• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Has anyone intentionally decrypted exotic engrams using a different class then what they need the helm/chest for? I'm almost convinced I'd have better odds getting a Titan helmet decrypting with my Warlock than my Titan. Who should I burn my motes with tonight? hmmm

EL CUCO

Wow. That's the kind of dedication that I had the night before...

My 3rd night in a row of 3 hrs of sleep. 2 1/2 hours today, thanks to Xur -__-
3s2uPj7.jpg

X-Frame

We're all gear-juggling and need to farm some XP tonight. LOL Gotta level up this new stuff. 31 and Crota is toast.
eventually
;)

X, you going to put down Armamentarium for the Wings? They do look amazing and would give us even more HOLLAHORN rounds...
Because one can never have enough

Haha, I think so. Another benefit to Ruin Wings is that they are not subject to the ammo bug when you die like The Armamentarium is, so you'll hold 5 rockets which is 2 less than the other, but you'll hopefully be getting more drops & each drop gives 3 rockets (according to Nami I believe), which means you just need 2 drops to keep Gjallarhorn fully stocked.

I lose the dual flash bangs though and all the Discipline to go with it, but obviously I can swap to Armamentarium during the (Raid Spoiler)
second phase of CE
if I need to.

bucyou55

Banned
so the exotic helmet i got for my titan starts out at more defense/light than the maxed out exotic i had, rendering my beloved helm of saint-13 useless.. thanks bungie

Also would like to run a raid (vog or CE) with Gaffers, randoms from destinylfg arent really cutting it, psn same as username

Just got three legendary engrams from heroic & nightly. The first 2 turned into shards and energy, by this point I'm facepalming until the 3rd turned into... MOTHER EFFING HAWKMOON! I'm psyched to say the least.

So what I wrote a few pages back:

Results for 50 minutes:
Started with 3,500 Glimmer, 20 Resupply Codes (Used 5 in total, 10:00 minutes each)
iftg5B9.jpg

8 deaths per (cycles), till I had to use a new Resupply Code to continue farming:
HFz8RZg.jpg

So I ended up with 21.5K Glimmer and 18 Network Keys (250 Glimmer each) for an extra 4500 Glimmer Bonus, and netted myself an extra 13 Resupply Codes
Need to do it 2 more times after I buy upgrade items from Xur right now, once to get the rest, then last to save up when I'll have to slot in the bubbles

Do you know how ridiculous this is? You're going to be spending 3 hours doing something which poses no challenge, has no objective and is simply a treadmill created by the absurdly low glimmer cap in order to upgrade items you already have and have likely invested several dozens hours of upgrading into already.

Hoodbury

We're all gear-juggling and need to farm some XP tonight. LOL Gotta level up this new stuff. 31 and Crota is toast.
eventually
;)

X, you going to put down Armamentarium for the Wings? They do look amazing and would give us even more HOLLAHORN rounds...
Because one can never have enough
My mistake was I used up all my marks and commendation thing already on buying all the new vendor gear except the helm expecting Xur to either sell or upgrade one of the ones I have. doh. And since all we've been doing is raiding all week so far I haven't been playing crucible to build up more marks or get close to rolling over a new rank for a new commandation to buy the vendor helm.
Man...I spent 30 motes on rerolling a Timurs Lash. Now it's pretty useless. What a terrible feeling.

Ya, I spent over 30 on the fusion rifle. At least mine still is useful for crucible. Dat fast charge time.

Deku Tree

How to get 2nd raid chest in one playthrough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE0vR8iit3o

I was upset that I forgot to ask the team I was playing with to do that yesterday. Seems like a pretty obvious thing to do. Once you get in the chest room leave someone in there and just keep alt switching. The person in the room can keep opening the door for everyone else.

Wasn't Deej going to address why VoG is still dropping old exotics in last night's update?

I don't remember hearing that. I thought he just said that something interesting is coming eventually to keep the VoG relevant. Bungie doesn't want to give you too many chances to farm 331 attack exotics.

Qwell

Going to be spending some coins tonight, kind of glad I had been saving my strange coins, think I'm up to over 160 and I need to upgrade 2x Ice Breakers, will buy another Truth, Symbiote probably along with Voidfang Vest ... I just hope the helm engram will turn into a warlock helmet so I can hit 31 with him tonight.

bucyou55

Banned
Anyone kill the thrash yet for that eris bounty we had to exhange with xur? Wondering if we get a reward or some shit for it after its complete or just rep

Splurged on Xur today.

Upgraded Ice Breaker, which was the only relevant upgrade available (I have a Thorn Bounty nearly complete). Achlyophage Symbiote I'd rather upgrade than purchase.

Bought Truth, rounding out my rocket launchers.

Bought 3 exotic helmet engrams. Each yielded a different class, luckily landing on Hunter with the last. The Glasshouse (Titan), Obsidian Mind (Warlock), and ATS/8 Arachnid (Hunter). Only need a set of 33 gloves to take me to level 31, and if I get a full set drop in the Raid I'll get to 32.

Not bad at the end of the day. Is there anything else Xur is selling that is worth looking into?

Top Bottom