• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Definitely going to delete my titan or hunter. Finally got the hunter mastery trophy, so that's out of the way. I'll like end my titan. Poor guy. I really don't enjoy either class though. Moving to two warlocks and a hunter. My warlocks can share the gear and increase my raid gear chances. After I max my titans marks for the week, I'm done. Bye defender. Gone, but not forgotten. A sunbro will rise from your ashes

Crota is simpler with Bladedancer speed and invisibility. I finished him in under an hour and it was my first time with the sword. I was the only 31 also and we all just used Icebreakers.

Varvor

Definitely going to delete my titan or hunter. Finally got the hunter mastery trophy, so that's out of the way. I'll like end my titan. Poor guy. I really don't enjoy either class though. Moving to two warlocks and a hunter. My warlocks can share the gear and increase my raid gear chances. After I max my titans marks for the week, I'm done. Bye defender. Gone, but not forgotten. A sunbro will rise from your ashes

You do realize that Titan is shaping up to be master class for current raid?

Defender Titan's Ward of Dawn and blinding grenades are supper effective in normal difficulty raid and I am assuming that Heroic it will become even more demanding.

Willing to bet that Titans are to CE are what Warlocks were to VoG.

Lima

Guys I will put up a video later when we run with a friend. Hunter is master race this raid. It will show how you down him in 3 sword runs easy as a 31 sword bearer when playing Bladedancer.

Ok, I won't be able to join you guys at 1. Might need to take a break and eat something. Good luck. If you need help, feel free to invite me if you see me on,

Alright.

6pm GMT CE Raid team, I might be about ten minutes late. Also, death4romabove are you still around? We have a space for you now.

FIIIIIRRRREEEEEEE
OmCv6Ud.jpg

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Guys I will put up a video later when we run with a friend. Hunter is master race this raid. It will show how you down him in 3 sword runs easy as a 31 sword bearer when playing Bladedancer.
Jumping from the middle right?

R1,R1,R2 and repeat. You can only get this many hits in with a bladedancer hunter. Cloak and stand right behind him as people unload on his shield. You can start the attack once his shield is down and he is doing the kneel animation.

After you have done the hits and he glows red quickly drop the sword and hit him with a melee attack to turn invisible again (need to have escape artist and shadowjack) and then pick up the sword. If timed correctly your invisibility will last until he is about to go down for the second time(depends on the guys doing the damage, bring the big guns).

If everything went smoothly he should be at 60% after one sword run.

Oooooh okay, this seems interesting.

Nice! All my characters have the gear for 31, but I've been focusing on getting my hunter there first.

Varvor

Hunter are probably second place, but they do have advantage of going invisible and sitting next to Crota as his shield goes down.

Varvor

Guys, would there by any advantage to jumping from the back (over the rock boundary behind Crota) over jumping from the Middle?

There is, especially if you are a hunter...

To be specific....

The Advantage comes in form of consistency and timing of arrival to dps the boss.

The Disadvantage comes in from of time loss, you will waste precious 5-7 seconds running to that spot....this time is needed to comeback for a second swinging at the boss after he recovers his shield from first beating (this is vital to beating the boss).

Based upon hours and hours of wiping before we downed him 3 times in a row over same evening I san say the following:

As a level 31 sword bearer.

You have 5 (6th is def possible with good efficiency) attempts to hit him.

Each heavy does ~14,700 damage, so you can do easy 3 heavy strikes: 14,700 x 3 = 44,100, plus one light strike if you lucky/quick of ~6,000. Totaling up to 50k damage per successful attempt.

5 attempts x 50k = 250k health for boss.

Problem is that its real hard to do 50k damage due to time shortage, its easier to do 3 hit for 44k, run away and have his shied drop and do two more hits before sword disappears.

I bought the Urn from Xur yesterday, but today my friend is there looking for it, and Xur doesn't have it for sale? Does anyone know why it might not be showing up for him? He has the expansion, fyi

Arrrammis

Has anyone seen this/been able to test it? I'd try it, but my group doesn't usually get on until the evening.
Reddit Post
[Semi-Cheese]

This cheese involves the Sunbro exploiting the Oversoul. If the sunbro commits suicide right before taking Crota’s shield down, Crota will strike his pose but will still be vulnerable to the sword. If done correctly, you can get Crota down to half health after one round. You can also do this right as enrage is starting.

ocean

Banned
I bought the Urn from Xur yesterday, but today my friend is there looking for it, and Xur doesn't have it for sale? Does anyone know why it might not be showing up for him? He has the expansion, fyi
Tell him to double check he has that purple Eris quest bounty.

k1t4j

Anyone doing CE raid now and need 1 more?

31 hunter.

Also I have Crota's CP if anyone just wants to do that

My dropped LDR is actually pretty good. It should be more helpful in the raid compared to Praedyth's Revenge.

BQ2Ft84.jpg

I shall call it Pumpkin.

If only LDR had the stock RoF that Hieracon has.

gdt

Any Crotas End groups gathering?

Need to do it on my warlock. Would also like to do the 1st section on my 29 Titan.

The raid FR seems insane. Dat charge rate and it has Hip Fire! Need to level that, Black Hammer and my upgraded Icebreaker. Also need to do Crota once more.

Top Bottom