• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

I believe a single charge makes about 7-10 scatter shots.

1800 damage x 7-10 scatter shots = 12600-18000 damage x 5 (charge shots) = 63000-90000 damage

that excludes Weapons of Light buff.

Where's your god now, Athean?!

Ambitious

I'm just before the boss in the Nightfall. Anyone wants some easy loot? PSN is ps_flocki. If your level is high enough, feel free to join. Otherwise please wait until I invite you (need to bring the boss' energy down first).

koryuken

RNGesus trolled me so hard, all I can do is laugh. I just need the raid chest to hit level 30. We beat Atheon on hard and I got TWO fucking!!! helmets and a ship lol. I have a screenshot with 3 raid helmets in my inventory .I destroyed one, kept the other in the bank as a momento.

Forever 29...

Lima

I think the loot table really bugged out this week for Atheon on hard.

First run I got 3 energy and the arm piece for the hunter. Like I've never seen that before. Only saw him drop helmets.

Second run I got 3 VoC. Yes 3 of them and nothing else. That was some weird stuff.

Got the bounty for Super Good Advice last night. Anyone want to share how they like the gun? Only exotic heavy I currently have is Truth, but I've got a maxed void Unfriendly Giant with tracking, an arc Zombie Apocalypse, and a maxed solar The Swarm.

My biggest issue with these exotic bounties is the PvP time to put in. Typically tough for me to find PS3 folks to team with, and I'm not the biggest fan of PvP for this game as a solo player. I've put off the Bad JuJu bounty because I keep reading that the gun itself sucks, so if SGA isn't better than what I currently have, I may blow it off.

RNGesus trolled me so hard, all I can do is laugh. I just need the raid chest to hit level 30. We beat Atheon on hard and I got TWO fucking!!! helmets and a ship lol. I have a screenshot with 3 raid helmets in my inventory .I destroyed one, kept the other in the bank as a momento.

Forever 29...

Yep, I've gotten 3 boots and 2 gloves, 0 chests.

Forever 29

Pickman

Got the bounty for Super Good Advice last night. Anyone want to share how they like the gun? Only exotic heavy I currently have is Truth, but I've got a maxed void Unfriendly Giant with tracking, an arc Zombie Apocalypse, and a maxed solar The Swarm.

My biggest issue with these exotic bounties is the PvP time to put in. Typically tough for me to find PS3 folks to team with, and I'm not the biggest fan of PvP for this game as a solo player. I've put off the Bad JuJu bounty because I keep reading that the gun itself sucks, so if SGA isn't better than what I currently have, I may blow it off.

It's garbage, but it also only takes an hour to complete the whole bounty once you get in touch with Xur as long as you have the strange coin. It's nice to have just because it has a funny name. I've been leveling mine through bounties for a week now but have seen no appreciable increase in gun quality. It might serve as a pretty good suppressing fire weapon in Crucible matches with that 4 out of every 5 missed rounds returning to the magazine perk.

and_sama

Neo Member
On my Titan alt I feel like I never know the correct way to use the bubble shield in PvE scenarios. I try to pop it up when reviving or low on health, but it seems that any higher level enemies will just come into it and kill me there anyways, and since I can't shoot out of it I feel like a sitting duck. I also worry that it's just getting in the way of my teammates.

Any strategies?

well you have 3 bubbles :

-AOL , which give a shield while ur inside , I use it in near death situation or if i saw a group of enemies and o wanted to punch them all . this my main bubbles when playing solo . u shoild also notice that when ur bubble shield is about to vanish u can get out then enter it refill .

-BOL, which give a shield when u pass through it , never used it b4 but it might suit ur need .

-WoL , that give u a 30% increase in ur weapon attack . I always use it when playing with others . everyone usually pass through a titan bubble when they see it . so it benefit everyone .

Geneijin

Exactly this. It rains heavy ammo in the raid when you have it equipped. Persistence means you don't need the Stability perk at all so Field Scout and you get 100/200.

Pvp 100/50 from every heavy weapon spawn and room for another exotic.

<3
Also, maybe it's just my luck, but I like how I never lose ammo when equipping Corrective Measure unlike Hezen Vengeance (rocket launcher) after dying in a raid.

Lima

Lol see post above.

I mean I read an explanation that Atheon's loot table is bugged if you beat him straight on hard without doing easy first.

Most of the time the game only picks loot from hard instead of easy and hard like with all the other drops.

Makes sense if you think about it because of the double helmet drops and I've never seen someone get Chatterwhite on hard.

huh? i thought that one drops only after finishing Atheon? never saw it drop before...

Uh maybe I didn't make that clear enough. I got 3 VoC from the same drop after beating Atheon.

koryuken

I believe a single charge makes about 7-10 scatter shots.

1800 damage x 7-10 scatter shots = 12600-18000 damage x 5 (charge shots) = 63000-90000 damage

that excludes Weapons of Light buff.

Where's your god now, Athean?!

Holy Jesus. I have one and leveling it up now. I had no idea it does bonkers damage like that. Thank you for the heads up.

Ambitious

I'm just before the boss in the Nightfall. Anyone wants some easy loot? PSN is ps_flocki. If your level is high enough, feel free to join. Otherwise please wait until I invite you (need to bring the boss' energy down first).

Health is down to 5%.

edit: Sorry, too late.

Namikaze1

Holy Jesus. I have one and leveling it up now. I had no idea it does bonkers damage like that. Thank you for the heads up.
It only does that amount against Athean though. Regular damage is around the 180-220 range.

Edit: I actually seen it go up to the 240 range. Gonna need to check mines out later to see how much it really does. It varies from time to time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I mean I read an explanation that Atheon's loot table is bugged if you beat him straight on hard without doing easy first.

Most of the time the game only picks loot from hard instead of easy and hard like with all the other drops.

Makes sense if you think about it because of the double helmet drops and I've never seen someone get Chatterwhite on hard.

Uh maybe I didn't make that clear enough. I got 3 VoC from the same drop after beating Atheon.
We had a double fatebringer drop for somebody in my hard raid group last night, so this isn't unique to atheon

spyder_ur

Yeah... make sure you have strange coins or motes of light as you could buy a random exotic engram that "could" have the helm...

But with RNG who knows, XUR sold chest pieces the last 2 times so maybe a helm is next?

Plenty and plenty of coins and motes, that's for sure.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I just realize how much I need a Hunter chestpiece of some kind, so that's my #1 fingers crossed

I also want
The Last Word
Universal Remote
No Backup Plans
Apotheosis Veil
Voidfang Vestments
Sunbreakers :X

Will probably wind up buying an armor piece of some sort or another regardless of what he has, just for completion XD

Of course, my number one hope is that he arrives with the Horn. GJALLAR TO THE PEOPLE.

Jito

Banned
Welp just got my second legendary engram ever and it turned into ascendant energy again.
89754-SHEEIT-gif-Clay-Davis-The-Wire-R90q.gif

Haybro

Yep, I've gotten 3 boots and 2 gloves, 0 chests.

Forever 29

Forever 29...

I'm with you bros.. All I need is the chest. Forever 29 indeed.

It's garbage, but it also only takes an hour to complete the whole bounty once you get in touch with Xur as long as you have the strange coin. It's nice to have just because it has a funny name. I've been leveling mine through bounties for a week now but have seen no appreciable increase in gun quality. It might serve as a pretty good suppressing fire weapon in Crucible matches with that 4 out of every 5 missed rounds returning to the magazine perk.
Thanks, I may just do it and bite the PvP bullet. I really wish you could store these bounties.

Karl2177

Go 29 imo. You might be there a while before you get the gear for 30, and soon you'll have more shards than you can use.

And yes, the new raid will be 28 and 32. If they haven't confirmed it already I think this is a very safe bet.
Misplaced confidence. DLC raid will start at 30.

Pickman

Thanks, I may just do it and bite the PvP bullet. I really wish you could store these bounties.

That one doesn't take pvp kills, just enemies. I went to the airplane boneyard on earth and with a blue machine gun equipped just delicately feathered the trigger to head shot dregs. It took me 1 heavy weapon bullet cake but I got it done in around an hour. You get 3 points per head shot kill.

Do we really think the raid armour from the new raid will bring you below 30 when equipped unleveled?

Would be pretty shitty to take your character down below 30 for no real reason. Especially given the new raid will be level 30 on normal and 32 on hard.

Shito

I think I saw it once too. I also noticed that the Kill 3 Firewalkers bounty no longer appears. Guess they got too many complaints about that one.
Oh yeah, that's right! Didn't even noticed!
I'm surprised they didn't leave it, nerfing it to 25 rep / 1225 xp instead, "because Bungie"...

Temidien

Neo Member
Three raids played on my Titan alt and still no gear. Oh well, still praying RNGesus for bestowing on me the glory that is Hawkmoon last night in a raid chest.

If you ever get the opportunity to play with Kor of Memory, do it. Enjoyable chap, had a blast in his party last night.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Do we really think the raid armour from the new raid will bring you below 30 when equipped unleveled?

Would be pretty shitty to take your character down below 30 for no real reason. Especially given the new raid will be level 30 on normal and 32 on hard.

Couldn't you just level it up? Not sure I understand the problem...

Bladelaw

I think I saw it once too. I also noticed that the Kill 3 Firewalkers bounty no longer appears. Guess they got too many complaints about that one.

The Cabal Majors/Ultras has happened at least once. The 3 Devil Walkers was only a Queen bounty I thought.

LordofPwn

Did gatekeepers and atheon with my hunter for first time on normal last night. got chest piece and Patience & Time.

Since reset:
NF1: Thunderlord
NF2: Legendary Shotgun
NF3: Ice Breaker (2nd. Won't dismantle)
NR1C3: Hunter Raid Chest Piece
NR1C4: Patience & Time (2nd. will dismantle later, maybe)
HR1: tonight Need helm, Hezen Vengeance, and Timepiece, and lots of shards, maybe some energies, and of course exotics i don't have.

Good week so far. I expect it to go downhill soon.

realcZk

I think part of the reason the patches take so long is because this game is on last gen as well, and Bungie has to figure out how to add content within the confines of 512MB of RAM for content parity's sake. When DeeJ said on reddit that a lot of the UI mockup posts would be very "memory intensive" to implement, it got me thinking. Destiny is probably pushing 512MB ram to the limit as is, so any features they want to add to the game have to come to last gen as well as per a parity agreement they signed with Activision. Destiny could be a much larger scale game if it didn't have to abide by 8 year old hardware restrictions on nextgen hardware.

raindoc

Sorry, misread.

Of course, my number one hope is that he arrives with the Horn. GJALLAR TO THE PEOPLE.

This, so much. I'm longing for Fatebringer or a VoC, but G'horn is certainly the single most useful weapon in Destiny that I'm missing at this point.

Re: DLC-Raid - why would it be 30-32 when the first one was 26-30?

Lone Wolf

I don't know yet. I needed to complete my collection. I now have a Void, Solar, and Arc Machine Guns.

I'm looking at purchasing a Scout Rifle. I am debating on getting the dead orbit one.

I use the Vanguard A1F(more letters and numbers) and it has treated me well in PvE

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm with you bros.. All I need is the chest. Forever 29 indeed.

Forever 29 brofist

The only raid gear I've ever received is a pair of gloves on my hunter, one time. I hate how they look too >_<

Honestly, I'm not even mad though. This is the RNG luck I'm completely used to in games. Destiny has already been many times more generous to me than I usually experience, I even got my #1 most desired item live on stream. If I am condemned to 29-hell forever, so be it.

Of course, the Hard raid is pretty damn fun and I want to be able to oneshot hobgoblins with the relic again ;___;

Lima

What's this talk about lvl 30 and 32 for easy and hard for the next raid? You guys cray. They are not gonna lock out a majority of the player base and not even let them be properly geared for the easy raid.

That shit is gonna start at 28 and you know it. We might face the same situation as now where the enemies get stronger as you progress through the raid but it ain't gonna start at 30.

It only does that amount against Athean though. Regular damage is around the 180-220 range.

Edit: I actually seen it go up to the 240 range. Gonna need to check mines out later to see how much it really does. It varies from time to time.

Is this phenomenon limited only to the foil or can we use other fusion rifles to take atheon's lunch money?

LordofPwn

I think part of the reason the patches take so long is because this game is on last gen as well, and Bungie has to figure out how to add content within the confines of 512MB of RAM for content parity's sake. When DeeJ said on reddit that a lot of the UI mockup code was "memory intensive" it got me thinking. Destiny is probably pushing 512MB ram to the limit as is, so any features they want to add to the game have to come to last gen as well as per a parity agreement they signed with Activision. Destiny could be a much larger scale game if it didn't have to abide by 8 year old hardware restrictions on nextgen hardware.

this. plus imagine having to pass cert on 4 different versions, spread across 3 very different architectures, and 2 generations. I mean they have to publish simultaneously too. Logistical nightmare, and having to deal with lowest common denominator doesn't help either.

Destiny 2 could be a lot better if they cut PS3/X360 support

Is this phenomenon limited only to the foil or can we use other fusion rifles to take atheon's lunch money?

Plan C should rip him a few new ones

realcZk

this. plus imagine having to pass cert on 4 different versions, spread across 3 very different architectures, and 2 generations. I mean they have to publish simultaneously too. Logistical nightmare, and having to deal with lowest common denominator doesn't help either.

Destiny 2 could be a lot better if they cut PS3/X360 support

a complete nightmare for sure, i would not want to be involved in something like that. i wonder how many of their sales and profits were from last gen, its obviously the biggest install base but i'd be curious to see how they stack up to next gen profits

LordofPwn

a complete nightmare for sure, i would not want to be involved in something like that. i wonder how many of their sales and profits were from last gen, its obviously the biggest install base but i'd be curious to see how they stack up to next gen profits

PS4 and XBO sold better for sure. not sure by how much though. And they had that upgrade program too. I believe they were really pushing current gen so that when the sequel does come they have no reason at all to bring it to last gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom