• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

void666

Banned
People upgrading weapons, if you have duplicates pay attention to what you're doing.
I wasn't paying attention and upgraded the same ice breaker twice. 7k glimmer down the drain.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What weapos should I bring?

Have maxed out Vex, VOC, Crusader, Praedyth's, Horn and just started working on my new Thunderlord.

R0ckman

On doing some research I'm fairly convinced that the Husk of Pit is a quest item you get from the later DB bounties. The demo probably is set up to get it from drops, that way to get the players to get the game PLUS the DLC, that would be the most effective way of doing it honestly.

hetchi

Need one more for Crota checkpoint.

PSN: hetchi

1. KreusGotYa (31)
2. hetchi (31/me)
3.Daraman
4.DrDrizzay101
5.Snake_113
6. YzeNup

Nah cant right now. Watching tv with the lady...

So far at 7pm for Crotas End we've got.

1. Me-31
2. Graverobber-31
3. Ptr19
4. Eyeless orphan

If I'm on (dont know what timezone that time is for) you can send me an invite at YzeNup. I might be unable to talk because I don't want to enrage my girlfriend for the second time this week. Have 2 CE raid clears worth of experience though.

Hunter Master Race beating Crota in 3 Swords

Here is the video I promised and I quoted the stuff you need to know. The video is from my perspective as a 31 bladedancer hunter. I cut out the first part because seeing someone waiting around is boring as shit. We even fucked up a little by killing the second swordbearer too far in the middle so I couldn't get that many hits in on the second run and because of that the combo was fucked up too.

Fuck your Titans and Warlocks. Hunter best class confirmed once again.

Damn, looks like you're sitting this one out Todd.

GhaleonEB

For the 30 heroic? Nice payday, don't go spending it all at one place. :p

They did the 28, but that got her up to ~20+ strange coins.

She just bought Achlyophage Symbiote and an exotic shard, which pumped her up to level 27 and halfway to level 28 in one shot. She's thrilled.

Thanks Hawkian and Fyre!

For the Darkness Infused Pulse Rifle, is it saying you need 10,000 Crucible kills, or points from kills?

Don't know if this would work, but my kid is playing with the oCorn's kid. Would your daughter's crew be up for VoG normal? I'd trust hawk to be awesome and not curse and whatnot.

Yeah, she's been trying to get to 27 so she could do the raid. She's up for running it on a weekend.

My team before had trouble getting the timing down from when the sword carrier got to Crota and when he would drop to a knee. When we had our hunter go invisible, it seemed much easier since he was able to stand by Crota just before his shield went completely down and get 3 good hits in. Timing is everything.

Yeah, for sure invis can be handy and timing is everything. You can time it with any class though and get as many as 6 hit combo.

5 down in the room with 1 sniper for the knights on the balcony. Sniper would come join the party before the ogres appeared. Had 4 swords to kill.
I am still trying to get the mechanics down so I hope the brief snippet is enough info.

Yeah, definitely enough info, I've run Crota for many, many hours now so I'm probably familiar with all the strats, hah. I've killed him with 5 combos (3 swords) and been on pace a couple times for a two sword kill after 3 combos but didn't get a 4th shield break either time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah she's 26, but they were 30 or so.

Victory! Woo!
:D

even some rare arc wweapons can make a big difference during burns. Hope she gets what she wants from Xur!

edit: Awesome

I gotta people chest from it that turned into a 33 light one for my titan. If a helm engram is generous enough to become a Titan helm I can hit 31 before our raid tomorrow!

gonna be doing the nightfall in a minute if anyone is interested/available

Greenymac

If I'm on (dont know what timezone that time is for) you can send me an invite at YzeNup. I might be unable to talk because I don't want to enrage my girlfriend for the second time this week. Have 2 CE raid clears worth of experience though.

7 eastern, sorry for not specifying. Whats your psn?

Dave_6

Level 30 finally!
16014013405_49c5aa6283_o.jpg

Got this from the Nightfall not long ago:
I was happy to say the least.

Now I need to run the hard VoG with this Hunter and my 29 Warlock! Need that Vex and FB!!!

Thanks! She's rolling in the Crucible now.

I bought a new gauntlet today and hit 28. Destiny is like this, but in game form.

Do you have 2 separate machines and games or just play different characters on the same account? I would go crazy trying to fight for time with someone else on the same system and you could at least do some coop.

I can't wait for my kids to be old enough to play games like this together. Minecraft is their addiction right now. Maybe Destiny 3 in 2018!

GhaleonEB

Do you have 2 separate machines and games or just play different characters on the same account? I would go crazy trying to fight for time with someone else on the same system and you could at least do some coop.

I can't wait for my kids to be old enough to play games like this together. Minecraft is their addiction right now. Maybe Destiny 3 in 2018!

We just have the one, so we trade off. It's usually not a problem since we have the kids unplug from screens an hour before bedtime, and I plug in when they go to bed. It's only on the weekends when we brawl for the PS4.

I really wish Destiny had split screen co-op. We'll never get to play it together. (Well, maybe Destiny 3 when she goes to college in six or seven years.)

allday247

Banned
Anyone raiding later? I Will be looking to do corta's end around 11pm/ 12am GMT. I do have a corta check point but don't mind running a fresh run.

Lvl 30 titan. PSN: Milkypooz

Add me if you need a hand.

phen0m24

Hawkian: Josh is finished with the void part of Thorn. Would you like to roll with him on Xyor? He's going to try to roll with hudson's son who is 27. Lol

Top Bottom