• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Three Xur engrams last night... Obsidian Mind, Helm of Saint 14, Symbiote.

Cryptarch package gave me DLC legendary Rocket Launcher and Shotgun.

In RNGesus' name, Amen.

lt519

Need one more for Crota Raid starting in one hour, first timers and level 30+ (we maaaaay be able to carry a really good 29). PS4 rarbusto

Maledict

I'm really perplexed why the best story mission in the game is a one-off event at the end of a really stupid quest line from Eris. That final mission is more unique than any other I've done in the game, including the final mission of the main storyline. Heck, it's more unique and has more interesting mechanics than any of the normal strikes.

Almost fully leveled up my raid gauntlets. I like the stats on my raid chest and legs I just hope I can get the exotic helmet I want with Int and Dis. Level 32 hopefully soon.

LiK

i'm already 31 i'm just maxing weapons and waiting for my group so we can finish

I'm 31. Also, i watched a video guide. Only a Warlock or Titan can jump right up to Crota in time to get more hits in before he gets back up. We should try that. Hunter jumps aren't good for the final fight, I guess.

sN48kzu.jpg
Hey at least you're playing Destiny. I'm sitting at home watching a sick baby while wife is at work. I've been trying to log in with vita RP and knock out some bounties and the Eris quest when she naps.

I spent 4 hours in a Crota group last night and got so close... three hours the night before. I really want to kill this fucker!!!

todd360

I'm 31. Also, i watched a video guide. Only a Warlock or Titan can jump right up to Crota in time to get more hits in before he gets back up. We should try that. Hunter jumps aren't good for the final fight, I guess.

Yeah don't worry. I'm taking lead role today.

hunters just need to spec properly. max agility, triple or higher jump. i'm not sure what fig was using but it looked like she had to jump 3 times to get up. it probably would have been fine if we got the timing down.

is why i tried to go around behind him. was faster and safer assuming i didn't fall off.

i'm still not a fan of the way the fight is orchestrated. compared to the cleverness of the first two encounters, this one feels sloppy and unrefined.

Hunters can jump up in time just fine. It's the people shooting Crota's shields who need to get the timing right.

hunters just need to spec properly. max agility, triple or higher jump. i'm not sure what fig was using but it looked like she had to jump 3 times to get up. it probably would have been fine if we got the timing down.

is why i tried to go around behind him. was faster and safer assuming i didn't fall off.

i'm still not a fan of the way the fight is orchestrated. compared to the cleverness of the first two encounters, this one feels sloppy and unrefined.

I was using triple jump with max agility.

Deku Tree

Hunters can jump up in time just fine. It's the people shooting Crota's shields who need to get the timing right.

Really I think it's the coordination and communication and syncing that's key. One person needs to be calling the shooting and the jumping and they need to be spot on with the timing every single time almost.

It sucks when you accidentally kill everything and it checkpoints. Have to finish the mission and start over. Doesn't take long, but puts a damper on the glimmer train.

True. I think the best way to do it with is two warlocks/Titans. You only kill a few from the first ship and just start legging it to the second when it appears. When it does, each person takes a side and novabombs/FoH the 4 yellows on each side. Orbs all around so supers pretty much every turn. Also by the time you collect the orbs you're getting shot at so much that you're dead soon anyway. If no super, a rocket with cluster bombs works just as well.

LiK

Yeah don't worry. I'm taking lead role today.

We need one person for the Knights to the left with sniper. I guess someone else can do that.

hunters just need to spec properly. max agility, triple or higher jump. i'm not sure what fig was using but it looked like she had to jump 3 times to get up. it would have been fine if we got the timing down.

The way they just tossed us a bunch of adds throwing shit at us took away the strategic element. tue fact that only one guy can really hurt him kinda makes the rest of us feel like a support team unlike Atheon wherein felt like we were all fucking him up.

Totally agree on your last point.

LiK

It's annoying how his shields instantly recharge. We need only one guy pointing out the shields during it so less confusion for sword holder. I'll let you guys decide. I'm just gonna shoot.

We need one person for the Knights to the left with sniper. I guess someone else can do that.

The way they just tossed us a bunch of adds throwing shit at us took away the strategic element. tue fact that only one guy can really hurt him kinda makes the rest of us feel like a support team unlike Atheon wherein felt like we were all fucking him up.

yup, it feels cheap. they should have brought some of the mechanics from before into the battle. i keep seeing people say you can't get "carried", but you can similarly do barely anything during this fight except "not die". when everyone is huddled together, that's already pretty easy, and it'll be even easier when we're overleveled

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'd like to join any hard VOG or CE raid. Have two 31s. Haven't tried the latter yet except to exploit that first chest.

Our last VOG hard raid was pretty intense. We had a bunch of 29s and they weren't too good. There was only three of us left during the gatekeeper part and I had to hold the middle by myself. It was probably the hardest thing I had to do yet. But the Horn as usual is the best thing to have during these times. Jump sniping with the horn works wonders.

Top Bottom