• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Jinjo

I have a question about Insurmountable Skullfort btw. Is it like Inmost Light where you just gain the extra perk (and melee energy on spawn), or is it actually an improved version of the skill? Meaning you have to select it in your skill slot too for an even better Transfusion?

E92 M3

Seems pretty silly to phase out VoG. This game sorely needed to have at least 2 raids... But it appears they really wanted to push the DLC sales so it was corporate mandated to shove all the players into the new content, effectively phasing out quality content. Guess this is typical with the 'gear treadmill' type of online RPGs

In a few weeks thinking I want to come back for some crucible action. Hopefully in the near future they will give pvpers an avenue to hit L32 legit. Then I'll consider picking up DLC. Maybe by the next DLC things will improve to my liking

Good to see you guys having fun. Want to see pics of new armor and gear. also gonna lookup Crota raids on youtube

Yes, it's very unfortunate how quickly they phased out all of the old content. It was done in poor taste.

LiK

Yes, it's very unfortunate how quickly they phased out all of the old content. It was done in poor taste.

Once player population starts dropping, I expect another change to the old content. VoG had some areas that seemed unused. Maybe they'll add stuff there. I'd expect it.

Daemul

I have a question about Insurmountable Skullfort btw. Is it like Inmost Light where you just gain the extra perk (and melee energy on spawn), or is it actually an improved version of the skill? Meaning you have to select it in your skill slot too for an even better Transfusion?

You gain the perk and the melee energy.

naeS

A buddy and I jumped into the raid last night by ourselves to check it out.

We were able to get up to the bridge in the first section by using Solar grenades at the lamps to debuff and Radiance when we died. Kept getting over run at the bridge. It was a fun challenge though. We did find the first chest too. Got nothing but materials lol. My buddy got the Warlock bond.

patchday

Once player population starts dropping, I expect another change to the old content. VoG had some areas that seemed unused. Maybe they'll add stuff there. I'd expect it.

That's a very good idea! I recall during some VoG raids with gaffers some people would try to explore and jump to new areas. Just sucked we couldnt discover more secrets

Has anyone found a safe spot in the boss room for Will of Crota? The second half when she starts spamming wizards can go south quickly when doing the Nightfall...

LiK

That's a very good idea! I recall during some VoG raids with gaffers some people would try to explore and jump to new areas. Just sucked we couldnt discover more secrets

Yea, that broken portal near Atheon door seems like an easy way to simply add a few new areas to it for more lore and gear.

My North American Xbox One clan is recruiting for Crota's End. We did Vault regularly but have had some players quit due to fatigue. We want to bolster our ranks again. We typically start raids around 830 EST. Shoot me a PM if youre interested. Its better than using LFG tools.

E92 M3

I wouldn't be surprised if they add another difficulty level. They should also allow us to upgrade our VOG armor. I don't think there is diversity to phase out loot. It'll suck when every looks the same again.

k1t4j

Has anyone found a safe spot in the boss room for Will of Crota? The second half when she starts spamming wizards can go south quickly when doing the Nightfall...

Just stay in that loby area before the boss, clean the adds then dps the boss. When he screams just back way and clean the adds.

We had one member staying on the top platform because there is a room where thralls spawn.

Fairly easy, all around

H4r4kiri

I am sorry but this Game and especially this DLC is the biggets Ripp off I have ever encountered. The Setpieces are not new at all. I feel like they could have done this without even charging. It is just hilarious.

Destiny was the First time a get the Game+Season Pass edition and it will sure be my last. I am so in anger. The "Storymissions" are a joke. I completed then in 30 min. It was nothing new at all there and to call the Story is offensive to real storywriters.

I really want to know what happened at Bungie. They will never get my money ever again.

JambiBum

There's an even easier spot right at the beginning of this zone, which doesn't trigger any confrontation whatsoever. This video might come in handy if they decide to forbid the chest from spawning here, though. :)
Also: dat loot! Dat luck!

Is the easier spot the one right to the left with the door that opens? I can never get a chest to spawn there if so.

that mean green flying machine

TaB9Axt.jpg

Shito

Is the easier spot the one right to the left with the door that opens? I can never get a chest to spawn there if so.
It is.
When did you try?
I've heard of a small patch to the game a few hours ago, but couldn't confirm it / know whether or not it patches this spot.
As of this morning (~6 hours before this post), I can confirm it was still working, as my girlfriend got disappointed by only getting radiant shards there. :)

colinp

Banned
Gjallerhorn dropped from a purple engram on moon patrol. This thing is CRAZY!

Do we have any idea what radiant energy is used for yet?

broony

A buddy and I jumped into the raid last night by ourselves to check it out.

We were able to get up to the bridge in the first section by using Solar grenades at the lamps to debuff

What do you mean by this sorry?

I worked out the lamps reduced the slowness, when you stood next to them. Can you reduce it more using solar grenades?

Shito

Gjallerhorn dropped from a purple engram on moon patrol. This thing is CRAZY!

Do we have any idea what radiant energy is used for yet?
You lucky.
Radiant energies and shards are for crota's raid weapons and armors, if I'm not mistaken.

rNilla

Apparently my new DLC hunter cape was 2 miles long during our raid last night. Looked fine to me but I finally saw it in action towards the end of our run.

I think it just means I was healthy...

I wouldn't be surprised if they add another difficulty level. They should also allow us to upgrade our VOG armor. I don't think there is diversity to phase out loot. It'll suck when every looks the same again.
It's also sucked to drop down to level 28, from 30, just by equipping all new purple gear (one of them is a raid piece).

Mrgamer

This is what we get for hybrid online rpg?mmo? or shared world shhoter without subscription.

Saw this coming but the blade bit the bone.

LiK

Still pissed about only get 5 Radiant Energy total from the first and second sections of the new Raid last night. Seriously, at least give all noobies at least one piece of gear. RNGesus pls.

Still pissed about only get 5 Radiant Energy total from the first and second sections of the new Raid last night. Seriously, at least give all noobies at least one piece of gear. RNGesus pls.

yea i only got energy and i just did the chest run and got energy again.

I already lost two destiny buddies because of this, one of them my brother, i even gifted him one psn card but he refuses to buy the dlc, he says they don´t deserve it because they are treating us like fools, and sadly he is right.

From now on i will have trouble to make full teams even for weeklies/nightfalls, even worse with the raid, we are just 4, and some have very busy schedules.

rNilla

yea i only got energy and i just did the chest run and got energy again.

Me too. I look forward to stocking up on rad materials instead of ass materials. I hope there's a new speeder I can get 12 of --- I'll have to unload my Timebreaker inventory first.

Daemul

I've just decided to get the first two loot drops on all three of my characters and just leave the Crota fight till later in the week
when more people at level 31+. The fight is complete BS when everyone around you is getting one shot.

Jinjo

Anyone wanna help my 29 Lock through Nightfall and weekly? Just unlocked it on him. You don't need to have unlocked it too, as long as the fireteam leader has it unlocked he can bring others in too.

Got Fatebringer & Thunderlord.

E92 M3

that mean green flying machine

TaB9Axt.jpg

I love lime green!

It's also sucked to drop down to level 28, from 30, just by equipping all new purple gear (one of them is a raid piece).

Yeah, that's just the nature of the beast unfortunately.

I already lost two destiny buddies because of this, one of them my brother, i even gifted him one psn card but he refuses to buy the dlc, he says they don´t deserve it because they are treating us like fools, and sadly he is right.

From now on i will have trouble to make full teams even for weeklies/nightfalls, even worse with the raid, we are just 4, and some have very busy schedules.

Fortunately, since you are on PSN, there is a big crowd here for you to play with.

Jaeyden

Am I the only one who thinks
running like a mad man in the first part of
CE is pretty fun?

I am willing to bet that just about everyone who went in there blind last night had roughly the same experience with the beginning part. Those first few attempts are so intense and awesome, I haven't had a gaming experience like that in a long time.

Ganhyun

Played the new strike on Earth. Man, I can see that being hell on the Nightfall with all the arc damage flying about.

noomi

Hunters!

What spec are you using for gunslinger/blade dancer? I usually try to max out my armor, but it doesn't seem to help much :( Should I be speccing into max recovery instead?

I mostly do PvE with occasional PvP :)

naeS

What do you mean by this sorry?

I worked out the lamps reduced the slowness, when you stood next to them. Can you reduce it more using solar grenades?

Sorry for the confusion.

Tossing a grenade down with Sunbreakers on kept the Thralls from attacking us and gave us more time to debuff. Also killed the Thralls which built up our Super.

Top Bottom