• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Need one for Crotas end blind raid tonight on ps4. my group ran through the first part and didn't get the checkpoint, but we'd like to tackle it without a guide. We've got a couple 31s and the rest are 30, max weapons etc.. We'll be starting 530-6 tonight Pacific.

hydruxo

Beat Crota with some gaffers just now, great job guys! That fight is pretty tough but it's a blast. Got the raid sniper and the Cryptographic shader.

IlNYCS1.jpg

LordofPwn

How much light does a new exotic have before the final column, and how much per node in that final column?

We need numbers, people!

EL CUCO

I should be up for it. I mayyyyy be able to reach level 31 before then. I'd be up for either Crota and/or a fresh run on my alt. I promise that I won't stand in front of you when you are firing a rocket if you promise not to put up a shield right in front of me when I'm firing one of mine :)

Stop firing rockets and use your Icebreaker!!! :p

all i want from this game right now is the raid shader and a legendary sniper comparable to my hieracon. preferably in orange.

rngesus please. i will sacrifice goats.

MADGAME

I should be up for it. I mayyyyy be able to reach level 31 before then. I'd be up for either Crota and/or a fresh run on my alt. I promise that I won't stand in front of you when you are firing a rocket if you promise not to put up a shield right in front of me when I'm firing one of mine :)

I would promise but you would just end up disappointed!

Cool, I may be ready a bit earlier, just need to sort out Xur Hurr Durr first. Will be up for either beginning or Crota.

I know people are bummed about Iron Banner capping out at Level 31 but I'm happy I don't have to force myself to play something I don't find particularly fun to get better gear.

Aside from that though where are the PVE events? If they're gonna bring back Queen's wrath anytime soon I pray to God it's not as useless and pretty bad as the first time.

I still can't believe they were saying people couldn't judge the game fairly until their first event was out and Queen's Wrath was that event Lol.

ocean

Banned
Throwing out a feeler post - I have 2 Crota Checkpoints I need completed and need to run a freshy on my last alt. Anyone want to party up in about 4 hours from the time of this post?

31 Titan and familiar with all raid mechanics
I'd be down for Crota. I'm a level 30 Titan, doubt I'll have grinded to 31 by then. I'm a_javierp if you have a free slot! I'd love to. Get that sniper.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Need one for Crotas end blind raid tonight on ps4. my group ran through the first part and didn't get the checkpoint, but we'd like to tackle it without a guide. We've got a couple 31s and the rest are 30, max weapons etc.. We'll be starting 530-6 tonight Pacific.

Ill go, 30 Hunter - PSN Cybrwzrd

Deku Tree

Dear Bungie,

I really want to upgrade my TLW, Red Death, and Thorn but I don't want to spend a lot of time at the exclusion zone this weekend. I already upgraded three exotics today. Maybe I'll just turn them into exotic shards...

Sucks.

MADGAME

I'd be down for Crota. I'm a level 30 Titan, doubt I'll have grinded to 31 by then. I'm a_javierp if you have a free slot! I'd love to. Get that sniper.

I'm with you, need some Crota raid weapons on my life. We're already PSN friends, I'll send a msg on there a little before start time.

ocean

Banned
I'm with you, need some Crota raid weapons on my life. We're already PSN friends, I'll send a msg on there a little before start time.
It'll be my first time at Crota. I have run every other segment of the raid though. Any guides so I won't be a burden once we get there?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Stop firing rockets and use your Icebreaker!!! :p

I'm going to use my ice breaker and nothing else on my next run.

It'll be my first time at Crota. I have run every other segment of the raid though. Any guides so I won't be a burden once we get there?

You won't be a burden, it takes 30 seconds to explain the basics of the fight. Unless Madgame is explaining, then it takes about 15 minutes (kidding!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl1cGPKJwfo

First off spawn Crota. Take out all the Acolytes and Knights. It's important to take out the Acolytes in particular because later on they can be a pain if they are still around. Everyone now moves to the entrance. This has a big doorway where everyone can hide from Crota when he moves to the left and right. When Crota is in the middle the team is able to accomplish a lot of damage on him.

Stay in the aforementioned area and wait for the Sowrdbearer to come at you. After the Swordbearer dies the level 31 picks it up immediately and goes to where the Chalice was. At the same time all 4-5 other people need to start bringing Crota's shield down. Once his shield gets to 50% start calling it out. This is necessary so the sword carrier knows when to jump up and hit Crota. The sword carrier can hit Crota up to 3 times then back down to the Chalice spawn. Wait for Crota to become vulnerable again and IMMEDIATELY hit him with everything you have. Gjallarhorn helps a lot. The sword carrier can hit him again for 3 hits. If you don't hit Crota fast enough he will most likely move to the left and right side. This is not optimal and will likely mean you can't hit him again.

If Crota moves to the left or right, fall back to the entrance and stay safe. Occasionally two Ogres will spawn. they will come to you. Have a Titan with weapons of light set one up in the entrance and hit them with everything you have. Kill them and continue the same strategy already mentioned.

One key thing you will notice in the video is how I get up on the pillar. This pillar is safe from all enemies unless A) Acolytes are alive and B) Crota is on the left or right. One of the other players moved up to the pillar in front of me but you can be hit by Crota from there so use caution. Of course everyone should destroy the Oversoul as soon as it spawns. Additionally, one person that jumps on the pillars may want to shoot the Knights in the towers. These Knights can be a big pain for the sword carrier.

*Apparently you don't need a 31, but it is highly recommended.

Ruin Wings make it rain HW ammo.

If only they weren't so ugly. ;_;

They are goddamn beautiful.

LiK

seriously, how are you guys beating crota?

fig, you've failed us as the MVP

lol, we can't blame each other. it was our first time and we only had 3 hours tops before Todd had to leave. A lot of the other guys here been playing it much longer than us through the last few days so they had way more time to retry than us.

MADGAME

I am down for a fresh run.
Okay, this would be my preference also, You would make 3 and would need 3 more.

No burden, it does help to have a 31 or two but 30's are perfectly acceptable. Going to try to put preference on the entire raid first, then clean up the checkpoints after. Really hoping to knock them out sequentially. Yesterday we ran a fresh run with 3 people who had no exposure to the new raid and reached Crota very quickly.

IYou won't be a burden, it takes 30 seconds to explain the basics of the fight. Unless Madgame is explaining, then it takes about 15 minutes (kidding!).
Bahahaha my new explanation by section: Run. Stand there and Shoot. Run. Stand there and Shoot.

Am_I_Evil

Added coy.

Need one more. Will put alts down as well just in case.

---
Looking to blow through Vault of Glass on Hard tonight at 10:30 PM CST (PS4). Posting early so people can see. Please be experienced and at least level 30.

1. ShinigamiFrost - Level 30
2. PhantomPaincake - Level 31
3. zewone - Level 31
4. SharkJAW - Level 30
5. coyquettish - Level 30

Alt 1.
Alt 2.

My PSN is: ShinigamiFrost

Mainly going for ascendant materials and exotic shards.

Can i get in on this? Level 30...beat the normal a ton but recently 30 and never able to get a group to get through hard all the way before...though there was lots of cheese lol

PSN: Am_I_Evil

Navy Bean

lol, we can't blame each other. it was our first time and we only had 3 hours tops before Todd had to leave. A lot of the other guys here been playing it much longer than us through the last few days so they had way more time to retry than us.

Bah, it's more fun for the rest of us if you start blaming each other...

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
No but my pants just ripped. Shit. The one day I choose not to wear shorts underneath and this shit happens. I'm trying to get a hold of my boss from the comfort of the restroom cause its bad. Like real bad. Fuck me. Fuck these $35 pants.

Seriously, my pants ripped.

It doesn't count when you take scissors to them ;)

Sullichin

Daaaamn, 302 Thunderlord is doing 1010 per crit hit on Omnigul with Arc Burn! I've never seen such DPS. And STILL me and my friend gave up, I'll try again later with 3 people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl1cGPKJwfo

First off spawn Crota. Take out all the Acolytes and Knights. It's important to take out the Acolytes in particular because later on they can be a pain if they are still around. Everyone now moves to the entrance. This has a big doorway where everyone can hide from Crota when he moves to the left and right. When Crota is in the middle the team is able to accomplish a lot of damage on him.

Stay in the aforementioned area and wait for the Sowrdbearer to come at you. After the Swordbearer dies the level 31 picks it up immediately and goes to where the Chalice was. At the same time all 4-5 other people need to start bringing Crota's shield down. Once his shield gets to 50% start calling it out. This is necessary so the sword carrier knows when to jump up and hit Crota. The sword carrier can hit Crota up to 3 times then back down to the Chalice spawn. Wait for Crota to become vulnerable again and IMMEDIATELY hit him with everything you have. Gjallarhorn helps a lot. The sword carrier can hit him again for 3 hits. If you don't hit Crota fast enough he will most likely move to the left and right side. This is not optimal and will likely mean you can't hit him again.

If Crota moves to the left or right, fall back to the entrance and stay safe. Occasionally two Ogres will spawn. they will come to you. Have a Titan with weapons of light set one up in the entrance and hit them with everything you have. Kill them and continue the same strategy already mentioned.

One key thing you will notice in the video is how I get up on the pillar. This pillar is safe from all enemies unless A) Acolytes are alive and B) Crota is on the left or right. One of the other players moved up to the pillar in front of me but you can be hit by Crota from there so use caution. Of course everyone should destroy the Oversoul as soon as it spawns. Additionally, one person that jumps on the pillars may want to shoot the Knights in the towers. These Knights can be a big pain for the sword carrier.

*Apparently you don't need a 31, but it is highly recommended.

They are goddamn beautiful.

thanks. we eventually figured this out
but we weren't getting up to crota fast enough and he'd just pop right back up. will try the pillar stuff too to see if that helps.

i know i'm just messin since she blames everyone at least once lol

our group is fun. just wish we had more time to play.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Bahahaha my new explanation by section: Run. Stand there and Shoot. Run. Stand there and Shoot.

What time did you want to start? I can ask some of the guys I regularly play with. They hopped on last night just as we were starting, unfortunately.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Added coy.

Need one more. Will put alts down as well just in case.

---
Looking to blow through Vault of Glass on Hard tonight at 10:30 PM CST (PS4). Posting early so people can see. Please be experienced and at least level 30.

1. ShinigamiFrost - Level 30
2. PhantomPaincake - Level 31
3. zewone - Level 31
4. SharkJAW - Level 30
5. coyquettish - Level 30

Alt 1.
Alt 2.

My PSN is: ShinigamiFrost

Mainly going for ascendant materials and exotic shards.

Can I get in on this? PSN Tokunbo, Level 30 Defender Titan.

Top Bottom