• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Ready to beat the raid. :D

7Cjb.jpg
Damn, what shader is that?

yeah but I doubt you can get to 33 light without the shard upgrades so upgrading vendor gear is still preferred.
That just seems really really stupid, so that's probably what's gonna happen.

The shard nodes should just account for the last 3 light. It should give you 33 light once you get to that point.

There should never be a reason you'd want to use vendor gear over raid gear as far as defense goes.

edit: goddamn double post.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I cant even front. RNGeebus was pretty cool to me lately. I got vanguard helms from blues for both my titan and warlock, and two purples that gave me chest armor for my warlock and titan.

Xamdou

Finally beat Crota! Our last run was so damn flawless it was mind boggling, it's great to have a team who are on the same page and on point throughout the raid!

Finally beat Crota! Our last run was so damn flawless it was mind boggling, it's great to have a team who are on the same page and on point throughout the raid!

We cleared it once we realized that
panicking and screaming like little kids when the oversoul is summoned does not help

Are sprint contrails an effect from
Murmur
? I thought I had somehow accidentally switched to Striker because I noticed the contrails in tower. I had not, and equipping a different weapon in that slot stops it from happening. Not just me is it?

Do you have shoulder charge equipped?
Edit: Ah I read that wrong, hmm I have not seen spring contrails while equipping said weapon. Might give it a try later.

Gordon

Murmur
? I thought I had somehow accidentally switched to Striker because I noticed the contrails in tower. I had not, and equipping a different weapon in that slot stops it from happening. Not just me is it?

Murmur

Not on my Defender sub-class lol (I do on Striker, hence my thinking I had accidentally swapped, but it still happens on Defender)

It might be the kneepad upgrade.

That
could be
it. I just unlocked that,
and I haven't had a weapon with it before
. Does
kneepads
do that?

I don't have it unlocked but I think that's whats causing the contrails

Edit: We have pro editing skills :p

Gordon

It might be the kneepad upgrade.
That
could be
it. I just unlocked that,
and I haven't had a weapon with it before
. Does
kneepads
do that?

Edit: Dear god I wish I could spoiler my name

I don't have it unlocked but I think that's whats causing the contrails
That must be it, if you're not getting them. I didn't notice them before and probably would have. I noticed them immediately after unlocking kneepads, so that's gotta be it. Now I just need to find another kneepads weapon to compare I guess lol

Edit: How random is it that a gun just hands you a pair of kneepads one day?

That must be it, if you're not getting them. I didn't notice them before and probably would have. I noticed them immediately after unlocking kneepads, so that's gotta be it. Now I just need to find another kneepads weapon to compare I guess lol

Edit: How random is it that a gun just hands you a pair of kneepads one day?

As random as my bike sprouting(
I"m guessing they sprout as it's a hive weapon
) kneepads when I get on it.

I´ll add you in a bit. Have you done it before?

No idea, haven´t done it before.

I ran it earlier this week, 2 30s and a 29. Wasn't too bad. I think we can do it.

Or I can use my warlock and just switch at the boss. Whichever you prefer

Edit nvm. Just realized I haven't unlocked it with my hunter yet. Damn

Update: almost done unlocking. Give me 5 minutes

GlamFM

Banned
I have not =( only on normal. 28 sunlock.

Not sure if it´s even doable at 28.

Let´s give it a shot.

I´ll be on in 10 mins.

I ran it earlier this week, 2 30s and a 29. Wasn't too bad. I think we can do it.

Or I can use my warlock and just switch at the boss. Whichever you prefer

Edit nvm. Just realized I haven't unlocked it with my hunter yet. Damn

So you´re out?

:(

kidko

Phew. Got my grind out of the way. Now I have a set of armor that will take me to 31 once It's leveled and an Icebreaker 2.0. Ready for raiding!

Not sure if it´s even doable at 28.

Let´s give it a shot.

I´ll be on in 10 mins.

So you´re out?

:(

Give me 5 minutes. Doing the last part to unlock it

Yeah! Cool!

PSN: GlamFM

Just waiting for my girlfriend to finally leave for her appointment. ;)

Did I miss it?

I'm ready. I'll run most of it with my warlock and switch to my hunter at the boss. It'll speed things up. If I'm still in lol

realcZk

Raid is awesome. Liking it more than VoG, much more fast paced. My team still needs to iron out issues with sword timing and jumps but we're almost there.

Omni

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFo7bXFkrYM

30 Second Clip. I had to!

Holy shit. Beat the raid. Spent maybe 3+ hours on Crota alone. Say what you will about Destiny, but I've never felt more accomplished in a video game after beating a boss. Freaking fantastic. Now to get my Titan to level 31 and do it all over again

(We worked out a very solid strategy, but we kept making silly mistakes. Which is why it took us so long)

Bogeypop

Hmm on the "Kill Urzok the Hated" portion of the Urn quest, anybody want to hang around Skywatch and do some Patrol Missions while we wait for him to spawn?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I just solo'ed the first raid chest and got the 4th horseman. I don't use shotties much but I hope it's at least decent.

DjRalford

I wish bungie would bring back selling mats for marks and rep. I got over 400 spinmetal and it's virtually useless as almost everything that drops needs helium

SZips

I've yet to do the Vault of Glass raid and I've been level 29 for a while now. I've seen it done but never attempted it. Is it even worth trying if I'm not going to buy the DLC any time soon (if at all)?

Top Bottom