• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Omni

What are they?

You can send two people out of the map and they can stay up out of the line of fire and use rocket launchers to take down Crota's shields and random Knights whenever you need them too. And you can duplicate the thing that makes your health recharge multiple times. We had three of them in one attempt.

As far as I know you can't cheese it akin to something like Atheon. But those two help a lot.

I also heard that if someone dies just as Crota is vulnerable, his animation gets stuck and you get extra time to damage him with a sword. Didn't test that one out though as the pressure to wipe out the Spirit Bomb was a bit much while dealing with everything else

CLBridges

Crota has been ended! Man, that was intense and thanks to everyone that raided with me, GhostFaceDon (my PSN). Got the shader, emblem, shards and Black Hammer sniper rifle. Feels good to complete that.

Did Crota twice tonight. Great job to everyone on the team. Huge thanks to Boguester/Drizzay for being the Sword master for both runs.

16010157255_69af3757a0_b.jpg

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Are sprint contrails an effect from
Murmur
? I thought I had somehow accidentally switched to Striker because I noticed the contrails in tower. I had not, and equipping a different weapon in that slot stops it from happening. Not just me is it?

I think it's from the boots that give a longer slide.

Huuuuuge thanks to the team I just beat Crota with, pic in the above post. Special thanks to Boguester/Drizzay and DekuBleep for doing some incredible explanations of roles. Boguester rocked that sword hard. Also, if you have Gjallarhorn, hug it tight. So good.

Aquila

A little late but many thanks to Bloodsent, Johan Liebert, Kartik21, Slammin_Hammon, and Stantron. You guys were awesome for finishing Crota.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
OMG that last part was insane on hard. Wouldn't have done it without someone else to distract the enemies and the good ol Horn.

Bogeypop

OMG that last part was insane on hard. Wouldn't have done it without someone else to distract the enemies and the good ol Horn.

Swords seemed to actually NOT be optimal to get rid of all those Knights D: Also my helmet got an upgrade during all that so I'm lvl 29, and ready for some Nightfall and VoG Hard now :D

GlamFM

Banned
Give me 5 minutes. Doing the last part to unlock it

Did I miss it?

I'm ready. I'll run most of it with my warlock and switch to my hunter at the boss. It'll speed things up. If I'm still in lol

Sorry - saw you too late.

Wie did not make it though - wipe right at the end. :(

My hunter is up to level 30. He needs to run the nightfall ASAP

Sorry - saw you too late.

Wie did not make it though - wipe right at the end. :(

Aww damn. Well if you guys give it another go later on let me know. This nightfall is a beast. Definitely need someone to stay back and play it safe due to the enemies spawning in the entrance and all of the arc damage everywhere. Two thunderlords and a plan c could be enough though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Swords seemed to actually NOT be optimal to get rid of all those Knights D: Also my helmet got an upgrade during all that so I'm lvl 29, and ready for some Nightfall and VoG Hard now :D

Well. Some of us plan on doing VOG on hard today so hang around some time during the day.

I've carried many people under leveled during weekly and daily stuff and if I'm ever doing them you are free to join.

raindoc

I've yet to do the Vault of Glass raid and I've been level 29 for a while now. I've seen it done but never attempted it. Is it even worth trying if I'm not going to buy the DLC any time soon (if at all)?

VoG is an awesome experience, worth it even if there wasn't any loot at all.
The Raids are the only things that are keeping me playing this game. Thanks Luke (& Raid team).

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Um, so I got 5 drops from Crota, but I only have 4 in my inventory and nothing at the post office... :/

Am I missing something?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Turns out these gauntlets don't even look as good as the ones I have on already and the stats are actually lower. Womp womp womp.

Bogeypop

Is that what all those symbols are? I was wondering what it means. I have a few stuff with it.

You want to do daily heroic? Looks like it's just the final DLC mission.

Sure. Was just about to say "Oh I already did it." Then I forgot it just reset an hour and a half ago.

SZips

VoG is an awesome experience, worth it even if there wasn't any loot at all.
The Raids are the only things that are keeping me playing this game. Thanks Luke (& Raid team).
Guess I might try to make use of the raid group thread this weekend then. Nothing else to do without owning the DLC.

EL CUCO

Yo Cuco I heard that you know how to get Crota down in 3 rounds is this true? I had to leave the team I was with but god we spent 1.5+ hours on Crota and nothing came of it.

Sorry for the late response. I finally got some sleep last night. I think we did it with 2 or 3 first timers, as well. but everyone understood their role and was locked in. Boguester/Drizzay ran the
sword up Crota's ass.
Here's the vid of our run.

http://youtu.be/8CLP2jet0qw

Once I have the general vanguard rep to level 2 and am working on getting marks to buy my first legendary I'm guessing its best to equip a faction item so while gaining marks I'm also working on a faction rep?

Edit: my crucible rank is currently zero but I imagine its far quicker just getting a faction rep up for buying crucible gear then the normal crucible rep.

This game is just filled with instances of genius gamedesign isn't it? Been sitting at skywatch in the loot cave for the last half an hour waiting for a stupid public event so I can kill some dude named urzok for stupid gloves so I have to grind less marks on my final alt. INSPIRING SHIT DUDES.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Once I have the general vanguard rep to level 2 and am working on getting marks to buy my first legendary I'm guessing its best to equip a faction item so while gaining marks I'm also working on a faction rep?

Edit: my crucible rank is currently zero but I imagine its far quicker just getting a faction rep up for buying crucible gear then the normal crucible rep.

If you are leveling up a faction, you can't level up vanguard as well. It's one or the other. Same goes for the crucible.

If you are leveling up a faction, you can't level up vanguard as well. It's one or the other. Same goes for the crucible.
Yeah I get that. I just got vanguard to level 2, given I'm only level 24 right now and do not have the dlc so I can't see a reason to get level 3 right now so am just figuring out the most efficient rep to grind next. I need to earn more vanguard marks to actually buy a legendary so figured the best option would be to equip a faction item to gain rep whilst doing pve related grinding for the vanguard marks. Was posting to see if I was missing something or is this actually the best choice?

I assume you can earn vanguard marks with a faction item equipped.

So I've got a horse shoe up my ass or they changed their RNG...

Last night normal raid: only raid piece for lock I didn't get dropped then Atheon gave me hawkmoon.

Tonight in Crota the first two checkpoints netted me the raid chest and arms. Then I ran another normal VOG, I got the Titan chest I've been chasing since before I had more than one character, then I got a Monte Carlo.

The messed up part about those exotics is that they were 2/3 of the ones that I've never had.

Holy fucking dicktits fuck this game, urzok just spawned after an hour of waiting and he had lightning shield and 3000000000 adds that spawned, I was solo and he despawned before I could kill him. Fuck Bungie may they drown in a bag of dicks.

Bogeypop

Holy fucking dicktits fuck this game, urzok just spawned after an hour of waiting and he had lightning shield and 3000000000 adds that spawned, I was solo and he despawned before I could kill him. Fuck Bungie may they drown in a bag of dicks.

If only you where here an hour ago. There were like 5+ people there and he just melted like butter. I was surprised after hearing everyone talk him up.

Anyone down for nightfall?

I'm down.

PSN: drassill

let's see if you don't ignore me like the other guy one page ago :'(

If only you where here an hour ago. There were like 5+ people there and he just melted like butter. I was surprised after hearing everyone talk him up.

I'm down.

PSN; drassill

let's see if you don't ignore me like the other guy one page ago :'(

I had one lvl 8 guy in the zone with me. He didn't stand a chance honestly.

This is great, I had two hours to play today, I've already spent one hour sitting in skywatch waiting for urzok. Who the hell thought this was a good idea?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Maxed out my thorn 2.0. I dont get why some people are saying they cant tell the difference between pre and post upgrade. I definitely can.

Finally have three Light +33 gear and one Exotic +36 gear equipped. Now I just have to farm the shit out of the helium filaments. I would use the marks I have, but I'm saving those for Legendary weapons I might find worth getting

Top Bottom