• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

ocean

Banned
I got sent home because of this:

My boss and fellow coworkers had a laugh. I'm afraid to show my face around there. The hole went from my crotch down to my left knee. She asked how the fuck that happened in between laughs. I just glared at her and begged her to help me out. Help me out she did by calling my coworkers over. I had to walk five minutes to downtown to get the bus with a huge hole in my pants. You know how cold it is outside?!

I arrived home to multiple messages from my friends laughing at me. Bastards. One of my friends works at the place so I know it was him who spread the news around. Imma get him soon.

I don't even want to play destiny now. This is too embarrassing.
Happened to me during a job interview. I was so embarrassed but it's a funny story now and nothing more :) shame your friends are being assholes but it'll pass! You'll get your chance to make fun of them too eventually, things happen :p

Now let the everlasting grind consume you Guardian.

lt519

Still need two tomorrow for a ps4 Crota Raid at noon, doing it blind with no info. Starting at noon Eastern. Ps4 rarbusto

We gave up the raid for today. The
Deathsinger
was too hard, but one time it only had an few pixels of energy left. Not bad for a team of thirties, I think.

what worked for my group:

we had everyone rush one side at the start of the match. one person would run into the room to draw out the deathsinger and everyone else would sit either on the bridge or in the high rooms. it's important that nobody stands on the bottom or the stairs because of the sword knights.

when the wizard emerged, we'd snipe it. two people would then run in to take care of the shrieker (i was one and i had gjallarhorn, which took it out in nearly one hit). the other guys ran to the other side and we repeated the process. when the room to the deathsinger was opened, we had a titan pop weapons of light (and i think another one popped blessing of light) and it allowed us to run in there with strong weapons (more gjallarhorns or close range weapons) and deal as much damage as possible. as long as the deathsinger died before her song was finished, we'd beaten the clock. it's just a matter of killing the adds after that point, but you just have to regroup and focus the DPS.

took a while to get the execution down but i ended up enjoying it when we managed to work it out. it'll be considerably easy when we're able to kill the knights.

ocean

Banned
So what situations will infinity-crit Crota sniper be insane on? Off the top of my head there's Devil Walker, Atheon (until he starts romping around the room), Sepkis, Valus (rockets permitting of course) and the Nexus. It's my most-wanted weapon right now by far.

Varvor

we had everyone rush one side at the start of the match. one person would run into the room to draw out the deathsinger and everyone else would sit either on the bridge or in the high rooms. it's important that nobody stands on the bottom or the stairs because of the sword knights.

when the wizard emerged, we'd snipe it. two people would then run in to take care of the shrieker (i was one and i had gjallarhorn, which took it out in nearly one hit). the other guys ran to the other side and we repeated the process. when the room to the deathsinger was opened, we had a titan pop weapons of light (and i think another one popped blessing of light) and it allowed us to run in there with strong weapons (more gjallarhorns or close range weapons) and deal as much damage as possible. as long as the deathsinger died before her song was finished, we'd beaten the clock. it's just a matter of killing the adds after that point, but you just have to regroup and focus the DPS.

took a while to get the execution down but i ended up enjoying it when we managed to work it out. it'll be considerably easy when we're able to kill the knights.

Can confirm this start works great.

Namikaze1

Nothing is so embarrassing that you stop playing Destiny, quit overreacting! :p
It is! My life is over!
*Guardian down*
:p
Happened to me during a job interview. I was so embarrassed but it's a funny story now and nothing more :) shame your friends are being assholes but it'll pass! You'll get your chance to make fun of them too eventually, things happen :p

Now let the everlasting grind consume you Guardian.
I know they're just joking. This still doesn't come close to any of the embarrassing things that happened to a few of them. High school was such a good time.

Parents are divorced. My mother was working. Two of my brothers are working, one with me. And the last is in school. So yeah, I was pretty much fucked.

But spraining my ankle in late November was my punishment for dismantling them. Who the hell did I pissed off recently?

*slowly realizes who*

Dammit, fig! While Hunters suck ass, I did say you were the exception!

I had no idea my powers had grown so strong. (◕‿◕✿)

Ambitious

That's exactly what we were doing, but something always went wrong. Well, except for that one time we were literally seconds away from winning.

Anyway, we're going to continue it on Sunday. At which point several of us will be level 31, so it will be way easier.

Varvor

yup was very effective. at this point,
you should avoid most of the adds at first since you can't do anything to them in a timely manner.

That's exactly what we were doing, but something always went wrong. Well, except for that one time we were literally seconds away from winning.

Anyway, we're going to continue it on Sunday. At which point several of us will be level 31, so it will be way easier.

It cant be stressed enough to have titans throw blinding granades...they are life savers.

MADGAME

Are we starting at 6:30 est? My cousin flight was running late, and I have to pick her up now.

Edit: If you guys want to find another go ahead. But I will be 10-15 mins late if you decide to wait.
Was going to say no problem but you made it, yay!

If there is an open spot, I'm a level 30 hunter who would like to knock this out. Got him down to 20% with a team before we ended up calling it quits for the night.
Sure man, we're in orbit now if you're ready

border

I honestly don't think Xur will sell Ballerhorn again. Finding out he isn't random honestly killed my hopes for that. They'll just continue to rotate Truth in once a month as a way of trolling throwing us a bone.

There's many possibilities. "Not random" does not necessarily mean that a person or group of persons intentionally decide what weapon is available. The items could be picked by some algorithm based on usage stats, ownership stats, or whatever.

That said, it sucks that Gjallerhorn and IceBreaker have seemingly disappeared from Xur's inventory forever. I hope that some regular VoG raid groups keep going.

Jinjo

That was pretty much our strat. We had one person just solo the shrieker with two gjallarhorn shots, while the rest went to the second door. The double blessings of light is a good idea though. Couldn't get the damage in time to the boss though. Knights ended up wrecking us, came really close once though. After a while we just decided to call it quits for the night.

Reading up strats in the totem part I see people say
you have to kill the gatekeepers? We did it without killing a single one lol. They were just too damn though. We had a Titan go across and stand on the middle plate with Saint-14 and Armor of Light.

Was going to say no problem but you made it, yay!

Sure man, we're in orbit now if you're ready

Yea I'm coming now, actually I'm not sure if I have you on psn: Darryl_M_R

Hunter? How tough was it to solo?

Took about 5 tries until I got it right, it seems easy enough now I know what to do so it shouldn't be that difficult once you get familiar with it. Can't wait until the weekly reset. Being able to cheese the first and second raid parts and just waiting until people need pick ups for the 3rd. This will save so much time.

Got this from the weekly
7f0Of2W.jpg

One turned into this fusion rifle. Compared to murmur here. It's also got a range upgrade that isn't on yet. Not bad.

border

I played vanilla WoW and that was a grind towards the end but it was fine because it never slowed my grind. It never said please come back and grind later at this specific point in time.

Vanilla WoW was a pretty horrible grindfest. Are you sure you mean vanilla?

I can buy legendary and even exotic items from a vendor in Destiny. There was a time in WoW when you couldn't even hope to get a Epic item unless you got it from a 40-man raid or did some insane reputation grind just to get 1 single Epic item to fill one of a dozen item slots. My warrior spent the entirety of vanilla WoW with The Unstoppable Force as his only epic weapon, and that came only after an endless Alterac Valley grind.

you have to kill the gatekeepers? We did it without killing a single one lol. They were just too damn though. We had a Titan go across and stand on the middle plate with Saint-14 and Armor of Light.

flashbang to blind them and you should be able to kill them from behind.

I think the only one we killed was the one I got with the sword after we had gotten everyone else across. Either way, I felt our strategy was pretty damn solid for that section.

Jinjo

flashbang to blind them and you should be able to kill them from behind.

Yeah we tried that too, but Saint-14 and Armor of Light kept them at bay just fine, pretty solid strategy. More so than flashbanging and killing in my experience.

I think the only one we killed was the one I got with the sword after we had gotten everyone else across. Either way, I felt our strategy was pretty damn solid for that section.

Definitely! Worked pretty damn nicely. Once we figured out what to do we got through it pretty quickly.

Might be old news with how fast this thread is but I just got a blue engram from tiger strike (reward screen). Guess they put them back in?

Top Bottom