• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Carl

Damn it Xur, why you no offer upgrade for my helmet :( I like the Helm of Saint-14. The blindness thing is pretty useful. But i suppose i either have to buy engrams or wait til he offers an upgrade.

Sigh.

arimanius

Finally getting Symbiote for my hunter! After I get that it looks like I can upgrade two things.

Icebreaker, thorn, Suros, and armamentarium. Icebreaker is a no brainer. I'm up for opinions on the other ones. I could even just buy the new ruin wings instead if upgrading an additional one.

Thoughts? Leaning towards Suros but thorn is so tempting as well.

ERMint13

LETS DEFEAT CROTA ONCE AND FOR ALL!

I would like to put together a group to help defeat Crota.

Sometime tomorrow, if you have defeated him and are willing to help that would be amazing! Truths, Gjhallerhorns and Icebreakers a must. Level 31s would be great too!

Experience on Knight duty and Sword Experience would be great too!

Saturday at 7:00pm EST?

1. Byron Bluth - PSN: Cosmos_Man - Level 31 Titan
2. k1t4j - PSN: Kitaj84 - Level 31 Hunter
3. LollipoPReapeR - Details?
4. death4romabove22 - PSN:??? - Level 30 Hunter and Warlock

Would love some folks who have defeated Crota and an experienced Sword user!

Computer? Drizzay?

Do you have the Crota checkpoint if so I can jump in and help.

Brolly1016(already friends) Level 31 Titan

spyder_ur

I was not burning the midnight oil last night. I was off before 11:30

Not too much longer than me then, I think. Thanks for taking me on the initial run and the retry on Crota. Felt like 30 wasn't too big of a detriment which was a bit of a relief.

Absolutely love the new raid and the
change of pace from VoG.

Sometime tomorrow, if you have defeated him and are willing to help that would be amazing! Truths, Gjhallerhorns and Icebreakers a must. Level 31s would be great too!

Computer? Drizzay?
I'm in if you're okay with 8PM EST. Almost had Crota yesterday but my team had to bail. Got him down to like 20%. Got Gjhallerhorns and I'm going to level up the new Icebreaker I upgraded from Xur for tomorrow.

PSN: EroticSushi

30 Warlock

Deku Tree

Who would win in this fight - Atheon + his Adds vs. Crota + his Adds?
Edit: Assume they are the same level

I was not burning the midnight oil last night. I was off before 11:30

I wonder what time it was when Drizzay helped them finally Defeat Crota...

Since Atheon is unable to damage Crota and has poor timing, I assume that th Gatelord hiding in Crota's chamber would solo Atheon.

Coconut

Banned
Finally getting Symbiote for my hunter! After I get that it looks like I can upgrade two things.

Icebreaker, thorn, Suros, and armamentarium. Icebreaker is a no brainer. I'm up for opinions on the other ones. I could even just buy the new ruin wings instead if upgrading an additional one.

Thoughts? Leaning towards Suros but thorn is so tempting as well.

Where are you getting Symbiote from? never mind it's for sale.

My game plan:

- upgrade gamebreaker
- get symbiote for hunter
- buy engrams till i hopefully get a titan helm (HoS14/glasshouse please)
- pump all my saved xp into gamebreaker and new gear
- do urn quest for titan legendary gauntlets
- do weekly
- RAID

at that point my titan will have the gear for 31 if all goes as planned, but i doubt ill have time to upgrade it all before the raid so i'll still use my lock

You should swap step 2 and step 3... what if you buy the Symbiote and then get one when you try for the titan helm? That, my friend, that would be bad news.

I'm down to do the urn quest and weekly as well so save me a spot. I will hopefully be home a little early today to knock out some of the other stuff.

RAID TIME TONIGHT. I can see the possibility of some people dropping off to sleep and a couple people remaining behind to "explore" whatever part of the raid we're up to. Obviously, I'll be part of the latter group.

realcZk

You should swap step 2 and step 3... what if you buy the Symbiote and then get one when you try for the titan helm? That, my friend, that would be bad news.

I'm down to do the urn quest and weekly as well so save me a spot. I will hopefully be home a little early today to knock out some of the other stuff.

RAID TIME TONIGHT. I can see the possibility of some people dropping off to sleep and a couple people remaining behind to "explore" whatever part of the raid we're up to. Obviously, I'll be part of the latter group.

ahhhh, i knew there was a reason i kept you around, good call!

i slept like absolute shit last night man.. gonna have to stock up on caffeine before the raid, some train decided to pass through town at 1am and 3am and blast its horn for days...

Did you beat Crota? Willing to help my group I posted above?

Have yet to best him. It's a bad time for me then though.

Man you were missed. The other guy we had was so fucking annoying.

Same strat really. We just killed everything faster this time.

Need to use it on some scrubs in PvP before I can form a solid opinion. I think it requires 127,500 XP to upgrade it fully :/

Yeah had power issues all fucking day. I just want to hit 31 man lol

MADGAME

Crota

That motherfucker is quick and his sword will kill Atheon from insane range. Crota doesn't even need Time's Vengeance. When he gets ported he can just run straight for the door and ignore the oracles.

Crota's Spirit Bomb > Oracles

Crota would simply push Atheon off of the level.

Atheon. He'd just teleport all of Crota's adds somewhere else and beat him down from a distance.

Since Atheon is unable to damage Crota and has poor timing, I assume that th Gatelord hiding in Crota's chamber would solo Atheon.

I want this to be a thing in Destiny. Some form of "The enemy is moving against each other" but for bosses.

Not too much longer than me then, I think. Thanks for taking me on the initial run and the retry on Crota. Felt like 30 wasn't too big of a detriment which was a bit of a relief.
Absolutely love the new raid and the
change of pace from VoG.
Anytime, let's do it again soon. Going to sort out Xur when I get home, then farm some quick glimmer for Xur round 2. I still have a entire raid to run on an alt, and still have to beat Crota on my other 2.

I wonder what time it was when Drizzay helped them finally Defeat Crota...
Not sure but definitely past my nite nite.

EL CUCO

Who would win in this fight - Atheon + his Adds vs. Crota + his Adds?
Edit: Assume they are the same level

I would love to watch this happen.

Preatorian/Minotaurs vs Knights
Hobs/Gobs vs Thralls/Acolytes
Suplicants vs Cursed Thralls
Gatekeeper vs Sword bearer
Atheon vs Crota

If Atheon is teleporting, that's a wrap for Hive. They're too stupid to coordinate on Oracles lol

LiK

gonna do Vanguard Roc strikes tonight.. I would prefer a full team over a randoms, so if you see me in Orbit, invite me.

Greenymac

Any spots left open for this? I have no experience in Crotas End yet, but will be 31 with all the necessary toold for destruction. Let me know by PM if you can cosmos. Sometimes this thread just moves too fast when im at work.

ahhhh, i knew there was a reason i kept you around, good call!

i slept like absolute shit last night man.. gonna have to stock up on caffeine before the raid, some train decided to pass through town at 1am and 3am and blast its horn for days...

Yeah, I mean, you certainly don't keep me around for my Destiny playing skills (although I seem to be improving markedly over the last week or two in both PvP and PvE).

I recommend Red Bull. Lots of it. Hold the vodka though. Either that or maybe take a 1-2 hour nap when you get home.

Strider

Well I upgraded my IceBreaker and even though I'm not a fan of bladedancer I upgraded my Mask of the Third Man too. I heard bladedancer was good throughout the raid so figured why not. I am pretty much out of glimmer though. I did a couple of exclusion zone runs just to get the glimmer to upgrade the 2 exotics. It'll be a while before I can actually upgrade everything to reach level 31 so no raiding for me this weekend.

Computer? Drizzay?

I'm gonna be 31 by then (warlock). Have 30 hunter too.

Gambled with engrams and I need a Titan helm and I get knucklehead radar for hunter (meh) and the Warlock Apotheosis Veil. I have exactly 23 motes left, but I would like some to gamble chest engrams and possibly iron banner.... The gamble addiction is real today.

realcZk

I don't suppose it does, but can anyone confirm if the new raid gives XP for kills? I understand why they might make it not, since it could be easy to "farm".

LiK

I don't suppose it does, but can anyone confirm if the new raid gives XP for kills? I understand why they might make it not, since it could be easy to "farm".

it doesn't. I would've had a few upgrades if it did considering how many adds we killed last night.

X-Frame

It doesn't. Or else the raid would max everyone's glimmer after just 1 run. I wish though!

the vault is so slow paced compared to crota's end

i kinda like that they're different.

they should bump the vault to level 32 to keep it relevant.

phen0m24

Ruin Wings must be worn with Thunderdevil, as they don't change color with shaders. That sort of sucks, but good thing Thunderdevil is a great shader.

No Titan helm from Xur? Bahh, my whole master plan to get to 31 ruined? Hmm, gotta figure something new out.

We're all gear-juggling and need to farm some XP tonight. LOL Gotta level up this new stuff. 31 and Crota is toast.
eventually
;)

X, you going to put down Armamentarium for the Wings? They do look amazing and would give us even more HOLLAHORN rounds...
Because one can never have enough

Top Bottom