• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

cilonen

Upgraded Ice Breaker and Armamentarium, bought Ruin Wings and then ran through Eris' Sacred Urn quests and got her legendary gauntlets.

It's been a good evening,

As an aside, is Truth any good? I would dive in, but I'm holding out for the ballerhorn.

hoggert

Wanted Apothesis Veil and Inmost Light from engrams and just got those exact items decrypting right now. I guess after 7 primary engrams turning into energy forcing me to use rares forever, Rahool took pity on me

Varvor

Iron Banner!!!

Debatable....

Last IB I had fully level The Last Word and two unleveled versions of it (what can I say...I am a fan). As a level 30 I saw no difference in damage between weapons as i swaped them.

If there is a difference, its negligible as its more weighted by your level not weapon's level.

Alrighty, all full. Still accepting alts in case someone can't make it/has to drop out.

--

Looking to blow through Vault of Glass on Hard tonight at 10:30 PM CST (PS4). Posting early so people can see. Please be experienced and at least level 30.

1. ShinigamiFrost - Level 30
2. PhantomPaincake - Level 31
3. zewone - Level 31
4. SharkJAW - Level 30
5. coyquettish - Level 30
6. Am_I_Evil - Level 30

Alt 1. Tokunbo - Level 30

My PSN is: ShinigamiFrost

Mainly going for ascendant materials and exotic shards.

--

Will send out invites around 10:20 PM CST.

squadr0n

Ok just saw Xur and his dumb way of upgrading stuff. I couldn't upgrade my chest piece but he was selling the same one but updated light stats so I can finally go above 30. I bout the chest piece and ready to level up!

So if anyone is doing either of the Raids please let me know on PS4. I have the DLC and done everything.

PSN: Squadon

Wanted Apothesis Veil and Inmost Light from engrams and just got those exact items decrypting right now. I guess after 7 primary engrams turning into energy forcing me to use rares forever, Rahool took pity on me

What's Apotheosis Veil good for? I got one from an engram too, but it doesn't look like it's that good compared to the other helms.

Dante316

Still at work and im itching to beat crota. Hours need to go faster dammit, I also have to farm glimmer to upgrade soo much icebreaker, last word and suros.

As an aside, is Truth any good? I would dive in, but I'm holding out for the ballerhorn.

Truth is good for PvP with its aggressive tracking and 3 rounds but i like my Ballerhorn better for PvE

Fun fact, I killed 5 dudes with one Truth rocket while they were all capping a point last night.

spyder_ur

I could not be any less excited about grinding Eris rep. Gringing rep is easily my least favorite part of the game. I'm sure I'll do it, but I won't like it.

Still at work and im itching to beat crota. Hours need to go faster dammit, I also have to farm glimmer to upgrade soo much icebreaker, last word and suros.

Still need to do him too man :(

We nearly had him a few times too.

I'm level 31 now though so hopefully feels a little easier lol

SharkJAW

I could not be any less excited about grinding Eris rep. Gringing rep is easily my least favorite part of the game. I'm sure I'll do it, but I won't like it.
Tell me about it. I have to hit rank 4 to upgrade my murmur and Eris only offers 4 or so bounties at a time.

Okay, I haven't been paying much attention to this game for the past few weeks, so I need someone's help explaining this new Exotic business to me. I have a few Exotic weapons that I haven't upgraded at all. What steps do I need to take to ensure that I don't have to upgrade them twice? Is there a way to simply skip straight to the second step?

Varvor

Truth is good for PvP with its aggressive tracking and 3 rounds but i like my Ballerhorn better for PvE

Fun fact, I killed 5 dudes with one Truth rocket while they were all capping a point last night.

I felt that my truth has been sideline'd real quick. I must have used it only once and it was in pvp. If I am to make use of my exotic heavy slot it will be either Ghorn or Thunderlord (optional) and if I were to use legendary slot then it would be one of many rocket lunches. As of yesterday I walked away not with one but TWO raid rocket launchers and to me its Ghorn's lil brother, but does not take up exotic slot....

I can imagine using this rocket launcher with exception of void burn strike.

furthermore Ghorn is insane in pvp, for even if I were to miss the shot 4/5 times wolf pack self tracking rockets will finish off the target(s)

She needs lots more bounties. It's taking an age to get the upgrade part for the Murmur. Doesn't help that the part to upgrade it fully isn't even the last notch to do.

zewone

So, Combined Arms is up. But where is my motherfucking Salvage???

Looks like Salvage will not be a permanent playlist. :(

Public Playlists
Limited-time playlists (Salvage and Combined Arms) will be available to all players
Bastion and First Light have moved out of Control and Clash to Combined Arms

I mis-read that "available to all players" as being available at all times, but it's implying that non-DLC owners can still access it going forward.

So disappointing as it's my favorite gametype.

SharkJAW

Okay, I haven't been paying much attention to this game for the past few weeks, so I need someone's help explaining this new Exotic business to me. I have a few Exotic weapons that I haven't upgraded at all. What steps do I need to take to ensure that I don't have to upgrade them twice? Is there a way to simply skip straight to the second step?
They must be available for upgrade at Xur. The upgrade requires 7k glimmer and an exotic shard (can be bought from Xur or from breaking down an exotic). Don't level up any weapons prior to upgrading. It would be a waste.

Gordon

Does Destiny have any avatar awards? I haven't even bothered looking. My son decided it was time to revamp my avatar today, so I went with a little more flair than usual. Turned out pretty good..

You can upgrade old exotics through Xur, but only on the ones he offers (so you can't upgrade any exotic you want). Each one will cost you an exotic shard and 7k glimmer. An exotic shard can be obtained from Xur for 7 strange coins or by dismantling exotics.

Here's this week's (taken from here: http://www.bungie.net/en-US/Forum/Post/70470920/0/0):

WEAPONS:
- ICEBREAKER
- THORN
- THUNDERLORD
- RED DEATH
- THE LAST WORD
- SUROS REGIME

ARMOR:
-MASK OF THE THIRD MAN
- YOUNG AHAMKARA'S SPINE
- THE ARNAMENTARIUM
- NO BACK UP PLANS
- LIGHT BEYOND NEMSIS
- SUNBREAKERS

Looks like Salvage will not be a permanent playlist. :(

Public Playlists
Limited-time playlists (Salvage and Combined Arms) will be available to all players
Bastion and First Light have moved out of Control and Clash to Combined Arms

I mis-read that "available to all players" as being available at all times, but it's implying that non-DLC owners can still access it going forward.

So disappointing as it's my favorite gametype.

I guess I'll never be a Guardian Lord...

Zakalwe

Banned
They must be available for upgrade at Xur. The upgrade requires 7k glimmer, an exotic shard (can be bought from Xur or from breaking down an exotic) and 7 strange coins. Don't level up any weapons prior to upgrading. It would be a waste.

You don't need strange coins.

Old exotic
Exotic shard
7-8k glimmer

You can buy an exotic shard for 7 coins if you eonMt have one.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If you have any exotic items (not just weapons, armor is arguably much more important) that Xur is offering right now for upgrade, you give him the item, an exotic shard, and 7k glimmer, and he gives you back an upgraded version. If you don't have an exotic shard, you can buy one for 7 strange coins. The options for today/tomorrow's visit are:
Mask of the Third Man
Young Ahamkara's Spine
The Armamentarium
No Backup Plans
Light Beyond Nemesis
Sunbreakers
Suros Regime
Red Death
The Last Word
Thorn
Icebreaker
Thunderlord

Gordon

They must be available for upgrade at Xur. The upgrade requires 7k glimmer, an exotic shard (can be bought from Xur or from breaking down an exotic) and 7 strange coins. Don't level up any weapons prior to upgrading. It would be a waste.
Actually the shard is 7 coins. If you already have one you don't need to spend any.
What the hell?

ZLt1p81.jpg
In my experience when that happens to me (where I am the green bar) it actually means I'm lagging like crazy and everybody else sees the inverse with me redbar and everybody else doing fine.

X-Frame

Does anyone need to do the Nightfall and the Weekly?

Level 30 Warlock, looking to get them done on my alt (who does not have it unlocked btw).

Do all the new Warlock chest pieces from the Vanguard and Crucible vendors look like tattered hand me down rags? I mean wtf, I buy one to help me hit 31 and it looks like another guardian already died wearing it lol.

If Xur is selling the helm that I want, it's cheaper to buy it then upgrade...right?

Upgrade would be 7 coins for a shard, and the loss of 1 more shard that I would get for the breakdown, or 7 coins to replace that lost shard. So, 14 coins and 7000 glimmer to upgrade vs 13 coins for purchase.

rNilla

I have a new Knucklehead and Achlyophage Symbiote now so I'll probably wait and spend those resources on something else. I only ever used Mask for looks anyway.

Ha, after this I went and upgraded literally everything Xur is offering except Mask (and Thunderlord, because I don't have one). So, uh, I guess I'll upgrade Mask too...

Also, I did this without buying a single shard and still have 8 left over. I guess I had a lot of dupes?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Dinklebot - "WE'VE WOKEN THE HI....

Dinklebot - "Where the fuck's the hive?"

Is it just... gone now?
what?
If Xur is selling the helm that I want, it's cheaper to buy it then upgrade...right?

Upgrade would be 7 coins for a shard, and the loss of 1 more shard that I would get for the breakdown, or 7 coins to replace that lost shard. So, 14 coins and 7000 glimmer to upgrade vs 13 coins for purchase.
Correct.

For this dilemma to come into play he has to be selling and offering the same item for upgrade though. Much of the cost of doing either one can be ascribed to "getting it now," since there are no guarantees when he'll have your desired item again.

Varvor

Do all the new Warlock chest pieces from the Vanguard and Crucible vendors look like tattered hand me down rags? I mean wtf, I buy one to help me hit 31 and it looks like another guardian already died wearing it lol.

He/she probably did die in it...that's why they reselling it :p

They must be available for upgrade at Xur. The upgrade requires 7k glimmer and an exotic shard (can be bought from Xur or from breaking down an exotic). Don't level up any weapons prior to upgrading. It would be a waste.

Man, how lame. I'm currently filling up the last upgrade on one of my Exotics and it turns out it was all a waste.

squadr0n

Bump for the new page.

Anyone looking to do Vault of Glass please! let me know. I just got everything I need to hit 32 but I need that xp lol.

LVL 29 Warlock (not for long!) on PS4 PSN: Squadon

Dat Bungie logic ;)

Gordon

Wait a second, if Xur is the same cross-platform, does that mean that he won't be offering PS exclusive exotic upgrades? Not that it matters, as I'm running a 360 and won't be meeting Hawkmoon until I'm level 50 ffs lol

I am starting to feel the burnout on this game. I feel compelled to grind these bounties for the Rep/XP but they aren't any fun the 50th time. Now have to grind glimmer and fucking Helium filaments for hours for my gear. I need a break but I also don't want to miss out on anything.

Seeing everyone else get top tier drops just makes you feel like you are falling behind and you can't catch up because Xur and RNG just troll you over and over.

I might just bank some coins and peek in each Friday to see if Xur mercifully gives something I want.

Top Bottom