• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Sullichin

Is a totally unleveled Universal Remote worth keeping to upgrade later, or am I better off sharding it to upgrade my Thorn or TLW (which are totally unleveled)?

I'd throw it toward Thorn personally, TLW is great also. Universal Remote... not so much.

Coconut

Banned
What frustrates me is that they made a patch to take out some of the better glimmer farming areas pretty early on, at the same time they removed the loot cave. Because they didn't want people just shooting the same things over and over again?

Now they've introduced things that require large dumps of glimmer...but no way to efficiently gather it.

The loot cave was the most ineffective way to do anything. good riddance to dumb attempts to game the game.

KodaRuss

i'm glad i bought two last words from Xur so i can upgrade the one i haven't used yet without having to sacrifice my main one until the new one is leveled.

That is definitely the benefit I am seeing on my exotic duplicates. Keeping my fully leveled IceBreaker, Last Word and Suros as they are and upgrading the duplicates i have barely touched through Xur.

Looking to blow through Vault of Glass on Hard tonight at 10:30 PM CST (PS4). Posting early so people can see. Please be experienced and at least level 30.

1. ShinigamiFrost - Level 30
2. PhantomPaincake - Level 31

My PSN is: ShinigamiFrost

Mainly going for ascendant materials and exotic shards.

MADGAME

I think it was just a rumor created in some fans imagination because Tumbler.
Hmm. I see.

Has anyone completed Crota's End portion where you
defend the circle in the haunted maze AND killed everything? We clear it easy but after receiving loot we run into the light from everything chasing us. Wondering if it is possible to kill everything and explore afterwards (even if dark and weight x10) or if enemies keep spawning until you pass through.

Sullichin

Would be real nice to get that weekly mark and glimmer cap bump right now. I love how Bungie quickly brushed aside the expanded vault space because they knew everyone's raid and IB gear was going to be worthless so a dismantle fest was in store. That said, I want a bigger vault! Emblems and shaders should store on the armor side. I never have anything in there.

Don't want me shooting the same things over and over?
The DLC has less than a handful of new missions and it's making me do parts of them over and over to kill specific enemies for these stupid bounties.

I actually like the story missions and the strikes and the new maps, and I'm sure the Raid is cool. But these bounties/ Eris reputation... I just don't see the point.

Deku Tree

Hmm. I see.

Has anyone completed Crota's End portion where you
defend the circle in the haunted maze AND killed everything? We clear it easy but after receiving loot we run into the light from everything chasing us. Wondering if it is possible to kill everything and explore afterwards (even if dark and weight x10) or if enemies keep spawning until you pass through.

Third chest confirmed.
I wish

R0ckman

It was a "play tester" that spread that rumor on Pastebin, I believe.

Found the link http://pastebin.com/uM8vp0et

Oh, yeah, now I remember it. I think I got it mixed up with the guy who said it would be cool if we went backwards through the raid, where we beat crota then have to escape the collapsing dungeon and at the end face the left over soul of crota trying to kill us with the last of its strength or something...

The outrage over all of these newly updated punitive systems is largely over. RNG has been injected into leveling (thanks Xur) and grind has been introduced to weapons already maxed. People were (rightly) upset over these changes and probably more so, the lack of communication before and afterwards. But that's gone. We're all buying from Xur this morning. There are enough things to placate the salty among us, like Ice Breaker.

But man, if it isn't so disheartening. I'm not upset anymore. I'm just frustrated. Because this game is both the best and the worst.

I've never had more fun in a shooter than playing a strike or the Raid with my buddies. Then the mission ends, and I look at my gear, and the 13 upgrade materials and the 7 currencies I need, the 3 different bounties I have to manage with different reputations and I despair. It takes so much effort now to manage it all, to keep up. It's not fun. It's boring (see above) or stressful. Why, Bungie?

I agree with a lot of this. It is getting out of hand trying to juggle all the different currencies, faction rankings and farming mats. Adding another RNG to progression with Xur upgrades is another insult to injury.

Seeing Icebreaker for upgrade feels like a punch to the gut for me. I was still saving up for my first Exotic Armor piece when that was available because I didn't have the time to get to the income level yet to buy it. It's like the rich are getting richer and I just get left in the dust with scraps. I have been able to buy 1 exotic weapon in 3 months. I am just now getting to the point of being able to buy maybe 1 exotic per week now.

Crota is definitely intense. The first two loot drop missions are pretty easy, but the last part is tough to say the least.

That second chest run with killing the thrall and screamers is tough, but totally worth it. I got 4 shards and 2 energy out of it with my 3 accounts. We kept 2 as anchors while we brought our alt accounts in - one to stand next to the chest so it didn't despawn, and one reviving guys as they came in.

Bladelaw

Is there a confirmed method for doing it?

Judicious use of invisibility basically. Max out your Super/melee cooldown, use the Stalker and Shadowjack abilities, use the press L2 to turn invisible perk for Arc Blade. Stealth when possible and just move from light to light when you get to the panel to open the bridge try to refresh your invisibility. Toward the end pop arc blade and use its invisibility. Enemies will run around you but not actually attack as long as you are invisible. Rejoice when the bridge forms.
EDIT Beaten, holy shit does this thread move.

Sullichin

I agree with a lot of this. It is getting out of hand trying to juggle all the different currencies, faction rankings and farming mats. Adding another RNG to progression with Xur upgrades is another insult to injury.

Seeing Icebreaker for upgrade feels like a punch to the gut for me. I was still saving up for my first Exotic Armor piece when that was available because I didn't have the time to get to the income level yet to buy it. It's like the rich are getting richer and I just get left in the dust with scraps. I have been able to buy 1 exotic weapon in 3 months. I am just now getting to the point of being able to buy maybe 1 exotic per week now.

Conversely, seeing Icebreaker for upgrade is a punch in the gut to me, having the 300ATK maxed out version already. Xur doesn't give a shit that I poured tons of ascendant energy, mats and time into it. I think the only reason you can not feel shitty when upgrading something from Xur is if it dropped five minutes prior and you haven't had a chance to use it yet.

The loot cave was the most ineffective way to do anything. good riddance to dumb attempts to game the game.

Right, I agree with that. But they also removed some of the better ways to acquire glimmer. There is no activity in this game that reliably gives a substantial amount of glimmer, short of popping consumables and running the same mission repeatedly.

They've increased demand, but not supply.

Furbies.

zewone

Looking to blow through Vault of Glass on Hard tonight at 10:30 PM CST (PS4). Posting early so people can see. Please be experienced and at least level 30.

Count me in. Level 31

What level are you? Sounds like you are missing the heroic weekly missions at the highest difficulty. Get to 31 with the new vanguard gear and use destinylfg!

Nodnol

Exotic definitely level quicker; anyone got any actual numbers?

I've fully leveled my Symbiote I bought today, and IB is well on it's way. It's actually OK.

SharkJAW

I'll hop in on this, if that's okay. PS4: SharkJAW Lvl 30 Titan.

Conversely, seeing Icebreaker for upgrade is a punch in the gut to me, having the 300ATK maxed out version already. Xur doesn't give a shit that I poured tons of ascendant energy, mats and time into it. I think the only reason you can not feel shitty when upgrading something from Xur is if it dropped five minutes prior and you haven't had a chance to use it yet.

It just goes to show that Xur and the loot system in general is a total clusterfuck. Everyone feels cheated.

Sullichin

It just goes to show that Xur and the loot system in general is a total clusterfuck. Everyone feels cheated.

Actually not so bad with the Icebreaker since it still has its best perk off the bat, but yeah.

Thorn is a good example. I upgraded it to max for the express purpose of using it in Iron Banner.. then they broke it in Crucible. Now IB is back again and I have to upgrade Thorn again. Insane. It's faster now but I feel like a crazy person doing this shit again.

I went crazy in IB last time but unless there's some really good new rewards this time, I won't bother much. I'd rather play the new maps. Are the drops just going to be upgraded versions of the stuff that dropped last time? The shit that I played *hundreds* of games hoping to get, now obsolete too. Oh and I can't even get anything useful for dismantling these weapons either.

Wallach

Having a hard time understanding what you mean here, I apologize.

A bucket and a table are technically used interchangeably in loot systems; it is easier to understand as a bucket in the abstract once you start modifying such that a roll modifies the following roll. Sometimes you'd set up a bucket such that if an item comes out of the bucket on a roll, it doesn't go back in (so you couldn't get that result again until another condition was met), or where the result goes back in but affects all of the variables remaining in the bucket.

Prior to the expansion it doesn't look like they did anything for raid drops except dump everything into the appropriate buckets at certain odds and said "good luck", where now I imagine they are either modifying each checkpoint's bucket separately (so if you don't get loot from X checkpoint, your odds all change next week at this checkpoint for whatever items you did not land on) or are modifying all of the buckets at each checkpoint (so if you didn't get loot from X checkpoint, Y and Z remaining checkpoints have their buckets modified).

Count me in. Level 31

I'll hop in on this, if that's okay. PS4: SharkJAW Lvl 30 Titan.

Alrighty ;)

---

3. zewone - Level 31
4. SharkJAW - Level 30

omgkitty

I'm sure someone has said this, but I guess I'm going to start buying the exotic engrams and breaking them down for their shard. Don't really have anything else to spend them on.

Upgrade it and it's improved. Perks don't make much of a difference.

What level are you? Sounds like you are missing the heroic weekly missions at the highest difficulty. Get to 31 with the new vanguard gear and use destinylfg!

I got to level 30 with VoG Raid gear but only this Monday, the day before the DLC dropped and realized I blew all my Ass Shards on worthless Raid gear when I could have saved them for the DLC and be Level 31 right now but can't because I need more shards.

I have only been getting 9 coins a week for the last 6 weeks. Just now getting an alt to lvl27 that can add a few more. Blew my first Exotic purchase on a chest piece before realizing I needed a helm to get lvl30. So, I have small income and have wasted coins without fully knowing what I was doing.

Xur bounty from Crota. After you kill thrall with solar, you then have to melee kill 5 curse thrall without dying, then you have to kill hive wizards and acolytes with void. 100 points worth, and when you die you only lose some.

When you die it only hurts that phase, and you automatically get the next phase upon completion.

coy

Alrighty ;)

---

3. zewone - Level 31
4. SharkJAW - Level 30

I have yet to run my 30 Warlock through this week and can use the mats after today.

PSN: coyquettish

I was actually generally okay with the new trade-in system until it was brought to my attention yesterday that, assuming an item costs 13 coins from Xur, it is more economical to just buy it flat out and shard your old one.

I mean, that's fine. But it's kind of twisted.

My roommate told me this morning that he sharded his almost fully upgraded Truth, and it yielded him two exotic shards. Even more reason you are better off just buying your exotic brand new if you get a chance. Bananas.

from the engram earlier

SYDZh3S.jpg

i like how it looks but its stats are so unimpressive. oh well.

ocean

Banned
RNG has been good to me.

My Titan now has 36 Light versions of the Helm of Saint-14, Ruin Wings and Armamentarium. Now I have to pick which to use to reach 31 and run Crota's End.

Do I want a blinding bubble? Finding heaps of Heavy Ammo? Or double blinding grenades?

Top Bottom