• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

KageMaru

Am I understanding this correctly that we now have to wait for Xur to offer our exotic equipment before we can even exchange it for the upgraded version?

If so this whole thing is a bigger joke than I thought. How could Bungie be fucking up so badly?

Am I understanding this correctly that we now have to wait for Xur to offer our exotic equipment before we can even exchange it for the upgraded version?

If so this whole thing is a bigger joke than I thought. How could Bungie be fucking up so badly?

Yes.

Has anyone noticed if the handed in Exotics do upgrade quicker?

I'm sure that was one of the perks of handed it in wasn't it?

Just done that with the Suros but certainly not feeling any improvement to how fast it's gaining XP yet.

KageMaru

Yes.

Just done that with the Suros but certainly not feeling any improvement to how fast it's gaining XP yet.

Thanks and with that I think I'm done with this fucking game. All of these shitty design choices makes Bungie look so desperate to artificially lengthen the playtime for their game. They used to be such a great studio too.

ocean

Banned
Yes.

5% buff. If you did nightfall it's 31.25% (1.05*1.25*XP).

phen0m24

Obsidian Mind looks like it's the old Vanguard Eclipse Maw helm just painted all black. Quite a lazy job there Bungie.

X in a strange turn of events my son's hunter is 31. So I may be able to help out with dps in the raid should we jump back in. I couldn't get my Titan there due to needing the radiant shards. :(

X-Frame

I got an exotic bounty -- the one between Pocket Infinity, Bad Juju, and SGA.

I have all 3 already but this gives me a chance to get the upgraded versions.

Bad Juju would likely be fun in the new raid, especially if I can spam my super my often. Pocket Infinity is broken right now, so who knows if it'll be another month for a fix. When it is, I bet fully maxed it'll do some insane damage in the new raid too.

Hmm, what to pick ..

ocean

Banned
Only 5%? That's ridiculously small especially if your was already maxed.
Yeah, I was hoping it'd be a higher buff. 10% would have seemed more fair.

At any rate the issue with upgrades is planetary materials for me. I'd rather get no buff on XP gains and have each node cost half what they did the first time around or something like that.

rNilla

I got an exotic bounty -- the one between Pocket Infinity, Bad Juju, and SGA.

I have all 3 already but this gives me a chance to get the upgraded versions.

Bad Juju would likely be fun in the new raid, especially if I can spam my super my often. Pocket Infinity is broken right now, so who knows if it'll be another month for a fix. When it is, I bet fully maxed it'll do some insane damage in the new raid too.

Hmm, what to pick ..
In my experience the SGA and PI bounties don't appear as often so I'd pick one of those. SGA is easy and you can complete the Xur step while he's still around.

Deku Tree

I was thinking... The new raid rocket launcher is probably not as good as ghorn... But it is also probably either (1) almost as good or (2) as good or (3) even better then ghorn when you are in the raid with its raid damage increase perk.

ocean

Banned
I was thinking... The new raid rocket launcher is probably not as good as ghorn... But it is also probably either (1) almost as good or (2) as good or (3) even better then ghorn when you are in the raid with its raid damage increase perk.
It's probably worse, same or better? Yeah, I guess that's probable since there's no other possible outcome :p

I really wanna get my hands on that and the Sniper.

It's probably worse, same or better? Yeah, I guess that's probable since there's no other possible outcome :p

I wonder if the dragons breath would be better on Crota. The flare left behind
would stop him regenning his shield right?

Deku Tree

That's not exactly what I was saying. My main point was that its probably in the worst cast almost as good and very close to ghorn in terms of damage done to enemies in the raid.

I look forward to hearing about tests.

ocean

Banned
That's not exactly what I was saying. My main point was that its probably in the worst cast almost as good and very close to ghorn in terms of damage done to enemies in the raid.

I look forward to hearing about tests.
I know man I'm just messing with you :p

First day of the break. Ton of Destiny for the holidays ahead of me. Gonna drop this here for you all, may the Cryptarch be nice to us all:

B4smw2-CUAAKJz2.jpg

noomi

Woo! Crota downed twice, my god that was a smooth run. Amazing what a great group with a strategy and good communication can do!

Got me that new rocket launcher (ghorn minus wolf rounds), some silly looking shotgun, emblem and shader. Sniper will be mine next weekend :D

Thanks TearsOfBlood for the invite, that was really awesome ;)

Bungie should get a Christmas tree at the Tower or something. Or maybe send us a purple Engram as a gift :)

I love how in the image above that I posted, the cryptarch is gifting you a purple
but really if you look closely at the rip on the package, it's a green LOL.

ocean

Banned
That would be fun but it's never going to happen IMO because Destiny is global and a lot of people celebrate a different holiday.
Well Halloween is celebrated in a far smaller part of the world and it got a little Easter egg in the game. Christmas is observed throughout North and South America, Europe and beyond. Granted it's not universal but I want to say it's close?

I just want an excuse to demand an Engram. I agree with you on it probably not happening though, sadly.

Level 31 at last. I shouldn't have started with upgrading my raid gear. My CE gauntlets and legs are fully upgraded, but obviously I didn't have enough shards to get to 31 -_-.

Edit: Obsidian mind!

raindoc

All upgraded armor on my warlock and hunter fully unlocked. upgraded IB and TLW fully unlocked.
Anyone got some spare Glimmer?

ocean

Banned
Ok I want to kick Crota's ass and steal his Sniper. Who's with me? I have the checkpoint and want to see him on his knees and mauled to death for wiping me so many times and having uber asshole adds (Ogres are the new Praetorians). I wanna do this 6 hours from the moment I post this. Everyone's welcome but if we get an experienced swordsman and a few 31s I feel confident we can get him down quick.

Crota's End - Crota Checkpoint - 22:00 CET
1. a_javierp - 31 Titan
2. katana_strikes - 31 Warlock
3. rubenov25 - 31 Warlock
4. daraman - 31 Titan
5. clutch_wayzz - 31 Warlock
6. spyder_ur - 30 Titan

Ok I want to kick Crota's ass and steal his Sniper. Who's with me? I have the checkpoint and want to see him on his knees and mauled to death for wiping me so many times and having uber asshole adds (Ogres are the new Praetorians). I wanna do this 6 hours from the moment I post this. Everyone's welcome but if we get an experienced swordsman and a few 31s I feel confident we can get him down quick.

1. a_javierp - 31 Titan

Sure thing. Lvl 31 warlock. Nearly had him down the other day. No experience with the sword though.

Rubenov

1. a_javierp - 31 Titan

I'm in - Rubenov25 Level25 Warlock

moris

1. a_javierp - 31 Titan
3. rubenov25 - 25 Warlock (Bungie will feature you next update bro)

I'm in as well. ms1582
level 30 warlock (or titan with 2nd chest checkpoint if needed)

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

1. a_javierp - 31 Titan

I'm down. 31 titan, PSN Daraman

King C

1. a_javierp - 31 Titan

I'll join level 31 Warlock. PSN Clutch_WaYzz.

spyder_ur

1. a_javierp - 31 Titan

I'd be down- 30 Titan. Spent a few hours on him Thursday so I'm familiar with it, though not with the sword. Upgraded horn worked fairly well. Let me know if that's alright.

So this is 4 eastern right?

Top Bottom