrams and no rares. Well, aside from the rare that dropped from killing a fallen. I ain't complaining.

Atleast once RNGesus shows its good way. Nice glitch :p.

One gave me shards.
One gave me the New Monarchy Auto Rifle which I already have so I dismantled it.
The last gave me an exotic I got multiple times already. I dismantle that one too. If you been reading my post these past few days, you probably know what the exotic is.

And then RNG is in normal mood :p.

MrMuscle

Anybody know the correct damage reduction a lvl 29 does to a lvl 30 compared to what a lvl 30 does? Ive heard all kinds of numbers thrown around.

Jaeyden

Just not sure how I feel about the game anymore. Another week and another set of disappointments. I mean, I can practically predict what drops I'll be getting from VoG now. Before Atheon last night I told my group I'll be getting a VoC and Mythoclast. What did I get? Yup, you guessed it. VoC and Mythoclast. Too bad it's my 9th Vision and 4th Mytho. I've gotten 10 pieces of raid gear for my Warlock - 5 Chests and 5 Boots - and while I sit and watch all my friends hit 30 I'm still waiting on fucking gloves or a helm. It just sucks all the fun out of it. We should all be level 30 by now and farming VoG for better stats on our gear and farming guns that are harder to get, not this stupid shit of hoping to get lucky and finally get that one piece of gear to level up. In my 35 years of gaming I don't think I've ever gotten to a point of this much frustration with a game.

Swag

Anyone need the weekly heroic at 28?

I actually just need someone to join me so I can switch to an alt, and clear it for the coins, have the boss at one shot :)

SgtCobra

They are never going to nerf the SUROS Regime are they?
Perhaps the most OP weapon in PvP, an encounter with a SR user will most definitely end in a defeat.

Zakalwe

Banned
Maxed Crucible marks again. Might buy Lord High Fixer. Anything Dead Orbit have for sale worth spending them on instead?

Not really. The scout and shotgun are ok base stats but don't have great upgrades, the AR and MG are pretty weak.

All the really decent faction stuff is hidden behind levelling rewards.

The emblems? :3

SkylineRKR

One gave me shards.

And I've yet to get my first exotic out of an engram after 200+ hours of play. But yeah, I have 2 Mythoclasts and 3 Raid helmets. Fuck RNG.

Rixa

What is "best" PVE secondary weapon Van Guard is selling with marks? If I wont get decent lege 2nd weapon before next tuesday reset I might buy one from VG.
My secondarys are all blue weapons at the moment.

I have:
Main weapons
- Atheon's Epiloque
- Super Pox VOL
- Venation III

Secondarys
- 3 different blues

Heavy
- The Swarm
- Zombie Apocalypse wtfnumberitwas

All gear is legendary, VG reputation is soon at level 5. Iam at lvl 27 warlock (my only char).

Not really. The scout and shotgun are ok base stats but don't have great upgrades, the AR and MG are pretty weak.

All the really decent faction stuff is hidden behind levelling rewards.

The emblems? :3

Haha, shame they're stingy bastards then and won't give me any of them. I'll get Lord High Fixer then. I'd the 77 Wizard, but I already have a maxed void LIGHT/Beware.

Already have an emblem. :p

Zakalwe

Banned
Get youself The Last Word.
Suros Regime got nothing on TLW.

TLW is amazing in rumble and on the smaller maps. Regime destroys it at distance though.

TLW is much more fun to use. I can't remember the last time I used Regime.

One gave me shards.

Yeh, you're probably wise saying no more.

noomi

Everyone wants something they can't get. I was lucky to hit 30 in only about 5 raids.

But can't get the mythoclast, hawkmoon, or gjallahorn for the life of me.

Some need gear, some need weapons. Such is the life...

Mrgamer

I'm willing to take a group of first timers into the raid.

Will explain mechanics and everyone will have a chance of using the relic for experience.

All I ask is to be at least level 27.

Must have a secondary and heavy with void.
No rare wepons.
No mic no entry.

And most inportantly a good sense of humour.

Will start at 8 pm gmt.

quote youself with your psn name below.

1 v1br4t1ons void sunbro 30

quoting again for newbies raid. 8pm gmt.

I get 1751 from my TDYK.

Suddenly I'm not so bothered about Hawkmoon.

I use TDYK way more than I use Hawkmoon. To me, using Hawk is like putting on a badass suit and hitting the town. When I want to kill shit in style, with a beautiful looking gun that pops like a mofo and has that extra 30%ish on 3 bullets damage...it's a joy to use. I only use it for things like dailies and sometimes weeklies, or doing some random shit with a mate. When I do more serious stuff like raid or NF, it's TDYK all the way. As cool as Hawk is, I'd rather have comparable damage and IB or Ghorn (when I get it :D).

HM is worth leveling up and maxing if you have the energy to spare, it's pure class and style.

darkwing

One gave me shards.

I hate you

Pickman

This is getting bad... I'm hearing the sparkley material/chest sound at random now. Sitting here at my desk I glanced around for helium fragments.

Cynar

Yea, Bladedanncers don't seem to go down with RLs. bug? I can take them out with Shotties tho.
Not a bug. They are more durable with super. You need to hit them dead on. If they have hungering blade on and they hit someone after the first RL and you didn't connect then you better have a second ready. It's similar to the Titan's being more durable during the activation of their super.

Man...for ages I wanted a weapon for my bladedancer hunter that would allow me to deal massive alpha damage amid my cloaking antics and TLW I got from NF has filled that spot beautifully. I was contemplating pinching my titan's full auto comedian but TLW suits my hunter to a T as he's my hand cannon dude. I haven't fully leveled it up yet...about 1.5 perks away from the stability buff.

Popping outta stealth and unloading that badboy before striking my way back into thin air is a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom