• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Can someone please answer this:

Why are they still doling out old versions of weapons?

As I said previously, I got Gjallahorn in last night's VoG HARD Raid. However, it was the old version. This seems really stupid that the game still gives old versions of exotics post-upgrade.

Why do they still give out old un-graded weapons, when these weapons are being phased out?

Coconut

Banned
I am starting to feel the burnout on this game. I feel compelled to grind these bounties for the Rep/XP but they aren't any fun the 50th time. Now have to grind glimmer and fucking Helium filaments for hours for my gear. I need a break but I also don't want to miss out on anything.

Seeing everyone else get top tier drops just makes you feel like you are falling behind and you can't catch up because Xur and RNG just troll you over and over.

I might just bank some coins and peek in each Friday to see if Xur mercifully gives something I want.

You do know you can buy upgrade material from the vanguard and crucible weapon dealer bots, right.

I am starting to feel the burnout on this game. I feel compelled to grind these bounties for the Rep/XP but they aren't any fun the 50th time. Now have to grind glimmer and fucking Helium filaments for hours for my gear. I need a break but I also don't want to miss out on anything.

Seeing everyone else get top tier drops just makes you feel like you are falling behind and you can't catch up because Xur and RNG just troll you over and over.

I might just bank some coins and peek in each Friday to see if Xur mercifully gives something I want.

I feel this exact same way. Having to grind all over again so early is really taking the wind out of my sails. Especially since well have to do it all over again in another 3-4 months when the next dlc hits.

what?

Correct.

For this dilemma to come into play he has to be selling and offering the same item for upgrade though. Much of the cost of doing either one can be ascribed to "getting it now," since there are no guarantees when he'll have your desired item again.

Also comes into play when he isn't selling what you want, and are willing to grab WHATEVER it takes to get to 31. I'm done going for the gear with perks that match my play style since by the time I get there, it will get reset anyway.

Finally got the PS-exclusive warlock helm last night.

I'm holding onto it, even though it's just a blue, in hopes that Bungie will someday add transmogrification to the game.

hoggert

What's Apotheosis Veil good for? I got one from an engram too, but it doesn't look like it's that good compared to the other helms.
Nuking points in control lol I'm just trying to contain my disappointment and not buying and upgrading last weeks helm.

You do know you can buy upgrade material from the vanguard and crucible weapon dealer bots, right.

Blew all my marks on shiny new 31 gear and now have to save up more for the rest. The 100 max per week means I can't blow it on Helium Filaments or it will take 2 more weeks to get what I need.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I feel this exact same way. Having to grind all over again so early is really taking the wind out of my sails. Especially since well have to do it all over again in another 3-4 months when the next dlc hits.

This is why simply popping in for the weekly and daily for the guaranteed rewards is actually the best way to play Destiny. I couldn't care less about grinding out levels when 33 will be the new 31 which is the new 29 in just a couple of months.

westtrade

Neo Member
Throwing out a feeler post - I have 2 Crota Checkpoints I need completed and need to run a freshy on my last alt. Anyone want to party up in about 4 hours from the time of this post?

31 Titan and familiar with all raid mechanics

if you have a open spot, add me. psn: westtrade
lvl 31 titan

Namikaze1

I got sent home because of this:
No but my pants just ripped. Shit. The one day I choose not to wear shorts underneath and this shit happens. I'm trying to get a hold of my boss from the comfort of the restroom cause its bad. Like real bad. Fuck me. Fuck these $35 pants.

Seriously, my pants ripped.

My boss and fellow coworkers had a laugh. I'm afraid to show my face around there. The hole went from my crotch down to my left knee. She asked how the fuck that happened in between laughs. I just glared at her and begged her to help me out. Help me out she did by calling my coworkers over. I had to walk five minutes to downtown to get the bus with a huge hole in my pants. You know how cold it is outside?!

I arrived home to multiple messages from my friends laughing at me. Bastards. One of my friends works at the place so I know it was him who spread the news around. Imma get him soon.

I don't even want to play destiny now. This is too embarrassing.

My Destiny experience so far in a nutshell.

I like the game but constantly being the most vulnerable guy with the lowest armor level is getting old fast. Great start to the new and supposedly "improved" RNG system in the new raid. So far I'm the only one from my group to not get an exotic weapon, just materials...as usual.

Dante316

My boss and fellow coworkers had a laugh. I'm afraid to show my face around there. The hole went from my crotch down to my left knee. She asked how the fuck that happened in between laughs. I just glared at her and begged her to help me out. Help me out she did by calling my coworkers over. I had to walk five minutes to downtown to get the bus with a huge hole in my pants. You know how cold it is outside?!

I arrived home to multiple messages from my friends laughing at me. Bastards. One of my friends works at the place so I know it was him who spread the news around. Imma get him soon.

ohh damm, had no one from home to get u pants from? Like bros or mom and dad?

Sounds like an excellent day. I'm sure this happened because of all those Hawkmoon's you dismantled.

todd360

Can we please bitch at deej until he explains to us why they feel it necessary to make xur sell only voidfang? Like the original 3 helmets are all shit. They haven't even sold one of those yet and no one wants them. I would feel like were making progress towards praxic fire if they sold dragon helmet atleast. I legit want to punch the guy who decided to screw over warlocks.

Sorry that happened to you bro. We all have those moments in life.

Edit: Read someone comment saying you dismantled multiple Hawkmoons, fuck you buddy.

So upgrading your exotic gear gets you a new reset one, that sucks.
Does that also happen to exotic weapons?

Your new version of the armor starts at like 302 though, so you're already starting out with a better piece. The only really issue is having to re-unlock all of the perks, which you'd be doing anyway if you bought new armor so all in all it's not a huge deal to me. It's just really annoying for guns you use in crucible.

Can we please bitch at deej until he explains to us why they feel it necessary to make xur sell only voidfang? Like the original 3 helmets are all shit. They haven't even sold one of those yet and no one wants them. I would feel like were making progress towards praxic fire if they sold dragon helmet atleast. I legit want to punch the guy who decided to screw over warlocks.

NO BOOTS FOR YOU!

Top Bottom