• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Well that sounds really reassuring to get one.

Turns out that you can get to 31 with the one new exotic, two new legendaries and one vanilla legendary. It's good this way and instead of buying another new legendary just go after the raid gear.

Dave_6

The last part is bananas. Let me know if you wanna run it. Psn berried_treasure

Still need someone? I'm on that part and never could get it/him to spawn (not the moon part, my bad). Probably a good thing since I was running around solo.

Got my Warlock to 29 this morning and my Hunter is quickly closing in on 30. Finally have two characters that can run the hard VoG and an extra chance at the FB and Vex!

Is anyone planning on running a hard Vault of Glass this weekend. I still want Fatebringer and the Vex so bad.

Yes I am wanting to.

Oh yeah finally the hunter raid boots. Now I gotta level those up and be able to hit 32 if I had the shards...

I'm seriously considering deleting one of the hunters and get him to 20 so I can get another raid done and get me some of them shards so I can be the first lvl 32.

What am I doing with my life.

I was thinking the same thing, just deleting an alt every other day to get it up to 20. . but then I realize I have 6+ other games, a social life, and finals I need to attend to.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
first two nightfalls and heroics done including on my 28 :D Thanks a ton for taking me colonel and hood.
B4suAYRCIAEP5eE.jpg:large

B4tUYcSCEAAiUTw.jpg:large
:D

this changes my plans considerably. gotta sleep on it to decide what to do. love how starfire looks.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It seems to me that blue engrams still give out vanilla gear. Gotten a legendary robe with old stats. Was hoping it was a new updated one so I can leave it in the vault in case I want to create a warlock in the future.

So I figured I would ask the forum about this rather than making a new thread as I think this is nothing of note, would anyone happen to know why I am able to install the second expansion already on Xbox One?
I just was looking through my purchase history and I found the option to install. I figured it was nothing but it installed 9.5MB of something..

Nebula

So I figured I would ask the forum about this rather than making a new thread as I think this is nothing of note, would anyone happen to know why I am able to install the second expansion already on Xbox One?
I just was looking through my purchase history and I found the option to install. I figured it was nothing but it installed 9.5MB of something..

You've been chosen by the traveller!

No idea

Does anyone know what it means when you have an exotic bounty that is "fractured"? I had one to complete a nightfall. During the nightfall I left and came back and saw it was fractured after completing the nightfall.

Sooooo fucking close to killing Crota. The fucker had one hit left. Stupid fat Ogres. Guys need to lose weight and come out quicker. And enrage is some BS.

Lima

It's an unlock key so whenever they push the update out in March that contains all of the data for the DLC the game recognizes that you have bought the expansion and can access it on reset when it releases.

In other news I just got back to back exotics in Vanguard Roc. No Land Beyond and Dragon's Breath.

My buddy was pretty mad. Like I say hate the game not the player.

When I bought the Digital Guardian Edition (comes with the expansion pass), I was immediately able to install both The Dark Below, and The House of Wolves. Both were 9.5 MB. Obviously I didn't actually get access to them at that time.

hydruxo

So apparently
the Presence of Crota debuff only affects natural health regen
so you could use Red Death or Suros and get health back

Lima

So apparently
the Presence of Crota debuff only affects natural health regen
so you could use Red Death or Suros and get health back

Yeah you can use anything. Like many helmets have the ability to refill health upon picking up an orb.

Is Red Death actually any good post buff? It was my first exotic when the game came out, and I hated it. It was too slow and inaccurate. Now I just got one from a legendary emgram. Is it worth using now?

Dante316

Hopefully will beat it tomorrow but im gnna have to focus on getting glimmer to get upgrades and stuff. We had him to 1 or 2 hits few times. ..tis life I guess lol.

Lima

Hopefully will beat it tomorrow but im gnna have to focus on getting glimmer to get upgrades and stuff. We had him to 1 or 2 hits few times. ..tis life I guess lol.

First time we did it on Tuesday man we had him down to like 10% probably 10 times and wiped because of enrage. It's just really hard to get that rhythm down and everyone has to be in sync.

Now 4 days later we kill him in 3 runs with the Sword.

Atkison04

I got a nightfall left to do on my hunter, and that time might work for me. I'm sleeping in, but I'll probably be up around then. Level 30 Hunter with a newly upgraded thunderlord. If it goes quick I'll help you through a second one, I actually kinda enjoy this weeks strike.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

Down to run it now if you're available

Dr.lawyercop you're on my friends list so I'll look you up in the morning and see if you're on!

Rayuma is that your psn id? My kids will wake me up by then for sure so I'll be ready to go if you're on.

Lima

Oh look No Land Beyond is like Universal Remote. No I take that back at least with UR you can run a pretty decent shotgun/sniper setup for PvP.

With this you run the most garbage sniper in the game and a shotgun. Ugh.

Dragon's Breath leaves a bad first impression too. Both look really cool though.

Dante316

First time we did it on Tuesday man we had him down to like 10% probably 10 times and wiped because of enrage. It's just really hard to get that rhythm down and everyone has to be in sync.

Now 4 days later we kill him in 3 runs with the Sword.

Whats the combo you use? We did R2 3x whenever we had chance.

Completed the last Urn step with stb. I wish I knew this gave gloves. I wish they gave you the option of gloves or boots since they fall in the same category pricewise with the vendors. Overall, the bounties were actually fun, especially the last one as a group. The main annoying one was the public event. It took me 30 minutes to get it to come originally.

Being with a group definitely helps because you can do patrols and 1-2 people can go off to get more patrols

HighOnPCP

Ok so I bought 4 Exotic Helm Engrams from Xur even though I swore not to ever again (before the DLC I must've bought like 12-14 helm engrams hoping for skull of dire ahamkara...I didn't get it lol. BUT, now that the DLC is out and I know there was this sick new Helmet called "Obsidian Mind" I just had to.

So yeah long story short

1: ATS/8 ARACHNID
2. Helm of Inmost Light
3. The Glasshouse
4.....ATS/8 ARACHNID

bruhhhhh

But hold up! I just couldn't log off like that, I was pissed.

2 more Engrams with my last motes of light

1: Light Beyond Nemesis (I hate that fucking helmet)

nervous-gif.gif

Ok fuck it, last Engram. What's it gonna be?!

B4tsBk0IIAQAu8r.jpg:orig

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAA BOOOOIIIIIIIII flava flavvvv lol

praise_the_lawd-208.gif

Sorry for gif/pic spam but I don't care I am just happy right now haha finally the game didn't fuck me over yay!

rNilla

So my upgraded Thorn definitely has the penetrate perk active even though it isn't leveled. Enemies glow green but it doesn't appear to be doing DoT.

Lima

Whats the combo you use? We did R2 3x whenever we had chance.

R1,R1,R2 and repeat. You can only get this many hits in with a bladedancer hunter. Cloak and stand right behind him as people unload on his shield. You can start the attack once his shield is down and he is doing the kneel animation.

After you have done the hits and he glows red quickly drop the sword and hit him with a melee attack to turn invisible again (need to have escape artist and shadowjack) and then pick up the sword. If timed correctly your invisibility will last until he is about to go down for the second time(depends on the guys doing the damage, bring the big guns).

If everything went smoothly he should be at 60% after one sword run.

Top Bottom