• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Why don't those grinches over at Bungie decorate the Tower for Christmas? Place could use a bit of cheer

And please don't berate me with the PC "not everyone celebrates Christmas" hogwash

Ha.

It would be great though if they could do something like that. Something rather in the background instead of giving items that don't even work for a lot of people (Jack O lantern masks).

There;s roughly 8 locations the Knights spawn on

Earth:
Skywatch, either the Hive Loot Door or the Loot Cave/Adjacent area going to Jovian Complex
Mothyards, either the far bottom back cave before( where the Captain + Dreg or Shank + Dreg spawn, the patrol mission Hole in the Wall, the bottom cave area next to it or the far front area by the planes where the Warsat drops
Steppes, either where the 3 Hive Ultras spawn or the second furthest cave adjacent to the stair towards where you spawn into Patrol
Forgotten Shores, either the cave where those Dregs and 1 lonely shank patrol, empty huge cave or the Ship where their is tha Capatin a few vandals and a few dregs roaming the ship, the ritual is in the hull
The Divide, either the room far back where the 3 shanks + vandal spawn out from or the door to side where the 2 shanks spawn from, near a patrol marker
Rocketyard, right as you enter and where the Sevritor and Knight are going at it or the far back area where there are 2 knights + acolyte

Moon:
Archer's Line, either the warehouse where you trigger the first mission the dark beyond on the moon or the small complex outside that has a few shanks and vandal/dregs roaming on the top balcony part, right next to the warehouse

Anchor of Light, never seen it spawn here, didn't stay long enough to have info

Hellmouth, 1 is right by where the base behind the rock is, that area that has 2 caves where the Fallen are patroling, Warsat drops there or inside the base

So 6 out of 7 locations, Earth Skywatch will be the toughest to get shit done for bounty, Hellmouth the easiest, cause not many patrol the area there

Hell Earth, The Divide is the second best, after Walker event happens, it's barren for roughly 20 minutes

As usual, my frustration with this game was due to my own ignorance. Thank you!

Readvacancy

Neo Member
What hours work? I can start as early as 7-8pm EST, but I can go later now that the place is all to myself. I'll put you on though.

Anyone who wants to do VOG Hard is welcome. 30s are preferable, but 29s who know their way around and have suitable maxed weapons I'll take in to a limit. Probably 2.

Edit: Until then, I have both the Urzok bounty and Xyor bounty to complete and can help with those. Former is priority. Not doing normal VoGs tonight since I'll be running Hard.
If you're still recruiting for this, I can go whenever you're ready.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
oh.my.god.

in the heat of battle, switching to a rocket launcher mid multiplayer map as i'm about to pick up some heavy ammo, i just... dismantled my fully upgraded hezen. FUCK. feels bad man =(

i blame all those shitty blues i dismantle and my terrible too good muscle memory. FUCK.

I'll run a VOG Hard at around 8 EST if enough people are interested.

1. ArkkAngel007- Level 30 Hunter
2. Westonianb Level 30 Hunter
3. Readvacancy

Suffice to say, could use at least a Titan.

If you're still recruiting for this, I can go whenever you're ready.

Rank and class? That's three for VoG. If you mean to kill Urzok too, then...
I have to kill Urzok, too. PSN: CartmanPat

Alright, I'll send you a request shortly. Gotta feed the dog or she'll be blowing out everyone's mics with her barks.

Need 3 more for VoG Hard. The approximate start will be 8pm EST, but I can be flexible for earlier or later depending on who all signs up and if there's a time that suits everyone better.

oh.my.god.

in the heat of battle, switching to a rocket launcher mid multiplayer map as i'm about to pick up some heavy ammo, i just... dismantled my fully upgraded hezen. FUCK. feels bad man =(

i blame all those shitty blues i dismantle and my terrible too good muscle memory. FUCK.

what on earth haha

Readvacancy

Neo Member
Rank and class? That's three for VoG. If you mean to kill Urzok too, then...

Alright, I'll send you a request shortly. Gotta feed the dog or she'll be blowing out everyone's mics with her barks.

Need 3 more for VoG Hard. The approximate start will be 8pm EST, but I can be flexible for earlier or later depending on who all signs up and if there's a time that suits everyone better.

30 Hunter. I don't have to kill him, but I can help if you need it.

Tapiozona

Banned
Trying to figure out which exotic armor to roll with. I currently have ab exotic gauntlet but I noticed the defense gap between legendary-exotic for the body armor was a few points higher than for any other type of armor. Does this mean exotic busy armor is the only type to get?

Cross posting from the other thread because I really need strange coins :p
Would anyone be willing to help me complete the new strike (Omnigul) on PS4? I'm a level 28 Warlock doing the level 28 weekly to get strange coins. PSN is tghmoo. If you add me, just say from GAF. Thanks!

Hitting gatekeepers for experimental glimmer farm because the exclusion zone sucks nads. Running through VoG normal up to there right now. Got one slot left. Hit me up at PSN: YzeNup for an invite.

Cross posting from the other thread because I really need strange coins :p
Would anyone be willing to help me complete the new strike (Omnigul) on PS4? I'm a level 28 Warlock doing the level 28 weekly to get strange coins. PSN is tghmoo. If you add me, just say from GAF. Thanks!

I am gonna be doing this later on tonight in abour 2.5 hours with a rl friend. More than welcome to join us if you still need to do this.

hey guys, i bought an exotic shard on accident (thought i need it for the helmet i wanted, instead it was for the upgrade) now i got an exotic sniper rifle (ice breaker) should i use it on it or safe it for later? i'm level 26.

I feel like I'm getting behind in this game and it's only been 2 days where I have not been able to play. I met up with Xur yesterday morning to upgrade and did a half hour of glimmer farming today. The biggest break I've taken from this game since playing on launch day.

Some family issues today caused me to have to bail on 2 raid groups at Crota and I have yet to beat him on any of my 3 characters (Hunter, Warlock and Titan, all have gotten to Crota at least).

I've been able to get armour to get all characters to 31 but only had time to get my Titan to 31, my Hunter and Warlock are still at 30.

I've got more glimmer farming I need to do tonight before Xur leaves before I can tackle Crota again.

I don't like this feeling, and all the additional grind and daily bounties, along with how much more difficult the dailies are, have really put a damper on juggling 3 high level characters.

I hope to be home by 9pm EST tonight and can get the glimmer farming done in an hour or so.

Anyone tackling Crota around 11pm EST tonight?

Greenymac

Who needs one for CE? Level 31 Hunter, here. I have the final boss CP but I'm fine with running from beginning, as I need the chests.

I'll take his spot, if you need it.

Well there was a 6th who signed the list but I havent seen them yet. If they dont show, hell yeah Ill run with Sharkjaw.

ocean

Banned
My Warlock has enough gear to hit 31 but no mats. I will grind to hell and back to get that Sniper though. Crota I will kill you over and over again until you drop it...

lunlunqq

Last night, my plea for help fell on deaf ears here on DestinyGAF... Will I have better luck tonight? Could someone please help me with nightfalls at around 8:30PM EST? Psn: lunlunqq. Thanks a lot in advance!

Deku Tree

I feel like I'm getting behind in this game and it's only been 2 days where I have not been able to play. I met up with Xur yesterday morning to upgrade and did a half hour of glimmer farming today. The biggest break I've taken from this game since playing on launch day.

Some family issues today caused me to have to bail on 2 raid groups at Crota and I have yet to beat him on any of my 3 characters (Hunter, Warlock and Titan, all have gotten to Crota at least).

I've been able to get armour to get all characters to 31 but only had time to get my Titan to 31, my Hunter and Warlock are still at 30.

I've got more glimmer farming I need to do tonight before Xur leaves before I can tackle Crota again.

I don't like this feeling, and all the additional grind and daily bounties, along with how much more difficult the dailies are, have really put a damper on juggling 3 high level characters.

I hope to be home by 9pm EST tonight and can get the glimmer farming done in an hour or so.

I'll probably be on around 9pm EST too looking to Farm Glimmer and possibly run a daily. If you see me on and you want to team up send me a party chat invite. I might be leveling my new low level Hunter.

NeOak

I haven't touched this game since 12/2.

I feel like I'm still in vanilla WoW and everyone is in Warlords of Draenor ;-;

phen0m24

Why don't those grinches over at Bungie decorate the Tower for Christmas? Place could use a bit of cheer

And please don't berate me with the PC "not everyone celebrates Christmas" hogwash
Come on bro aim high.

Dear Bungie
Santa

I've been a
halfway decent
good boy and bought the game and the expansion. I've been sherpa'ed and have returned the favor. I've made many new friends and have shared the fun of Destiny with them.

All I want for Christmas is an Ice Breaker.
If you're all sold out of Ice Breakers, then give everyone else the opportunity to have a Gjallarhorn.

Your friend,
The Guy Who outranks major Nelson,
ColonelOCorn

:)

I hope my K:D isn't a factor of being good or not. If so, I'm hosed.

I'll probably be on around 9pm EST too looking to Farm Glimmer and possibly run a daily. If you see me on and you want to team up send me a party chat invite. I might be leveling my new low level Hunter.

Sounds good! Should help get the glimmer farming over with quickly

I can run the daily w/ you guys as well. Also need to do the Ritual of Sacrifice part of the Xur urn bounty. 5 Motes of Light for doing it at Lvl 30! You know you want them!

I haven't touched this game since 12/2.

I feel like I'm still in vanilla WoW and everyone is in Warlords of Draenor ;-;

Yeah. I don't like this potential of resets and feeling like a level 20 again every 3 months.

Top Bottom