• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

SnakeEyes

Banned
well i have the revenant shader from dead orbit and the black camo pattern kills it. switched back to thunderdevil.
my-nigga.jpg

#ForeverThunderdevil

purg3

slept with Malkin
Productive morning in Destiny lol.

Got helm of saint 14 from exotic engram and maxed out, nearly finished with upgraded Icebreaker, started upgrading Ruin Wings and upgraded Thorn. Now I need to grind some glimmer because I'm broke as fuck.

LiK

i know i'm just messin since she blames everyone at least once lol

our group is fun. just wish we had more time to play.

haha, very true. whenever I die, I fear figs' ire.

well, we better be able to play on the damn weekend or I might just join another group. I wanna move on, lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Busy morning at work... haven't looked at the thread.

let's see here

54 pages lol
edit: 55

Hmmmm, Xur...

...shit. I want a lot of stuff.

Well, the definites:
Upgrading Ice Breaker (so are you, right? Right?!)
Upgrading Red Death
Upgrading Thunderlord
Upgrading Armamentarium
Buying Ruin Wings
Buying one or two Exotic Helm engrams...

Depending on the results of the engrams, possibly:
Buying Achylophage
Upgrading Light Beyond Nemesis

Upgrading Ahamkara's Spine
Buying new Voidfang
Upgrading No Backup Plans

Except no way I have enough coins for this. I WILL be looking to do the weekly and NIghtfall on all 3 characters tonight before making any decisions...

hoo boy

realcZk

Productive morning in Destiny lol.

Got helm of saint 14 from exotic engram and maxed out, nearly finished with upgraded Icebreaker, started upgrading Ruin Wings and upgraded Thorn. Now I need to grind some glimmer because I'm broke as fuck.

damn man you've been busy since this morning! how many hour's did it take to max? hoping I can max one in a few hours with today's bounties and yesterdays saved up.

Okay, this would be my preference also, You would make 3 and would need 3 more.

No burden, it does help to have a 31 or two but 30's are perfectly acceptable. Going to try to put preference on the entire raid first, then clean up the checkpoints after. Really hoping to knock them out sequentially. Yesterday we ran a fresh run with 3 people who had no exposure to the new raid and reached Crota very quickly.

Bahahaha my new explanation by section: Run. Stand there and Shoot. Run. Stand there and Shoot.

Just let me know when. And I havent touch the new raid yet :p hope someone is good at explaining things.

Hoodbury

Except no way I have enough coins for this. I WILL be looking to do the weekly and NIghtfall on all 3 characters tonight before making any decisions...

hoo boy

I'll join you for nightfall and weekly if you'd like. I need them as well for one character.

MADGAME

What time did you want to start? I can ask some of the guys I regularly play with. They hopped on last night just as we were starting, unfortunately.

I'll be home in about 2 hours and just need to get out of my suit and I'm good. I was going to sort out xur, then grind for a bit of glimmer but I can do that tomorrow if others are ready to roll. If that is the case I can be ready by 5:30 CST/6:30 EST/3:30 PST

Just let me know when. And I havent touch the new raid yet :p hope someone is good at explaining things.
You can get the unabridged version, cliff's notes version or raid for dummies. Whatever flips your pancake :)

purg3

slept with Malkin
damn man you've been busy since this morning! how many hour's did it take to max? hoping I can max one in a few hours with today's bounties and yesterdays saved up.

Not long, I have 3 Titans. I just did Eris and Vanguard bounties and then swapped to another titan and repeated. I had a sniper telemetry saved as well so that helped for Icebreaker. The helm did not seem to take long at all to max, it was done by the time I started bounties on my 3rd Titan.

jesus christ.... i want
the most broken weapon in the game
valus ta'aurc will be my bitch after i get this gun, payback for all the times hes annoyed me

Stop calling guns broken. Bungie is monitoring and I don't want any more nerfs.

If Bungie nerfs the IB and this weapon, I blame you and only you.

As my excitement builds, what's the over/under on the number of times Ska says "Muddah fucka" tonight? I think I want to set it at 20... and I'll take the over..

ocean

Banned
Thanks for the Crota tips! Alright. Excited to get started later.

That Sniper is life. Infinite ammo on sustained crits and good stability AND it's Legendary? I need it I need it.

LiK

Where do I do the kill hive using blade sword on earth? Do I have to wait for random sword spawns?

There's two spots where you spawn in. The cave there and basement where the shed is. They will spawn there. Nami showed me the locations which made it easy for me to find.

I guess there's a guide out there somewhere

MADGAME

Where do I do the kill hive using blade sword on earth? Do I have to wait for random sword spawns?

Would like to know too. Searched all over :\

That's what I did for an Eris bounty. I thought it was going to be tedious waiting for spawns like Public Events, but it wasn't. I went to Earth and within a few minutes in each section I saw the message "The Hive have started a ritual" or "The blades of Crota have invaded this world" or something like that. After I nabbed the sword and killed them I would go to next section - Mothyards, Forgotten Shore, wherever really. Within a few minutes it would happen again.

Is that a duplicate Eris bounty or is that the one from a day or two ago?

kidko

Gambled on exotic helm and got a titan one, so sharded it and upgraded Light Beyond Nemesis. Now all I need is a crucible comm and I'll be able to pick up the new chest piece from Shaxx and be on my way to 31!

R0ckman

I'm glad the Crota weapons have practical perk uses outside of the raid. Unlike some of the VoG weapons. Penetrate knight shields, Do more damage to yellow hive enemies... Funny this weapon dropped for me when I was thinking it would be cool to have theses perks earlier in the day.

Rocketyard is my perferred killing spot since a bunch of people camp out Skywatch. Wait for the Blade to spawn then go to town on the local Hive.

I use to be able to go back to orbit and go back into an empty instance and farm for a decent amount of time, now it doesn't take too much time before people start piling in.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Anywhere in the Cosmodrome. There's usually 2 spots in each section that are spawn points for the ritual, but I prefer either The Steppes (because of the 3 Hive Majors/Ultras underground) or Skywatch (for all the constantly-spawning Thralls and Acolytes.)

i'm glad i don't need to worry about titan or warlock mats because there's no room now.

ZD3lA8q.jpg

inventory is so mismanaged. why aren't the eris quests in the mission section?

Steroyd

Pretty much, when you see a message about a sword appearing, on the forgotton Shore on the first broken ship when you enter, one of the early earth missions you actually deploy Dinklebot to scan on it if that helps you remember, on Mothyards go on the left side and before the torn down plane there's a cave somewhere, that's where the hive spawn from eventually.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
i'm glad i don't need to worry about titan or warlock mats because there's no room now.

ZD3lA8q.jpg

inventory is so mismanaged. why aren't the eris quests in the mission section?

I see some Plasteel plating there, so you've got something for Titans there.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'll join you for nightfall and weekly if you'd like. I need them as well for one character.
Excellent, what time are you available?

Man so tonight I want to do that (6 omniguls), then max glimmer, grab whichever Xur stuff is most relevant after my nightfall results, and do whatever leveling I can on those new items for all my characters... then tomorrow I want to do a Hard VoG, and two runs through the first phase of CE, the Sunday I'm finishing CE with my group... and I'd like to squeeze in some of my new Thorn bounty stuff and potentially another Hard or Normal VoG in there somewhere... gonna be a destinyful weekend o_o

Varvor

Upgrading Ice Breaker (so are you, right? Right?!)

I wouldn't do that just yet. My vanilla only 2/3 upgraded IB kills raid knights in 3 hits to the head as a level 30. Its safe to assume that once its fully upgraded and toon is 31/32 it will two shot.

I would prioritize more important items like armor and primary weapons as upgrades due to resource scarcity.

phen0m24

Would like to know too. Searched all over :\

Spawn in the beginning. Run around doing your 30 melees or 20 fusion rifle kills.

The Hive ritual guys spawn downstairs outside of the 3 Hive Room.

If you're outside they will spawn out of caves and pour into the large field.

I find a few minutes at either the Steppes (where you spawn) or the Divide (home of the Walker) and a group of them will spawn.

Coconut

Banned
Bladedancing for the first part.

This is going to be great, I have 3 hunters. Going to be able to get both of the chest and 2 raid loot drops easily and then just wait until people need help with crota at the end of the raid and jump in for people.

Hunter master race until they patch it out. But by then hopefully I will have all my raid armor and weapon drop I will want.

You got a link to a video of someone doing it? This with the 24 hour reset will set me up well for all the terrible RNG rolls I've had with this game

Varvor

thanks. we eventually figured this out
but we weren't getting up to crota fast enough and he'd just pop right back up. will try the pillar stuff too to see if that helps.

i know i'm just messin since she blames everyone at least once lol

our group is fun. just wish we had more time to play.

Twilight, you should have came with me and Carson yesterday, we downed Crota 3 times in a row. Could always use more good snipers.

Top Bottom