• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Sullichin

Are there any good new chest / arm / (leg??) exotics for Hunter? Legendary helmet came in a postmaster package so my options are open. I have the spine which looks cool but doesn't seem that useful, even though I use trip mines. Anyone like it?

Greenymac

Looking for CE Raid with some experienced peeps around 7 pm eastern. 31 warlock with all the goodies. Havent done Crotas End yet, so someone with a good grasp of whats going on would be appreciated.

1. Greenymac- 31 Warlock, Ghorn

DriZzay could jump in that'd be great...

KJRage

Nice, yeah that ship has only dropped... twice, I think, out of the 26 Crota drops I've seen.

Bladedancer is nice for the sword carrier but it doesn't really matter what class the sword carrier is btw.

My team before had trouble getting the timing down from when the sword carrier got to Crota and when he would drop to a knee. When we had our hunter go invisible, it seemed much easier since he was able to stand by Crota just before his shield went completely down and get 3 good hits in. Timing is everything.

coy

Nice, which strat were you guys using out of curiosity? 3 swords to kill?

5 down in the room with 1 sniper for the knights on the balcony. Sniper would come join the party before the ogres appeared. Had 4 swords to kill.
I am still trying to get the mechanics down so I hope the brief snippet is enough info.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Looking for CE Raid with some experienced peeps around 7 pm eastern. 31 warlock with all the goodies. Havent done Crotas End yet, so someone with a good grasp of whats going on would be appreciated.

2. GraveRobberX, 31 Titan, 331 Ice Breaker

I can come

I'm down

PSN - EyelessOrphan

timnich

I'm down! PSN is ptr19

todd360

pvp on new maps in a few minutes. who's up?

Yo zoba what time are we raiding? I'm thinking 6 pm est. Math should be home by then and everyone else is usually free at that time. If everyone is on sooner than that then just pm me or send me a play station message and I will log in.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If you guys have a spot open for VOG hard, I'll join. Kadey1up. No mic. I'll bring my 31 Hunter.

Watching Capcom Cup with some people so all I can do is kill things.

lt519

We need two more for the final Crota fight. PS4, rarbusto, two guys had to leave. We've got some of it figured out but not all. We have 3 31s and 1 30, only took us 3 hours to get here blind.

ocean

Banned
Guys Katana_Strikes is taking over! Join him :)

Crota's End - Crota Checkpoint - 22:00 CET
2. katana_strikes - 31 Warlock
3. rubenov25 - 31 Warlock
4. clutch_wayzz - 31 Warlock
5. spyder_ur - 30 Titan
6: aphex26 - 31 Warlock

Alt: madgame- 31 Titan

Hey guys! My roommate has a dinner party and there's a lot of noise. It's a bit weird to have a dude gaming while everybody's drinking and talking :p

Would you mind terribly if I skipped out? MADAME, would you be down to fill in as 6th? I have the checkpoint I can give you guys if you need it!

Join us we've got 4

Crota's End - Crota Checkpoint - 22:00 CET
1. a_javierp - 31 Titan
2. katana_strikes - 31 Warlock
3. rubenov25 - 31 Warlock
4. clutch_wayzz - 31 Warlock
5. spyder_ur - 30 Titan
6: aphex26 - 31 Warlock

Alt: madgame- 31 Titan

Hey guys! My roommate has a dinner party and there's a lot of noise. It's a bit weird to have a dude gaming while everybody's drinking and talking :p

Would you mind terribly if I skipped out? MADAME, would you be down to fill in as 6th? I have the checkpoint I can give you guys if you need it!

Ok no worries. Just let us know who's talking over so we can join.

coy

If you guys have a spot open for VOG hard, I'll join. Kadey1up. No mic. I'll bring my 31 Hunter.

Watching Capcom Cup with some people so all I can do is kill things.

You're speaking my language. Went to the last two and had hella fun but did not go this year.

2nd Crota kill got me
Song of Ir Yût
. These weapons are sexy I must say.

Wtf, PSN is acting up for me. Lagged out of my destiny raid group. . I stopped being able to see some of my raid members. Fuck come on.

Trying to log back on LordofPWN but god damn. This was acting up for me the whole raid. Even party chat was messing up for me.

Ambitious

I gotta decide between upgrading my Arnamentarium or buying the Ruin Wings. Think I'm going to go with the former. An extra grenade is always useful, and I don't use heavy weapons that often.

Man, I don't know. How is the heavy ammo drop with Ruin Wings? Are they worth it?

Nice, which strat were you guys using out of curiosity? 3 swords to kill?

4 swords. Instead of the main group standing on stairs on the left, we had them at the bottom in the middle next to the place we run into when it's ogre time. Found that to be easier as we only needed one sniper on knight duty and we had more people getting consistent fire on the swordbearer. Dhruv
jumped up from the right side instead of Middle. Another we did was have all warlocks be Voidwalkers instead of sunsingers as the novabombs really helps with the sword bearer.

Three runs = one wipe + Crota down twice.

GhaleonEB

Nat, Fyre and Hawkian are doing the weekly heroic right now. Before I went to lunch, they got to Omnigul. I went out, picked up lunch, came home and ate it.

They're still fighting her. I think she's got a wee too much health...

deafmedal

Hello! My 4 buddies and I are looking for 1 brave level 30 guardian who has NOT ran CE yet (this includes getting the first chest) to join us in a blind first run-PS4
PSN deafmedal

Lima

Guys I will put up a video later when we run with a friend. Hunter is master race this raid. It will show how you down him in 3 sword runs easy as a 31 sword bearer when playing Bladedancer.

R1,R1,R2 and repeat. You can only get this many hits in with a bladedancer hunter. Cloak and stand right behind him as people unload on his shield. You can start the attack once his shield is down and he is doing the kneel animation.

After you have done the hits and he glows red quickly drop the sword and hit him with a melee attack to turn invisible again (need to have escape artist and shadowjack) and then pick up the sword. If timed correctly your invisibility will last until he is about to go down for the second time(depends on the guys doing the damage, bring the big guns).

If everything went smoothly he should be at 60% after one sword run.

Hunter Master Race beating Crota in 3 Swords

Here is the video I promised and I quoted the stuff you need to know. The video is from my perspective as a 31 bladedancer hunter. I cut out the first part because seeing someone waiting around is boring as shit. We even fucked up a little by killing the second swordbearer too far in the middle so I couldn't get that many hits in on the second run and because of that the combo was fucked up too.

Fuck your Titans and Warlocks. Hunter best class confirmed once again.

shem935

Banned
Just duoed the
bridge with two 29's. Took a bit to get the ogres to spawn but once they did that radiant energy was mine!

CREMSteve

Nat, Fyre and Hawkian are doing the weekly heroic right now. Before I went to lunch, they got to Omnigul. I went out, picked up lunch, came home and ate it.

Nightfall took us a long time last night as well.

Must be doing it underleveled. With arc weapons she goes down fast.

Top Bottom