• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Just read their increasing the atk/light starting levels on the Corta Raid gear. Do they have any idea what they're doing before hand, or is it just wait and see and make things up as time goes on?

It's been painfully obvious for a while now that they are winging this entire thing.

Wallach

Pretty useless,
Nothing in the game is hard except maybe crota, which this gun is useless for.
And then there's hard raid, but if the hard raid is just the normal raid then I can see this being useless also in it.

Out side the raid, nothing can't be defeated easily already with simply 300 guns = =

Aside from what seems like a bit silly logic of "nothing is hard so better weapons don't matter", how do you figure this weapon is useless on Crota? This is the absolute best secondary weapon in the game for that encounter.

Niccolo

Hey Everybody,

I'm looking to take a friend through his first raid on VOG normal tonight around 9pm EST.
We have a group of 3 that have all done the raid once before. I'm looking for 1 more to go through the raid and collect some ass mats :)

If interested let me know. We are all nice guys even though we might not be the most skilled. Also, the only time through the gorgon maze we had a guide so some knowledge there would certainly help.

PS4 PSN ID: bobinko66

1. bobinko66 (me, lvl 30 sunsinger)
2. chippy13 (lvl 29 hunter)
3. jefflewis201 (lvl 28 titan)
4. friend (lvl 28 something?? haha)
5. Callandor361 (lvl 30 warlock)
6. OPEN

Reposting for new page. Only need 1 more.

Im in 30 warlock, psn pansargryning

That makes 6. I'm sending everyone a friend request.

Crota's end - ending Crota (Crota CP) - PS4 - 9PM GMT

1) PewPewPewBow: 30 sunsinger (me)
2) jtran2003: 30 sunsinger
3) SharkJAW: 31 Hunter
4) Milkypooz: 30 Titan
5) pansargryning:
6) kgb_psu: 30 lock

R0ckman

Just saw this on Reddit .. there is more character development in this comic than there is in the whole game.

This game needs to draw in the "mindless solider" crowd too you know. Shoot first, ask questions later crowd. Or in this case... Shoot first, tell story later.

LordofPwn

Luke just tweeted

https://twitter.com/LukeWasRight/status/543490100617699328

"Next patch: We are increasing the initial Light & ATK values on Crota's End gear. Armor will start at 30 Light, weapons at 302 ATK."
Sweet. i got my boots to only need 14 more shards to max, wonder if it will make them 33 or not.
Got Titan to 31. Hunter's almost there. Need to buy Boots and upgrade Sunbreakers for Warlock. Also need to grind dat glimmeh.

Anyway regarding the raid during the final part.

Is Thorn with Mark of The Devourer effective? Will it stop Crota's health regen if people stop firing temporarily?
I've heard that the DoT can keep shields down, but i have not tried.

Lucis

Aside from what seems like a bit silly logic of "nothing is hard so better weapons don't matter", how do you figure this weapon is useless on Crota? This is the absolute best secondary weapon in the game for that encounter.

you can't... shoot at crota, unless there's critical hit on shield? maybe it's good for the orge, but not like that's really a big problem anyways, as for the knights, i don't know about you, but I am simply not good enough to consistantly land 3 critical hit on those bastards.

Daemul

Managed to re-upgrade my Red Death up to the Red Death perk, now that's me done for the evening, since I cannot be arsed doing anymore. I'll finish off upgrading the gun tomorrow after work.

Navy Bean

Quick q: Is fully leveled Vex good for 1st Phase of Crota's End?

Outside of Vex I've had awful luck trying to get a good primary weapon drop. Did buy a Suros, though.

you can't... shoot at crota, unless there's critical hit on shield? maybe it's good for the orge, but not like that's really a big problem anyways, as for the knights, i don't know about you, but I am simply not good enough to consistantly land 3 critical hit on those bastards.

wait, is it precision kills or just precision hits?

precision hits would be a big difference. you don't necessarily have to kill them then, rather just hit the same place consistently. in that case, it might be really good. there's nothing in the raid you'd consistently kill with precision snipes that you wouldn't be taking out with a primary, but there are plenty of enemies to stagger with a sniper.

Namikaze1

got any sick days left?
No but my pants just ripped. Shit. The one day I choose not to wear shorts underneath and this shit happens. I'm trying to get a hold of my boss from the comfort of the restroom cause its bad. Like real bad. Fuck me. Fuck these $35 pants.

Seriously, my pants ripped.

precision hits would be a big difference. you don't necessarily have to kill them then, rather just hit the same place consistently. in that case, it might be really good. there's nothing in the raid you'd consistently kill with precision snipes that you wouldn't be taking out with a primary, but there are plenty of enemies to stagger with a sniper.

White Nail: Rapidly landing three precision shots will refill the magazine.

I need it. Crota will meet his end tomorrow and the sniper will be mine.

No but my pants just ripped. Shit. The one day I choose not to wear shorts underneath and this shit happens. I'm trying to get a hold of my boss from the comfort of the restroom cause its bad. Like real bad. Fuck me. Fuck these $35 pants.

Upgrade them from xur.

Wallach

You really don't have any reason to aim a secondary at Crota regardless of which one you equip. Your secondary consideration here is entirely down to whether to use your exotic weapon slot here (which because of Crota is not ideal) and how effective the weapon will be against what you actually are shooting it at. This weapon will do significantly more DPS against the other main targets than anything you could slot here, and your DPS against those targets dictates your leeway against the enrage timer. Your secondary selection matters a lot in this fight.

Lucis

Hits,
but the only time you hit crota with the gun, is on the shield, I don't think you can precision hit the shield?
As for knights and orge, the gun is probably pretty good for orge but those knights dodge a lot and I am just not good enough (and I am sure most destiny players aren't good enough) to keep the critical hit on knights.

You really don't have any reason to aim a secondary at Crota regardless of which one you equip. Your secondary consideration here is entirely down to whether to use your exotic weapon slot here (which because of Crota is not ideal) and how effective the weapon will be against what you actually are shooting it at. This weapon will do significantly more DPS against the other main targets than anything you could slot here, and your DPS against those targets dictates your leeway against the enrage timer. Your secondary selection matters a lot in this fight.

I donno man, we do the fight in the room down below, all other targets die pretty fast with mostly 300 guns. The shield is the onlything you need to bring down in a fast/timely manner. Also I would like to see someone who is good enough to keep precision hit non stop on Knights.

White Nail: Rapidly landing three precision shots will refill the magazine.

I need it. Crota will meet his end tomorrow and the sniper will be mine.

i know i read the thing. destiny's descriptions are too vague and inconsistent to go off of that alone and the video shows the player one shotting cabal in the head.

zewone

i know i read the thing. destiny's descriptions are too vague and inconsistent to go off of that alone and the video shows the player one shotting cabal in the head.

It's just hits. Don't have to get a kill. Perfect for taking out bosses. I want to run Crota for a chance at this alone.

well in the video posted above the guy was just shooting crits on Septic and getting his mag back so it definitely applies to crit shots and not just kills.

Wallach

The other video shows what I was talking about vs bosses; you can extend one mag for as many White Nail chains as you can score just landing crits.

LiK

Pantsrippeditus

Anyone on Xbox One want to run Crota's End tonight at 11:00 ET? Will likely have at least 3 spots open.

I would do a list but there's only about 6 of us here on Xbox for this game.

Send me a message if interested - dmh33.

I'd like to try if you still have room. I'll send you a message over Xbox a little later.

MADGAME

Throwing out a feeler post - I have 2 Crota Checkpoints I need completed and need to run a freshy on my last alt. Anyone want to party up in about 4 hours from the time of this post?

31 Titan and familiar with all raid mechanics

WipedOut

That Better apply to the gear that already dropped for me... Now I hope it can get me to level 31 (33 light) without radiant shards after the update too...

Luke Smith ‏@LukeWasRight 9m9 minutes ago
@Wip3dOut Retroactive! It will automatically upgrade/update the Light/ATK on pieces players have already acquired.

Added coy.

Need one more. Will put alts down as well just in case.

---
Looking to blow through Vault of Glass on Hard tonight at 10:30 PM CST (PS4). Posting early so people can see. Please be experienced and at least level 30.

1. ShinigamiFrost - Level 30
2. PhantomPaincake - Level 31
3. zewone - Level 31
4. SharkJAW - Level 30
5. coyquettish - Level 30

Alt 1.
Alt 2.

My PSN is: ShinigamiFrost

Mainly going for ascendant materials and exotic shards.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Throwing out a feeler post - I have 2 Crota Checkpoints I need completed and need to run a freshy on my last alt. Anyone want to party up in about 4 hours from the time of this post?

31 Titan and familiar with all raid mechanics

I should be up for it. I mayyyyy be able to reach level 31 before then. I'd be up for either Crota and/or a fresh run on my alt. I promise that I won't stand in front of you when you are firing a rocket if you promise not to put up a shield right in front of me when I'm firing one of mine :)

EL CUCO

Luke Smith ‏@LukeWasRight 9m9 minutes ago
@Wip3dOut Retroactive! It will automatically upgrade/update the Light/ATK on pieces players have already acquired.
4i613bO.jpg

Top Bottom