• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Yeah I get that. I just got vanguard to level 2, given I'm only level 24 right now and do not have the dlc so I can't see a reason to get level 3 right now so am just figuring out the most efficient rep to grind next. I need to earn more vanguard marks to actually buy a legendary so figured the best option would be to equip a faction item to gain rep whilst doing pve related grinding for the vanguard marks. Was posting to see if I was missing something or is this actually the best choice?

I assume you can earn vanguard marks with a faction item equipped.
You can't buy weapons unless you're level 3. Definitely get to 3 before you switch. And every level after 3 you get a Vanguard package. Actually I believe you get one at level 3 as well.

After that then you can fuck with the factions.

Also, factions use crucible marks. So if you don't wanna do pvp, then leave the factions alone.

Ambitious

I gotta decide between upgrading my Arnamentarium or buying the Ruin Wings. Think I'm going to go with the former. An extra grenade is always useful, and I don't use heavy weapons that often.

You can't buy weapons unless you're level 3. Definitely get to 3 before you switch. And every level after 3 you get a Vanguard package. Actually I believe you get one at level 3 as well.

After that then you can fuck with the factions.

Also, factions use crucible marks. So if you don't wanna do pvp, then leave the factions alone.

Oh ok. Didn't realise that.

Yeah I do enjoy the Crucible. Will definitely get level 3 on Vanguard first though. Thanks for that.

Temidien

Neo Member
Need one more to finish weekly strike 30 (we're at the end) then tackle Nightfall. Please be lvl 30 with some arc weapons leveled.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Need one more to finish weekly strike 30 (we're at the end) then tackle Nightfall. Please be lvl 30 with some arc weapons leveled.

Hey, I'm joining your fireteam. Already had you on friend list.

I'm glad you had the vid of our first kill, for some reason it didn't save mine. I was kinda bummed. Should have left the audio of us nerding out when he exploded!

haha I would if I could, pretty sure there's some option I need to turn on for the mic audio to be recorded with the video...

That was a crazy ending. I think I might have cried if Crota didn't go down that last run haha. It was a lot of fun, definitely learned about the fight. Huge thanks to DrDrizzay for being patient and being the sword master.

Crota has been ended! Man, that was intense and thanks to everyone that raided with me, GhostFaceDon (my PSN). Got the shader, emblem, shards and Black Hammer sniper rifle. Feels good to complete that.

Nice! Crota down x2.

Did Crota twice tonight. Great job to everyone on the team. Huge thanks to Boguester/Drizzay for being the Sword master for both runs.

Huuuuuge thanks to the team I just beat Crota with, pic in the above post. Special thanks to Boguester/Drizzay and DekuBleep for doing some incredible explanations of roles. Boguester rocked that sword hard. Also, if you have Gjallarhorn, hug it tight. So good.

Had a blast running it with everybody! Sorry if I missed any quotes. I'd be stuck on the glimmer farm if I wasn't running the sword so I'm happy to help, haha.

Sorry for the late response. I finally got some sleep last night. I think we did it with 2 or 3 first timers, as well. but everyone understood their role and was locked in. Boguester/Drizzay ran the
sword up Crota's ass.
Here's the vid of our run.

http://youtu.be/8CLP2jet0qw

Would have killed him on the 5th combo but I played it really safe since I knew it was already in the bag. The R2 slam at 7:30 in that video was a split second too late. He died with two R1 slashes on combo six (R2 does 14.3k damage, R1 does 6.73k). Everyone killed it, super fun run!

INSPIRING SHIT DUDES.

Haha wow, this made me legit lol, especially with that Yoshi avatar. If only I could have been in party chat to hear our collective bitching. The worst game we can't stop playing!

I'll go..

Anybody have a normal VoG Gorgon checkpoint? Could get exotic drop chances and then figure out a super efficient strat for GK glimmer farming. I still really want to see how fast you could hit glimmer cap there. Also I can run Crota sword whenever if you're around today.

Haha wow, this made me legit lol, especially with that Yoshi avatar. If only I could have been in party chat to hear our collective bitching. The worst game we can't stop playing!

It's terrible dude, I ended up sitting there for a good hour and a half just chilling on a roof watching youtube videos waiting for some dude to spawn. It was like old school everquest but worse. I sat there like Mcartney was singing an aweinspiring post rock spacesong for me, but he wasn't. If only I was in party chat, because I would have enjoyed complaining about it tremendously.

Atleast I do have the gear now for all of my characters to hit 31 now, just some ass mats left but I'm hoping I can get those from disassembling old stuff. Oh also 20 million helium filaments, yet again :(

Nodnol

Morning Guardians.

Oh my...explosive rounds on a Scout Rifle are just wonderful. And I've finally gotten use to pressing the trigger more than once! VoC's full-auto spoilt me!

Yurikerr

Anyone needing one more for nightfall on ps4?

Was with Temidien, but had to resolve an problem.

Yurikerr

I'm alone. Let's team up.
Have you unlocked the Nightfall yet? Because I haven't; I still need to do the last story mission.

Yes I have it unlocked. Add me on psn and I help you with the mission.

YKERR on psn

Jinjo

So what good is adding more shaders to that emblemwhore if you're still not gonna change up her goddamn selection Bungie? I swear it's like only a selection of 8 goddamn shaders still.

Top Bottom