• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Sullichin

I'm in the same boat. I went all in on Iron Banner last time and the gear wasn't impressive and neither were the weapons really. But now that the drop system is supposedly smarter for this new raid I'll wait and see how I do armor-wise after running this for a few weeks and then I'll just try to grab whatever I'm missing from Iron Banner again.

I'm already stretched for time trying (and failing) to keep two characters leveled. I really wish they'd push Iron Banner another couple weeks.
Wait, is IB armor going to be raid equivalent? I thought it would only be 33 light this time around. Did they ever say?

Guardians

I'm starting a new group for The Dark Below for tonight! Would love to have some 31's come along. I Have a CP at the bridge, but will gladly start fresh.

If interested please quote this post with your PSN, class & level. See you tonight!

Where: The Dark Below
When: 9PM EST | 8PM CST

1. noomi85 - hunter - 31

I'm a level 30 hunter, trying to get to level 31 by tonight. PSN: Darryl_M_R

realcZk

from the engram earlier

SYDZh3S.jpg

i like how it looks but its stats are so unimpressive. oh well.

i got that exact sniper with shortrange scope, unflinching and snapshot, great pvp gun

Stantron

Question about the new raid bridge section:
My team would get 4-5 guys on the other side, then after the ogers spawned we would wipe soon after because one of the totums turns red... I think. Or maybe it timed out and wiped us. This happened to us a few times and we couldn't figure out why. Any advice?

Coconut

Banned
Mass effect did a pretty good job and that's not even the best example, just the first that comes to mind. Also supporting characters have no excuses.

I agree with the comments about the side characters. MAss effect is also working on the line that we are all Shepard McSpacePerson.

Instead of something more interesting like this, we got "I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time."

I know they were trying to be funny with that line, but no one realized how patronizing it was? The whole sequence is cringe inducing bad.

"It is so evil it hates other evil" or something like that. Embarrassing.

Messiek

My team would get 4-5 guys on the other side, then after the ogers spawned we would wipe soon after because one of the totums turns red... I think. Or maybe it timed out and wiped us. This happened to us a few times and we couldn't figure out why. Any advice?

The totems are bound to the bridge. Just step out of the plate and you don't have to worry about totems.

LETS DEFEAT CROTA ONCE AND FOR ALL!

I would like to put together a group to help defeat Crota.

Sometime tomorrow, if you have defeated him and are willing to help that would be amazing! Truths, Gjhallerhorns and Icebreakers a must. Level 31s would be great too!

Experience on Knight duty and Sword Experience would be great too!

Saturday at 7:00pm EST?

1. Byron Bluth - PSN: Cosmos_Man - Level 31 Titan
2. k1t4j - PSN: Kitaj84 - Level 31 Hunter
3. LollipoPReapeR - Details?
4. death4romabove22 - PSN:??? - Level 30 Hunter and Warlock
5. Hydruxxo
6. EroticSushi

Can those that have been added provide me your PSNs, Level and Character and weapon selection.

Greenymac I'm sorry! You ended up being 7th when I went back to look at the posts.

I will put you down as an sub if you like?

hydruxo

Get off the center plate.

Wait, is IB armor going to be raid equivalent? I thought it would only be 33 light this time around. Did they ever say?

Oh don't quote me on that, I just assumed. If it won't be raid equivalent then there's even less reason to play IB for me.

The shaders were the only worthwhile thing I got from it anyway.

bucyou55

Banned
Guardians

I'm starting a new group for The Dark Below for tonight! Would love to have some 31's come along. I Have a CP at the bridge, but will gladly start fresh.

If interested please quote this post with your PSN, class & level. See you tonight!

1. noomi85 - hunter - 31

I would love to join

30 defender titan

psn - bucyou55

Niccolo

Hey Everybody,

I'm looking to take a friend through his first raid on VOG normal tonight around 9pm EST.
We have a group of 3 that have all done the raid once before. I'm looking for 1 more to go through the raid and collect some ass mats :)

If interested let me know. We are all nice guys even though we might not be the most skilled. Also, the only time through the gorgon maze we had a guide so some knowledge there would certainly help.

1. bobinko66 (me, lvl 30 sunsinger)
2. chippy13 (lvl 29 hunter)
3. jefflewis201 (lvl 28 titan)
4. friend (lvl 28 something?? haha)
5. Callandor361 (lvl 30 warlock)
6. OPEN

hydruxo

Oh don't quote me on that, I just assumed. If it won't be raid equivalent then there's even less reason to play IB for me.

The shaders were the only worthwhile thing I got from it anyway.

IB gear will be level 31.

Iron Banner!

Lord Saladin returns to the Tower on December 16th
He’ll reset Event Standings – like a new season
Level 31 inventory can be earned by winners
The Dark Below will not be required to compete

JTran2003

Guardians

1. noomi85 - hunter - 31
2. Darryl_M_R - hunter - 30(31 soon)
3. bucyou55 - titan - 30

Lvl 30 warlock if that's OK. Will be first time as well. Psn jtran2003

Or in the DLC missions, how they spawn you far away so there's enough time for some Ghost dialogue. Better than an unskippable cutscene though.

I have a feeling that Dinklage didn't come back for the extra lines. I don't understand the whole End of Crota though. I thought that we stopped Crota in the story/Eris' bounties? How is he back for the raid?

I know they were trying to be funny with that line, but no one realized how patronizing it was? The whole sequence is cringe inducing bad.

"It is so evil it hates other evil" or something like that. Embarrassing.

It's like Bungie knew they didn't have a story. It was basically "we can make it interesting here.......... JUST KIDDING!" What's bad is that we still have no idea who the hell she is and why she's even there. Game would still be the same if she didn't show up.

Callandor

Hey Everybody,

I'm looking to take a friend through his first raid on VOG normal tonight around 9pm EST.
We have a group of 3 that have all done the raid once before. I'm looking for 2 more to go through the raid and collect some ass mats :)

If interested let me know. We are all nice guys even though we might not be the most skilled. Also, the only time through the gorgon maze we had a guide so some knowledge there would certainly help.

1. bobinko66 (me, lvl 30 sunsinger)
2. chippy13 (lvl 29 hunter)
3. jefflewis201 (lvl 28 titan)
4. friend (lvl 28 something?? haha)
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

If that's PS4, I'd be willing to help out.

Callandor361, lvl 30 warlock

I agree with the comments about the side characters. MAss effect is also working on the line that we are all Shepard McSpacePerson.

Mass effect = shepard. Destiny = guardian. It's just so the voice actors have something to call you. Shepards story can change depending on your choices. Guardians don't even have that option. There's no reason they couldn't have had our guardian have a canon story. Instead our guardian didn't really have any character progression. Pretty terrible.

urzok bounty was so fun. blades of crota + all out fallen vs hive war. were 3 other guardians camping out waiting for it.

even without the loot cave, skywatch is still the best.

Finally finished up the Urn quest stuff and as I get to the tower to see what the reward is I'm returned to orbit because of classic Bungie "kicked from gameworld" errors.

Think it is better to upgrade something with Xur or just buy a new one if he selling it? Buying a new one has the added bonus of letting you use the shard from the old to upgrade it, while that shard would need be traded in otherwise, and another found somewhere. Plus no need for glimmer.

I think I answered my question.

Just finished that Urn of Sacrifice quest for Eris. Final step gives you a mission on Moon that is surprisingly pretty damn tough. Unfortunately all you get at the end is a pair of +33 light gauntlets.

Wish I had known that before buying gauntlets for all my characters today :-/

It's a shame. IB gear looks pretty sweet most of the time.

Might grind iron banner if the chest and helmet are available for my warlock cause I'm sure it's gonna look really nice. Nice but useless

Definity

Horn rocket launcher from nightfall! FINALLY.
Had fun with that urn quest. Did not expect the last part to be a different encounter.

Sometime tomorrow, if you have defeated him and are willing to help that would be amazing! Truths, Gjhallerhorns and Icebreakers a must. Level 31s would be great too!

5. Hydruxxo
6. EroticSushi

Can those that have been added provide me your PSNs, Level and Character and weapon selection.

Greenymac I'm sorry! You ended up being 7th when I went back to look at the posts.

Psn death4romabove22 30 hunter soon 21 30 warlock maxxed jolders hammer swarm VOC fatebringer vex mythloclast 77 wizard

Think it is better to upgrade something with Xur or just buy a new one if he selling it? Buying a new one has the added bonus of letting you use the shard from the old to upgrade it, while that shard would need be traded in otherwise, and another found somewhere. Plus no need for glimmer.

I think I answered my question.
Sometimes exotic weapons give 2 shards apparently. Even more reason to buy new.

5. Hydruxxo
6. EroticSushi

Sorry about not adding my details.

EroticSushi - 30 Warlock

I should reach 31 by the time we do it tomorrow though.

Top Bottom