• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder_ur

On my Titan alt I feel like I never know the correct way to use the bubble shield in PvE scenarios. I try to pop it up when reviving or low on health, but it seems that any higher level enemies will just come into it and kill me there anyways, and since I can't shoot out of it I feel like a sitting duck. I also worry that it's just getting in the way of my teammates.

Any strategies?

Mupod

They are never going to nerf the SUROS Regime are they?
Perhaps the most OP weapon in PvP, an encounter with a SR user will most definitely end in a defeat.

Well, that explains why it feels like everyone in pvp is using it.

I really wish Bungie had put in a 'new player' playlist where everybody had the same gear and abilities. Halo 3 had something like this, if it was your first time playing online it put you in a matchmaking pool with all the other newbies. After a few matches it was no longer available and you had to go swim in the shark tank, but it was enough time to get used to the game. Destiny just has you up against exotic weapons and experienced players from your first match.

I'm generally doing much better now, since I recognize what works and what doesn't - for example I stopped using auto rifles because I could not win in a straight up fight against a suros regime. But one-shot weapons, vehicles, grenades all work fine. On the upside, after dying to superior weaponry so many times I don't feel bad about shotgunning people as they walk around corners. I was at an abysmal .60 kill/death ratio a few days ago but now I'm almost at 1. Had some 10+ kill streaks last night, I can't wait to try out Blink next time since it's almost unlocked.

deadlast

Wife got Thunderlord from our Nightfall yesterday. Is it any good? Her main machine gun is Zombie Apocalypse.
I don't know yet. I needed to complete my collection. I now have a Void, Solar, and Arc Machine Guns.

I'm looking at purchasing a Scout Rifle. I am debating on getting the dead orbit one.

On my Titan alt I feel like I never know the correct way to use the bubble shield in PvE scenarios. I try to pop it up when reviving or low on health, but it seems that any higher level enemies will just come into it and kill me there anyways, and since I can't shoot out of it I feel like a sitting duck. I also worry that it's just getting in the way of my teammates.

Any strategies?
What skills are you using(i.e. Armor/Weapons/Blessing of Light and all the other jazz)

Bladelaw

Well 3 nightfalls down
Bad Seed Down
SUROS Regime (2nd one)
9 Strange Coins

Not great but not terrible either. I'll try the unupgraded SUROS in crucible.

Now I just need to squeeze a raid in and see if I can finally get my gloves.

Shito

I don't know yet. I needed to complete my collection. I now have a Void, Solar, and Arc Machine Guns.

I'm looking at purchasing a Scout Rifle. I am debating on getting the dead orbit one.
I'm rocking the A.1F19X-Ryl from the vanguard vendor, and I really love it.
That "enemies killed by a precision shot explode" perk is soooooooo nice... <3

spyder_ur

What skills are you using(i.e. Armor/Weapons/Blessing of Light and all the other jazz)

I'm level 27. Generally rock VoC and P&T - Magnetic grenade, armor of light, war machine, relentless. I haven't got Illuminated yet but should soon.

Edit: That's the thing, I have trouble staying alive with any kind of regularity in close quarters on high-level content, even like the weekly heroic with lightswitch. More comfortable with longer range for that reason. So the bubble shield feels kind of pointless.

PvP it is obvious - throw it up on a busy area/control point and bash anyone who comes inside.

TP-DK

Two nightfalls done, and got a legendary scout rifle from both, and I was already swimming in scout rifles before.

The third Nightfall better give me the Hawkmoon.

DiscreteCat

Neo Member
Are people optimistic for Xur's visit to the tower tomorrow? I've got a feeling this might be the week he blesses us all with the power of the wolfpack.

Destiny |OT11| Take Xur's bull**** or Buy the Horn?

Sabotage

Any strategies?

You need to do everything you can to get Saints-14 Helm... It has a perk that when you pop your bubble shield enemies who enter it will go blind

Maybe Xur will have it tomorrow?

SkylineRKR

You need to do everything you can to get Saints-14 Helm... It has a perk that when you pop your bubble shield enemies who enter it will go blind

I have that stored in my vault. Found it once, but have no Titan yet. I knew how good it was.

spyder_ur

Thanks. So by "everything I can" you really mean hope Xur sells it or it randomly drops right?

Not trying to be sarcastic. OK, maybe a little. That's helpful though, haven't seen it yet.

I'm level 27. Generally rock VoC and P&T - Magnetic grenade, armor of light, war machine, relentless. I haven't got Illuminated yet but should soon.

Edit: That's the thing, I have trouble staying alive with any kind of regularity in close quarters on high-level content, even like the weekly heroic with lightswitch. More comfortable with longer range for that reason. So the bubble shield feels kind of pointless.

PvP it is obvious - throw it up on a busy area/control point and bash anyone who comes inside.
Personally, I've tried using Relentless and to me it doesn't warrant enough of a boost or extra duration to take it over Bastion. Also, replace War Machine with Unbreakable. The regeneration of Force Barrier is amazing.
Also, yeah, get Helm of Saint-14 if you can, as that can blind enemies who enter the bubble.

spyder_ur

Personally, I've tried using Relentless and to me it doesn't warrant enough of a boost or extra duration to take it over Bastion. Also, replace War Machine with Unbreakable. The regeneration of Force Barrier is amazing.
Also, yeah, get Helm of Saint-14 if you can, as that can blind enemies who enter the bubble.

Cool - so that's what happens to me in PvP sometimes. It's interesting - you really get to understand what each class' strengths and weaknesses are by playing alts.

This. Until I bought that helm I really regretted leveling the a defender titan. The blind effect makes the bubble 100 percent more useful as an defensive ability.

LiK

That's fun to walk into. I sometimes run in and just melee like crazy while blind. It feels great when I win, lol

Got the day off! I need to Run Nightfall with my 2 Alts (Warlock 28 and Titan 27). Need to run Weekly 28 with all 3 and need all 3 for Daily.

Anyone else on and want to do some slaying?!

PSN Nick_or_Dawood

Also open to Normal Raid

Shito

I just got locked out of the Kell's throne room.....

Thankfully someone joined me so I didn't have to start from the beginning again.
I had never had this happening to me, until a few weeks ago I was doing this daily with a friend. He told me how he got stuck by the door earlier on, while trying to solo the mission, and I was quite a bit surprised to learn of this bug. We get to Draksis, we snipe him, he enters, I'm a bit slow, and bam: locked outside of the room.
So, yeah, it seems that if you step inside the room but then step back, you get the door to lock you out. Same thing if you are playing coop and one of you enters in without the others. Stupid. ^^
BUT, when it happens, you can backtrack and suicide by jumping off the ship.

Also, that destinystatus website is NICE!

Bizazedo

Are people optimistic for Xur's visit to the tower tomorrow? I've got a feeling this might be the week he blesses us all with the power of the wolfpack.

Destiny |OT11| Take Xur's bull**** or Buy the Horn?

Xur will bring us Mida Multi-Tool or Universal Remote. He is slowly learning to love the salt.

I had never had this happening to me, until a few weeks ago I was doing this daily with a friend. He told me how he got stuck by the door earlier on, while trying to solo the mission, and I was quite a bit surprised to learn of this bug. We get to Draksis, we snipe him, he enters, I'm a bit slow, and bam: locked outside of the room.
So, yeah, it seems that if you step inside the room but then step back, you get the door to lock you out. Same thing if you are playing coop and one of you enters in without the others. Stupid. ^^
BUT, when it happens, you can backtrack and suicide by jumping off the ship.

Also, that destinystatus website is NICE!

I tried jumping off the ship, but I just respawned back where I was. I just killed myself with a rocket instead. ;)

LiK

I've really started to like using Mida in PVP with my Hunter. My K/D is inconsistent cuz I haven't fully adjusted my playstyle but I do much better in bigger maps now.

This. Until I bought that helm I really regretted leveling the a defender titan. The blind effect makes the bubble 100 percent more useful as an defensive ability.

You can also use it offensively. In PvP, sneak up to a group and pop that shit. In PvE... well, sneak up to a group and pop that shit. Or set it up in front of one of the spawn points in the raid and you'll have a lot of batshit crazy blind vex to take down.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
haha is anyone else really enjoying our community rituals as the group seems to solidfy?

love the Xur speculation phase of the week <3
What is "best" PVE secondary weapon Van Guard is selling with marks? If I wont get decent lege 2nd weapon before next tuesday reset I might buy one from VG.
Are you stacked on Solar secondary weapons? Light/Beware is fantastic.

The Hawk has chosen me as its disciple! I must spread the Word of the Hawk!
preach.
People will hate me but nope, it's my second Gjallahorn! :D

I dismantled that one too.
this is madness. you are a crazed disciple.
And if you go back to the first page of the thread you will find the links to the posts made by Hawkian who are really useful (they helped me for sure). They will guide you in process of leveling all that up.
Thank you!

Ugh, did the hard raid with my Level 30 Titan last night with my raid group.

I got every piece of raid armour, shards and energy. I don't need any of that. The new raid can't come soon enough as I feel like I am just going through the motions for no real reward at all.

I just want the damn Vex...

My Level 29 Hunter had a better roll on the hard raid, got fatebringer and found verdict, plus the rest of the raid gear she needs.

Hopefully my Level 26 Warlock suprises me during my normal raid run soon with a Vex.

Sabotage

Thanks. So by "everything I can" you really mean hope Xur sells it or it randomly drops right?

Not trying to be sarcastic. OK, maybe a little. That's helpful though, haven't seen it yet.

Yeah... make sure you have strange coins or motes of light as you could buy a random exotic engram that "could" have the helm...

But with RNG who knows, XUR sold chest pieces the last 2 times so maybe a helm is next?

haha is anyone else really enjoying our community rituals as the group seems to solidfy?

love the Xur speculation phase of the week <3

Are you stacked on Solar secondary weapons? Light/Beware is fantastic.

preach.

this is madness. you are a crazed disciple.

Thank you!

Did you get through the hard raid last night?

Agreed. The blind gives you the flexibility to go with the damage buff or temporary shield for party members that pass through the bubble. Without the helm, you're stuck using the 300% shield buff perk so that you can deal with whatever bum rushes you through the bubble.

The Helm of Saint-14 is probably the single most important piece for a Defender Titan if you're looking to expand your build options.

Shito

I tried jumping off the ship, but I just respawned back where I was. I just killed myself with a rocket instead. ;)
Strange, worked for me, but I had my friend dead in the boss room, so maybe that's why it worked here but not for you?

Has there ever been a "Kill 10 Cabal Majors or Ultras" Bounty? Seems odd that I've never seen it.
I THINK I saw it, yeah. But don't quote me on this one. ^^

Zakalwe

Banned
The perk to find more heavy ammo for it and 300 reserve ammo make me vastly prefer CM over TL.

Exactly this. It rains heavy ammo in the raid when you have it equipped. Persistence means you don't need the Stability perk at all so Field Scout and you get 100/200.

Pvp 100/50 from every heavy weapon spawn and room for another exotic.

<3

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Did you get through the hard raid last night?
Got to Atheon, got him to <50%. My adrenaline was pumping hard and I wanted to just keep hammering away at him but it was already 1am and a couple of ours had to go, so we're finishing it off on Sunday night. I want that bastard's soul.

By the way, I'll be at least attempting to take my Warlock through to lead our new group tonight. If thinks look really insurmountable I can switch back to my Hunter.

Need to see about getting to 28 on him right when I get home tonight, hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom