• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Tokubetsu

So Eris got used to dark and was corrupted by it etc so why is she standing outside? Wouldn't it make more sense for her to be indoors like that bar section of the hangar? She even has a line of dialog where she complains that it's too bright and can't "hear what's coming."

Why doesn't bungie care about the lore!!?!?! :(

Can we please bitch at deej until he explains to us why they feel it necessary to make xur sell only voidfang? Like the original 3 helmets are all shit. They haven't even sold one of those yet and no one wants them. I would feel like were making progress towards praxic fire if they sold dragon helmet atleast. I legit want to punch the guy who decided to screw over warlocks.
Trade your soul and have Bungie completely remove EVERY single warlock grenade from the game, and then MAYBE you'll get your praxic fire.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I got sent home because of this:

My boss and fellow coworkers had a laugh. I'm afraid to show my face around there. The hole went from my crotch down to my left knee. She asked how the fuck that happened in between laughs. I just glared at her and begged her to help me out. Help me out she did by calling my coworkers over. I had to walk five minutes to downtown to get the bus with a huge hole in my pants. You know how cold it is outside?!

I arrived home to multiple messages from my friends laughing at me. Bastards. One of my friends works at the place so I know it was him who spread the news around. Imma get him soon.

I don't even want to play destiny now. This is too embarrassing.
gotta just be part of the joke man. some days we'll all be throwing pies, other days we take them to the face.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I posted this in the Kotaku Destiny thread:
My only problem with Destiny at the moment is they compounded the grind to fucking quickly for people to soak up with-in a 3 week time

First everyone rushed to get to 31 as quickly (efficiently) as possible
Hell I got all 3 characters to 31 in 2 days from The Dark Below, but this was me planning out everything 2 weeks in advance and setting stuff up right, just so I can game the system

So it took 20,000+ Glimmer to get 3 characters leveled up to 31 with an absurd amount of destination materials + ascendant shards
Now Xur comes bringing the reXurbished Exotics, and I already bought 3 upgrades, which was another 24,000 Glimmer
Still need to do it again for the armor side, so it's another 15,000+ Glimmer for that

Then you need to upgrade those reXurbsihed items and need roughly 35,000 Glimmer to do so...

This is before you can buy the weekly stuff he is selling already that you need to level up

What is scary is next week you will most likely need 40,000-60,000 Glimmer for Iron Banner

I as a Destiny player am not the norm, more on the curve of hardcore+, for a normal player these 2-3 weeks combined would just make anyone drop the game

To get up to Destiny "level" you need roughly 120,000 to 150,000 Glimmer, 300+ Ascendant Shards, 5+ Exotic Shards, Enough Destination Materials, that you terraformed the planet by ripping out that many natural resources from it

There is a thing called "slow burn" to keep you on the grind carousel
Problem is the carousel is stuck on top of a tea pot swirl which is on top of a roller coaster which is on top of slingshot which is on top of a ferris wheel
(Sounds convoluted, but this really is the picture of the Destiny Grind)

The game doesn't buffer your time put in, it just keeps spinning w/o remorse

What do ya'll think?

Namikaze1

ohh damm, had no one from home to get u pants from? Like bros or mom and dad?
Parents are divorced. My mother was working. Two of my brothers are working, one with me. And the last is in school. So yeah, I was pretty much fucked.

Sounds like an excellent day. I'm sure this happened because of all those Hawkmoon's you dismantled.
But spraining my ankle in late November was my punishment for dismantling them. Who the hell did I pissed off recently?

*slowly realizes who*

Dammit, fig! While Hunters suck ass, I did say you were the exception!

So the urn isn't to start a quest for Necrochasm after all? How do you get the starting weapon then? I'm glad I don't have to waste marks on the gloves at least. I can buy the boots right away so I just need a chest solution to get to 31 (and XP)

Can we please bitch at deej until he explains to us why they feel it necessary to make xur sell only voidfang? Like the original 3 helmets are all shit. They haven't even sold one of those yet and no one wants them. I would feel like were making progress towards praxic fire if they sold dragon helmet atleast. I legit want to punch the guy who decided to screw over warlocks.

You have my sword. I outright refuse to believe it's random at this point. There's no fucking way it'd choose Voidfang this many times and not Praxic a single time. Now there's three chests assuming he'd sell Starfire and somehow it's still Voidfang. I don't understand why they hate Sunbros so much. I thought I'd guarantee be happy with Xur today with so many options for the first time and he still sucks a copious amount of D. Ice Breaker upgrade is the only single thing I'm glad is in there. No Praxic upgrade or better yet, on sale or Glasshouse or even Saint helm for Titan. Or Ballerhorn! Boooooooo! I'm likely going to buy three engrams when I get home and if one turns into Glasshouse, half my ire will dissipate. I won't be that lucky though :( This concludes my weekly Down with Xur! Make him Burn!

why would you need all that glimmer for iron banner if you already got 3 characters to 31

Hey Hawkbro, do you think I'm more likely to get Glasshouse or Saint helm decrypting with my Titan or Warlock? I know this seems like a stupid question but I feel like I could trick RNGessus if I did it with Warlock haha

kuppy

Your new version of the armor starts at like 302 though, so you're already starting out with a better piece. The only really issue is having to re-unlock all of the perks, which you'd be doing anyway if you bought new armor so all in all it's not a huge deal to me. It's just really annoying for guns you use in crucible.
Okay, yes, good point.

todd360

So the urn isn't to start a quest for Necrochasm after all? How do you get the starting weapon then? I'm glad I don't have to waste marks on the gloves at least. I can buy the boots right away so I just need a chest solution to get to 31 (and XP)

You have my sword. I outright refuse to believe it's random at this point. There's no fucking way it'd choose Voidfang this many times and not Praxic a single time. Now there's three chests assuming he'd sell Starfire and somehow it's still Voidfang. I don't understand why they hate Sunbros so much. I thought I'd guarantee be happy with Xur today with so many options for the first time and he still sucks a copious amount of D. Ice Breaker upgrade is the only single thing I'm glad is in there. No Praxic upgrade or better yet, on sale or Glasshouse or even Saint helm for Titan. Or Ballerhorn! Boooooooo! I'm likely going to buy three engrams when I get home and if one turns into Glasshouse, half my ire will dissipate. I won't be that lucky though :( This concludes my weekly Down with Xur! Make him Burn!

He won't even sell chest engrams anymore. Its like they know that the powerboot I would get from praxic fire would make me unstoppable and therefore a threat. A big cheesing threat.

realcZk

He won't even sell chest engrams anymore. Its like they know that the powerboot I would get from praxic fire would make me unstoppable and therefore a threat. A big cheesing threat.

screw praxic man have you seen that new warlock raid chest
the hunt is over bro
time to move on

Is it just me or are exotics upgrading a lot faster now? Got the Obsidian warlock helmet and I've been playing a couple of hours doing bounties and the daily and i have 1/2 a node left to max it out.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey Hawkbro, do you think I'm more likely to get Glasshouse or Saint helm decrypting with my Titan or Warlock? I know this seems like a stupid question but I feel like I could trick RNGessus if I did it with Warlock haha
No, unlike others I don't actually feel they are any ways to subvert math at all :-/

By "no" i.e. you're not more likely to get it either way. You have a 1/uhm, however many helms there are chance.
Is it just me or are exotics upgrading a lot faster now? Got the Obsidian warlock helmet and I've been playing a couple of hours doing bounties and the daily and i have 1/2 a node left to max it out.
I have not confirmed this myself, but have seen enough reports to conclude that it's not just you.

ocean

Banned
Guys I ran the numbers on EXP gain for upgraded Exotics.

Comparing my Ice Breaker's XP gains vs the bounties I've turned in (data pulled from destinystatus.com I've observed it's getting a 5% XP buff on top of the Nightfall 25%.

I haven't tested on armor but I'd imagine it's roughly the same? I did test whether newly bought Xûr Exotics had any buff and the answer is no. Only upgraded stuff.

Good to know I guess but with the amount of mats we dumped on old versions I expected a little more help to re level :/

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
why would you need all that glimmer for iron banner if you already got 3 characters to 31

331 Weapons =/ (here's hoping)

Remember the 11,500 Glimmer Scout Rifle + Fusion Rifle, then burn Motes of Light like a mad man to reforge into a decent gun...

No, unlike others I don't actually feel they are any ways to subvert math at all :-/

By "no" i.e. you're not more likely to get it either way. You have a 1/uhm, however many helms there are chance.

I have not confirmed this myself, but have seen enough reports to conclude that it's not just you.

I know, I just wanted to believe :(

Jinjo

Awesome start to our blind raid tonight! Had an amazing team with Zoltan, Stonebeard, Ambitious, Mr-Stephen & GalacticToast. We got to the third part of the raid with the
deathsinger
in about 3,5 hours. Once we figured out the strat for the second part we completed it in three tries. Was really dreading that after all the horror stories earlier in the week. Saint-14 Titan is so amazing in that part. First part we just ran through first try lol. This raid is so much more fun than VoG!

Got the raid boots for my Titan, now to get to level 31 quickly! Also, Jesus Wings together with Godhorn is god tier.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Probably for Iron banner weapons. Those damn things were expensive last time.
There were two for sale, I think they were 9650 each...
331 Weapons =/ (here's hoping)

Remember the 11,500 Glimmer Scout Rifle + Fusion Rifle, then burn Motes of Light like a mad man to reforge into a decent gun...
Were they 11500? Anyway how many are you going to buy? I plan to do whatever I need to do for upgraded weapons (would be awfully nice if reforging them would bring them up to the new Attack), but you said 40,000-60,000 glimmer...

Just ran Crota's end for the first time. Holy hell, it is fun.

We got up to
those stupid witches with the shriekers
and called it a day. I did manage to get this baby though.

I3fG6tS.jpg

Bloodpact shader <3

I'm the luckiest guy ever. I decided to take my chances with the exotic helmet engram rather than getting the Achlyophage Symbiote from Xur, and it ended up being the Achlyophage Symbiote!! Saved me some coins

ocean

Banned
Oh and the way XP stacks is favorable.

Instead of adding getting 5% XP gain to the base, it's actually calculated separately from the 25% Nightfall buff. So instead of getting 30% you get a 31.25% buff (1.05 * 1.25 * XP). 5,000 XP bounties end up adding 6,562 XP for Xûr upgraded gear :)

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I honestly don't think Xur will sell Ballerhorn again. Finding out he isn't random honestly killed my hopes for that. They'll just continue to rotate Truth in once a month as a way of trolling throwing us a bone.

Sent! Grabbing a coffee then logging in to negotiate with Xur. Will be good to go after that
Are we starting at 6:30 est? My cousin flight was running late, and I have to pick her up now.

Edit: If you guys want to find another go ahead. But I will be 10-15 mins late if you decide to wait.

Just ran Crota's end for the first time. Holy hell, it is fun.

We got up to
those stupid witches with the shriekers
and called it a day. I did manage to get this baby though.

I3fG6tS.jpg

Bloodpact shader <3
Is that chest the raid chest? God if so it looks great. Good job to Bungie for making the armor look better this time around.

Sent! Grabbing a coffee then logging in to negotiate with Xur. Will be good to go after that

If there is an open spot, I'm a level 30 hunter who would like to knock this out. Got him down to 20% with a team before we ended up calling it quits for the night.

So I posted this in the Kotaku Destiny thread:

What do ya'll think?

Finally other great minds who see the light, or rather don't see the light at the end of the tunnel. This tunnel just goes on forever, everytime you blink the light moves another quintillion miles away from you. Makes me wonder what kind of shit they'll pull three months from now when everyone has a million commendations and that barrier is gone. Probably another rep grind currency nobody wants or asked for.

People keep comparing this to an mmo but I've never played an mmo that limits your progress as intentionally as Destiny. I played vanilla WoW and that was a grind towards the end but it was fine because it never slowed my grind. It never said please come back and grind later at this specific point in time. It never said hey you've been too effective at gathering this resource so you can't anymore. The glimmer cap has had me peeved from the start, it has me double peeved knowing full well that I've technically already earned all of the glimmer I needed but I was capped so it went into the magic well of dissappearance. Theoretically I've earned enough glimmer to purchase anything I want twice over, in practice I'm running the exclusion zone over and over trying to upgrade the goddamn exotics I spent weeks raiding to get. It's infuriating honestly.

I also wasn't as keyed into the DLC goings on so I shat away my marks on mats I didn't need just because I was so happy I could stop patrolling for days on end. So now I'm slow out of the gates to 31.

ocean

Banned
I got Up For Anything (new Vanguard auto rifle) as faction level up reward. Very high RoF but a lot more impact than AE types and super high stability. Perfect Balance is an option but it's got enough stability I'd use Hammer Forged instead.

It's my only 331 primary right now. I want to farm glimmer to upgrade Suros but Exotic Primary is a tough call for the raid.

Once I max it I'll compare it to my current go-to Primaries (Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence) for raiding.

SkylineRKR

Nice. Was in doubt about TLW upgrade. Found it in Vanguard Roc.

Also got Arachnid Helm for Hunter, but its shit. The GG zoom makes it worse imo. Range doesn't change.

Ambitious

We gave up the raid for today. The
Deathsinger
was too hard, but one time it only had an few pixels of energy left. Not bad for a team of thirties, I think.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I got sent home because of this:

My boss and fellow coworkers had a laugh. I'm afraid to show my face around there. The hole went from my crotch down to my left knee. She asked how the fuck that happened in between laughs. I just glared at her and begged her to help me out. Help me out she did by calling my coworkers over. I had to walk five minutes to downtown to get the bus with a huge hole in my pants. You know how cold it is outside?!

I arrived home to multiple messages from my friends laughing at me. Bastards. One of my friends works at the place so I know it was him who spread the news around. Imma get him soon.

I don't even want to play destiny now. This is too embarrassing.
Nothing is so embarrassing that you stop playing Destiny, quit overreacting! :p

Top Bottom