• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Mindlog

Warlock and Hunter 31 :]
Titan just needs a bit more XP. Wish I had an upgraded Saint helm.
Probably won't be tonight, but tomorrow will definitely be looking to make some Crota runs. I'll solo to the second chest if I have to.
hey guys, i bought an exotic shard on accident (thought i need it for the helmet i wanted, instead it was for the upgrade) now i got an exotic sniper rifle (ice breaker) should i use it on it or safe it for later? i'm level 26.
Upgrade Icebreaker.
Icebreaker is one the very best weapons and one of the few exotics that doesn't lose a lot from perks. If you wanted to use an exotic shard to upgrade anything then Icebreaker is an excellent choice. Probably the best choice. Saving the shard for later isn't a bad idea, but since it would be pretty far down the line before you need it I would upgrade Icebreaker.
Can I kill Urzok solo?
As a high level character with maxxed weapons it's possible. Have something to strip his shields. Using an arc fusion rifle is very effective. Then have something really heavy to hammer him with. I used Murmur (Arc) and Gjallarhorn. Managed to kill him in the middle of a warzone event.

Upgrade Icebreaker.
Icebreaker is one the very best weapons and one of the few exotics that doesn't lose a lot from perks. If you wanted to use an exotic shard to upgrade anything then Icebreaker is an excellent choice. Probably the best choice. Saving the shard for later isn't a bad idea, but since it would be pretty far down the line before you need it I would upgrade Icebreaker..

cool cool, thanks. does it matter if i just got it? do i need to max it first?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
thanks for the help with that Nightfall! Legendary Engram turned into a solar One Way Ticket RL with cluster bombs. Why not!

Now for the Xur shenanigans... figured I'd start off with the helm engrams- these are SERIOUSLY valuable guys, if you don't have a 36 light helm yet and do have one of each class, it's really really worth it.

I was able to afford 3 but opened them one by one. I'm happy upgrading Light Beyond Nemesis so a Warlock helm was the least useful. Happy with Hunter or Titan, but Saint-14 was the jackpot.

Opened two...
B4xabSqCEAMl0SV.jpg:large

B4xayK7CQAAuPLv.jpg:large
yesssssss. now all THREE of my characters have easy paths to 31, and I haven't spent a strange coin yet. delicious.

now if only my stupid voice audio would stop cutting out, I can barely hear anybody :[

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yay. Just beat that ugly ass Crota

Got shader, teh song of something something, raid boots, a bunch of shards/energies, etc.

Thanks a lot guys. Ghorn still proves it's the best weapon. Wouldn't have done it without it.

Anybody wants to run it later on? Need to do it with my alt.

Ourobolus

Banned
thanks for the help with that Nightfall! Legendary Engram turned into a solar One Way Ticket RL with cluster bombs. Why not!

Now for the Xur shenanigans... figured I'd start off with the helm engrams- these are SERIOUSLY valuable guys, if you don't have a 36 light helm yet and do have one of each class, it's really really worth it.

I was able to afford 3 but opened them one by one. I'm happy upgrading Light Beyond Nemesis so a Warlock helm was the least useful. Happy with Hunter or Titan, but Saint-14 was the jackpot.

Opened two...

yesssssss. now all THREE of my characters have easy paths to 31, and I haven't spent a strange coin yet. delicious.

now if only my stupid voice audio would stop cutting out, I can barely hear anybody :[

I did the exact same thing. On a whim, I said "fuck it," and bought two helmet engrams, and they were the exact ones my Titan and Hunter were using the most. Knucklehead Radar and An Insurmountable Skullfort. Fantastic.

Mindlog

cool cool, thanks. does it matter if i just got it? do i need to max it first?
Nope, you don't need to max it first.
As a matter of fact it's even better to upgrade it now. I change my answer from 'probably a good idea' to 'certainly a good idea.' You would be jumping straight to 302 damage. Upgrade immediately!

This is one of those cases where the upgrade system is a huge benefit and actually helps.

And another Crota bites the dust. Two runs as swordbearer has destroyed my nerves. Time to drink heavily.

Crota down; got shotgun :/

Yay. Just beat that ugly ass Crota

Got shader, teh song of something something, raid boots, a bunch of shards/energies, etc.

Thanks a lot guys. Ghorn still proves it's the best weapon. Wouldn't have done it without it.

Anybody wants to run it later on? Need to do it with my alt.

Congrats guys. I hope to beat him soon :/

Kadey I'm down to run it around 11pm EST if you can?

Many thanks to these guys:

rubenov25
clutch_wayzz
spyder_ur
aphex26
mc1582

We finally brought Crota down. It was hard going and took a while but we were a great little team and with patience we smashed it. Great work everyone. Was great fun :D

Opened two...

I rolled 3 engrams and lucked out. Obsidian Mind for my Warlock, Knucklhead Radar for my Hunter (never had it), and Insurmountable Skullfort for my Titan (had it so it saved me an upgrade).

rNilla

Uh yeah also during one of our runs we somehow cloned
the chalice
and had two of them. I died
with the chalice
and amidst all of the revive and
chalice picking up
confusion there were somehow two in play.

Opened two...

What are your stats for the Knucklehead? The two I have are both in strength and I was wondering if that is standard

spyder_ur

rubenov25
clutch_wayzz
spyder_ur
aphex26
mc1582

We finally brought Crota down. It was hard going and took a while but we were a great little team and with patience we smashed it. Great work everyone. Was great fun :D

That was a blast. And just like with my first hard atheon clear, I ended it on the ground - as someone put it, the ultimate sacrifice. How's that rocket launcher I got from Crota?

I'm in urgent need of shards. PSN: ps_flocki
Level 30 Hunter.

Awesome.

So far:

1. ArkkAngel007- Level 30 Hunter
2. Westonianb Level 30 Hunter
3. READvacany- Level 30 Hunter
4. ps_flocki- Level 30 Hunter
I should probably go die but I'm totally down to run VoG Hard or Normal. It would be a welcome relief.

You're welcome to join. We're doing a quick last Urn mission, and maybe Weekly, so we're about on track for 8-8:30 best

ocean

Banned
So Crota's End strategy: any segments where blinding bubble (Saint-14) is particularly useful? Gotta learn how to use this thing properly. Spoiler tag any answers I guess in case anyone still wants to go blind.

five hours later, crota is DEFEATED... god im exhausted

i like how our final good run only took like 10 min or so too. it's not a super long or hard fight, just need everyone to stay alive and work together.

ocean

Banned

rubenov25
clutch_wayzz
spyder_ur
aphex26
mc1582

Really glad to hear you got him!! Wish I'd been there. Anyone get the sniper rifle? I lust for it.

Born2Live

Awesome.

So far:

You're welcome to join. We're doing a quick last Urn mission, and maybe Weekly, so we're about on track for 8-8:30 best

What time you thinking of starting? I need to clear a couple of bounties then I can join if that's okay?

Looking to defeat Crota at 11pm EST tonight

Level 31 Titan
PS4
Cosmos_Man

Experience with this section would be great. Gjallerhorns would be amazing

1. Cosmos_Man
2. Kadey

Drizzay or any others who have completed it and willing to help that would be amazing!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What are your stats for the Knucklehead? The two I have are both in strength and I was wondering if that is standard
can't look at the old right now, but the new one is strength. Yeah, kind of a bummer but oh well. I still really love it, great helm.

rNilla

Awesome.

So far:

I'm game if you still have room. PSN rNilla.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Congrats guys. I hope to beat him soon :/

Kadey I'm down to run it around 11pm EST if you can?

I'm down. No mic. Will run it with my Titan 31 this time which should be easier with the Arma and two extra rockets.

I really think it isn't as hard as VOG because there are no real glitches and bugs like on there. I can see how people are beating it real fast. You just need a good coordinated team. Oh and if half of the team has IB and GHorn, there is no way to not get it done. Have tons of heavy synths just in case.

phen0m24

Having just watched that crazy weekly I dub thee Saint Hawkian the Patient.

Thanks H for Super Sherpa there. Josh was going to do the sherpa-ing himself but he needs to play slow too.

Not sure where he gets the urge to run forward from. ;)

I'm down. No mic. Will run it with my Titan 31 this time which should be easier with the Arma and two extra rockets.

I really think it isn't as hard as VOG because there are no real glitches and bugs like on there. I can see how people are beating it real fast. You just need a good coordinated team. Oh and if half of the team has IB and GHorn, there is no way to not get it done. Have tons of heavy synths just in case.

Awesome! Added you above. I have been using IB and Truth. No GH :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So Crota's End strategy: any segments where blinding bubble (Saint-14) is particularly useful? Gotta learn how to use this thing properly. Spoiler tag any answers I guess in case anyone still wants to go blind.
Definitely,
during the initial run, you can drop the bubble and keep running and it's basically a barrier, because it stops them in their tracks when they run in and get blinded. Then at the escape bridge forming, putting a bubble on the plate is amazing, you can all keep making orbs for each other and any knights that run in get blinded and useless.

It should be noted that Striker is incredible throughout though too.
Having just watched that crazy weekly I dub thee Saint Hawkian the Patient.

Thanks H for Super Sherpa there. Josh was going to do the sherpa-ing himself but he needs to play slow too.

Not sure where he gets the urge to run forward from. ;)

ahaha no problem! maybe I have some sort of a future in this kind of thing

can't look at the old right now, but the new one is strength. Yeah, kind of a bummer but oh well. I still really love it, great helm.

Yea I'm assuming certain armor exotics have fixed stat distributions. It is definitely my favorite helmet (the 3D radar is amazing, wish it had a different helmet though), it isn't subclass exclusive like every other Hunter helmet.

E92 M3

I feel like I'm getting behind in this game and it's only been 2 days where I have not been able to play. I met up with Xur yesterday morning to upgrade and did a half hour of glimmer farming today. The biggest break I've taken from this game since playing on launch day.

Some family issues today caused me to have to bail on 2 raid groups at Crota and I have yet to beat him on any of my 3 characters (Hunter, Warlock and Titan, all have gotten to Crota at least).

I've been able to get armour to get all characters to 31 but only had time to get my Titan to 31, my Hunter and Warlock are still at 30.

I've got more glimmer farming I need to do tonight before Xur leaves before I can tackle Crota again.

I don't like this feeling, and all the additional grind and daily bounties, along with how much more difficult the dailies are, have really put a damper on juggling 3 high level characters.

I hope to be home by 9pm EST tonight and can get the glimmer farming done in an hour or so.

Anyone tackling Crota around 11pm EST tonight?

Oh yes, this game is horrible for making you feel left behind. I hate it.

ocean

Banned
Definitely,
during the initial run, you can drop the bubble and keep running and it's basically a barrier, because it stops them in their tracks when they run in and get blinded. Then at the escape bridge forming, putting a bubble on the plate is amazing, you can all keep making orbs for each other and any knights that run in get blinded and useless.

It should be noted that Striker is incredible throughout though too.

ahaha no problem! maybe I have some sort of a future in this kind of thing
Yeah Striker's blinding grenade was my previous go-to for this Raid but I figure with Saint-14 I can run Defender and be more balanced in what I can offer a Fireteam.

For VoG I think it's only really used at stairs during Conflux phase and maybe Oracles?

phen0m24

Anyone running CE tonight? 8:45 to 9 EST?

I need to kick my kid off my console but at least I did laundry and cleaned. Whew finally.

I have a 31 Hunter 30 Titan and 29 Warlock.

300 G'horn
300 VoC
300 Fatebringer
300 Praedyth's Revenge
300 Patience and Time
302 Thorn
302 Thunderlord
302 Dragon's Breath
302 Suros

Have previously made it to Deathsinger which was the end of our run. :(

PSN ColonelOCorn

E92 M3

Overall, I am very happy that hunters are a nice commodity for this raid. I love being the sword bearer - even though it's a lot of pressure - but nothing feels better than striking that asshole down.

Top Bottom