• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kydd BlaZe

Finally hit lvl 30 with both my Warlock and Hunter! So stoked! Now I need to make a titan class. Got a bunch of legendary and exotic gear waiting for him in the vault.

Stubo

I don't want to be the guy who crashes the party but 8pm GMT puts you right into the maintenance ... right ?

I could have been interested, finished the raid only once for now !
Wait what? When is the maintenance? Sounds like I may actually play Halo tonight.

LiK

Not a bug. They are more durable with super. You need to hit them dead on. If they have hungering blade on and they hit someone after the first RL and you didn't connect then you better have a second ready. It's similar to the Titan's being more durable during the activation of their super.

Hitting Bladedancers head on point blank with RLs does nothing or lowers their life bar to a sliver. Never takes them out one shot from my experience. My Titan can usually be taken out fairly quickly when I do Death from Above compared to shooting down a Bladedancer. I don't currently have a BD build so I can't test it out atm.

(Coulda swore I posted this, but GAF says no, so...)

So, ran the Nightfall with my ALT in a full party. Got a Legendary Engram. Took it to Rahool and he turned it into...

2 Energies.

TWO ENERGIES FOR THE NIGHTFALLLLLLLLLL.

WAT.

Last week that is exactly what I got both nightfall runs. It's bs.

Ambitious

Just to make sure I didn't make a mistake converting the time once again: Maintenance starts in a bit less than two and a half hours, right?

Atkison04

Cross posting from Destiny Raid Group Thread

Looking to start a fresh normal raid this evening at 6:30pm EST if any of you guys care to join in. Any of you that expressed interest yesterday feel free to comment and I'll add you to the roster. New players welcome as well.

1.) the7thAssassin

2.) Phaethon

3.) UnderDouble

4.)

5.)

6.)

EDIT: Had to remove jdirty as he can't make it at that time.

Ridwald

Wait what? When is the maintenance? Sounds like I may actually play Halo tonight.

The news at bungie read something like "maintenance from 8 AM PST and for at least 4 hours" ... meaning in europe you get to play something else this evening =)

Tendo

I fell out of the game for a bit and feel so lost as to what I need to do to progress in endgame.

1) I'm level 20 titan. Should I be doing level 20 strike playlists? Did 4 last night and got one piece of loot worth using.

2) most effective ways to level the cryptarch and vanguard rep?

3) Anything else I should be doing to gear up?

Shito

I fell out of the game for a bit and feel so lost as to what I need to do to progress in endgame.

1) I'm level 20 titan. Should I be doing level 20 strike playlists? Did 4 last night and got one piece of loot worth using.

Cryptarch = running strike playlists
Reputation = running bounties and patrol missions
Marks = running daily mission and public events

Your main goal is to reach vanguard reputation 2, and then earn marks to buy the armor pieces you need / want. Same thing for vanguard reputation 3 and weapons.
Loot and drops are only a bonus in this process: you are not meant to gear up relying only on them.

First post in this thread has a great post 20 leveling guide. Basically, your vanguard rep to 2, grind marks and buy legendary gear. Can do the same with crucible rep and marks if you like playing PvP. Fastest way to get rep is to do patrols, but I'd do all the bounties first since it's not as boring.

Ridwald

Cryptarch = running strike playlists
Reputation = running bounties and patrol missions
Marks = running daily mission and public events

Your main goal is to reach vanguard reputation 2, and then earn marks to buy the armor pieces you need / want. Same thing for vanguard reputation 3 and weapons.
Loot and drops are only a bonus in this process: you are not meant to gear up relying only on them.

And if you go back to the first page of the thread you will find the links to the posts made by Hawkian who are really useful (they helped me for sure). They will guide you in process of leveling all that up.

Swag

Okay so normal raid starting whenever we fill.

1. Sebulon3k
2. Johan Liebert
3. Person
4. Person
5. Person
6. Person

Please just be 27+ and have decent weapons.

Cømet

Banned
Woot, hunter legendary arms from a blue engram, she's ready for a normal raid. Legs would be nice, but they're 850 vanguard rep away and I doubt being level 26 rather than 27 will be a problem for me.

Shame pretty much everything I need to upgrade at this point takes relic iron. That route someone posted last night (thanks for that) works well, got 50 odd pretty darn quick, but it's gone again even quicker. Need so damn much!

Tendo

And if you go back to the first page of the thread you will find the links to the posts made by Hawkian who are really useful (they helped me for sure). They will guide you in process of leveling all that up.

First post in this thread has a great post 20 leveling guide. Basically, your vanguard rep to 2, grind marks and buy legendary gear. Can do the same with crucible rep and marks if you like playing PvP. Fastest way to get rep is to do patrols, but I'd do all the bounties first since it's not as boring.

Thanks for pointing me to the OT. I don't know why I assumed the OT would still be the original one from launch...I'm not very clever...

If you want to play with (ie constantly revive) the worlds worst titan I'm tendo101 on PSN

deadlast

Got thunderlord for nightfall last night. This is the first non-mat drop I have ever received from a nightfall. Gotta do the heroic tonight.

Zakalwe

Banned
There was one exotic in the game left on my wish list. Plan c.

Playing crucible, top the board on the winning team with 4.75 k/d.

astropoff found Plan C.

It's been a good week. :3

Lone Wolf

Got thunderlord for nightfall last night. This is the first non-mat drop I have ever received from a nightfall. Gotta do the heroic tonight.

Wife got Thunderlord from our Nightfall yesterday. Is it any good? Her main machine gun is Zombie Apocalypse.

Daemul

I thought it was only for one win. So it sticks around until you win a match of that type. But I haven't tested that.

What I've noticed, is that if Control is the daily XP bonus mode, it tends to last the entire day, whilst other modes only last for one match. It's weird.

Stubo

Hawkmoon is PS exclusive, so this is not going to happen.

I'm hoping Gjallarhorn or The Last Word.
My man!

To add to the levelling advice, if you have enough strange coins it's worth considering picking up an exotic helmet from xur. Helmets are expensive to buy with marks and the hardest piece to come by in the raid, so it makes things easier.

Also saint 14 is awesome for defender titan.

Namikaze1

HawkianMoon

Xur, please bring Hawkmoon
TCAuC6E.gif

Hunter main to 29 with fully leveling my two pieces of raid gear so far, both alts to 28 with their one exotic fully leveled.. ended up with one shard to spare. Fuck you ascendant shards! You're not the boss of me anymore!

Ambitious

Damn, I just realized I still only have two legendary special weapons. The others are exotics. And both of them are Void too.
I shouldn't have dismantled so many, but I needed energy. And I still do!

SkylineRKR

I think Xur is going to sell either Suros or Hard Light. Or MIDA. I somehow think he won't offer TLW. I also suspect Gjaller and Ice Breaker won't be sold by him ever again, Thunderlord won't make it either.

Hard Light, Plan C can still be sold. Patience and Time will no doubt return a few times. MIDA I can see appearing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom