• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Argghhh, many apologies to the Crota crew that was going to go at 6pm gmt, my life stuff ended up taking much longer than anticipated.

I'm on now and available if anybody is still looking for sword running... were you guys still able to bust it out?

Still have to beat crota with my hunter whenever enough people need to do it as well.

Hi Boguester! Great raid clears last night! Thanks again!
I think Cuco and Madgame and Zewone et al are looking for one more right now.

Sure thing, thanks for sticking it out the whole time with both teams, I know it was getting late for you, haha. It was a lot of fun for sure!

Looks like their team is full now but please just send me an invite if anybody needs an extra (sword runner or GHorn or whatever). I'm just sitting in the tower while doing more life stuff but ready to rock anytime.

Sure thing, thanks for sticking it out the whole time with both teams, I know it was getting late for you, haha. It was a lot of fun for sure!

Looks like their team is full now but please just send me an invite if anybody needs an extra (sword runner or GHorn or whatever). I'm just sitting in the tower while doing more life stuff but ready to rock anytime.

Hey! If there's space left in Hetchis group do you want to join?

Ambitious

B4svyFwIIAA-0Vg.jpg:large

I had this weird glitch causing the bottom part of the coat to be invisible, but only if I looked in one of two specific directions.

Stubo

Any Xbox One Crota runs going on GAF?

Level 31 Titan with ice breaker (307) and 331 primary/heavy, shoot me a PM if you're giving it a go :)

Argghhh, many apologies to the Crota crew that was going to go at 6pm gmt, my life stuff ended up taking much longer than anticipated.

I'm on now and available if anybody is still looking for sword running... were you guys still able to bust it out?

No problem man, yeah, Crota got a beat down :p. Only one wipe

Thanks everyone who helped out and a shout out to our esteemed sword bearer Dhruv. Only 1 wipe.

GlamFM

Banned
VoG hard mode

Have an oracle checkpoint.

Would like to finish it in about 30 mins.

Need that Fatebringer!

Any takers?

ocean

Banned
Crota's End - Crota Checkpoint - 22:00 CET
1. a_javierp - 31 Titan
2. katana_strikes - 31 Warlock
3. rubenov25 - 31 Warlock
X. [Not Joining] daraman - 31 Titan
4. clutch_wayzz - 31 Warlock
5. spyder_ur - 30 Titan
6: aphex26 - 31 Warlock

Alt: madgame- 31 Titan

A little over an hour to go! I'll start a Party Chat in like half an hour so just let me know as you become available. We can start as soon as all of us are ready!

Still have to beat crota with my hunter whenever enough people need to do it as well.

Yeah, beat it 5x with my titan but still need it on my warlock and hunter, ha. I'm down to run it as many times as people want, it would be sweet if I didn't have to run sword every time since the cat is out of the bag on killing this joker by now.

Getting it done a second time :-D

No problem man, yeah, Crota got a beat down :p. Only one wipe

Thanks everyone who helped out and a shout out to our esteemed sword bearer Dhruv. Only 1 wipe.

Nice, glad that I didn't hose things up for everyone by no-showing. By now the word has probably spread around enough that more people can slice him up good which is awesome.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Crota's End - Crota Checkpoint - 22:00 CET
1. a_javierp - 31 Titan
2. katana_strikes - 31 Warlock
3. rubenov25 - 31 Warlock
4. daraman - 31 Titan
5. clutch_wayzz - 31 Warlock
6. spyder_ur - 30 Titan

Alt: aphex26 - 31 Warlock
Alt: madgame- 31 Titan

A little over an hour to go! I'll start a Party Chat in like half an hour so just let me know as you become available. We can start as soon as all of us are ready!
I ended up joining one right now because the timing works better for me. (daraman)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
VoG hard mode

Have an oracle checkpoint.

Would like to finish it in about 30 mins.

Need that Fatebringer!

Any takers?

I can come and help, if you give me the checkpoint on all 3 chars, we can run Oracle + Templar and gorgons 3 times if need be

Nodnol

Any Xbox One Crota runs going on GAF?

Level 31 Titan with ice breaker (307) and 331 primary/heavy, shoot me a PM if you're giving it a go :)

I'm trying to find one too! Let me know if you do, and likewise the other way too.

I do have three others that I could get together. They've gone offline now but push comes to shove I might be able to get them.

I have the bridge checkpoint if needed.

Anyone kind enough to take me Glimmer farming? I need to buy SUROS upgrade and have under 100 glimmer. I want to try out that Exclusion Zone spot...anyone I can join?

Definitely the best spot. Pop a Resupply Code before the door opens and go to town. Use a grenade to kill yourself or wait for the Centurion and two phalanxes in the last wave to off you. Easily got around 6500 glimmer in ~25 minutes.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
sorry SGamar, I forgot it got to be so late and ghaleon had asked for help with his daughter on the weekly heroic, PSN won't let me send a damn message to you...

Deku Tree

I am running low level story missions with my level 2-3 Hunter. Trying to level up quickly. If anyone is doing the similar thing then just join in on me. pS4 DekuBleep

coy

Thanks Lolli, Random, d4th, coyq, druv

That was a smooth as run, got the shotgun swordbreaker.

The tactics laid out by Dhruv worked real well. Received
Hunger of Crota
for our efforts. Thanks all for the fun can't wait to do this again!

KJRage

Finally beat Crota! Wish they gave me some raid gear. Ended up with 2 shards, the ship, emblem, shader, and song of ir yut machine gun. Just glad to finally finish it. Definitely helps to have a hunter to be the sword carrier.

Deku Tree

Finally beat Crota! Wish they gave me some raid gear. Ended up with 2 shards, the ship, emblem, shader, and song of ir yut machine gun. Just glad to finally finish it. Definitely helps to have a hunter to be the sword carrier.

Congrats! My best guess is that armor only drops from the first two checkpoints. I think you got lucky getting the ship. That seems to be a rare raid boss drop compared to the others.

lupin23rd

Yeah but the thing is, what else are you going to do? You can't go outside and fight the fallen in the part where the shanks spawn. You literally have no other choice but to cheese it. Same thing with Omnigul where you stay in that starting hallway where the cursed thralls spawn. It's not a big deal once you know they spawn there, but if that's the reason they put them there that's not a good reason. It's not exactly anti-cheese when your only option is to stay in that area.

I don't know if this is really cheese (I consider it cheese, but then I'm also not opposed to cheese at all lol), but there is a trick for Omnigul.

Go to the room in the back, one person hides to the left behind the wall, the other(s) stand close but with a view out the door and just hammer on the boss. The boss will fire back and kill those players, but the other will be in a safe spot and should be close enough to just keep reviving.

Me and a friend did both nightfall and weekly combined in less time than it took us to do either of them by using the hallway.

I don't know if this is really cheese (I consider it cheese, but then I'm also not opposed to cheese at all lol), but there is a trick for Omnigul.

Go to the room in the back, one person hides to the left behind the wall, the other(s) stand close but with a view out the door and just hammer on the boss. The boss will fire back and kill those players, but the other will be in a safe spot and should be close enough to just keep reviving.

Me and a friend did both nightfall and weekly combined in less time than it took us to do either of them by using the hallway.

Saw the vid yesterday, that is textbook cheese.

Congrats! My best guess is that armor only drops from the first two checkpoints. I think you got lucky getting the ship. That seems to be a rare raid boss drop compared to the others.

Nice, yeah that ship has only dropped... twice, I think, out of the 26 Crota drops I've seen.

Bladedancer is nice for the sword carrier but it doesn't really matter what class the sword carrier is btw.

Top Bottom