• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

venom2124

second legendary engram dropped in the wild today. anyone else notice higher drop rates?
I got two yesterday. I'm noticing strikes in general are yielding better engrams but I can't find decent loot chests on patrol anymore. You know the ones with a couple blue engrams, house banners, and about 10 planetary materials? I used to get them all the time and I've seen one since the dlc released.

gdt

from the engram earlier

SYDZh3S.jpg

i like how it looks but its stats are so unimpressive. oh well.

I'm positive this gun is a Lana Del Rey reference.

soundpross

Neo Member
RNG has been good to me.

My Titan now has 36 Light versions of the Helm of Saint-14, Ruin Wings and Armamentarium. Now I have to pick which to use to reach 31 and run Crota's End.

Do I want a blinding bubble? Finding heaps of Heavy Ammo? Or double blinding grenades?
Heavy ammo now bubble for lvl 32 later :D

Rubenov

So if I don't have a GHorn, I should definitely buy a Truth for Crota's End?

Do you have Hezen vengeance? That might be better (saving up the exotic slot for Icebreaker or something else).

Truth is worth it if you play crucible and want a rocket launcher that doubles up as a fire-and-forget rocket sniper.

RNG has been good to me.

My Titan now has 36 Light versions of the Helm of Saint-14, Ruin Wings and Armamentarium. Now I have to pick which to use to reach 31 and run Crota's End.

Do I want a blinding bubble? Finding heaps of Heavy Ammo? Or double blinding grenades?

Very very lucky! I rolled 2 engrams but no Titan helm. I got ruin wings and Armamentarium upgrade as well. Saint would be the icing! Heaps of heavy seem to be the best right now. That or blinding.

lupin23rd

I got two yesterday. I'm noticing strikes in general are yielding better engrams but I can't find decent loot chests on patrol anymore. You know the ones with a couple blue engrams, house banners, and about 10 planetary materials? I used to get them all the time and I've seen one since the dlc released.

I've had a couple of them pop up this past week in the cosmodrome, so they should still be there. Keep patrolling :)

I hit level 20 last night!

I guess I just complete vanguard and crucible bounties now to get gear with light?

Yea you can jump to 31 with vendor gear alone. You have to be at least rank 2 I think. I'd buy the faction that gives you your best 2 attributes for what type of class you want (intellect, discipline, strength). So both Vanguard and crucible rep goes towards that faction and you can level it super fast.

Also, you should be at least Vanguard rank 2 to buy another piece since you'll only have 100 marks max on vanguard/crucible each.

Wallach

RNG has been good to me.

If you have to pick only one to start, I'd say Ruin Wings. The hardest part of the raid is the final encounter by a pretty sizeable margin and that's the one I'd prefer there. The other two certainly have their uses in CE though, especially in the first couple encounters.

I got to level 30 with VoG Raid gear but only this Monday, the day before the DLC dropped and realized I blew all my Ass Shards on worthless Raid gear when I could have saved them for the DLC and be Level 31 right now but can't because I need more shards.

I have only been getting 9 coins a week for the last 6 weeks. Just now getting an alt to lvl27 that can add a few more. Blew my first Exotic purchase on a chest piece before realizing I needed a helm to get lvl30. So, I have small income and have wasted coins without fully knowing what I was doing.

Gotcha - I have alts of the same class (3x Warlock) because I don't have a ton of time to game, but I have some, and I'm able to have my highest level armor on at any time on each account so when I do have time to run the tougher stuff multiple times, I can just xfer gear. Dunno if that helps at all, but that helped me - I ran with only 2x Warlocks for a long time and got to 30 quickly and now have 150+ shards and energies. Ran the raid twice so far and already have multiple raid gear for Warlock!

purg3

slept with Malkin
second legendary engram dropped in the wild today. anyone else notice higher drop rates?

Yeah don't know if it really was increased but anecdotally I've been getting more legendary engram drops as well. About 5 in the last 2 days.

Strider

You gave up?

Yea at least for a while. After seeing what Xur was all about now and the grind in front of me... it's just a mess. Not really related to the game but my entire regular raid group and the friends I used to play with the most no longer play the game either. I've been playing solo most of the time recently and it's no secret this game is much better with a group. Haven't had as much fun in the expansion as I hoped.

:(

Damn bro. Right before Iron banner too.

:(

Yea IB was fun last time but the reality this time around is I wouldn't be properly geared for IB at all anyway. I'm still level 30 and I only have 1 gun that is greater than 300 attack and that's an Ice Breaker sitting at 302. It would be pretty difficult in IB this time around.

Gotcha - I have alts of the same class (3x Warlock) because I don't have a ton of time to game, but I have some, and I'm able to have my highest level armor on at any time on each account so when I do have time to run the tougher stuff multiple times, I can just xfer gear. Dunno if that helps at all, but that helped me - I ran with only 2x Warlocks for a long time and got to 30 quickly and now have 150+ shards and energies. Ran the raid twice so far and already have multiple raid gear for Warlock!

Once my main hits 31, I am considering making an alt Hunter to give VoG lvl30 hand-me downs to just run weeklies.

antigoon

Yea you can jump to 31 with vendor gear alone. You have to be at least rank 2 I think. I'd buy the faction that gives you your best 2 attributes for what type of class you want (intellect, discipline, strength). So both Vanguard and crucible rep goes towards that faction and you can level it super fast

I see. I'm a Titan - how do I get a Mark for a specific faction?

I wished Bungie would seriously consider adding trading with all the vendors. I got Warlock boots from a Vanguard package yesterday, yet I'm using a Titan. I think it would be helpful if I could trade them for Titan boots and pay with glimmer, ascendant shards, a commendation or any combination of those for the trade. It's frustrating to grind rep and not get the gear I need.

Rehsa

Need some advice GAF. Bought two engrams that turned into Glass House and the Veil warlock helm. I have Light Beyond on my warlock right now, should I still upgrade my LBN or use the Veil? I only have 27 coins and I need to buy a new Symbiote and probably going to upgrade Suros.

Nodnol

Yes. And they're being much more lucrative for me too:

Truth
No Land Beyond
Legendary FR

3/3

Another +1 for better drops.

I've had five today. Two from strikes, the others randomly. Dozens of blues in the last few days. And then the Vanguard and Cryptarch packages have been very nice too.

And then Dragon's Breath dropped in less then 7 games of Crucible.

I used up all my RNGesus Loyalty points didn't I?

Actually not so bad with the Icebreaker since it still has its best perk off the bat, but yeah.

Thorn is a good example. I upgraded it to max for the express purpose of using it in Iron Banner.. then they broke it in Crucible. Now IB is back again and I have to upgrade Thorn again. Insane. It's faster now but I feel like a crazy person doing this shit again.

I went crazy in IB last time but unless there's some really good new rewards this time, I won't bother much. I'd rather play the new maps. Are the drops just going to be upgraded versions of the stuff that dropped last time? The shit that I played *hundreds* of games hoping to get, now obsolete too. Oh and I can't even get anything useful for dismantling these weapons either.

I'm in the same boat. I went all in on Iron Banner last time and the gear wasn't impressive and neither were the weapons really. But now that the drop system is supposedly smarter for this new raid I'll wait and see how I do armor-wise after running this for a few weeks and then I'll just try to grab whatever I'm missing from Iron Banner again.

I'm already stretched for time trying (and failing) to keep two characters leveled. I really wish they'd push Iron Banner another couple weeks.

Everything is fucking Helium filaments to upgrade. 8 items in a row. This has to be intentional. If it was spread randomly across the 4 mats we would be upgrading too fast. This is their way of limiting progression again by making us pay up in marks or go back to fucking chest loops in patrol.

You create the character how is Bungie supposed to develop a character you made up?

we created a shell. bungie's supposed to create the story that gives that shell a character.

that comic is just one of many examples of the community doing more for destiny than its developers.

Deku Tree

Everything is fucking Helium filaments to upgrade. 8 items in a row. This has to be intentional. If it was spread randomly across the 4 mats we would be upgrading too fast. This is their way of limiting progression again by making us pay up in marks or go back to fucking chest loops in patrol.

Well the focus of the DLC is the moon so...

I need 4 for:

Crota's end - ending Crota (Crota CP) - PS4
Level 30+ please. Quote and add your name if you're interested.

1) PewPewPewBow (sunsinger, me)
2) jtran2003 (30 sunsinger)
3)
4)
5)
6)

SharkJAW

I need 4 for:

Crota's end - ending Crota (Crota CP) - 12/12 - any time between 12-24 hours from now - PS4
Level 30+ please. Quote and add your name if you're interested.

1) PewPewPewBow (sunsinger, me)
2) jtran2003 (30 sunsinger)
3)
4)
5)
6)
I'm down. SharkJAW: 31 Hunter

Got Ruin Wings, Symbiote, and Void fang Vestments. Upgraded Armamentarium, Thorn, and Icebreaker. Bought 3 helm engrams and got Helm of Inmost Light, Apotheosis Veil, and Knucklehead Radar.

Hunter is already level 31 with Radiant Dance Machines. Warlock and Titan will be there shortly.

Xur day is pretty good just needed Gjallarhorn instead of Truth.

hydruxo

Just finished that Urn of Sacrifice quest for Eris. Final step gives you a mission on Moon that is surprisingly pretty damn tough. Unfortunately all you get at the end is a pair of +33 light gauntlets.

noomi

Guardians

I'm starting a new group for The Dark Below for tonight! Would love to have some 31's come along. I Have a CP at the bridge, but will gladly start fresh.

If interested please quote this post with your PSN, class & level. See you tonight!

Where: The Dark Below
When: 9PM EST | 8PM CST

1. noomi85 - hunter - 31
2. Darryl_M_R - hunter - 30(31 soon)
3. bucyou55 - titan - 30
4. Macello - titan - 31
5. reserved
6. reserved

Top Bottom