• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Drubbed

Banned
37 coins and 30 motes, I guess a gamble the helm and pray then if that fails just buy the upgrade for my hunter... Need 7k glimmer for my IB upgrade also!

zewone

Black Hammer looks like it does about 3.2% more base damage than Ice Breaker per round against the Devil Walker in Cosmodrome (Patrol mode) testing my 287 (or 283? whatever it is just before it crosses 300 attack via upgrades) vs my upgraded 302 Ice Breaker. I'm not sure if the attack discrepancy matters on an Ultra even when the zone is way below you like that, but I'm guessing not.

Devil Walker is one of those guys that you could absolutely shred from full to dead with Black Hammer without ever reloading or using any reserve ammo fairly easily. It's also going to make a joke out of some other guys, like the Archon Priest. You could stunlock him yourself for the entire fight without moving an inch.

This makes me extremely envious of people who got the sniper drop.

I have two other characters to beat Crota with so fingers crossed.

Ambitious

boots, chest and helmet all in one run

of the vault of glass

:lol

That was my smoothest and funniest HM raid so far. Thanks, everyone! And I finally got the raid helmet. And even the Praetorian Foil, though I'm not sure if it still makes sense to upgrade it.

Taking a short break before trying Crota's End blindly.

It's a poor man's Gjallarhorn. This is Bungie's way of throwing a bone for CE, but still trolling and refusing to grasp the much needed goodwill of the community that would be garnered by giving us Gjallarhorn.

If you have a hezen vengeance you're better off with that, Truth doesn't do much damage. It's about 2k for the initial blast and 700-ish following for a total of about 3.1k damage. A good sniper will out dps a truth, especially gamebreaker. Truth is nice if you have a hard time hitting moving targets.

Thanks guys.

Hmmm...no GHorn, no IceBreaker, no Hezen. Truth it is! Going to be a pain upgrading it alongside my refurbished Suros.

That was my smoothest and funniest HM raid so far. Thanks, everyone! And I finally got the raid helmet. And even the Praetorian Foil, though I'm not sure if it still makes sense to upgrade it.

Taking a short break before trying Crota's End blindly.

If you guys need a 30 Titan, let me know. (silvertongueBR)

I'm not going in blind, but I promess not to spoil anything.

I have such a weird relationship with this game. I go from hating to loving it every once in awhile.

I thought after a certain point you stop getting common drops. Maybe you can get from the Cryptarch.

I don't think we know if it came from a white engram, though. As somebody pointed out it could have been one of those triangle pyramid things that drop from enemies (like when a blue polyphage/black wax idol/ether seeds drops). Could just be purely coincidental that a level 7 found it - possibly just an incredibly low drop rate.

Do you know how ridiculous this [Exclusion Zone Farming] is? You're going to be spending 3 hours doing something which poses no challenge, has no objective and is simply a treadmill created by the absurdly low glimmer cap in order to upgrade items you already have and have likely invested several dozens hours of upgrading into already.

The outrage over all of these newly updated punitive systems is largely over. RNG has been injected into leveling (thanks Xur) and grind has been introduced to weapons already maxed. People were (rightly) upset over these changes and probably more so, the lack of communication before and afterwards. But that's gone. We're all buying from Xur this morning. There are enough things to placate the salty among us, like Ice Breaker.

But man, if it isn't so disheartening. I'm not upset anymore. I'm just frustrated. Because this game is both the best and the worst.

I've never had more fun in a shooter than playing a strike or the Raid with my buddies. Then the mission ends, and I look at my gear, and the 13 upgrade materials and the 7 currencies I need, the 3 different bounties I have to manage with different reputations and I despair. It takes so much effort now to manage it all, to keep up. It's not fun. It's boring (see above) or stressful. Why, Bungie?

Gambled on an exotic helmet engram, ended up being for warlocks. . I have 3 hunters. Hoping for Knucklehead. Going to try gambling again if I can scrap 4 motes of light. Will be playing tiger playlist and hopefully it will drop for me or the engrams will turn into motes.

Arrrammis

I got urzak to spawn, finally, but I couldn't kill him :/ he spawns during "the enemy is moving against each other", and he has one of those arc shields that fully recharges in the time it takes you to reload. Bah. Plus, 4 wizards spawn with him, and there are probably about 50 enemies (fallen and hive). So yeah, don't expect to do this one alone. You and about a minute and a half (from what I saw) before everything, including Urzak, despawns.

I got urzak to spawn, finally, but I couldn't kill him :/ he spawns during "the enemy is moving against each other", and he has one of those arc shields that fully recharges in the time it takes you to reload. Bah. Plus, 4 wizards spawn with him, and there are probably about 50 enemies (fallen and hive). So yeah, don't expect to do this one alone. You and about a minute and a half (from what I saw) before everything, including Urzak, despawns.

Was that in Skywatch?

soundpross

Neo Member
Is there a confirmed method for doing it?
From what I saw.
Bladedancer with invisible abilities crouch and super. First make your way to the first lamp then jump on top of it when your darkness is at 0 then crouch to go invisible then rinse and repeat. Once you are at the circle for bridge jump on the rock to the front right of the bridge and go invisible using crouch and super untill bridge is up.i would assume p&t sniper helps

RoKKeR

Wait, so the only way to upgrade the exotic helmet I bought from Xur last week is to turn it in only when he's selling that exact helmet again?

EL CUCO

This makes me extremely envious of people who got the sniper drop.

I have two other characters to beat Crota with so fingers crossed.

I wonder if the weapon that drops has to do with the type of weapon you're using the most at the encounter. I noticed last night most of the Gjallarhorns ended up with the RL.

I got Black Hammer and was mostly sniping.

Coincidence? Only RNGesus knows...

with so many options to get level 31 gear and no vanity feature, i don't see a lot of people buying IB gear this time around.

the retarded thing is that they hosted IB part 2 in late November a few weeks before the DLC that rendered those Light 30 Armors obsolete

So people may be bummed needing to sacrifice a week of Crucible to do that all over again.

Getting 75 marks in Vanilla Crucible for Arms or Legs will take less time than ranking up to Level 3 and Level 4 in IB then farm for Glimmer

I still have a lot to do in Destiny but that's enough for today. I'm lot letting Bungie make me waste my life. This game would have been a lot better if it didn't rely so much on addiction mechanics.

LiK

Oh yea, I played Skyshock for the first time last night. Basically a great map if you like to snipe in CoD.

Wallach

I wonder if the weapon that drops has to do with the type of weapon you're using the most at the encounter. I noticed last night most of the Gjallarhorns ended up with the RL.

I got Black Hammer and was mostly sniping.

Coincidence? Only RNGesus knows...

I was also one of the primary snipers when I got the Black Hammer. On the other hand, we had like 3 or 4 Gjallarhorns in the raid and I don't think any of them got the rocket launcher; I think a couple of them got Swordbreakers (the shotgun). I don't think they'd influence things this way because it would promote some pretty negative gameplay decisions on players' parts if they ever picked up on loot dropping that way.

I imagine they probably just use a bucket-esque system to move you closer to item tables for each checkpoint you get to without getting something except shards or energy.

The outrage over all of these newly updated punitive systems is largely over. RNG has been injected into leveling (thanks Xur) and grind has been introduced to weapons already maxed. People were (rightly) upset over these changes and probably more so, the lack of communication before and afterwards. But that's gone. We're all buying from Xur this morning. There are enough things to placate the salty among us, like Ice Breaker.

But man, if it isn't so disheartening. I'm not upset anymore. I'm just frustrated. Because this game is both the best and the worst.

I've never had more fun in a shooter than playing a strike or the Raid with my buddies. Then the strike ends, and I look at my gear, and the 13 upgrade materials and the 7 currencies I need, the 3 different bounties I have to manage with different reputations and I despair. It takes so much effort now to manage it all, to keep up. It's not fun. It's boring (see above) or stressful. Why, Bungie?

What frustrates me is that they made a patch to take out some of the better glimmer farming areas pretty early on, at the same time they removed the loot cave. Because they didn't want people just shooting the same things over and over again?

Now they've introduced things that require large dumps of glimmer...but no way to efficiently gather it.

Would be real nice to get that weekly mark and glimmer cap bump right now. I love how Bungie quickly brushed aside the expanded vault space because they knew everyone's raid and IB gear was going to be worthless so a dismantle fest was in store. That said, I want a bigger vault! Emblems and shaders should store on the armor side. I never have anything in there.

EL CUCO

I don't think it was a rumor I think it was a "wouldn't it be cool if".

It was a "play tester" that spread that rumor on Pastebin, I believe.

Found the link http://pastebin.com/uM8vp0et
The Hive raid is going to be pretty fun. From what I've tested so far the first boss is much more enjoyable than either boss fight in the Vault of Glass. Lets just say there is this fun almost escape sequence where all the guardians will want to be on their sparrows, trying to outrun a giant Ogre. Some of the Wizards have different attacks instead of that bombardment you are currently seeing, makes them less of a pain.

Sullichin

Wait, so the only way to upgrade the exotic helmet I bought from Xur last week is to turn it in only when he's selling that exact helmet again?
Yes, he either has to be selling the upgrade, in which case you need that exotic, an exotic shard, and glimmer, OR if he is selling the exotic itself, it's the new upgraded one and you can get it for coins. Kind of a strange system

The gauntlets you get from Eris do give shards btw. Should have given raid mats.

Good to know, thanks. I wasn't even expecting that after IB/Queens stuff/Murmur dismantles into uselessness.

stb

Is a totally unleveled Universal Remote worth keeping to upgrade later, or am I better off sharding it to upgrade my Thorn or TLW (which are totally unleveled)?

Insaniac

What frustrates me is that they made a patch to take out some of the better glimmer farming areas pretty early on, at the same time they removed the loot cave. Because they didn't want people just shooting the same things over and over again?

Now they've introduced things that require large dumps of glimmer...but no way to efficiently gather it.

if they didn't want us shooting the same things over and over again, they would've made better patrol missions

Top Bottom