• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Hiko

Banned
And just by dumb luck I can go straight from 29 to 31. Got a warlock helm from new monarchy at rank up and some vanguard leggings from a blue engram. Prior to that I bought some gloves from new monarchy since I already had enough marks. Then today I bought the new voidfang vestments from Xur. Still going to take a lot of time to level everything up. And man am I short on glimmer all of a sudden.

So I'm doing this Urn quest thing and now it's asking me to melee cursed thralls. Are those the ones with the glowing blue heads that blow up? How on earth am i supposed to melee them? (The counter gets reset if you die)

zewone

Not as good as the other one.

Concept art is usually better.

psh6iipxvi8pojj9flu8.jpg

Where's my giant mythical cat pet?!

border

The special Shrine of Oryx mission that ends Eris' quest chain is fuckin' bonkers-ass crazy! Absolutely my favorite Story Mission in the game. I can't believe that I'm never going to be able to do it again unless I start a new character or something. Bungie NEEDS to add that one on to the map for replays.

For those who haven't finished Eris' quest chain:

1. Do it this weekend - you will need Xur to complete the final step.
2. If you haven't upgraded your gauntlets yet, don't do it. Eris will give you a new set of 33 Light Gauntlets.
3. Enjoy the final battle -- make sure you set it to Level 30 for added challenge.

Varvor

I'm with ya. First Exotic I ever got was the Godtierhorn. First Exotic I got after DLC dropped? Upgraded Godtierhorn.

Still no Hawkmoon.

Ghorn was my first one as well, Suros was second from Crucible....so it would be fitting to get Suros as my first exotic from Tuesdays raid chest.

Lima

Um so we figured out how I could put four and sometimes even five slashes with RT to Crota while my friend was only able to do 3 at most. The trick is to hold the left stick forward all the time instead of just standing next to him and doing RT. Seriously go try it in the Sword of Crota mission. Do a normal ground pound and then hold the stick and you will notice that there will be no delay between hits.

Qwell

Ok I'm done crapping up that Destiny Expansion Review thread, time to get my actual game on! Grimlock I hope you read this, I know that first post I made regarding the expansion I was a little iffy on it. But I have come around and am all hooked again... Just need to make sure I don't get too much wife aggro.

GRIP

Sweet!!! Got the ATS/8 Arachnid helm from the exotic engram I bought from Xur. I was going to buy the upgraded Achlyophage (I'm gonna miss that extra golden gun shot), but I'm ready for something new. Thank fucking god I don't need ass shards to level this thing up. Getting all my other new gear maxed out has pretty much depleted my stock.

So I'm doing this Urn quest thing and now it's asking me to melee cursed thralls. Are those the ones with the glowing blue heads that blow up? How on earth am i supposed to melee them? (The counter gets reset if you die)

Chamber of Night mission at the end. Just melee them one at a time with full health. You'll have a sliver left if you're 30 (maybe 29). Let that entire wave enter the chamber (the wave that comes from behind you looking into the chamber), kill the rest of the adds and take them one at a time. Worked for me. Another way is to not pick up the drop and let them accumulate. Kill, die, repeat. They'll still be there on the ground.

Jinjo

It's kind of ridiculous you need to upgrade the new raid gear up until the first radiant shard node to even get to light 30...

Deku Tree

It's kind of ridiculous you need to upgrade the new raid gear up until the first radiant shard node to even get to light 30...

That's changing with the next update. It was posted earlier. There was a tweet from Bungies Luke Smith. CE raid gear will start at 30 light just like exotics. Not sure what they were thinking.

I'd like to wear my gear while raiding but lol it's gonna be a while before I have the radiant shards to get it to 33 light. I hope Bungie lets the gear go to 33 light without radiant shard too.

Everything new, weapons and pieces of armour I have on all three characters needs helium to upgrade, something like 500 needed.

I have 2 currently.

Ok so I'm just starting this urn bounty. Can anyone give me some tips? Easiest way to complete this. I guess I'll have to melee kill cursed thralll too? Help please I need those gauntlets.

Nodnol

VoG normal just done with four people! Woop!

After waiting months for PR, I got one at the Oracle drop, and then the Templar! Typical!

Nothing else of note, though a mate got the Horn!

Jinjo

That's changing with the next update. It was posted earlier. There was a tweet from Bungies Luke Smith. CE raid gear will start at 30 light just like exotics. Not sure what they were thinking.

I'd like to wear my gear while raiding but lol it's gonna be a while before I have the radiant shards to get it to 33 light. I hope Bungie lets the gear go to 33 light without radiant shard too.

Yeah, 33 light without shards or max one node is the best. Definitely weird that it starts off so low, makes it not worth using over regular legendary armor for a long while.

this is being patched

When is this patch hitting? Bungie's track record it might be weeks from now. Good to hear though.

Deku Tree

Yeah, 33 light without shards or max one node is the best. Definitely weird that it starts off so low, makes it not worth using over regular legendary armor for a long while.

When is this patch hitting? Bungie's track record it might be weeks from now. Good to hear though.
Luke Smith tweeting that the change is happening the next time destiny is patched whenever that is...

This is how I did it, chamber of night mission. It's a bounty today. When you kill them you have to pick up an item they drop. Don't pick it up. Kill one, die and the item is still on the gpound. Do it five times and pick up all five at once

joecanada

so what's the good word? anyone buy any upgrades from xur yet? (for exotics) how do they work? and whats the xur urn quest? was curious for later tonight....

SnakeEyes

Banned
Yup, the "poppers."

I found the easy way to do it is in The World's Grave mission, on the first Heroic setting.

Top Bottom