• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

That's because it isn't. The mechanics are so simple because the hive are dumb. It took us like 10 minutes on a blind run to figure out the bridge part.

VoG was hard as hell.

There isn't all that much that can't be solved by killing everything quickly. This raid doesn't have nearly as much problem solving and strategizing.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Anybody wants to run VOG hard tonight? I just want one more elusive item, the fatebringer since it's apparently the go to primary for Crota.

These guys had one wipe. With a little practice once they hit level 32 and rock fully maxed new weapons they could shave several minutes off this time, which is honestly surprising because I thought this was a lot trickier than the first Raid.

New raid has considerably less content right now than the Vault. Also, there is (thankfully) no phase like the confluxes/oracles that is essentially on a timer and can't be meaningfully sped up with higher skill and/or gear. Obviously there are time-based elements but not to that extreme. The only thing tricky about Crota's End was the damage scaling for being under-leveled.

There are some brilliant design elements, and the
bridge
encounter especially is excellent.... but I also can't help but be disappointed by CE. They need to be stepping up their game and increasing the content and complexity of each new raid, but they've taken steps in the other direction sadly.

LTWood12

Do you like PvE or PvP or both?

If you like PvP and are decent at it then play a lot of PvP and do all the PvP bounties. But I don't like PvP myself.

If you like PvE then do all the story missions on the hardest difficulty that you are able and do every PvE bounty every day. You can get up to 20 just doing all the PvE bounties quickly each day if your willing to stretch it out with a small commitment each day. Or you can do it in 8-10 hours by grinding through the story missions one after the next...

It helps if you can find someone doing something similar and do a lot of the missions together because then you can revive each other instead of getting a wipe screen when you die. The missions go faster. Speaking of which I need to level up my hunter from level 2 to level 20... then to level 31...

That bothers me but not nearly as much.

I'm definitely more a PvE guy, but can hold my own in PVP. I just want to do what's quickest. I'm on level 7. Would like to hit 20 before going to bed.

Deku Tree

I'm definitely more a PvE guy, but can hold my own in PVP. I just want to do what's quickest. I'm on level 7. Would like to hit 20 before going to bed.

Not sure when you are going to bed but it will take a long while to get from 7 to 20. Do all the PvP and PvE bounties and turn them in. Then do all the story missions on the hardest difficulty for which you are appropriately leveled. That's the quickest way.

Or find two friends and go "wake the hive" for hours on end.

Anyone interested in running the first half of crota's end at 9pst 12est. 3 hours from now.

I'm down. Still need the first loot drop on my hunter but I can do second phase also.

If anybody else can run the sword I could get loot for Crota on my Warlock and Hunter at some point, haha.

That's because it isn't. The mechanics are so simple because the hive are dumb. It took us like 10 minutes on a blind run to figure out the bridge part.

VoG was hard as hell.

Yep, sadly. I like a lot about CE but it also feels half baked in a lot of ways. Crota is a garbage final boss design compared to Atheon, from a team-based perspective. VoG 4 life.

Anybody wants to run VOG hard tonight? I just want one more elusive item, the fatebringer since it's apparently the go to primary for Crota.

VoC is better imo, at least on the Crota phase. FB is great in general, especially during earlier phases.

Mattiator

I'm down. Still need the first loot drop on my hunter but I can do second phase also.

If anybody else can run the sword I could get loot for Crota on my Warlock and Hunter at some point, haha.

Yep, sadly. I like a lot about CE but it also feels half baked in a lot of ways. Crota is a garbage final boss design compared to Atheon, from a team-based perspective. VoG 4 life.

VoC is better imo, at least on the Crota phase. FB is great in general, especially during earlier phases.

Awesome I'll see ya then. Anyone else interested 9 pst 12 est.

Well today was pretty good. Upgraded my TLW, dumping about 8 5000xp bounties into it while using HC telemetry. Managed to get all the functional upgrades so now I just gotta get the last damage ones before the Iron Banner returns next week.

Also bought Symbiote for my Hunter, just need to grind out my factions so I can buy some armor and hit 31. Took a chance on the engrams (lol 60+ motes, what else was I gonna do with them) and got the upgraded Helm of Innermost Light for my Titan! I just need some damn commendations already so I can buy the gear I need.

Legendary engram dropped during the daily gave me Plug One with accelerated coils. It's lookin prettay good, though strangely another engram later gave me an Invisible Hand with the old stats IIRC.

Deku Tree

Anyone running any groups to take down Crota? I can bring my 31 Warlock.
I am hoping someone with us knows how to run the sword.

Coconut

Banned
Solo'd that first part of the new raid it was kinda annoying. I think it would be very easy with just three level 30s. also got some dumb new materials from the first chest.

Anyone running any groups to take down Crota? I can bring my 31 Warlock.
I am hoping someone with us knows how to run the sword.

Well rested
sword assassin
reporting for duty, if needed.

Apologies also to astro, rubenov, dhruv, unknown, reaper and any other groups I haven't done it with yet. As long as everyone is locked in we should be able to bust him up in 30 minutes at most every time.

Deku Tree

Well rested
sword assassin
reporting for duty, if needed.

Apologies also to astro, rubenov, dhruv, unknown, reaper and any other groups I haven't done it with yet. As long as everyone is locked in we should be able to bust him up in 30 minutes at most every time.

Thanks DrDrizzay !

Ok so we have

1. DekuBleep
2. DrDrizzay
3. Hudson

We can get this done quickly with Boguester. We can start as soon as we are full and everyone is ready. Looking for 30-31 players.

I'd love to go. Fresh or just him?

Added. For now just Crota.

Agent

Thanks DrDrizzay !

Ok so we have

1. DekuBleep
2. DrDrizzay

We can get this done quickly with Boguester. We can start as soon as we are full and everyone is ready. Looking for 30-31 players.

I'd be down, level 31 warlock. I got to crota with another group so I get the basics of the fight, just didn't beat it due to time constraints.

PSN: phantom8324

Thanks DrDrizzay !

Ok so we have

1. DekuBleep
2. DrDrizzay
3. Hudson

I'd like to join.
31 Hunter Outlaw_Omega

Thanks DrDrizzay !

Ok so we have

1. DekuBleep
2. DrDrizzay
3. Hudson

I'm up for it as well. Level 30 Warlock. Know how to beat it. Just haven't done it yet with my other team. Got 3 characters though so I'd be more than happy to join.

PSN: EroticSushi

Deku Tree

I'd be down, level 31 warlock. I got to crota with another group so I get the basics of the fight, just didn't beat it due to time constraints.

PSN: phantom8324

I'd like to join.
31 Hunter Outlaw_Omega

I'm up for it as well. Level 30 Warlock. Know how to beat it. Just haven't done it yet with my other team. Got 3 characters though so I'd be more than happy to join.

PSN: EroticSushi

Perfect. We are full. Is everyone ready now? I am on.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Thanks DrDrizzay !

Ok so we have

1. DekuBleep
2. DrDrizzay
3. Hudson

I need to run fresh with my Warlock so I'm in.

Ok nvm, you guys are full.

Lima

I'm not sure I would agree with that.

Crota's fight takes way more communication and team effort than VoG. Of course the hardest job is shouldered on only one guy and it's easy to get mad at him for fucking up but you need to talk a lot more to each other. I've done Atheon on hard countless times with no talking. All you need is people on both pillars on the outside and you can do that whole fight without anyone saying a word.

Try that with Crota.

Hyun Sai

Just dropped from Nightfall a Valedictiorian 9-44, legendary Rocket Launcher Fire with tracking, clown cartridge, 2 in the magazine and a blast radius comparable to Truth.

Is it good for Raid coupled with Ice Breaker (I don't have Gjallahorn) ?

I'm sure the strat can be refined, and obviously other strats work fine but this strat can kill him with 3 swords every time, easy. Two swords is possible too I'm sure.

http://youtu.be/8CLP2jet0qw

Edit: 1st sword attack starts at ~1:05, 2nd sword at ~3:25, and 3rd sword at the end (where else?)

Pay special attention to the 4th sword combo at ~3:35. It's a six-hit combo that does maybe ~70,000 damage. Crota has <10% health after 2 swords.

I'm not sure I would agree with that.

Crota's fight takes way more communication and team effort than VoG. Of course the hardest job is shouldered on only one guy and it's easy to get mad at him for fucking up but you need to talk a lot more to each other. I've done Atheon on hard countless times with no talking. All you need is people on both pillars on the outside and you can do that whole fight without anyone saying a word.

Try that with Crota.

You beat Atheon on hard without talking the first week the raid was out?

Disagree completely. Crota is a one man show way, way more than Atheon.

Edit: For example, everyone could watch that above video, follow that strat exactly, and kill Crota right now without saying a word and me running the sword.

Top Bottom