• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

SharkJAW

Hit 31 on my hunter and I only need 10 marks or so to buy gloves so my warlock can hit 31. My Titan is just at 30, soon to be left in the dust.

ocean

Banned

I've only run it once and didn't even get past American Idol auditions after over an hour trying :/ This changes everything. A little surprised though. Even after months practicing and being way over leveled and geared VoG isn't doable in 30 mins. These guys are under leveled against 32 enemies and mostly using 300 attack weapons except for Vex. I bet Bungie's gonna shake this baby up like crazy for Heroic.

These guys had one wipe. With a little practice once they hit level 32 and rock fully maxed new weapons they could shave several minutes off this time, which is honestly surprising because I thought this was a lot trickier than the first Raid.

ocean

Banned
Where is the best place to get the Eris rocket launcher hive kills bounty?

Haven't seen that bounty. If it's just killing Hive with a rocket launcher your best bet is probably "Waking the hive!". On Heroic Level 9 you get tons of Hive swarming from the door and they're low level enough that you can kill them easily without taking too much damage.

joecanada

Hey anyone running anything especially nightfall, I don't want to do eris bounties... I'm on in 2 hrs, 730 PST...
Lvl 30 sunsinger with some new weapons, not maxed yet but all old stuff maxed, icebreaker etc
Edit - psn same as here, JoeCanada

lunlunqq

Could someone please help me finish the nightfalls? It's been bothering me all this time. I just can't stand doing anything without completing nightfalls first. :(. Psn: lunlunqq. I prefer to do it 3 times tonight but any help will be appreciated.

X-Frame

So for the bounty segment that sends me to Skywatch after a dude...I just go there and camp for a Public Event?

He spawned for me during "The enemies are moving against each other..." pseudo public event, but I think he spawns during the Warsaw one too, though I would imagine it would be a lot harder to kill him during that.

There is a Hive dropship after a bit of both sides fighting and then the text announces his arrival and then he spawns. He is quite tough, there were 3 of us 30's killing everything, probably all waiting for him, and I used quite a few Gjallarhorn rockets on him to kill him.

ocean

Banned
He spawned for me during "The enemies are moving against each other..." pseudo public event, but I think he spawns during the Warsaw one too, though I would imagine it would be a lot harder to kill him during that.

There is a Hive dropship after a bit of both sides fighting and then the text announces his arrival and then he spawns. He is quite tough, there were 3 of us 30's killing everything, probably all waiting for him, and I used quite a few Gjallarhorn rockets on him to kill him.

Is he actually challenging or is it like regular public events?

The "Melee 5 Chosen Thralls without Dying" part of the quest chain was meant to teach you how to deal with those guys in close quarters, but I guess a lot of people just cheated their way through it :)

You can get close and double jump and not die to them.....even a close range explosion won't kill you as long as you are at 100% health. Any less than that and it's game over though.

it goes against logic. i try to avoid melee range at all costs so getting that close to an enemy that does AoE damage is like rewriting my programming.

X-Frame

Is he actually challenging or is it like regular public events?

As far as I could tell he's just like the regular Blade wielders from the public events that have been happening recently, but seems to have a lot more health, so he's just more of a bullet sponge.

Being a melee enemy though and you fight out in the open, it's not that difficult as long as you're not being blasted by 20 other Major's.

Jaeyden

Anyone want/need to do a run on VoG Hard? Remember when ass shard were ass shards? LVL 30 alts please lets make it quick.

PSN Jaeyden.

Lima

Just my impression from watching but this doesn't look nearly as interesting as Vault of Glass.

That's because it isn't. The mechanics are so simple because the hive are dumb. It took us like 10 minutes on a blind run to figure out the bridge part.

VoG was hard as hell.

LTWood12

I feel so behind only having one character. Going to marathon my second Titan to level 30 tonight. I won't have any time to play tomorrow, and I'm really bummed.

Deku Tree

The main problem I have with the CE raid boss fight
is that It is extremely hard to see Crota's shield health bar "the little upper white line" on my TV screen and I have a 50" Plasma.

SharkJAW

The main problem I have with the CE raid boss fight
is that It is extremely hard to see Crota's shield health bar "the little upper white line" on my TV screen and I have a 50" Plasma.
It's not that
he instantly regens a shield if you don't shoot him for 4 seconds?

Deku Tree

Any advice on the quickest way to level a second character to 20? I've got the gear once I hit 20 to get to 30.

Do you like PvE or PvP or both?

If you like PvP and are decent at it then play a lot of PvP and do all the PvP bounties. But I don't like PvP myself.

If you like PvE then do all the story missions on the hardest difficulty that you are able and do every PvE bounty every day. You can get up to 20 just doing all the PvE bounties quickly each day if your willing to stretch it out with a small commitment each day. Or you can do it in 8-10 hours by grinding through the story missions one after the next...

It helps if you can find someone doing something similar and do a lot of the missions together because then you can revive each other instead of getting a wipe screen when you die. The missions go faster. Speaking of which I need to level up my hunter from level 2 to level 20... then to level 31...

It's not that
he instantly regens a shield if you don't shoot him for 4 seconds?

That bothers me but not nearly as much.

Top Bottom