• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Looking to defeat Crota at 11pm EST tonight

Level 31 Titan
PS4
Cosmos_Man

Experience with this section would be great. Gjallerhorns would be amazing

1. Cosmos_Man
2. Kadey
3. phen0m24
4. ErnieMcCracken
5. iRawsaurus
6. King C

We have our team!!! We will keep going until he's down!

ocean

Banned
yep, that's the better use of your Exotic slot in vog.

hmm... after this weekend I'll have both of those options available with 36 light pieces... damn good stuff.

I still have much business to conduct with Xur... need to look over my Exotic and decide what to dismantle. But I definitely want Ice Breaker upgraded, Armamentarium and Light Beyond Nemesis for extra paths to 32, and Achylophage and Ruin Wings for the collection... Might do The Last Word too. I have an extra I can dismantle for the shard. Doing Ahamkara's spine too would be pushing it though, can't go nuts XD
I bought R. Wings and the Hunter helmet on sale because my Hunter will eventually move past level 9 (one day...). Also bought upgrade for Armamentarium, Ice Breaker and SUROS Regime. Engram roll got me a bad Warlock helm (Dire Ahamkara) and then Saint-14 (<3).

MADGAME

31 Titan looking to take down Crota at his checkpoint. Been going at him for awhile but group disbanded for now. Familiar with the roles, if a group needs an extra gun.

Will run a whole raid if the group is committed to completing.

X-Frame

Anyone running CE tonight? 8:45 to 9 EST?

I need to kick my kid off my console but at least I did laundry and cleaned. Whew finally.

I have a 31 Hunter 30 Titan and 29 Warlock.

300 G'horn
300 VoC
300 Fatebringer
300 Praedyth's Revenge
300 Patience and Time
302 Thorn
302 Thunderlord
302 Dragon's Breath
302 Suros

Have previously made it to Deathsinger which was the end of our run. :(

PSN ColonelOCorn

Hah, I'd be willing to give it another go. I just leveled up a second Titan so swapping gear I am 31 now. :)

Deku Tree

You all think it's shit now but once hard raid comes and you have knights with yellow health, that "useless" machine gun ain't looking so useless now.

Yup. Pretty much any type of weapon that you like using that does bonus damage to stronger hive enemies is going to be very lethal.

ocean

Banned
Calling it now. Crota and his minions at the final stage will be level 34 in hard mode
I'm thinking 33 but with Wizards. Wizards everywhere. Huddled at middle hallway to kill Ogres? Wizards behind you. DPS Crota? Wizards will get in the way of your rockets. Got a new weapon drop? A Wizard will steal it and throw it off the map.

Wizards are assholes.

phen0m24

Looking to defeat Crota at 11pm EST tonight

Level 31 Titan
PS4
Cosmos_Man

Experience with this section would be great. Gjallerhorns would be amazing

1. Cosmos_Man
2. Kadey
3. phen0m24
4. ErnieMcCracken
5. iRawsaurus
6. King C

We have our team!!! We will keep going until he's down!

My psn is colonelocorn BB thanks

So I guess the raid helmet is locked to the hard raid next month?

Lame that they said primary weapons only. I can't believe my Titan has gone through 2/3 of the loot drops with only shards and energy. Fuck.

Deku Tree

So I guess the raid helmet is locked to the hard raid next month?

Lame that they said primary weapons only. I can't believe my Titan has gone through 2/3 of the loot drops with only shards and energy. Fuck.

I haven't heard of anyone on the Internet getting the CE raid helmet. But based on the current system it will probably drop before the boss which makes it easier to obtain.

E92 M3

Did Bungie
fabricate about Crota having multiple forms when someone mentioned it will just a big knight?

I was just thinking about that today.

Do Hawkian's guides for post-20 leveling still apply? Is there a more streamlined approach? I convinced my wife to let me open my Christmas present early and I'm itching to dive in.

Unrelated: The Last of Us is amazing. /sogood.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm unsure about the Thunderlord. I use it for very specific situations and the raid isn't one of them. I can always upgrade it in the House of Wolves.
I love it, and It's invaluable in Arc burns. but yeah, only go for it if it's a gun you really like (ice breaker/thunderlord for me) or one you haven't touched and are interested in getting into (red death/TLW for me).

Namikaze1

That machine gun shoots through Knight's Wall of Darkness. Add in the additional damage it does to Hive Majors.

This gun is gonna murder all the knights. You all can keep on hating on it. I'm gonna go ahead and cuddle with it.

Deku Tree

Did Bungie
fabricate about Crota having multiple forms when someone mentioned it will just a big knight?

I was just thinking about that today.

I believe Deej or Urk posted in one of our OT's that the promo image of Crota was only one of his forms IIRC. Someone could easily look for it with a quick search but I am on mobile.

Definity

God damn, I am unable to find this Urzok character on the Urn quest. Does anyone have any tips for locating him on the Earth patrol?

Just hang out in skywatch until the hive and fallen start fighting each other. Urzok will eventually be dropped in from a hive ship.

Can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere, what level do you need to be to do the new DLC story missions? Already feeling the pain of being locked out of the daily story/daily strike/weekly strike. Guess their plan to force non dlc owners hands is working lol.

E92 M3

I love it, and It's invaluable in Arc burns. but yeah, only go for it if it's a gun you really like (ice breaker/thunderlord for me) or one you haven't touched and are interested in getting into (red death/TLW for me).

Yeah, for Arc burn it's great - but as it stands everything outside the raid is 30 so I figure I don't need to waste 7k to upgrade it. Maybe Xur will sell it and I'll pick it up then.

I believe Deej or Urk posted in one of our OT's that the promo image of Crota was only one of his forms IIRC. Someone could easily look for it with a quick search but I am on mobile.

Exactly, it seemed to be a straight up lie. Unless things changed last minute...Actually, I bet in Hard mode we might get some different battles. Maybe that's why they're taking longer to release it?

shem935

Banned
Not sure if there is an answer to this but: for the last stage of the raid
when you get out of the green window trap and go outside and grab the challice and are heading to your various spots, has anyone seen the gatekeeper that spawns on the third level? If so any clue what that is for?

Ambitious

Awesome.

So far:

1. ArkkAngel007- Level 30 Hunter
2. Westonianb Level 30 Hunter
3. READvacany- Level 30 Hunter
4. ps_flocki- Level 30 Hunter

You're welcome to join. We're doing a quick last Urn mission, and maybe Weekly, so we're about on track for 8-8:30 best

I'm sorry, but you've got to find someone else. It's getting to late for me. It's already 2am here.

Deku Tree

Not sure if there is an answer to this but: for the last stage of the raid
when you get out of the green window trap and go outside and grab the challice and are heading to your various spots, has anyone seen the gatekeeper that spawns on the third level? If so any clue what that is for?

Someone posted a video of that... Maybe it's an indication of what's to come in hard mode?

I'm sorry, but you've got to find someone else. It's getting to late for me. It's already 2am here.

Alright, Weekly ran a bit longer than intended.

So it looks like for VoG Hard:

1. ArkkAngel007 Level 30 Hunter
2.Westonianb Level 30 Hunter
3. READvacany- Level 30 Hunter
4. rNilla
5. YKERR- 30 Sunbro
6. Born2Live

Invites will be going out shortly

Deku Tree

31 Titan looking to take down Crota at his checkpoint. Been going at him for awhile but group disbanded for now. Familiar with the roles, if a group needs an extra gun.

Will run a whole raid if the group is committed to completing.

I can't raid tonight but I wanted to say that PSN messages consistently fail for me on the weekends recently. It's almost impossible for me to send one because I think Sony servers in my area are very inadequate in comparison to the number of people sending messages on the weekends. So I just can't reply to those messages on weekends recently Unfortunately.

Brigandier

Hey I posted this in tbe raids thread aswell, Lv28 Hunter PS4 ID is Reyntimes 

Looking to start VoG and lv28 strikes need coins and mats for upgrades until ready to take on CE. GMT player but flexible with play time.

Please add me dying to experience some proper content with a communicating group!!!

MADGAME

I can't raid tonight but I wanted to say that PSN messages consistently fail for me on the weekends recently. It's almost impossible for me to send one because I think Sony servers in my area are very inadequate in comparison to the number of people sending messages on the weekends. So I just can't reply to those messages on weekends recently Unfortunately.

No worries man! Definitely miss you in the party but I understand.

I completely agree about PSN. You know you can feel a bit jealous when someone has the weapon you want or got a sweet drop in Destiny? That's how I feel about people who can actually access their messages on PSN.

Top Bottom