• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

CLBridges

Dang, hopefully they extend Xur's visit late into Sunday this time. I need to grind up some glimmer for Suros and Warlock armor upgrades, I have the exotic shards just need the funds.

I wish Bungie would raise the damn 25k glimmer limit, can't be that difficult. I need to make a question post on Bungie's forum just to know why they placed that limit in the first place.

E92 M3

I'm not sure I would agree with that.

Crota's fight takes way more communication and team effort than VoG. Of course the hardest job is shouldered on only one guy and it's easy to get mad at him for fucking up but you need to talk a lot more to each other. I've done Atheon on hard countless times with no talking. All you need is people on both pillars on the outside and you can do that whole fight without anyone saying a word.

Try that with Crota.

I agree and that's why it's very difficult finding a nice team on LFG when I can't play friends. I also use the sword and got it down to about 95% efficiency. Sometimes I get overzealous.

E92 M3

I'm sure the strat can be refined, and obviously other strats work fine but this strat can kill him with 3 swords every time, easy. Two swords is possible too I'm sure.

http://youtu.be/8CLP2jet0qw

You beat Atheon on hard without talking the first week the raid was out?

Disagree completely. Crota is a one man show way, way more than Atheon.

Edit: For example, everyone could watch that above video, follow that strat exactly, and kill Crota right now without saying a word and me running the sword.

What's the crux of that video? Can't watch it right now.

LordofPwn

I'm like a kid in a candy shop this weekend.

Bought 3 helmet engrams, got Obsidian Mind, Achlyophage Symbiote, and knucklehead radar. Bought ruin wings, voidfang, truth, and upgrade for Ice Breaker. Just got a new Invective, finishing up thorn bounty, and starting bad juju. Plus I got Hawkmoon yesterday. And I've got 10 exotic shards still.

Zocano

B4tGtt7IYAAcj73.jpg

Well that's a ship.

Bladelaw

Well I now have all three classes 31 capable. Now it's a matter of xp, mats, and glimmer. Still need to farm up 21k for Ice Breaker, Thorn, and maybe SUROS.

Lima

Got the new Thorn completely leveled up. Can't wait to fuck up some kids in IB next week who still think the Suros is the hot shit.

hydruxo

Just got the golden gun zoom perk on my Arachnid helm....damn it's awesome. It really zooms in a lot. Definitely need to try this out in pvp.

I'm sure the strat can be refined, and obviously other strats work fine but this strat can kill him with 3 swords every time, easy. Two swords is possible too I'm sure.

Edit: 1st sword attack starts at ~1:05, 2nd sword at ~3:25, and 3rd sword at

Pay special attention to the 4th sword combo at ~3:35. It's a six-hit combo that does maybe ~70,000 damage. Crota has <10% health after 2 swords.

Edit: For example, everyone could watch that above video, follow that strat exactly, and kill Crota right now without saying a word and me running the sword.

What's different then what we were doing last night? Is it the sword bearer combo?

Edit: didn't realise that was you. You should write a small strat with which buttons to use for those of us who haven't use the sword on Crota haha

Lima

Hard to say yet but the zoom is way more substantial than I was expecting. It basically gives golden gun sniper range.

Um not really. The zoom is very weak and that helm is butt ugly. I have it and leveled it up to the point where I unlocked all the perks. Never gonna use it.

hydruxo

Um not really. The zoom is very weak and that helm is butt ugly. I have it and leveled it up to the point where I unlocked all the perks. Never gonna use it.

I'm literally using it right now in a patrol and I compared the range between my sniper and golden gun with the zoom. It's essentially the same. Again, not sure how it'd fare in pvp but the zoom isn't weak by any means.

Omni

Hit 31 on my Warlock

I wish I could get a Titan exotic helmet though so I could reach 31 there too. Just need 3 more motes of light and I can afford an engram

Don't suppose there's a fast way of getting those?

blackflag

Got my Titan to 31...warlock will be 31 tomorrow and hunter too if I can be bothered.

I just got the thorn bounty again. Not sure if I want to upgrade my current one via Xur or just do the bounty again...I like the Last Word better anyway.

Upgraded Suros, IB, will upgrade Last Word probably tomorrow....trying to decide if it'll make a difference in Iron Banner. Not sure I'm going to bother with Thunderlord or even buy the upgraded Truth right now

border

I just got the thorn bounty again. Not sure if I want to upgrade my current one via Xur or just do the bounty again...I like the Last Word better anyway.

I decided a while ago that I wasn't re-completing any Exotic Bounties that required time spent in the Crucible. ESPECIALLY the bounties where death would reset your progress.

EL CUCO

Edit: 1st sword attack starts at ~1:05, 2nd sword at ~3:25, and 3rd sword at

Pay special attention to the 4th sword combo at ~3:35. It's a six-hit combo that does maybe ~70,000 damage. Crota has <10% health after 2 swords.

Hell yeah! That's our run! Lol I just got to 31 on my Lock. Time for me to run the sword :D

I'd jump in with Deku and you for Crota tonight but the last few long nights have kicked my ass. I'm going to bed early tonight.

So House Of Wolves raid takes place in the Reef, the Prison of Elders I'm assuming?

That could be pretty cool. It would actually make sense if they send you in to shut down a full scale riot or something and you have high level Fallen in control of the prison's security systems, could make for some neat mechanics. It would also be a break from the "enter old tomb/destroy ancient evil" theme of the first two raids.

I wonder if we'll get a third expansion with a raid for the Cabal....

JK fuck that shit, the Cabal suck.

joecanada

Xûr has a series of weapons and armor available to upgrade. In order to upgrade you need to equip the weapon you want to trade and "buy" the upgrade for 1 Exotic Shard and ~7,500 Glimmer. If you don't have an Exotic Shard you can buy one from Xûr for 7 Strange Coins or get one by sharding an Exotic item.

After the purchase, your equipped Exotic will have all upgrade nodes reset but will begin at the new base stats (30 Light for Armor, 302 Attack for Weapons). These Exotics you upgrade have a 5% XP boost to help you level them up more quickly. If you've also completed the Weekly Nightfall, the bonus XP buffs stack (you get a total of 31.25% XP buff).

Thanks alot, I already have 2 shards from last week's nightfall and a duplicate Monte Carlo,
But why upgrade exotic armour? Is it better than new vanguard stuff?

Holy fuck, the last mission in the Urn quest is absolutely infuriating. Mobs of high level enemies, no room to move. What the hell am I doing wrong?

Van Owen

Banned
Took all the motes of light I had, but I got a Saint helm with the new stats. Would have taken the new helm, but this works too.

Okay, I have 4 of 5 "four hive at once with heavy ammo" kills. I got them in the Night Chamber mission, but now it's over. Where's a quick, safe place to get one more?

LiK

Okay, I have 4 of 5 "four hive at once with heavy ammo" kills. I got them in the Night Chamber mission, but now it's over. Where's a quick, safe place to get one more?

Any part with Thralls. Just use a HMG and I got that bounty done in less than 5 seconds. Easiest bounty ever.

Top Bottom