• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Sullichin

So, do the gloves you can get from the Urn quest dismantle into ass shards? I'm betting not. Probably won't even bother with the bounty if that's the case... anyone know?

X-Frame

Man...I spent 30 motes on rerolling a Timurs Lash. Now it's pretty useless. What a terrible feeling.

This is a good point, but that is because the last IB was at the tail end of the first cycle of content, whereas I assume this upcoming IB will have 331 Attack weapons and +33 Light armor (or maybe even +36 Light armor), so the motes will be more useful.

A terrible feeling for me is gambling on engrams only to get ones that are duplicates or worse stats, and there are so many exotic helms that the odds of getting that 1-2 you want are very low.

Just trying to rationalize my decision to hold onto my Motes for IB, haha.

Jinjo

You can roll the dice on the engram. I scored twice on it this morning with exactly what I wanted!

I rolled it twice today too. Got Insurmountable Skullfort that I got from the Nightfall this week and Light Beyond Nemesis that I already had. Luckily I hadn't upgraded that one yet....

This is a good point, but that is because the last IB was at the tail end of the first cycle of content, whereas I assume this upcoming IB will have 331 Attack weapons and +33 Light armor (or maybe even +36 Light armor), so the motes will be more useful.

A terrible feeling for me is gambling on engrams only to get ones that are duplicates or worse stats, and there are so many exotic helms that the odds of getting that 1-2 you want are very low.

Just trying to rationalize my decision to hold onto my Motes for IB, haha.

Same thing happened to me. Engram gave me Symbiote with worse stats than the one I already had. At least it will give 36 light...

R0ckman

Is Xur selling any of the DLC items? All I really did this morning was check and notice that there was nothing I wanted, upgraded my IB, bought two engrams, turned them into shards, need to buy one more engram later today.

How to get 2nd raid chest in one playthrough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE0vR8iit3o

Awaiting LFG to be filled with people looking for chest spawn.

R0ckman said:
Is Xur selling any of the DLC items? All I really did this morning was check and notice that there was nothing I wanted, upgraded my IB, bought two engrams, turned them into shards, need to buy one more engram later today.

Ruined Wings, Titan gauntlets

Hoodbury

Where's Coy? Does he read GAF? You still up for Thorn tonight? I also need the nightfall and weekly if you do to. Could also do the Eris missions on heroic if you still need them.

GobFather

is it worth upgrading your weapons with xur? like my ice breaker?.. I don't really want to regain exp for that weapon... but it will be helpful in raid..? i hope >_>

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I need to grind the hell out of some ROC strikes this weekend. I want to switch over to Hunter as my main so that's 150 marks for a chest and gauntlets. Then I have to farm VoG, Dailies and PE's for shards.

It never ends.

is it worth upgrading your weapons with xur? like my ice breaker?.. I don't really want to regain exp for that weapon... but it will be helpful in raid..? i hope >_>

I just upgraded mine after a quick glimmer run. Ice Breaker's greatness doesn't involve the various XP upgrades.

Arrrammis

Has anyone gotten the public event part of the eris mission in skywatch to spawn? The timer isn't on the Destiny public events website.

For Icebreaker absolutely. Reupgrading is a pain, but ICE breaker perks aren't as big of a deal as say Wolfpack rounds on Gjallarhorn.

Wallach

Black Hammer looks like it does about 3.2% more base damage than Ice Breaker per round against the Devil Walker in Cosmodrome (Patrol mode) testing my 287 (or 283? whatever it is just before it crosses 300 attack via upgrades) vs my upgraded 302 Ice Breaker. I'm not sure if the attack discrepancy matters on an Ultra even when the zone is way below you like that, but I'm guessing not.

Devil Walker is one of those guys that you could absolutely shred from full to dead with Black Hammer without ever reloading or using any reserve ammo fairly easily. It's also going to make a joke out of some other guys, like the Archon Priest. You could stunlock him yourself for the entire fight without moving an inch.

So if I don't have a GHorn, I should definitely buy a Truth for Crota's End?

It's a poor man's Gjallarhorn. This is Bungie's way of throwing a bone for CE, but still trolling and refusing to grasp the much needed goodwill of the community that would be garnered by giving us Gjallarhorn.

SharkJAW

So if I don't have a GHorn, I should definitely buy a Truth for Crota's End?
It's not really all that special, imo. Using Thorn did me more good on a certain enemy type in the raid. If you have a great amount of coins to spend, you can get it, but I wouldn't call it essential.

EL CUCO

I rolled it twice today too. Got Insurmountable Skullfort that I got from the Nightfall this week and Light Beyond Nemesis that I already had. Luckily I hadn't upgraded that one yet....

Atleast you got a "Free" upgrade and exotic shard so all is not lost lol

I lucked out on my Warlock and got Apotheosis Veil. I used to think that Helm was pretty useless but the life regenerating perks will come in very handy for presence of Crota butt cheeks, and it's universal :)

R0ckman

Do you get the quest completion if you die when fighting Urz? I did it this morning and noticed that someone else was fighting him, took out my upgraded IB to do some significant chunks here and there, the other guy did most of the work but died. I finished him off completed the quest and noticed the other guy regenerated and left the map. I hope he got it too, that would suck to wait for him to spawn and have that happen.

realcZk

It's a poor man's Gjallarhorn. This is Bungie's way of throwing a bone for CE, but still trolling and refusing to grasp the much needed goodwill of the community that would be garnered by giving us Gjallarhorn.

If you have a hezen vengeance you're better off with that, Truth doesn't do much damage. It's about 2k for the initial blast and 700-ish following for a total of about 3.1k damage. A good sniper will out dps a truth, especially gamebreaker. Truth is nice if you have a hard time hitting moving targets.

So I need to make a lvl 7 alt to get an exotic weapon? kinda poop is that? No more character slots and I'm sure as hell not deleting this grind progress.

Eh, vault the gear, remake the alt, it is like 6 hours to get back to lvl 20 (subclass reset is worse though). I bet a lot of folks do that if this is the only way to get the drop. Talk about grinding...

If you have a hezen vengeance you're better off with that, Truth doesn't do much damage. It's about 2k for the initial blast and 700-ish following for a total of about 3.1k damage. A good sniper will out dps a truth, especially gamebreaker. Truth is nice if you have a hard time hitting moving targets.

Truth does have tracking though right? I do have a maxed Hezen but am considering a Truth just for 5he tracking perk.

Deku Tree

I bought three exotic engrams... I figure 23 motes is cheap for an exotic shard. I got two copies of the DLC titan helm and my least favorite exotic warlock helm. So only one exotic shard.

Top Bottom