• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Managed to beat Urzok earlier with two randoms, one of whom was level 26. There were lots of rockets, and it was tough to see anything, really.

stupid Halloween helmet wasting space, cannot be deleted. Putting one on everyday to thin that fucker out.

- the worst game mode in the game
- huge shitty maps with shitty vehicles
- first light & bastion
- known to cause depression
2587210-5193752725-tumbl.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I wouldn't do that just yet. My vanilla only 2/3 upgraded IB kills raid knights in 3 hits to the head as a level 30. Its safe to assume that once its fully upgraded and toon is 31/32 it will two shot.

I would prioritize more important items like armor and primary weapons as upgrades due to resource scarcity.
My Ice Breaker has no bubbles filled in. It's a shard and 7k glimmer for a 42 damage upgrade for me. Regardless of scarcity or abundance (I believe I may shard an extra Monte Carlo for this purpose) it's a no-brainer for me.

None of the primary weapons on offer at all more worthwhile from my perspective to upgrade over Ice Breaker. I'll be upgrading Red Death and Thunderlord because they're similarly unupgraded and as such it's a good deal. But of course, armor is more important. Upgrading Armamentarium for sure, but the rest of what happens totally depends on the engram(s). And of course, there's a chance that my Nightfall rewards could throw this all off so I'm doing that first.

Varvor

What is Combined Arms? I know it's a crucible playlist but what's the deal?

Arguably the worst part of Destiny PvP, it essentially set to appeal to folks who like Battlefield but fails in it. Destiny's strength is close to mid range combat, not expensively large maps which turn in to camping snipe fest with exception of movement when heavy ammo spawns, because why bother use vehicles if you turn in to big target with bulls eye.

Hoodbury

Excellent, what time are you available?

Man so tonight I want to do that (6 omniguls), then max glimmer, grab whichever Xur stuff is most relevant after my nightfall results, and do whatever leveling I can on those new items for all my characters... then tomorrow I want to do a Hard VoG, and two runs through the first phase of CE, the Sunday I'm finishing CE with my group... and I'd like to squeeze in some of my new Thorn bounty stuff and potentially another Hard or Normal VoG in there somewhere... gonna be a destinyful weekend o_o

Around 6:30 CST I'll start playing tonight. Wife and kids are out of town so I can play so much this weekend, so excited.
I'll miss them a little bit though

Arguably the worst part of Destiny PvP, it essentially set to appeal to folks who like Battlefield but fails in it. Destiny's strength is close to mid range combat, not expensively large maps which turn in to camping snipe fest with exception of movement when heavy ammo spawns, because why bother use vehicles if you turn in to big target with bulls eye.

yep, vehicle combat doesn't work in destiny for reasons i've stated previously. vehicles don't offer the player more power than they have on foot off spawn. at least, not enough to warrant making yourself a huge target for the myriad of OHK abilities in the game.

and the maps are too big because the vehicles move so fast.

it's a mess. maybe it'd be better with more players but that'd just be more golden guns and snipers on the map.

squadr0n

Hey Gaf, Im about to hop on Destiny now if anyone is looking for people to do a run thru Vault of Glass raid sometime today. I have all the Raid gear accept the Helm and Chest piece which I really need to finally get past lvl 29 lol.

PS4 Name: Squadon

LFG for Vault of Glass Raid
Lvl29 Warlock

Our 31 is M.I.A. would anyone like to join us at the crota CP? Preferably a 31 because the rest of us is 30. (PS4)

Second person seems to be unavailable too, so we might need another 30+. Any takers?

EDIT: full

Varvor

i'll take you up on that offer if my raid tomorrow falls through. my hives is getting worse.

I am at work this whole weekend (hence the camping in the forums) and those times when ill be on is to do some leveling to hit 31 on all 3 toons. Join me for raid on Tuesdays as we have dedicated group with one or two spots for first come first serve basis.

Is it really that hard to beat this guy? He was a joke when I used the new IB.

It's not him, it's more the constant spawns that are the problem. Fallen behind you, Hive ahead. Got my ass handed to me the first time I fought him because he took me by surprise on a Warsat, but this time it was easy. Armor of light went a LONG way.

rNilla

Urzok showed up yesterday while I was doing a Warsat. Too bad I didn't have the quest yet but now I know what that was about.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Combined Arms is absolutely worthless
Around 6:30 CST I'll start playing tonight. Wife and kids are out of town so I can play so much this weekend, so excited.
I'll miss them a little bit though
Sweet! If anyone wants to do one (weekly heroic or Nightfall) beforehand at like 7:00 EST, sign up now.

Zakalwe

Banned
Hey Gaf, Im about to hop on Destiny now if anyone is looking for people to do a run thru Vault of Glass raid sometime today. I have all the Raid gear accept the Helm and Chest piece which I really need to finally get past lvl 29 lol.

Lvl29 Warlock

Do you not have the dlc?

I am at work this whole weekend (hence the camping in the forums) and those times when ill be on is to do some leveling to hit 31 on all 3 toons. Join me for raid on Tuesdays as we have dedicated group with one or two spots for first come first serve basis.

cool. my 4am tuesday raids with raishin and co haven't been active for a while so i'm game.

Lvl29 Warlock

Hard mode? I have a gorgon checkpoint if you want to run from there.

phen0m24

Combined Arms is absolutely worthless

Sweet! If anyone wants to do one (weekly heroic or Nightfall) beforehand at like 7:00 EST, sign up now.

Stares in at Hawkian

Assuming my son is not invited to and in like 4 clans and raiding hardcore by the time I get home maybe I'll say hi. :p

Typically I'm running with deafmedal's crew on Friday/Saturday nights but he seemed pretty burnt out on the expansion.. Will see if they are on tonight :(

Deku Tree

Anywhere in the Cosmodrome. There's usually 2 spots in each section that are spawn points for the ritual, but I prefer either The Steppes (because of the 3 Hive Majors/Ultras underground) or Skywatch (for all the constantly-spawning Thralls and Acolytes.)

Would like to know too. Searched all over :

There's two spots where you spawn in. The cave there and basement where the shed is. They will spawn there. Nami showed me the locations which made it easy for me to find.

I guess there's a guide out there somewhere

Rocketyard is my perferred killing spot since a bunch of people camp out Skywatch. Wait for the Blade to spawn then go to town on the local Hive.

That's what I did for an Eris bounty. I thought it was going to be tedious waiting for spawns like Public Events, but it wasn't. I went to Earth and within a few minutes in each section I saw the message "The Hive have started a ritual" or "The blades of Crota have invaded this world" or something like that. After I nabbed the sword and killed them I would go to next section - Mothyards, Forgotten Shore, wherever really. Within a few minutes it would happen again.

Is that a duplicate Eris bounty or is that the one from a day or two ago?

Thanks everyone! It's an old bounty. I am behind on them.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My 9 year old loves it for some reason. So it isn't totally worthless.
hahah fair enough.

I like the idea of those maps and vehicles for Capture the Flag, or a 12v12 setup. A 6v6 Clash match on First Light is probably my least favorite individual thing you can do in Destiny.

So my Materials inventory section is completely full. What happens if I get another new type of material like what Eris is selling at Rank 3

Will I lose another material from my inventory to make way for the new one?

I'm sure I lost some secondary ammo when my other inventory section got full. They disappeared and I lost 20 ammo packs :/

spyder_ur

I'd be down as I need it on my Hunter, but I don't think I can quite get her to 29 by then. Comfortable running it at 29, but not 28 I don't think, although we did take through a 28 earlier this week.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So my Materials inventory section is completely full. What happens if I get another new type of material like what Eris is selling at Rank 3

Will I lose another material from my inventory to make way for the new one?

I'm sure I lost some secondary ammo when my other inventory section got full. They disappeared and I lost 20 ammo packs :/
If it's anything like the Weapons, you simply won't be able to pick it up/store it.

Top Bottom